raw with wraps
true black inzer knee wraps
inzer 10mm lever
inzer iron z wrist wraps
squats
warm ups felt great. was alittle nervis but nothing crazy
first attemp was 365 took it deep and gridded it up was alittle loose
but got 3 whites

2nd was 405 walked it out super tight decended came right up but was at parrallel
and didnt break it 2 reds 1 white

3rd was 410 walked it out set up took my breath and heading down and leaned fowared
and dumped it was not pushing on my belt air was in lungs 3 reds

bench (here we go)
the rules of bench were shoulders head and butt on pad. my form has me looking at the bar on the way down
so i had to change my form but i figered my opener was still good but i was dead wrong i should have lowerd it

opener was 275 something i triple in the gym came down with my head down and got the press and up it came a stuck
no lift
2nd 275 again same resalte
3rd 275 facing a bomb out i went back to normal form and it blasted off my chest and was lock out BUT on came the 3 reds
head off the pad

so i was done was bumbed as hell. the meet director said i could be scratched from the full power and hit deads only
i was in for that

deads
1st 365 bar was loaded set up and pulled 365 like it was 600 and got 3 whites
2nd was 385 same resalt pulled it like a man possesed
3rd was 415 a pr set up and pulled came up to my knees and my right hand started to give but held on by a finer tip and locked it out
just hit a 10 lbs pr

had a blast at my first meet, went though all the highs and lows of a meet all in one . bombed out, dumped a squat, hit a pr
now i know what to do and openers to pick to make sure i dont bomb. thanks for every ones support
i hopw to do my next meet sept 15 a uspa meet here in austin.

chromedome106
07-29-13, 7:19 pm
i have pics and vids but have no idea how to post em lol

some pics on my instagram @chromedome106

deanna7272
07-29-13, 8:33 pm
There's always a learning curve to everything new... You have one under your belt and you've set your sights on the next, that's an accomplishment within itself!!! Congrats on your highs and lows, learn and grow from both!!! Best of luck on your next go round!!!

Firefist
07-29-13, 8:45 pm
Just competing, you have done way more than many people, including this poster himself. It's awesome you got this experience. Now lets kill some more numbers come september brother.

RedlegDbell
07-29-13, 9:03 pm
Congratulations on stepping on the platform! Frustrating about the bench. It's disappointing that some federations have special form requirements other than pause and wait for the press command. Too bad they're not all the same. Best of luck at your next meet!

chromedome106
07-29-13, 9:28 pm
There's always a learning curve to everything new... You have one under your belt and you've set your sights on the next, that's an accomplishment within itself!!! Congrats on your highs and lows, learn and grow from both!!! Best of luck on your next go round!!!

Just competing, you have done way more than many people, including this poster himself. It's awesome you got this experience. Now lets kill some more numbers come september brother.

Congratulations on stepping on the platform! Frustrating about the bench. It's disappointing that some federations have special form requirements other than pause and wait for the press command. Too bad they're not all the same. Best of luck at your next meet!

thanks for the support i plan on traning hard and killing it.

Goldstone
07-30-13, 9:44 am
Congrats on competing! While it's still fresh in your head, jot down your experience and what you learned. Should you have brought more food? Did you spend to little or too much time warming up? Did you warm up too early or too late? Learn from these things, good or bad, and SFW at your next competition.

naturalguy
07-30-13, 1:01 pm
Congrats on popping your cherry. You got all the bad stuff out of the way and now you can focus on getting stronger. Keep pushing.

Everyonedoes
07-30-13, 1:28 pm
Congrats man it takes alot to compete. How did your lifts place against the other folks at the comp?

chromedome106
07-30-13, 7:08 pm
Congrats man it takes alot to compete. How did your lifts place against the other folks at the comp?

i was the only one in my weight class to attempent over 400 squat. my bench opener was over there 3rd attempt and my deads were 5 lbs under

i would havew on by a mile if i didnt bomb i would have totaled close to a 1000 with just the openers 1100 with 3rds and the winner put up a 980 i think

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
07-30-13, 7:24 pm
well the time came last saterday for my first meet. made weight at 197.4
raw with wraps
true black inzer knee wraps
inzer 10mm lever
inzer iron z wrist wraps
squats
warm ups felt great. was alittle nervis but nothing crazy
first attemp was 365 took it deep and gridded it up was alittle loose
but got 3 whites

2nd was 405 walked it out super tight decended came right up but was at parrallel
and didnt break it 2 reds 1 white

3rd was 410 walked it out set up took my breath and heading down and leaned fowared
and dumped it was not pushing on my belt air was in lungs 3 reds

bench (here we go)
the rules of bench were shoulders head and butt on pad. my form has me looking at the bar on the way down
so i had to change my form but i figered my opener was still good but i was dead wrong i should have lowerd it

opener was 275 something i triple in the gym came down with my head down and got the press and up it came a stuck
no lift
2nd 275 again same resalte
3rd 275 facing a bomb out i went back to normal form and it blasted off my chest and was lock out BUT on came the 3 reds
head off the pad

so i was done was bumbed as hell. the meet director said i could be scratched from the full power and hit deads only
i was in for that

deads
1st 365 bar was loaded set up and pulled 365 like it was 600 and got 3 whites
2nd was 385 same resalt pulled it like a man possesed
3rd was 415 a pr set up and pulled came up to my knees and my right hand started to give but held on by a finer tip and locked it out
just hit a 10 lbs pr

had a blast at my first meet, went though all the highs and lows of a meet all in one . bombed out, dumped a squat, hit a pr
now i know what to do and openers to pick to make sure i dont bomb. thanks for every ones support
i hopw to do my next meet sept 15 a uspa meet here in austin.

Hey it happens, I have even bombed out of a meet before, I know how it feels. Now that you have your 1st meet under your belt the next one will be that much easier for you. Lean from your mistakes and move forward. It will make you a better lifter. Great numbers by the way.

Also Just a quick tip, I always like to open on the bench something I can hit for at least 4 to 5 reps no problem, and can pause it for long time even if I was dog sick and had NO leg drive or an arch I know i can make the lift no problem.

chromedome106
07-30-13, 9:11 pm
Hey it happens, I have even bombed out of a meet before, I know how it feels. Now that you have your 1st meet under your belt the next one will be that much easier for you. Lean from your mistakes and move forward. It will make you a better lifter. Great numbers by the way.

Also Just a quick tip, I always like to open on the bench something I can hit for at least 4 to 5 reps no problem, and can pause it for long time even if I was dog sick and had NO leg drive or an arch I know i can make the lift no problem.

thanks ernie for the advise i will deffenetly be using it in september.

JHOORNSTRA
07-31-13, 11:58 am
Congrats man, glad you had fun and learned from it. I'd be messed up with a head on the bench rule as well but like Ernie said, drop and hit something you could get no matter what.

Cellardweller
08-01-13, 12:56 pm
I showed up at my first meet without a singlet LOL.

BrennANIMAL
08-03-13, 12:47 pm
I showed up at my first meet without a singlet LOL.

I had no belt and wore a pair of Reebok Pumps.

Chromedome, like everyone is saying, you got your first meet out of the way and now you have experienced something that most never have and never will. You'll undoubtedly know your weight attempts better the second time around and you'll smash previous bests. Good luck!

chromedome106
08-05-13, 6:52 pm
I had no belt and wore a pair of Reebok Pumps.

Chromedome, like everyone is saying, you got your first meet out of the way and now you have experienced something that most never have and never will. You'll undoubtedly know your weight attempts better the second time around and you'll smash previous bests. Good luck!

thanks man !!