PDA

View Full Version : Losing some weight with Animal Cuts. Would i lose muscle ?

dazkyl
07-24-13, 12:22 pm
I am 19 years old , about 180cm tall and was planning on losing some weight.

I had in mind to do daily cardio 5-6 times a week and taking animal cuts , along with proper eating and drinking of water.

I am not hitting the gym and i got natural strength in me. Would i lose muscle ? And would i lose weight ?

Aggression
07-31-13, 5:08 pm

I had in mind to do daily cardio 5-6 times a week and taking animal cuts , along with proper eating and drinking of water.

I am not hitting the gym and i got natural strength in me. Would i lose muscle ? And would i lose weight ?

You build muscle through resistance training and eating properly (for growth and recovery). So I'm not sure how you're concerned with losing muscle if you don't even hit the gym. Regardless, if you're eating enough protein (and carbs/fats) to keep that muscle around and you don't drop your calories too quickly, you should hold onto what you have, muscle-wise, while dropping body fat. Don't drop too quickly (aim for 1-2lbs per week). Slow and steady.

Swolepez
08-04-13, 2:24 pm

First you need to find your maintenance cals for your weight, height, age, gender and activity level and go from there....once you find it, subtract 250-500 cals and start from there.....Keep protein to a MINIMUM of 1 gram per lb of body weight and like Aggression said lose no more than 2 lbs a week...

just wondering, why are your not hitting the gym but then worrying about muscle loss?