PDA

View Full Version : Central Mississippi Animals

SquatPressPull
09-06-13, 11:22 am
I'm in Central MS and I'm looking for other Animals that train. I see there is a South MS ABC and North MS ABC (still looking for coordinators) but, 2+ hour drive either way so, I was hoping there was some around the Jackson MS area.

Also, what are the requirements to become a coordinator? I'll be switching to a new gym at the end of October and I think they'd be open to "sponsor" Animal lifters. Of course, I'd talk with them first about it.

Otherwise, any lifters in the surrounding area, please speak up and let's see about meeting up to train sometime.

-SPP

Universal Rep
09-06-13, 4:05 pm
Northern MS... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?25647-North-Mississippi-Animals

Southern MS... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?13488-South-Mississippi-Animals

Looks like Central would make a clean sweep...

SquatPressPull
09-06-13, 4:14 pm
Northern MS... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?25647-North-Mississippi-Animals

Southern MS... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?13488-South-Mississippi-Animals

Looks like Central would make a clean sweep...

Who would I speak with to possible get a Central MS ABC going? I'm definitely interested and I have at least 3 others that'd possibly be willing to attend/join.

GUNZ
09-07-13, 8:39 pm
Who would I speak with to possible get a Central MS ABC going? I'm definitely interested and I have at least 3 others that'd possibly be willing to attend/join.

If you get something together Jackson is 4hr drive for me let me know how this shapes up. More people the better.

SquatPressPull
09-07-13, 8:57 pm
If you get something together Jackson is 4hr drive for me let me know how this shapes up. More people the better.

Very cool. I appreciate it. I'll definitely let you know.

I talked with a guy at the gym last night and he's taking Animal Paks. I asked him to join here and to find me. Hopefully he does, he's doing really well and told me that the Animal Paks were a lot better than others he has tried.

I'll dig around and see who I need to contact about a Central MS ABC and see if I can get the ball rolling and active.

SquatPressPull
09-10-13, 11:01 am
I'm still looking for others to join up. I talked with a guy that was already taking Animal Paks and loves it. I asked that he signs in here and start posting.

I'm about to order the mug and maybe a shirt.

GUNZ
09-10-13, 11:09 am
Very cool. I appreciate it. I'll definitely let you know.

I talked with a guy at the gym last night and he's taking Animal Paks. I asked him to join here and to find me. Hopefully he does, he's doing really well and told me that the Animal Paks were a lot better than others he has tried.

I'll dig around and see who I need to contact about a Central MS ABC and see if I can get the ball rolling and active.

I'm still looking for others to join up. I talked with a guy that was already taking Animal Paks and loves it. I asked that he signs in here and start posting.

I'm about to order the mug and maybe a shirt.

Sounds good keep me posted, get a good crew and I'll do my best to make it.

SquatPressPull
09-10-13, 11:53 am
Sounds good keep me posted, get a good crew and I'll do my best to make it.

Will do.

I'm so out of it right now, I just realized I posted twice about the same guy. I need to get some sleep.

SquatPressPull
09-11-13, 4:46 pm
So, I found out more information about setting up an ABC here.

I have a few people that I know I can get to sign up and post here. I'm definitely going to recruit more and get them to sign up and post as well.

I'm thinking, when I get this going, sometime in November will be the time I want to do the ABC meet.

Thanks all for the info.

SquatPressPull
09-11-13, 5:30 pm
Just updated my site and it spammed Twitter. :)

http://www.squatpresspull.com/powerlifting/animal-coming-to-mississippi/

GUNS
09-11-13, 6:21 pm
I also have a big crew here and will get there at all costs!

What gym you thinking! I know the YMCA in Ridgeland is pretty awesome! Also there are a ton of places to eat. Both my kids lived there and went to Belhaven Univ. for a couple years. Im down and will get the family and a few others for sure. Pick a date, get with the gym owner and make sure its ok!

SquatPressPull
09-13-13, 10:12 pm
I also have a big crew here and will get there at all costs!

What gym you thinking! I know the YMCA in Ridgeland is pretty awesome! Also there are a ton of places to eat. Both my kids lived there and went to Belhaven Univ. for a couple years. Im down and will get the family and a few others for sure. Pick a date, get with the gym owner and make sure its ok!

Hell yeah!

Well, Knockout Fitness on Lakeland but, they aren't really setup for it. I heard the Y off I-55 had powerlifters there, I'm going to check it out tomorrow. There is a gym that's suited for it but, I'm not sure if they'd want to accommodate the gathering. I might stop by there tomorrow too.

It'd be awesome for you and others to come up.

I'm going to get some materials together and start spreading the word. I'm friends/know a few business owners that I'm sure they'd allow me to put flyers out. I was thinking about printing out a few hundred of these: http://forum.animalpak.com/media/ABCFlyer.pdf and pass them out with my contact info. I assume that's ok?

SquatPressPull
09-18-13, 10:16 am
I checked out a few gyms but, only one had the "right" setup but, wouldn't have enough space/equipment to host anymore than 10 people. The rest were just the standard "globe gym" type setup. These were more local to my office so, I'll check out others around town this week(end).

I talked with a few more people last night about an ABC meeting and also gave out 3 paks of animal oaks out of my stash. One said he signed up yesterday (gotcoffee I think) and waiting for the confirmation email or something. The other guy said he'd sign up today. The guy that was already taking animal pak was there and bragged on Animal too. I think he is already on here or he just reads the articles. I'll find out.

I have a buddy that can print the flyers so, I'm going to get him to print out 50 and then go with more if I need to.

GUNS
10-04-13, 4:07 pm
Keep your eyes out in here, I have something in the works and will post up in the next day or so!

SquatPressPull
10-04-13, 4:17 pm
Keep your eyes out in here, I have something in the works and will post up in the next day or so!

My eyes are always out in here. PM if you need!

SquatPressPull
01-02-14, 11:03 am
There is a chance of an ABC coming up in the Central MS area. It will be in Collinsville MS. A local company is trying to get a "garage gym" meet going on and I approached him with possibly making this into an ABC. He sounds interested and stated that he's signed up to the FORVM. I'll post this to him and have him post up too.

SquatPressPull
01-02-14, 11:49 am
This has been canceled.

Thank you.

SuperP
01-04-14, 10:38 am
Joining in the fun!