PDA

View Full Version : Anomaly's Powerlifting Training

Anomaly
10-03-13, 9:04 pm
I'll be posting my training here. Currently training for an up and coming meet on November 16-17. It'll be my first meet, so I've got a few things to learn and prepare for before this thing gets going.

Anomaly
10-07-13, 9:37 pm
Hit legs today. 80% 5x3 for squats (400lbs). Pushed my limits with some weighted lunges 3x6 or until I hit failure. Finished off legs with some leg curls (3x12 @ 180lbs) and SLDL's (4x15 @ 110lbs). Got some ab work in with some weighted situps (3x20) and hanging leg raises (2x17). Got in 20minutes of cardio and got my meal in after. Currently weighing in at 237lbs.

Anomaly
10-08-13, 8:42 pm
Chest and Tri's today.
Warmed up on bench to a work out with 300lbs @ 4x6.
Flys 40lb @ 1x10 and 60lb 3x12
Speed Incline Bench: 135lbs 2x10 (each set under 7 seconds), 185lbs 1x8 (under 5.5 seconds), 225lbs 1x6 (under 4.5 seconds) had to approximate these times, I don't have a partner that I consistantly workout with at the moment.
Triceps Pressdown 3x12 with 80lb

Super set with skull crushers (4x8) and single arm dumbell tricpes extensions (4x15)

Finished the day off with 20mins of cardio. Got a great pump and completely fatigued the chest. Starting to notice a bit more speed at the top half of my press on bench, so looking forward to putting up good numbers for the competition in the coming weeks.

Anomaly
04-01-14, 9:52 am
Been awhile since I've been on here. Had to take a hard look at my training to see where things were sticking and what I had to do to fix it. Along with long work days at the office. But I'm back into it full steam. Have 2 competitions under my belt with my best total at 1460lbs raw @238.2lbs (242lbs class).

Currently I am running the Smolov program to get my squat up (hopefully 600 by November) along with the Dizenzo Bench Cycle to lock out a solid 400lb bench for competition (that pause kills). I know the Smolov isn't suppose to be ran in conjunction with anything else, but I'm feeling this might work out the way I have things set up. Currently on the second week of the Intro phase and I'll say this....this damn program will wreck you if you do not keep up with sleep, nutrition, mobility/stretching.

I'll keep things posted when they come up.