PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Rice, Beans, and Chicken

rbowman91
09-10-13, 10:38 am
Fellas,

How would you flavor a meal of brown rice, black beans, and chicken? I find it to be an awesome 'super-food' kind of meal for me, but tastes so damn bland its hard to eat a few times a day.

How would you flavor? unfortunately, franks redhot or sriracha is NOT doing the trick.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
09-10-13, 10:39 am
taco seasoning!

Bruiser
09-10-13, 11:36 am
taco seasoning!

I was gonna say fajita seasoning! Lol

G Diesel
09-10-13, 11:59 am
Goya Sazon and Adobo for seasoning. In the Spanish food section of any supermarket. Will change your life.

And maybe use chicken broth and onion in the rice.

Peace, G

Big Wides
09-10-13, 12:23 pm
You can use just about anything....salt, pepper, garlic, onion, olive oil, butter, red pepper flakes....get creative with your spice rack. You could also throw in come jerk sauce or seasoning in the mix

rbowman91
09-10-13, 7:07 pm
Goya Sazon and Adobo for seasoning. In the Spanish food section of any supermarket. Will change your life.

Peace, G

you guys just mix the seasoning in AFTER its cooked? or sprinkle on like salt and pepper? im gonna buy it

weightsb4dates
07-23-14, 6:35 pm
add two table spoons of the juice from pickled jalepenos, as well as 5-6 slices of the jalepeno itself to the rice! mix rice with beans/ chicken profit.

Tiger
07-24-14, 5:36 am
I'm currently eating the same twice a day on training days.

I'm using a rice cooker, adding the black beans to the rice after it's cooked. I've got a chipotle paste that I marinade the diced chicken in and then throw on the griddle pan. I'm having to eat it cold at work as well, and it's surprisingly good!

skibasgym
01-30-15, 9:09 pm
Hot sauce and sour cream keep my chicken and rice full of flavor

Christman
01-31-15, 7:36 am
Salsa and guacamole has been doing the trick for me lately.

Lottawheels
01-31-15, 11:04 am
Definitely salt pepper cumin maybe a little paprika
Maybe some adobo.
I always throw salsa on top of mine too and mix it in

BigBlueBear
02-09-15, 2:45 am
I've been nailing my chicken with Nanami Togarashi (japanese pepper blend) of late. I haven't even looked at cayane pepper since.

G Diesel
02-09-15, 3:17 pm
Ma Dukes used to mix chicken broth in the pot with Minute Rice.

This is the jacked up version of that. Bouillon mixed in jasmine rice, in the rice cooker.

Shout to the man Chris Tuttle for the brilliant idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHlnXJIJ43U

Peace, G

Firefist
02-09-15, 6:22 pm
taco seasoning!

Peace, G

Droppin taste bud bombs up in here.

Missin JC Penny Browning around here....

MELTDOWN
02-10-15, 10:37 am
Fellas,

How would you flavor a meal of brown rice, black beans, and chicken? I find it to be an awesome 'super-food' kind of meal for me, but tastes so damn bland its hard to eat a few times a day.

How would you flavor? unfortunately, franks redhot or sriracha is NOT doing the trick.

One of my favorite meals as well. I just add a couple tablespoons of Salsa as well a big ole' squirt of Mustard on the side. Sounds odd, but give it a try.

sgerwel1985
02-10-15, 10:48 am
Fellas,

I used the frank/siracha trick for awhile, and it does eventually get a little tasteless after awhile.

What i do now for my chicken meals is use a flavorgod seasoning for the most part, and a little soy sauce. Other times, i like to go with Salsa (whatever heat you want).

offeringplate
02-10-15, 11:02 pm
uncle chris steak seasoning and worcestershire sauce................. by the way the steak seasoning is a fiesta brand and is awesome on cottage cheese and eggs as well

ganderson
02-11-15, 2:31 pm
Other than a lot of Frank's…I definitely go to salsa, soy sauce and also taco/fajita seasoning for the chicken too. It can be a lot of sodium, so I try not to go over board with it.

lowroller
08-25-15, 12:25 am
Mom made a sauce blended in this fashion - off top that she'd pour on the rice as it is cooking:

2 tomatoes
garlic
some salt
some water
optionally she used chicken stock

Then she'd empty a veggie mix out the freezer one that has green peas, corn, carrots for more flavor..sometimes just the green peas by themselves. Definetly the most delicious rice I ever had.

For the beans we just open a can of Bush's pinto or something and heat in a pan. For the chicken we season it with mccormick seasoning, black pepper etc.

skibasgym
11-27-15, 8:11 pm
Mom made a sauce blended in this fashion - off top that she'd pour on the rice as it is cooking:

2 tomatoes
garlic
some salt
some water
optionally she used chicken stock

Then she'd empty a veggie mix out the freezer one that has green peas, corn, carrots for more flavor..sometimes just the green peas by themselves. Definetly the most delicious rice I ever had.

For the beans we just open a can of Bush's pinto or something and heat in a pan. For the chicken we season it with mccormick seasoning, black pepper etc.

This recipe was excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Fornswere
04-19-17, 5:45 pm
A simple chicken casserole with paprika, cumin and coriander served in a tomato sauce with basmati rice and kidney beans .

MRmichael.hooker
04-19-17, 6:04 pm
I'm confused.. are you asking for help or critique or trying to give people advice on a meal you've made? What's up