PDA

View Full Version : Generation Iron

iamthemacattack
09-23-13, 5:35 am
Has anyone seen it yet?

I'm in the UK so not a hope in hells chance of it being on at any major cinemas over here.

Looks like I am waiting for the DVD release.

Do you think it's going to be good publicity for the sport? Pumping Iron certainly did a lot to popularise bodybuilding and going to the gym in general, will Generation Iron do the same for this generation?!

Either way, any publicity is good publicity!

deanna7272
09-23-13, 8:53 am
I saw it Saturday... I loved it... I also believe that it was done well, but I'm not sure that the general public will have an interest in seeing it unless they know something about it... Bodybuilding has always been a niche sport and those that do not understand the lifestyle will more than likely always be critical of it.

The movie delves into the competitor's backgrounds, what drives them, and what bodybuilding means to their lives. It really opens your eyes to the desire of the best of the best to be the best. Each of them have a story that isn't recognized in a column or article in the magazines... I know some people were talking about there not being a lot of training footage, but it's not a training video, it's a movie about their lives.

I would definitely and plan on seeing it again... Hopefully there is a public interest, but in my honest opinion, I think that it will only be a favorite by "our" standards...

iamthemacattack
09-23-13, 10:17 am
I saw it Saturday... I loved it... I also believe that it was done well, but I'm not sure that the general public will have an interest in seeing it unless they know something about it... Bodybuilding has always been a niche sport and those that do not understand the lifestyle will more than likely always be critical of it.

The movie delves into the competitor's backgrounds, what drives them, and what bodybuilding means to their lives. It really opens your eyes to the desire of the best of the best to be the best. Each of them have a story that isn't recognized in a column or article in the magazines... I know some people were talking about there not being a lot of training footage, but it's not a training video, it's a movie about their lives.

I would definitely and plan on seeing it again... Hopefully there is a public interest, but in my honest opinion, I think that it will only be a favorite by "our" standards...

Awesome, I am trying to find somewhere over here that will show it...

Exactly, I think it's more important to focus on their lives... anyone can go on youtube and see them all training, but to show what they go through every day is what seperates us from them I guess.

I think it will only be 'us' who love the film, but perhaps others pay accept and even appreciate the effort.

BCent
09-23-13, 1:29 pm
I think one of the really interesting things is that its actually a very good movie. I brought my girlfriend who doesn't really get the whole lifestyle (but supports me nonetheless), and she really enjoyed the movie. We walked out and she was like... "hey we should go to the olympia one year!" and "wow Kai seems like such an interesting guy!

That being said, i know that without me wanting to go she definitely wouldn't have seen it. I think that if enough people check it out, it has a chance, but unfortunately, iven the nature of Bodybuilding now a days, i dont think that enough people are going to get their butt in a seat to see it. When we were in theaters, there were 4 other people in the theater with me...

Brometheus
10-02-13, 1:42 pm
I got my wife to go see it with me and she enjoyed it. She's a fan of Kai now.