PDA

View Full Version : Living in darkness.

Pages : [1] 2 3

knotahumanbeing
10-15-13, 8:33 am
Just like everyone here, we all have our own journey that this thing called life has taken us on. My journey, no different from any of yours has been down the path to hell, spent sometime there and slowly trudging back from the gates as the demons are consistently pulling on my coat tail.

Brief background on how I ended up on this journey to powerlifting. I'll try not to be redundant from the introduce yourself post. I'm Rob, from Cincinnati, OH. Single father of two wonderful little boys. I played collegiate basketball here in Ohio, so I've always been in or around the gym. I really got in to lifting, when in '07 I almost dropped out of college to enlist in the Army, but instead found a better calling by joining the Marines. From there started soaking up as much knowledge about fitness, training, running, etc..You name it, my head was in it trying to absorb all I could. After graduating in 2010, is when my journey dove right down into the deepest pits of hell, my daughter was murdered in July, and from there began a whirlwind of shit in my life. I blew up to 290 lbs, drank to hide my pain, and just was a mess. My fiance ended up leaving me after being diagnosed and neither one of us knowing how to deal with it, we fell apart. Jan 2012, I decided I had enough, I needed to pick my shit up, because I had 2 little boys looking up to me, depending on me, and needing me. I walked back into church, re-establishing my relationship with God. Walked back into the gym and in 5 months was back on track so to speak.

This past year, I was training more for a "bodybuilding" physique, just to be in shape, and ready for the Corps when I can finish out my Officer training and report for Reserve duty, and all my training methods had been centered around there. Until, I found this little place, the FORVM. I immediately felt drawn here, the culture, balls-to-the-wall training, everything, I knew what I was to become, a pure unfiltered, uncaged powerlifter. Something directed me here, something said, this is you. After doing what I do best, researching, reading, and gaining knowledge for the past 4 months. I signed up for my first powerlifting meet 15DEC13. The thing I absolutely love about this sport, is that every fucking day, every fucking meet, it's a personal contest, it's always Me vs Me. When I step in the gym, I am the only one who matters, when I first step on to that platform in Dec, the only person there, is me. I eat, shit, and train for this.

My current training is a 6 day split as follows:

Sun- Off
Mon - Chest/Biceps
Tues - Back/Triceps
Wed - Legs/Shoulders
Thur - Chest/Biceps
Frid - Back/Triceps
Sat - Legs/Shoulders

For me and my body type, height, and size, this is the training split I've found to most successful. I played with a 1-off,2-on, 1-off, 3-on split, also played with the typical 5-day body part split, as well. However, hitting everything twice a week, personally I gain the most from this. I've read Brandon Lily's Cube Method, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 method, in addition to The Westside Method. So with all of that, I've combined a rep scheme and training regiment that meets my needs and so far so good.

Welcome to my journey.

knotahumanbeing
10-16-13, 7:19 am
Last night was back day. I've been battling an IT band issue right at my hip for the last couple of weeks. So I started off with some light jogging to loosen up, stretching and resistance band work (wall sits, lateral steps). First up, are of course deadlifts, which I'm working from a 2" deficit. Warmed up with 2 light sets, then proceeded in to my working sets.
135 x 15
225 x 10
495 x 3
495 x 3
505 x 3
505 x 3

505 felt great, so I decided to bang out one more set. I'll continue working from a deficit until about 3 weeks out from my meet, including the deload week leading up to my actual meet.

After deadlifts, I moved on the bent-over barbell row: 3 x 3 x 275. Definitely getting stronger here, as just a couple of weeks ago I was barely able to get 225 banged out. To work on my posterior chain I did some stiff legged barbell good mornings: 3 x 3 x 135.
Lastly for back day, finished off with heavy lat pulldowns 3 x 3 x 290. After cranking out the main focus of the day, I finished the day off with tricep accessory exercises 3 x 10 - Dip, Close Grip Bench Press, Pressdown, and some ab work...

I'm still learning, so any advice or tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

knotahumanbeing
10-17-13, 9:49 am
The infamous "leg day". With my split, yesterday was focused on all quad work, and later this week, I'll follow up with hamstring work. Started off with stretching per usual, resistance band work, and rolling my thigh and IT band on a baseball.

To loosen up my hips and get a deep bodyweight squat, I did box jumps on to a 48" box, 3 x 10. I'll 5 from within 6 in and the other 5 from as far away as 36" to really explode off the ground. I make it a focus to land as soft as possible on to the box.

Moved on to squats, on my S D and B, I always do 2-3 warm up sets, with a mixture of pause reps or speed reps, progressing upwards in weight, to get my body ready.
135 x 15
225 x 10
355 x 3
365 x 3
365 x 3
365 x 3

I felt really good coming out of the hole, so I did an additional set. I know its low in weight, but 3 months ago doing 500 lb squats, I was nowhere near breaking parallel. With me being tall, I stripped down the weight and have began focusing on form and technique, to ensure I'm breaking parallel. I got vid of my squat, and realized that I am getting low, but I need to drop my ass just a tad bit lower. I tell you what, seeing it on vid makes a difference. Overall, I felt great and can definitely tell I'm getting stronger by being smarter and patient with my results.

