Awesome clips, your lookin' HUGE!!

Thanks man

JHOORNSTRA
07-31-13, 11:55 am
Inspiring. Good music too!

Thanks

J-Dawg
07-31-13, 12:52 pm
Great vid of your recent training J. Super strong!

JHOORNSTRA
07-31-13, 1:32 pm
Great vid of your recent training J. Super strong!

Thanks man

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-02-13, 2:34 am
What's your next planned meet/comp?

JHOORNSTRA
08-03-13, 12:19 am
What's your next planned meet/comp?

As of now, looking for one in November here in FL so don't have to deal with travel and make sure I'm at least over 700 that way...then RUM in February, then possibly full power after that. We'll see...feeling great now and all healed up so as long as I can stay that way...what about you?

Riffmaster
08-03-13, 1:24 pm
Bad to the bone J-Ho. Or maybe it should be J-Swole!

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 2:53 pm
Bad to the bone J-Ho. Or maybe it should be J-Swole!

Thanks man.

AnnaMcC
08-15-13, 11:58 am
Solid training video bro! You're a beast. How long you been powerlifting?

Universal Rep
08-15-13, 12:14 pm
As of now, looking for one in November here in FL so don't have to deal with travel and make sure I'm at least over 700 that way...then RUM in February, then possibly full power after that. We'll see...feeling great now and all healed up so as long as I can stay that way...what about you?

Lookin for sumthin big at the next CAGE brotha... How bout tryin to set a WR there?

G Diesel
08-15-13, 12:36 pm
That is what the fuck I'm talking about.

As hardcore a compilation of crazy training footage from one month, as you'll see anywhere. That's the shit I love about this sport.

Thanks for setting the bar high bro.

Peace, G

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 2:27 pm
Solid training video bro! You're a beast. How long you been powerlifting?

Thanks, started in bodybuilding and had over a 600 bench throughout the diet so ended up changing over while at FSU...maybe around 2005 and set the 242 WR my first real meet there. Was fun, Ed Coan judged with the Terry and Jan, Kaz announced, lifted with Sgt Rock, Siders, Byrd, Winters, Wolfe, Scott Smith...was a good show.

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 2:30 pm
Lookin for sumthin big at the next CAGE brotha... How bout tryin to set a WR there?

Well, haven't really mentioned too much about it but I'm doing a show in November and I'm looking to weigh around 265 and have a good, crazy easy to eliminate dispute of any kind 710-720 then. After that I'm looking for around a 740 in February at the RUM. I can't set a record in the cage, I think the last time I lifted there I did 635 at 240 but that was well before I set the 661...but maybe by March be touch and go with 750ish and maybe a rep thing like 495 for 15ish, 405 for 30ish...something like that. I'm feeling good since I quit trying to stay sub 242 and holding steady.

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 2:31 pm
That is what the fuck I'm talking about.

As hardcore a compilation of crazy training footage from one month, as you'll see anywhere. That's the shit I love about this sport.

Thanks for setting the bar high bro.

Peace, G

Thanks man, I wasn't too happy with it but considering the injury I took it. Did a few more sets of five so far since then with 570 and 585 but will post those here soon.

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-22-13, 1:30 am
Just looking to heal up enough to compete in Nov. Then RUM in Feb, can't wait! You going full power at RUM?

JHOORNSTRA
08-22-13, 5:26 pm
Just looking to heal up enough to compete in Nov. Then RUM in Feb, can't wait! You going full power at RUM?

Probably not there but soon after, want a high bench at RUM...have a number in mind but don't want to jinx it...

Goldstone
08-23-13, 12:44 pm
Ridiculously impressive video, JHo.

I think what impressed me the most was the dips. Not just because it's double the amount of plates I've ever seen, but because the dip station didn't SNAP. I don't think they ever expected someone with that much weight to grab those handles hahaha.

JHOORNSTRA
08-23-13, 5:01 pm
Ridiculously impressive video, JHo.

I think what impressed me the most was the dips. Not just because it's double the amount of plates I've ever seen, but because the dip station didn't SNAP. I don't think they ever expected someone with that much weight to grab those handles hahaha.

Yeah, a tad nervous about it, especially since it's just a normal one, not built for powerlifters, etc. I did fall once because the grip came unglued and spun in my hand and I fell through to the bottom. Was ok luckily, but now I try to get gloves or something so I don't slip. I think it's the only time I've ever used them but I'd prefer to not fall to my death...

Goldstone
08-24-13, 1:48 pm
Yeah, a tad nervous about it, especially since it's just a normal one, not built for powerlifters, etc. I did fall once because the grip came unglued and spun in my hand and I fell through to the bottom. Was ok luckily, but now I try to get gloves or something so I don't slip. I think it's the only time I've ever used them but I'd prefer to not fall to my death...

Yeah, I noticed the gloves and was like "WTF?" but then figured it was due to what you said. Not falling to your death > wearing gloves any day for sure.

JHOORNSTRA
08-24-13, 1:52 pm
Yeah, I noticed the gloves and was like "WTF?" but then figured it was due to what you said. Not falling to your death > wearing gloves any day for sure.

yeah, they were actually a pair I found in lost and found, way too small so I cut them in half pretty much, the velcro around the wrist holds them together..somewhat...whatever, it's only for like 10 seconds and prolongs my life...is what it is I guess...