PDA

View Full Version : Hey Brothers - Update on my friend that was shot

shortstack
07-27-13, 4:20 pm
My friend Joe Rudd is the guy that was carjacked and shot in the head in Columbus on his way home from our class reunion. He's a great father and a great person and if you guys can keep him in your thoughts and prayers it would mean a lot to me.

We spent a lot of time catching up this past weekend and he didn't take one breath without talking about his son or how proud he was to be able to help keep out country safe by designing and building various laser systems for the military and various space programs. This kind if thing shouldn't happen to anyone but its especially painful when it happens to someone you know and respect the hell out of.

Any Animals in the Ohio area that could pm me any local sites that are more up to date than google would be greatly appreciated.

Cellardweller
07-27-13, 7:26 pm
That really is heart breaking. I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with his family.

deanna7272
07-27-13, 9:25 pm
Oh my goodness, that's awful!!!! Will definitely keep the family in thought and prayer.... Thinking of you also, I can't imagine...

Just a quick search in the dispatch... I will keep looking....

http://mobile.dispatch.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=1003&nid=3074930226&cid=20816&scid=-1&ith=0&title=Latest+News&headtitle=Latest+News

Appollonian
07-27-13, 10:19 pm
No words man... just prayers. Thank you for sharing.

shortstack
07-28-13, 11:11 am
Thanks for the support and Thanks Dee for the link.

I'll keep looking for updates and continue to hope for the best.

deanna7272
07-28-13, 4:57 pm
Thanks for the support and Thanks Dee for the link.

I'll keep looking for updates and continue to hope for the best.

I'm thinking that The Columbus Dispatch may be the best way to follow... Hoping and praying for a positive outcome!!!

JHOORNSTRA
07-28-13, 9:37 pm
That sucks...Prayers sent

shortstack
07-28-13, 11:09 pm
One of our high school classmates is a police officer and made some inquiries. Apparently he was shot right under his left eye and the bullet hit his cheekbone and shattered which actually saved his life. He has a trach tube in and won't be conscious until tomorrow But it's much better than it could've been. They also don't expect any neurological or vision issues.

deanna7272
07-29-13, 12:12 am
One of our high school classmates is a police officer and made some inquiries. Apparently he was shot right under his left eye and the bullet hit his cheekbone and shattered which actually saved his life. He has a trach tube in and won't be conscious until tomorrow But it's much better than it could've been. They also don't expect any neurological or vision issues.

Wow... Thank God... I'm at a loss for words other than it's nothing short of a miracle... I know that word is thrown around a lot, but in this case it's definitely worthy...

Thanks for the update Jeremy...

shortstack
08-01-13, 11:11 am
Just a quick update on my buddy. He seems to have come out of surgery ok but I haven't heard any more since then. The news finally ran a good story on him and I hope his story keeps getting out.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/07/william-joe-rudd-in-serious-condition-after-dayton-shooting-92063.html

Riffmaster
08-01-13, 11:42 am
Just a quick update on my buddy. He seems to have come out of surgery ok but I haven't heard any more since then. The news finally ran a good story on him and I hope his story keeps getting out.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/07/william-joe-rudd-in-serious-condition-after-dayton-shooting-92063.html

Glad to hear it, prayers to you and his family.

Kowboy
08-01-13, 12:12 pm
I shared it on Facebook, that is crazy. Especially madison county, that is a country town or so I thought. I know it is where EliteFTS is out of and where most of my family lived as a kid.

Kowboy
08-01-13, 12:18 pm
Jeremy - He is at the hospital by where I train if you need me to deliver anything or what not for him. I know where those truck stops are...insane man

shortstack
08-01-13, 1:16 pm
Glad to hear it, prayers to you and his family. Appreciate it brother.

Jeremy - He is at the hospital by where I train if you need me to deliver anything or what not for him. I know where those truck stops are...insane man
Thanks again Mark. Really appreciate all the support.