If that wasn't enough, I moved onto leg press where I have been progressively adding more weight over the last month. There is no doubt in my mind that my leg press progress is greatly improving my strength in the hole on squats. I can handle a lot more weight in the hole and can really feel my quads/hips getting stronger.

1100 x 3 x 4

Finishing off leg day, I'm really feeling the burn now. Leg extensions 90 x 3 x 20..each week I'm adding 10 lbs and keeping the reps high to really hammer my quads.

The rest of the day was shoulder accessory work and abs.

Seated Mil Barbell Press - 90 x 3 x 10
Lateral Raise - 25 x 3 x 10
DB Shrug - 115 x 3 x 10

Double crunch - 3 x 15
Weight Russian Twist - 25 med ball x 3 x 30
Weighted Reverse Crunch - 20 x 3 x 10

One day at a time..One rep..stay hungry

knotahumanbeing
10-18-13, 2:02 pm
Back at it, chest day has arrived, again..Time to do work on my bench. I'm getting stronger and I'm making progress now that I have form, but for some reason I can't accept the fact that it's not fast enough. Patience is a virtue. Before I started on my journey, I was doing half assed, piece of shit presses. The weight wasn't necessary for me, but prob those looking at me. Instead of truly focusing on technique, I was the jackass putting up 405 and not touching my fucking chest. Once I took ego out, inexperience, and getting my shit together, I'm now getting strong. I started a 275 a couple weeks ago and been progressively adding weight. I have been pausing at the bottom, removing pointless exercises.

Bench Press
135 x 15
225 x 10
285 x 5
295 x 3
305 x 3
305 x 3

I've got this long ass wingspan, so my focus is technique, technique, technique. Strength is getting there yet it's slow. I am hungry to be successful, I'm motivated to beat myself everyday.
Assistance chest work to help with my shoulder girdle and upper chest:

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
85 x 3
85 x 3
85 x 3

Back to bench, again I'm needing work on my explosiveness upwards and lockout. If anyone has any advice on developing the explosive factor, I'm all ears.

Bench Press with chains. 3 sec pause at the bottom, 3 sec pause at the top. When I say toast, I mean my chest was charcoal toast.

185 on the bar + 25 lbs of chains on each side x 3 x 8

Chest day concluded with Decline Hammer Strength press

160 each side x 3 x 5

Accessory work for today, Biceps.

Barbell Curl - 155 x 3 x3
Concentration curl - 60 x 5

Stay hungry.

RedlegDbell
10-18-13, 8:29 pm
Congratulations on launching your journey here Rob! You're off to a really strong start. I gave you my # didn't I? I should have shot you a PM as soon as you asked about carpooling up to Pacifico. Sending you one now!

knotahumanbeing
10-21-13, 7:57 am
Congratulations on launching your journey here Rob! You're off to a really strong start. I gave you my # didn't I? I should have shot you a PM as soon as you asked about carpooling up to Pacifico. Sending you one now!

Thanks man I really appreciate it! I'm excited for my first comp!

knotahumanbeing
10-21-13, 9:23 am
Well what an awesome weekend we had. Friday, I unfortunately was unable to train. I just purely ran out of time, between having to run my oldest to have his weekend visit with his mom, and getting off job #1 to rush back get shit squared away and then off to job #2, it was not possible.

Saturday, so pumped and motivated, attending my first ABC at Pacifico Powersystems. Big shoutout to Jimmie & Larry Pacifico for allowing us to come up and lift some heavy ass weights. Thanks to Luke, RedLegDbell (Steve), and Jimmie for letting me ride up and introducing me to all the guys. First off, I'm still on cloud 9 to be standing next to some of the premier elite powerlifters in the nation. I greatly appreciate the guys showing up for the event, and being extremely helpful and encouraging. Just a blessing to be able to watch them lift was an unreal experience. It was not only motivating, but it was also a serious mental pump. I'm in the right place, doing the right thing. Brandon Lilly, Eric Ernie Jr Ernie Sr Lilliebridge, Mark, Wes, all the guys, thank you. thank you.

Throughout the whole afternoon, I was just pumped and ready to lift. Ready to go. After Mark, Brandon, and Wes finished pulling. We were able to. Lost my platform virginity, as it was my first time pulling from a deadlift platform. Started warming up, 135, just getting in a groove, and now that all the adrenaline and Rage is coursing through my veins. It's now or never. Up until this point, the most I've pulled in the gym for 3 reps has been 505. I "pulled" 645, however it was 495 on the bar, and 75 lbs of chains on each side, not a true pull. So after we're warming up, swapping out weight, time to start pulling. 515, felt extremely easy, I've got to give it to Tom Saul, going back and forth with him was awesome. After the other guys (and the one girl BlondieX - awesome job girl!) cranked out their rep, back at it, was Tom and I. This time 605, this would be a lifetime PR, I get positioned, eyes ahead on the wall, FOCUS, bent down, boom 1 rep, boom 2 rep, boom 3 reps, 3 fucking reps 605, and I just knocked it out the park. I'm shocked and excited, inside I'm screaming to the top of my lungs, didn't think I could manage that weight, but it was fucking incredible. After that, I walked over to Brandon, and this is where I can say, I truly love this sport, I asked him how my form looked and he was more than willing to give me pointers on my form. Not all athletes are like that, on any level, any sport. Now granted there are prob a few here and there in this sport, but this guy took time out of his day, where he could have been anywhere else, doing anything else, either for himself, or been with family, but he was there giving advice, motivating young guys like myself, and I can't thank him enough. After speaking with him for 30 secs, 5 min later, I walked on the platform, bent down, and pulled a lifetime PR..652..just utter disbelief, did I really just pull that? You fucking right I did, I killed that shit, and that momentum from that lift, is going forward with me. Not only did I just pull a PR, I was able to do it with some of the best guys in the game.

