PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shaw Pulling 985 POUNDS!!!!

Altered Beast
08-05-13, 1:18 pm
This is INSANE! Brian Shaw works up to a 985 Pound Deadlift!!!!!! He uses a wide stance with a wide double overhand grip! W O W! Straps are legal in Strongman so you can't hate on him for that!

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/25818

He has a 1000 Pound Deadlift in him, that is seriously frickin awesome.

naturalguy
08-05-13, 1:27 pm
He is a beast and a VERY large human being

Altered Beast
08-05-13, 2:00 pm
He is a beast and a VERY large human being

Agreed! I am just both impressed and baffled with his Deadlift form. Never seen anything like it! It's almost a snatch like form!

G Diesel
08-05-13, 2:03 pm
The dude is so tall that bar must travel a great distance. Inhuman.

Peace, G

HIGA MONSTER
08-05-13, 6:31 pm
Sarge and I watched that video at breakfast so many times this past weekend in Oregon. SICK!

BigChrisF
08-06-13, 8:37 am
Agreed! I am just both impressed and baffled with his Deadlift form. Never seen anything like it! It's almost a snatch like form!

Mark Felix

Altered Beast
08-06-13, 9:20 am
The dude is so tall that bar must travel a great distance. Inhuman.

Peace, G

Agreed!

Sarge and I watched that video at breakfast so many times this past weekend in Oregon. SICK!

If that doesn't motivate you, you're soul is DEAD! LOL!

Very sick!

Mark Felix

Mark has the 18" Tire Deadlift record, but I haven't seen him Pull this much from the floor. Unless you have a fun video for us to enjoy =)

*It really only counts off of the floor my man.

BigChrisF
08-08-13, 12:34 am
Mark has the 18" Tire Deadlift record, but I haven't seen him Pull this much from the floor. Unless you have a fun video for us to enjoy =)

*It really only counts off of the floor my man.

When I brought up Mark Felix, I was thinking about the form. He tends to stand fairly wide and grip even wider. I know he has pulled over 900 a couple of times in meets, but this is all I could find. It is labeled 420 kg/ 926 lbs. He does get a little hitchy at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnMYbibQOCE

Looking through his youtube channel, he seems to have a lot of 400 kg / 881 lbs competition deads in there.

Altered Beast
08-08-13, 9:25 am
When I brought up Mark Felix, I was thinking about the form. He tends to stand fairly wide and grip even wider. I know he has pulled over 900 a couple of times in meets, but this is all I could find. It is labeled 420 kg/ 926 lbs. He does get a little hitchy at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnMYbibQOCE

Looking through his youtube channel, he seems to have a lot of 400 kg / 881 lbs competition deads in there.

I've noticed so many Pro Strongman hitch like crazy. Mark does a little, but I believe its due to it being legal in their sport along with wearing straps.

Impressive nonetheless!

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-22-13, 1:37 am
Yea, hitching and straps are legal. But with proper training Big Brian could give Benny a good run for all time highest deadlift!

Altered Beast
08-22-13, 9:03 am
Yea, hitching and straps are legal. But with proper training Big Brian could give Benny a good run for all time highest deadlift!

I agree!

In my opinion, Shaw is built to handle 1100 Pounds, but that is a tall order few will ever try to pursue.

JUGGERNAUT
08-22-13, 9:43 am
good heavens that was amazing

Altered Beast
08-22-13, 10:12 am
good heavens that was amazing

Yes sir! The man is a mutant.

P Diesel
08-22-13, 10:34 am
just watched ... annnnd yea haha

P

Altered Beast
08-22-13, 10:37 am
just watched ... annnnd yea haha

P

You've got some work to do my gigantic friend! =)

GUNZ
08-22-13, 11:57 am
That's just crazy shit!!

P Diesel
08-22-13, 1:21 pm
You've got some work to do my gigantic friend! =)

ur not kiddin brah.

P

Altered Beast
08-22-13, 2:22 pm
That's just crazy shit!!

It's fun seeing someone just randomly training Deadlift pulling almost 1000 pounds. Hard to believe.

I truly believe Shaw was thinking, "I'm going to get as close to 1000 as I can today! Why not?"

brentwillisbgw
08-26-13, 10:56 pm

Agreed. Another 1000+ raw deadlift would be awesome for the sport.

JHOORNSTRA
08-27-13, 9:25 am
I'd have to stand behind him to check, but I think he's taller than me by a little....haha. I used to be sponsored with Brian and he's a good guy, crazy strong. I'm happy for him and his success so far.

Altered Beast
08-27-13, 10:03 am
Agreed. Another 1000+ raw deadlift would be awesome for the sport.

You're just the man to do it!!!!!!

I'd have to stand behind him to check, but I think he's taller than me by a little....haha. I used to be sponsored with Brian and he's a good guy, crazy strong. I'm happy for him and his success so far.

I hope his nerves in his hand heal! Only thing slowing him down!

GUNZ
08-27-13, 11:44 am
Sick ass pull!

Sprint
08-27-13, 11:57 am
Epic!

Puts my 484lbs into perspective!!

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-28-13, 1:40 am
The 1000+ Deadlift Club is very exclusive, having only 2 members! 1 in Gear, 1 Raw, in the entire history of our sport! Wow, very exclusive indeed!

Kowboy
08-28-13, 8:52 am
Shaw is a total bad ass. I will never forget watching him pull 400kg backstage at the Arnold like it was 315. One of the nicest guys as well.