PDA

View Full Version : Training reps in the dead lift: Anna hit 405 for 10

AnnaMcC
08-16-13, 9:51 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakf_srB2-0

DEADn
08-16-13, 11:44 am
Very good lifting! I stand up and give her a round of applause!!! Keeping going HIGHER with Great form!

When you are telling her to breath are your referring to when she is coming up to breath out? A guy I am training with tells me to exhale coming up. I used to hold my breath coming up and exhale going down.

AnnaMcC
08-16-13, 7:35 pm
Very good lifting! I stand up and give her a round of applause!!! Keeping going HIGHER with Great form!

When you are telling her to breath are your referring to when she is coming up to breath out? A guy I am training with tells me to exhale coming up. I used to hold my breath coming up and exhale going down.

Thanks! I think he was referring to me just taking in air after I breathe out. It gets rough after 7 reps

rocky36
08-16-13, 8:32 pm
extremely impressive!

arush
08-16-13, 8:40 pm
Wow you're awesome!!

AnnaMcC
08-17-13, 2:09 pm
extremely impressive!

thanks you!

AnnaMcC
08-17-13, 2:09 pm
Wow you're awesome!!

thanks man

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-22-13, 1:26 am
I commented on this video when you posted it on FB. Absolutely amazing! Maybe you can put on a show in the cage next year (hint, hint)!

AnnaMcC
08-22-13, 1:30 pm
I commented on this video when you posted it on FB. Absolutely amazing! Maybe you can put on a show in the cage next year (hint, hint)!

Thanks Ernie! :) & hint, hint?! Come on man, don't tease me! That's one of my goals right now!

Eric Lilliebridge
08-23-13, 4:25 am
Wow Anna, crazy strong. 405 x 10 raw deadlift! You've gotta be closing in on 500 raw very soon. When are you planning on competing again?

AnnaMcC
08-23-13, 11:51 am
Wow Anna, crazy strong. 405 x 10 raw deadlift! You've gotta be closing in on 500 raw very soon. When are you planning on competing again?

Eric! Thanks man :) I hope to pull 500 really soon. I'll be at NOTLD in october, probably using that as my last heavy deadlift session for prep for WPC worlds at the end of the month. When are you competing again?

Eric Lilliebridge
08-23-13, 12:00 pm
Eric! Thanks man :) I hope to pull 500 really soon. I'll be at NOTLD in october, probably using that as my last heavy deadlift session for prep for WPC worlds at the end of the month. When are you competing again?

I think you got it at your next meet! And I'll be competing again probably in November at the next big UPA meet in Iowa. So in a few weeks I'll start training for that. Right now I have no schedule or plans on training until then. Pretty much just coming to the gym, going by how I feel and just having fun lifting lol.

AnnaMcC
08-23-13, 2:42 pm
I think you got it at your next meet! And I'll be competing again probably in November at the next big UPA meet in Iowa. So in a few weeks I'll start training for that. Right now I have no schedule or plans on training until then. Pretty much just coming to the gym, going by how I feel and just having fun lifting lol.

I hope so! We'll see... And nice! & those are my fav. lifting days :) So now you can take it a little easier and just take it slow till the next meet prep. Good luck with it!

Eric Lilliebridge
08-25-13, 8:52 pm
I hope so! We'll see... And nice! & those are my fav. lifting days :) So now you can take it a little easier and just take it slow till the next meet prep. Good luck with it!

Thanks Anna! Good luck with your up coming meets as well. I'll definitely be keeping up to date with your training and meets.

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
08-28-13, 1:27 am
Good luck at NOTLD (not that you'll need it, LOL), I'm sure you will OWN that 500+ DL!

AnnaMcC
08-28-13, 11:59 am
Good luck at NOTLD (not that you'll need it, LOL), I'm sure you will OWN that 500+ DL!

Thanks Ernie! haha I appreciate it! I'm training like I already pull 500 so we'll see :)