The atmosphere, the chalk, iron, screaming, loud music was absolutely motivating. That momentum from this weekend, is carrying forward. It's time to do work. I received my personal call to arms, and it's time to move forward in this battle. Back at the office tonight, ready to kill it. 15 Dec, I'm coming for you, the old me, yesterday's me, last weeks me, be prepared.

Stay Hungry. Again, can't thank Pacifico Powersystems, Brandon Lilly, the Lilliebridges, Mark, Wes, and all the other guys enough from taking time out to train. I'm extremely grateful.

Rob

knotahumanbeing
10-22-13, 3:21 pm
With the momentum carrying over from such an awesome weekend. I started my week off with Chest. I've really got to work on exploding up and my lockout. After a little warming up, Rage has me FOCUSED.

Barbell Floor Press w/ chains
135 x 15 + 25lbs of chains on each side
225 x 10 + 25lbs of chains on each side
275 x 5 + 25lbs of chains on each side
295 x 3 + 25lbs of chains on each side
305 x 3 + 25lbs of chains on each side
315 x 2 + 25lbs of chains on each side

I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger, as these felt extremely easy to crank out. In my head, I keep thinking about one of the pieces of advice the guys gave me...it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Incline Barbell Press
275 x 5
295 x 3
305 x 2

Dumbbell Bench Press
100 x 8
110 x 5
120 x 5
130 x3

Hammer Strength Incline Press
135 (each side) x 5
160 (each Side) x 3
180 (each side) x 2

Chest felt amazing, really got the blood pumping, hopefully when hit chest again later this week, I'll see some real gains, where it matters most.

Accessory work for today biceps. Hammer Curl 50 x 3 x 10. Preacher Curl 95 x 3 x 10. Ab/Core work - Planks 3 x 45 sec . Hanging Knee Raises 3 x 15. Russian Med Ball Twist 25lb 3 x 30

The animal within is starting to growl and is even hungrier as the strength is coming, and the work is paying off. Stay hungry my friends...

knotahumanbeing
10-23-13, 9:28 am
Before I go into my training from last night. I had another sleepless night, which is typically the norm for me. So, I laid in bed thinking about this sport and what is success, I thought about my boys, and I thought about what is to come for me in terms of measuring my success. I decided to watch "The Cage" DVD again, and I just felt an overwhelming sensation of happiness and pride of this sport. I love this sport of powerlifting, I mean I've always loved to "workout" and see how my body can achieve results, however, now that I'm training to compete, my mindset and views are dialed in. There's a brotherhood that comes with this sport, some sports have it, but here it's different. There is a level of camaraderie that no matter where you go, this brotherhood welcomes you and wants you to succeed as long as you do work, as long as you want it.

I constantly get asked, Why? Why Rob? Why do you put your body through that? Why lift so much weight? Why train so much? Well, Why the fuck not? I mean, why wouldn't I do something for me. I'm becoming a better man every time I step foot in the gym, not just physically, but also mentally. I continually push myself to limits, to prove to myself. Set and break PR's, builds a new confidence, like damn I just accomplished that. There's few things on this earth that I was called to do. I was meant to be a father, I was meant to protect my country and others, and I was meant to lift heavy ass weights. I can only be limited to success, by the limits I place on myself. I must be successful, but that definition of success varies to each. My definition, my views of success are different than yours, and yours different from mine. My views on what success is has changed over the past couple of years, as I've matured, as I've grown as a father. When you walk through hell, and shit crumbles on you, you begin to realize and really see what is true and important in life. Now that on this journey to growth, not just in the gym, but as a father and a child of God, I no longer define success by the type of car you drive, the size house you live in, your financial status. My success is being a great father, leading my boys by example, crushing fucking weights. Not giving up, fighting on, when you walk, live and breath in a world of darkness. Success is pulling a 652 deadlift in front of guys you look up to. Did I win anything? No. Did I get paid for it? No. Was I successful? You fucking right I was. A lady at work asked me, so when you compete in Dec, what do you win? Are you gonna get paid? What's the point? No, I won't win anything, I won't get paid, per se...my payment, is when I'm on that platform and all my training pays off. The bloody shins, the sore muscles, the hours spent learning, and reading. When I crush those weights...that's my payment, that is my reward. When those judges give me white lights for successful attempts, that's my win.

