PDA

View Full Version : Squats-610lbs x 3 no belt and 695lbs x 2 reverse bands w/belt & wraps @ 203

ibnmahama
10-12-13, 12:19 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI6IMfxcquE

Jay Nera
10-16-13, 11:02 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI6IMfxcquE

WHOA!! You guys are all very lucky that no one got hurt. That was nuts at the end....very nice squatting...scary racking.

SquatPressPull
10-16-13, 11:17 am
WHOA!! You guys are all very lucky that no one got hurt. That was nuts at the end....very nice squatting...scary racking.

I concur.. great squatting.

ibnmahama
10-17-13, 1:06 am

Thanks Jay!

ibnmahama
10-17-13, 1:06 am
I concur.. great squatting.
Thanks man

ghost
10-17-13, 7:32 am
Shoot that fucking side spotter....shit, shoot both of them for not checking that it was clipped

ibnmahama
10-18-13, 11:35 pm
Shoot that fucking side spotter....shit, shoot both of them for not checking that it was clipped

It was clipped. Lmao I need to shoot the spotter on the left of me in the vid cos he lifted his side up while I was trying to rack the weight

World Eater
10-19-13, 10:01 am
It was clipped. Lmao I need to shoot the spotter on the left of me in the vid cos he lifted his side up while I was trying to rack the weight
Yeah, that was NOT a smart move. Strong squatting there though...

ibnmahama
10-19-13, 3:18 pm
Yeah, that was NOT a smart move. Strong squatting there though...

Thanks man

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
10-23-13, 12:49 am
Very strong sir, no doubt! What was the purpose of wearing knee wraps, but no belt? Core development? Also, it's the BACK spotters job to give you verbal conformation that your "IN"! That could have gotten ugly real quick, your a very lucky man! Educate your spotters as to what you expect from each of them, before you attempt the lift!

ibnmahama
10-24-13, 1:20 pm
Very strong sir, no doubt! What was the purpose of wearing knee wraps, but no belt? Core development? Also, it's the BACK spotters job to give you verbal conformation that your "IN"! That could have gotten ugly real quick, your a very lucky man! Educate your spotters as to what you expect from each of them, before you attempt the lift!,

I told the side spotters not to touch the weight unless it is an emergency. I will really have stress what is expected of them next time(educate).
Thanks Ernie. I completely forgot to put on my belt. I didn't feel beltless during the squatting process. It wasn't till after that I saw
my belt laying on the bench were I had wrapped my knees. I had enough clearance to rack the weight. The spotter on the left for some reason(not knowing I had made these calculations already) thought I didn't so he lifted his end. The clips we have at the gym aren't that good hence the reason for the plate slide on the other end. I have asked for them to order some new ones

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
10-27-13, 2:33 am
Beltless just makes it that more impressive! Once you really learn how to use the belt, you'll find it can give more "pop'' out the hole then knee wraps! Get the timing of both mastered and you'll be hitting some HUGE numbers! Good luck buddy!!

ibnmahama
10-28-13, 11:08 pm
Beltless just makes it that more impressive! Once you really learn how to use the belt, you'll find it can give more "pop'' out the hole then knee wraps! Get the timing of both mastered and you'll be hitting some HUGE numbers! Good luck buddy!!

Thanks Ernie

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
11-02-13, 12:07 am
Congrats for picking up the sponsorship buddy, and welcome to the family!!!

ibnmahama
11-02-13, 2:56 pm
Congrats for picking up the sponsorship buddy, and welcome to the family!!!

Thanks a lot Ernie. I really appreciate your support and advice

brentwillisbgw
11-04-13, 11:34 pm
Wow.. Awesome squatting! That's some serious core strength too. Good work.

ibnmahama
11-04-13, 11:38 pm
Wow.. Awesome squatting! That's some serious core strength too. Good work.

Thanks Brent. Need some core strength like yours so I can pull big weight.

brentwillisbgw
11-04-13, 11:43 pm
Thanks Brent. Need some core strength like yours so I can pull big weight.

Doing reps with 610 beltless would be a challenge for me. Do you ever pull beltless?

ibnmahama
11-05-13, 1:29 pm
Doing reps with 610 beltless would be a challenge for me. Do you ever pull beltless?

I haven't in a long time, the last time I did was earlier in the year, but I do pull beltless on my accessory work on stiff legged deads though. Would you recommend a day where I pull beltless for the whole workout?

brentwillisbgw
11-05-13, 6:36 pm
I haven't in a long time, the last time I did was earlier in the year, but I do pull beltless on my accessory work on stiff legged deads though. Would you recommend a day where I pull beltless for the whole workout?

I just recently started pulling beltless again after years of not, so I won't recommend anything as I haven't put in enough work to see the effects, But, I've noticed that I pay a lot more attention to my form when pulling beltless because I don't have the belt to rely on for support. So at the very least I think it's helping my technique and form.

I actually do most of my accessory work with a belt. My reasoning is that if I'm doing SLDL's for posterior work, or any another variation, then I want to focus on the muscles I'm targeting on that lift rather than focus on keeping my back in a proper position. I don't ever ignore my back, but I find that a belt helps me focus less on core tightness and more on whatever weakness I'm targeting.

ibnmahama
11-05-13, 10:33 pm
I just recently started pulling beltless again after years of not, so I won't recommend anything as I haven't put in enough work to see the effects, But, I've noticed that I pay a lot more attention to my form when pulling beltless because I don't have the belt to rely on for support. So at the very least I think it's helping my technique and form.

I actually do most of my accessory work with a belt. My reasoning is that if I'm doing SLDL's for posterior work, or any another variation, then I want to focus on the muscles I'm targeting on that lift rather than focus on keeping my back in a proper position. I don't ever ignore my back, but I find that a belt helps me focus less on core tightness and more on whatever weakness I'm targeting.

Okay thanks for the tips Brent

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
11-06-13, 12:16 pm

Very well stated Brent! The belt can become a tremendous lifting aid when used properly. That plus the added safety features. I preach it's importance all the time, it works!!