PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lilliebridge- Bench training 540lbs raw

Eric Lilliebridge
09-06-13, 3:51 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvuiQYZLLlE&feature=youtu.be

Kyle Lombardo
09-06-13, 10:12 pm
Killin it!! Big time bench... Looking very strong!

Kyle Lombardo
09-06-13, 10:19 pm
Hey Eric quick question for you on some of your bench training.... I noticed you started doing a lot of floor presses in your training leading up to the CAPO... Is that something you feel worked for you and are you still doing them on a regular basis? Your looking real strong and it looks like your bench is starting to take off.... I'm looking to hit 500 in a full power meet soon( goal at least) and i never have problems off the chest from the pause just at about 2 inches from lockout!! Just wanted your opinion on the floor presses and how or if they worked for you

Eric Lilliebridge
09-07-13, 9:55 pm
Hey Eric quick question for you on some of your bench training.... I noticed you started doing a lot of floor presses in your training leading up to the CAPO... Is that something you feel worked for you and are you still doing them on a regular basis? Your looking real strong and it looks like your bench is starting to take off.... I'm looking to hit 500 in a full power meet soon( goal at least) and i never have problems off the chest from the pause just at about 2 inches from lockout!! Just wanted your opinion on the floor presses and how or if they worked for you

I really liked the floor presses with the chains but doing board work has always helped out my bench the most in the past, so I'm starting to do that again more than the floor presses. I usually work with boards anywhere form 1-3 boards. And I will do those at the very end of my bench training after all my planned sets. And i'll only do 2 sets of board work. Usually the first set being with a 1 or 2 board and the 2nd set with a 2 or 3 board. And I will do 1-3 reps on both sets depending on how I'm feeling. The weight's I use for boards are usually 95-110% of my max, working with weights I've already done full range to my chest with a pause and working with some weights that are beyond my max to my chest with a pause. I'm also starting to use a normal sling shot in my training too, the same sets and reps as I would do on the boards and same percentages. The sling shot I have is a 2 XL and fits really loose on me so I don't get a lot out of it, which is good in my opinion because it lets me feel more of the weight I think.