My boys will see a father who is successful, not because of the car he drives, or the house that he lives in, but by the perseverance of a man who has been pushed to deepest and darkest parts of hell and has brought himself up through it. To stand up every fucking time life knocks him down. when family/friends doubt you, when they ridicule you for the hours spent in the gym and nonstop balls to the wall training. My boys will see a man, who worked multiple jobs to support them, trained non stop and did not quit when there was nothing but them and the gym. I'm on a journey...my boys in tow...I'm not giving up, I will never quit...this is my life, my ambition, my success story. I'm only in the first few chapters of my journey. I've yet to really kick this shit off. I tell you what, I'm gonna be better than I was yesterday, better than last week, better than last year. Shit, I don't give a fuck who cares or not, bc I'm doing it for me, for Robbie and for Jameson. That's why it's my journey. I'm here alone but in reality I'm not...there's one "person" who's never left my side, who I need to fall back on more. For support, for guidance, for care, and for love. He's above all this and He can get me to the other side of this living in darkness. God. I again stumbled, I wandered off the beaten path, bc I'm a broken man, but you know I'm a changed man. GOD. He waits there with open arms, while I'm out here trying to do this alone, when I don't have to.

All I've ever wanted to do is be successful and all I've wanted to so was make others happy, however my skewed definition was compared to others. I was wrong, bc that level of "success" was to appear "successful" to others..not to those who mattered the most. My level success is dependent upon what makes my boys and I happy. Fuck what everyone else thinks about it. It doesn't matter. I'm not becoming a competitive powerlifter for you, it's for me. It's what I can measure and hold myself accountable for. If I don't train, if I don't eat, if I don't put in work, then it falls on me, no one else. I'm responsible for what I do and don't do. I am responsible for my success. I can't get mad at anyone else for the work I don't do. FOCUS

knotahumanbeing
10-23-13, 9:40 am
Now that I go that revelation off my chest, on to my training from last night. Yesterday was back day, and typically it's deadlift day, but since I pulled heavy on Saturday, I decided to switch Friday's back day with yesterdays.

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups
5 with 50 lb chain
5 with 50 lb chain

Kroc Rows
90 x 3 x 20

T- Bar Rows
225 x 5
270 x 3
315 x 2

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
210 x 5
230 x 3
250 x 2

Reverse Hypers
20 x 12
30 x 12 x 2

Accessory work for the day, Triceps.

Dips/Weighted Dip
8 w/ 25 lb chain
10 w/ 25 lb chain

Lying EZ-Bar skullcrusher
85 x 10 x 3

Abs/Core - Crunches 3 x 40, Standing Ab Wheel 3 x 12, Dumbbell Side Bend 50 x 3 x 10 each side.

Stay Hungry.

RedlegDbell
10-23-13, 12:49 pm
What an awesome write up!! That's legit Rob. It would fit right in with some of the great stuff G Diesel has laid out here. Much respect and I hope you can make it to the party Saturday. That basement gym will be buzzing like it never has before and that's saying something!

knotahumanbeing
10-23-13, 10:21 pm
What an awesome write up!! That's legit Rob. It would fit right in with some of the great stuff G Diesel has laid out here. Much respect and I hope you can make it to the party Saturday. That basement gym will be buzzing like it never has before and that's saying something!

Thanks man, it just came from within..I'll try to see what I can do to get grandma to babysit.

knotahumanbeing
10-23-13, 10:37 pm
Leg day...my second favorite day next to back.. all day in my mind I had two goals for today...increase my leg press and increase my squat with proper form and techniques.
Warmed up with stretching, resistance band work, and box jumps 3 x 10...

Barbell squat
Bar x 15
135 x 15
225 x 10
365 x 5
385 x 3
405 x 2
425 x 2
I had one of the guys from the gym who competes as well, call my depth. He said that on all my lifts looked pretty good, for the most part I was below parallel. Which personally I feel is better instead of being too high, as I have a ways to travel anyways. It was another good boost in confidence that my training, my small adjustments have been working. I just need to fine tune the rest of the machine and grow from there.

Leg press
1100 x 5
1150 x 3
1200 x 2

Leg extensions
100 x 20 x 3

Accessory work for today, shoulders.
Dumbbell shrugs 110 x 10
Military press 115 x 10
Lateral raise 25 x 10

Abs - landmine 180's 25 x 10, double crunch 3 x 20..
Stay hungry..

knotahumanbeing
10-25-13, 9:41 am
Chest day. Focus today was to really put together the small intricate details of my bench, to ensure proper form/technique when moving heavy weight. One of the guys at my gym who competes, has really been helping me a lot, as I've began this journey to my first meet. He helped me dig my shoulders and traps into the pad. I started engaging my lats because of his advice and what a world of difference it made. Bench is prob my weakest point, but I'm making progress..slow but it's still progress. We worked on hand/foot placement to dial in where I feel most comfortable to maximize my explosion. Did an extra set because next week is a deload week. Worked on some pause reps to simulate calls in an actual meet.

Barbell Bench Press
135 x 20
225 x 10
295 x 5
305 x 4
315 x 3
335 x 2
335 x 2

Incline Dumbbell Flye
85 x 5
90 x 3
95 x 2

Decline Hammer Strength Press
135 (on each side) x 5
160 (on each side) x 3
180 (on each side) x 2

No bicep accessory work today.

machineman
10-25-13, 10:54 am
Some great work and words in here, brother. Keep pushing the limits.

knotahumanbeing
10-25-13, 12:03 pm
Some great work and words in here, brother. Keep pushing the limits.

Thanks man, I greatly appreciate it.

knotahumanbeing
10-27-13, 9:38 pm
I didn't get a chance to train Friday, my oldest had a fall school carnival. My boys come before the gym so I can afford to miss a day to spend the evening with him before I had to had to job #2.
So I trained Saturday...back day...it was an odd day at the gym to say the least...with all the shit going on in life, I was half focused. I still need to train, I can not fail.

2" Deficit barbell deadlifts
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 8
495 x 5
505 x 3
555 x 2
555 x 2
I was extremely tight and the gym was freezing..I could not get my hips loose for the life of me. Extremely pissed. It felt heavy and made me mad.

Barbell Good Morning
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 2

Bent over barbell row
275 x 5
295 x 3
315 x 2

Lat pulldown
210 x 5
230 x 3
250 x 3

Accessory work -triceps

VBar Press down
180 x 3 x 10
Reverse grip press down
180 x 3 x 10

Hopefully my head is out of my ass this week...it's a deload week, so I'll get my shit together, analyze my form and technique and make way to being a better powerlifter.

Stay hungry.

knotahumanbeing
10-27-13, 10:07 pm
"We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up...discovering we have the strength to stare it down."
- Elenor Roosevelt

knotahumanbeing
10-29-13, 8:23 am
Yep, deload week, not happy about it but I know it's necessary. Pretty pumped, headphones are in, hungry, Rage is coursing through my system. Let's go

Barbell Floor Press w/ chains

135 x 15 (25 lbs chains each side)
185 x 10 (25 lbs chains each side)

Incline Barbell Press
185 x 4 x 10

Dumbbell Bench Press
80 x 4 x 10

Pec Flye
150 x 4 10

Accessory Work Biceps.

Hammer Curl
45 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell Curl
35 x 3 x 10

Spider Curl
95 x 3 x 10

Ab- Spider Planks 3 x 45 sec, Hanging Knee Raises 3 x 12, Russian Med Ball Twist 30 x 3 x 30.

Next week when heavy training kicks off, I'll resume my cardio acceleration conditioning aka predator training aka animal cruelty.

Stay hungry.

knotahumanbeing
10-29-13, 8:30 am
I figured I'd also include what I'm taking on a daily basis. As a single dad I really don't have any extra money for myself. My gym dues and maybe a cheat meal here or there are what I spend on myself. So I have just the bare minimums.

Animal Flex
Animal Pak
Animal Rage (free samples from the Dayton/Cincinnati ABC) Thanks guys!!
Universal Real Gains
Universal Pro & Oats

RedlegDbell
10-29-13, 11:14 am
"We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up...discovering we have the strength to stare it down."
- Elenor Roosevelt

Great find Rob. She stated it better than I could for sure.

RedlegDbell
10-29-13, 11:20 am
I didn't get a chance to train Friday, my oldest had a fall school carnival. My boys come before the gym so I can afford to miss a day to spend the evening with him before I had to had to job #2.
So I trained Saturday...back day...it was an odd day at the gym to say the least...with all the shit going on in life, I was half focused. I still need to train, I can not fail.

2" Deficit barbell deadlifts
135 x 15
225 x 10
315 x 8
495 x 5
505 x 3
555 x 2
555 x 2
I was extremely tight and the gym was freezing..I could not get my hips loose for the life of me. Extremely pissed. It felt heavy and made me mad.

Barbell Good Morning
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 2

Bent over barbell row
275 x 5
295 x 3
315 x 2

Lat pulldown
210 x 5
230 x 3
250 x 3

Accessory work -triceps

VBar Press down
180 x 3 x 10
Reverse grip press down
180 x 3 x 10

Hopefully my head is out of my ass this week...it's a deload week, so I'll get my shit together, analyze my form and technique and make way to being a better powerlifter.

Stay hungry.
Don't get discouraged Rob. We all have those days and as you said that cold can really screw with your body.

RedlegDbell
10-29-13, 11:38 am
LOL, I love that you call your cardio acceleration conditioning animal cruelty. That's great haha. We may have as many as 8-10 people at Colerain Beast Barbell Saturday for deads. The atmosphere will be electric! Some of us are starting the Cube BOSS this week just fyi. Hope to see you again soon!

knotahumanbeing
10-29-13, 11:04 pm
LOL, I love that you call your cardio acceleration conditioning animal cruelty. That's great haha. We may have as many as 8-10 people at Colerain Beast Barbell Saturday for deads. The atmosphere will be electric! Some of us are starting the Cube BOSS this week just fyi. Hope to see you again soon!

Haha yeah I kind thought of it on the fly...I was suppose to be traveling out of town this weekend,however that may not be happening, so it's possible I could be there.

knotahumanbeing
10-29-13, 11:14 pm
Tonight was a decent back training session..can't wait to get back on it next week..

Pull ups
3 x 10

Kroc Rows
95 x 4 x 10

Wide grip lat pull down
130 x 4 x 10

T-Bar row
135 x 4 x 10

Reverse hyper extension
30 x 4 x 12

Accessory work - triceps
Dip - 3 x 15

Skull crushed
95 x 3 x 10

Pressdown
70 x 3 x 10

Abs - crunches 3 x 40, standing an wheel 3 x 12, kettlebell side bend 50 x 3 x 10

Stay hungry.

knotahumanbeing
10-30-13, 9:50 pm
Leg day...did something I never do before I train..I ate dinner before with my son, week I will sit with him but I wait to eat, and my stomach didn't like it lol. Good thing I didn't blow chunks everywhere

Box jumps 3 x 10

Front squat - 5 were pause reps, other 5 speed reps
135 x 10
155 x 4 x 10

2" Deficit Romanian deadlifts
225 x 4 x 10

Standing leg curls super set with Lying leg curls
80 x 4 x 10
100 x 4 x 10

Accessory work - shoulders

Lumberjack press
30 x 3 x 10
Front dumbbell raise
20 x 3 x 10
Barbell shrug
225 x 3 x 15

Stay hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-01-13, 3:31 pm
Yesterday was redonkulous..up for 23 hours straight. Worked job #1 rushed to the gym...ran to the store...then home for trick or treating with the boys before off to job #2. Worn the fuck out, I can't quit, I have to push, my boys depend on me, and I on them. A motivational speaker once said, find your why. Your why, is reason for everything, the reason you want to be successful, the goal, ambition, drive, dream, etc...I thought long and hard about it, what's my why? I mean I want to be a great marine officer, I want to be a great father, a great man of God, there are those things I want to be great at, but WHY? My boys are my why, they are why I work 2 jobs to support them, they are my why for never quitting. We all have tumultuous turns in life that take us off the beaten path, it builds us up, some code to continue to wander and never get back on their respective "path" or "journey". My boys are why I continue to find my way back on to my journey, God is my rock and He is my guide, but my boys are my why. Those that like what they do and are proud of always doing better make more progress day by day.

Even though I was in a rush,I was able to complete my full deload chest session.

Bench press
135 x 4 x 10 +50lbs chains each side

Incline dumbbell flye
45 x 4 x 10

Decline hammer strength press
90 each side x 4 x 10

Incline hammer strength press
90 each side x 4 x 10

Accessory work - biceps

Barbell curl
135 x 3 x 7

Concentration curl
65 x 3 x 5

Preacher curl
115 x 3 x 5

Stay Hungry. Be proud, but never satisfied.

RedlegDbell
11-01-13, 8:11 pm
Ugh! 23 hours?!? You're definitely living the "Stay hungry. Be proud, but never satisfied." Hang in there big man.

knotahumanbeing
11-01-13, 8:11 pm
Deload week is almost over...pretty good back session tonight.

2" deficit Barbell deadlift
135 x 15
225 x 12
275 x 4 x 10

Barbell Good Morning
105 x 4 x 10

Bent over barbell row
225 x 4 x 10

Lat Pull down
190 x 4 x 10

Accessory work - triceps

VBar Press down
150 x 3 x 10

Reverse grip press down
140 x 3 x 10

Incline dumbbell tricep extension
75 x 3 x 10

Close grip push up
3 x 10

Abs - leg throwdown 3 x 20, sandbag slams 30 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry.

RedlegDbell
11-01-13, 8:18 pm
Deload week is almost over...pretty good back session tonight.

2" deficit Barbell deadlift
135 x 15
225 x 12
275 x 4 x 10

Barbell Good Morning
105 x 4 x 10

Bent over barbell row
225 x 4 x 10

Lat Pull down
190 x 4 x 10

Accessory work - triceps

VBar Press down
150 x 3 x 10

Reverse grip press down
140 x 3 x 10

Incline dumbbell tricep extension
75 x 3 x 10

Close grip push up
3 x 10

Abs - leg throwdown 3 x 20, sandbag slams 30 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry.
Good session man. Looks like you're out for deads tomorrow LOL.

knotahumanbeing
11-01-13, 9:00 pm
Good session man. Looks like you're out for deads tomorrow LOL.

Ha ha, I may come squat or just support

RedlegDbell
11-01-13, 9:08 pm
Ha ha, I may come squat or just support

Do it! It would be great to have you in the house!

knotahumanbeing
11-04-13, 10:37 pm
Ahh back to heavy lifting...Monday the international chest day, work with the guy in my gym, who's been a great deal of help as I'm on my journey.

Barbell Bench Press - felt okay, still not happy, but I am making progress, we worked a little on commands.
135 x 20
225 x 10
305 x 5
305 x 5
305 x 5

Incline dumbbell flye
85 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell Bench Press
125 x 3 x 5

180 (each side) x 3 x 5

Accessory work - biceps

Barbell curl
155 x 3 x 5

Concentration curl
65 x 3 x 5

Preacher curl
135 x 3 x 5

Gotta stay focused, I can't let outside distractions effect my goals. Stay Hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-05-13, 7:30 pm
Hell yeah, back day! Today I was just pumped beyond belief, I think the 3 scoops of Rage did it.

2" deficit barbell deadlifts
135 x 20
225 x 10
515 x 3 x 5
585 x 1
585 x 1
I felt fucking amazing so that's why I continued on with two extra sets.

Barbell Good Morning
155 x 3 x 5

Barbell bent over row
275 x 3 x 5

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
250 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - triceps
Weighted dips
45 x 3 x 7

VBar Press down
125 x 3 x 5

Reverse grip press down
87.5 x 3 x 5

Incredible back day again...stay hungry

RedlegDbell
11-06-13, 9:00 am
Hell yeah, back day! Today I was just pumped beyond belief, I think the 3 scoops of Rage did it.

2" deficit barbell deadlifts
135 x 20
225 x 10
515 x 3 x 5
585 x 1
585 x 1
I felt fucking amazing so that's why I continued on with two extra sets.

Barbell Good Morning
155 x 3 x 5

Barbell bent over row
275 x 3 x 5

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
250 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - triceps
Weighted dips
45 x 3 x 7

VBar Press down
125 x 3 x 5

Reverse grip press down
87.5 x 3 x 5

Incredible back day again...stay hungry
Good stuff man. Big gains coming your way! See you Saturday.

knotahumanbeing
11-07-13, 7:01 am
Good stuff man. Big gains coming your way! See you Saturday.

Thanks man..I'm trying

knotahumanbeing
11-07-13, 7:13 am
My second fav day last night...Leg day

Box Jumps 3 x 10

Barbell Squat
Bar x 20
135 x 15
225 x 10
405 x 3 x 5

Leg Press
1100 x 3 x 5

Leg Extensions
100 x 3 x 20

Farmers Shrugs
180 (per side) x 2 x 5
90 (per side) x 2 x 10

Seated Mil Press ssw/ Front DB Raise
155 x 3 x 10
35 x 3 x 10

DB Shrugs ssw/ Bent over rear delt flye
125 x 3 x 10
35 x 3 x 8

I'm friggin' hurtin' today...After having back day on Tuesday and then Legs yesterday, growing hurts haha. Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 12:54 am
I didn't train Thursday night, spent the evening with my boys. They supersede training.

Trained Friday night chest..had to get it in before heading off to job #2

Barbell floor press + 50 lb chains on each side
Bar x 20
135 x 15
225 x 2 x 5 + chains
245 x 1 x 5 + chains

Incline Barbell Bench Press
275 x 5
285 x 2 x 5

Dumbbell flye
85 x 3 x 5

Incline hammer strength press ssw/ knuckle push ups
135 each side x 3 x 5

Accessory work - biceps

Hammer curls
40 x 3 x 10

Spider curls
95 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell curls
35 x 3 x 10

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 1:07 am
Headed over to colerain barbell with redlegdbell Luke Starnes and a few other guys. I pulled earlier in the week but I figured I would do light pulling with the guys. Did a couple warm up sets and worked in with the guys, after a few sets my lower back started to twinge a little so I stopped there and worked on my other back work.

Deadlifts
Bar x 10
135 x 8
225 x 3
355 x 3
375 x 3
405 x 3
405 x 3

Band Lat Pulldowns
75 x 3 x 12

Pull ups
3 x 10

Kroc Rows
70 x 3 x 25

Stay Hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 1:36 am
Late nights. I'm use to it, countless hours spent thinking, planning, learning, bullshitting, etc. I'm hungry, figuratively and literally. I want to fucking kill the weights right now, I want to succeed, I want to just lift. I was watching Animal's YouTube page, finally got around to watching the late night Vegas training session of Brandon, Higa, Guns and I'm like I want that, I will have that. It was no frill, no non sense training with some strong motherfuckers, just friends having fun. I don't know where this was going, but oh well. This journey has only just begun, and I'm hungry as shit. So I'm gonna keep going, keep feeding the animal inside, keep training this machine and do it.

It sucks working two jobs, I've done it since 19, and especially kept it up when I became a father. But I do it, I do it support my boys, no one else is, it's just me. I'm busting my ass just to survive, just to be able to take them to the dollar movie, to spend time together. My boys don't understand the struggle, they don't realize how much daddie suffers so that they don't have to. The only thing I do for myself, is train. Even that gets fringed upon because of working multiple jobs, sleep deprivation, sleep apnea, sleep paralysis. I suffer so they won't. I'm out of my few supps that I take, but you know what my boys aren't out of a place to sleep or food on the table, because I suffer, so they won't. I want them to be more successful than myself, I want them to grow as strong hearted, well rounded, fearless men. I want for them to know, I suffered, so they didn't. I'm rambling, it's late, fuck it.

Stay Hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 10:54 am
Welp, just found out the meet I was to be competing in Dec is full. I tried emailing and calling the meet Director to see if he would allow me to enter, however no response. I'll try again this week, but looks like won't be competing 15 Dec. However I did find a meet here in Cincinnati on 7 Dec that I may be able to do. So I'll try to look into that now...Just sucks, I was really looking forward to this meet.

RedlegDbell
11-11-13, 11:25 am
Welp, just found out the meet I was to be competing in Dec is full. I tried emailing and calling the meet Director to see if he would allow me to enter, however no response. I'll try again this week, but looks like won't be competing 15 Dec. However I did find a meet here in Cincinnati on 7 Dec that I may be able to do. So I'll try to look into that now...Just sucks, I was really looking forward to this meet.

Is the one in Cincinnati at the Sweat Shop? Mike and I are going to watch that and then lifting at Colerain Barbell later in the afternoon.

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 11:44 am
Is the one in Cincinnati at the Sweat Shop? Mike and I are going to watch that and then lifting at Colerain Barbell later in the afternoon.

Yeah that's the one

RedlegDbell
11-11-13, 1:57 pm
Yeah that's the one

Hope you're able to get in on that one. We'll definitely be there to support you Rob!

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 9:22 pm
Hope you're able to get in on that one. We'll definitely be there to support you Rob!

Appreciate the support man.

knotahumanbeing
11-11-13, 9:32 pm
Chest day...a little adamant about today, as my chest has been lagging, but time to crank it out. My buddy, who's kinda been my handler at the gym suggested every day before I lift, try watching some pros lift,to help get your technique focused. Well last night watching the vids did help.

Bench Press- I knew going in to today's session I was gonna crank up to 315, I just didn't expect for it to feel so easy. So I kept increasing the weight.
Bar x 20
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 3 x 3
335 x 3
355 x 1

Incline dumbbell flye
90 x 3
95 x 2 x 3

Dumbbell Bench Press
130 x 3 x 3

190 each side x 3 x 3

Accessory work - biceps
Barbell curl
155 x 3 x 3

Concentration curl
75 x 3 x 3

Preacher curl
125 x 3 x 3

Animal cruelty aka cardio acceleration
Battle/conditioning ropes

30 seconds x 5

I'm really hoping I can get in this 7 Dec meet since my original planned meet to compete in was full. Be that as is may, gotta stay focused.

Stay Hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-12-13, 10:46 pm
Today, I pulled..intentions to go heavy. So I did.

2" deficit deadlift - did a lot of warm up reps as the gym was cold as shit. I got vid of me pulling so I'll post it up shortly
Bar x 10
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 7
405 x 7
495 x 5
500 x 4
550 x 3
550 x 3

Decided to go up but pulled from the floor.
600 x 1
600 x 1

After this session I decided to call it, no back accessory work or triceps. I'll make it up this week though. I felt great.

Stay Hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-12-13, 10:49 pm
http://youtu.be/Q3r91oEOkPA

knotahumanbeing
11-12-13, 10:52 pm
http://youtu.be/B71hIMGd3-k

knotahumanbeing
11-13-13, 9:51 pm
After yesterday's session I thought I was gonna be toast, but felt pretty good. As cold as it is here I layered up and got a pretty good warm up. I hate wearing a lot while training, because I hate feeling restricted, however I gotta stay warm as possible to ensure quality training sessions.

Box Jumps
3 x 10

Barbell Squat
Bar x 15
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 5
425 x 3 x 3

Leg Extensions
110 x 3 x 20

Leg Press
1200 x 3 x 3

Farmers shrugs
180 each side x 3 x 5

Seated barbell military press
185 x 3 x 4

Dumbbell shrugs
130 x 3 x 5

Front dumbbell raise
45 x 3 x 5

Animal cruelty - tire flips
550 x 5 x 5

Stay Hungry

RedlegDbell
11-14-13, 1:14 am
Legit work Rob! I would be destroyed hitting deads and squats 2 days apart LOL.

knotahumanbeing
11-14-13, 10:13 pm
You know what feels amazing? That moment when weight feels light as shit. My bench has really been lagging behind but tonight, I felt strong as fuck! Very motivating. I continue to watch the pros lift and watch their posts on here, and it's just incredible that shit is working. None of it matters until I step onto the platform, but it's encouraging
I fucking love it.

Barbell Floor Press w/ 50 lb chains on each side
Bar x 15
135 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 3
The last set still felt easy, so I'm extremely happy with it. I'll see what bench looks like on Monday, but I am beyond stoked.

Barbell incline Press
305 x 3
315 x 2 x 3

Dumbbell flye
90 x 3 x 5

Incline hammer strength press
180 each side x 3 x 3

Accessory work - biceps
Hammer curl
40 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell Curl
40 x 3 x 10

Again, I feel strong as fuck! Today awesome session. I'm extremely proud, but I'm nowhere near satisfied. Time to grind it out.

Stay Hungry.

Sief09
11-15-13, 2:20 pm
Rob I have not met you yet, but Steve has told me a lot about you. Your journey has been harder than most, and to see you coming back so strongly it is inspirational. Can't wait to meet you in person man. Keep up the good work

tark
11-15-13, 8:56 pm
Finally made my way over here man...been seeing you putting in that work man!! Going to be around in here a lot more...hope to see you next week!!

knotahumanbeing
11-17-13, 10:14 pm
Rob I have not met you yet, but Steve has told me a lot about you. Your journey has been harder than most, and to see you coming back so strongly it is inspirational. Can't wait to meet you in person man. Keep up the good work

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've never looked at myself as an inspirational type person, I just don't quit. so I thank you for that

Finally made my way over here man...been seeing you putting in that work man!! Going to be around in here a lot more...hope to see you next week!!

Thanks bro! Yes def will see you Saturday!

knotahumanbeing
11-17-13, 10:28 pm
Got up early Saturday to go help coach some 7th graders in basketball. I tell you what, it was amazing feeling to go work with the kids and I even got in there and ran some sprints!

Afterwards,I headed over to train with Colerain Barbell Club. They were working on deadlifts, but I pulled earlier in the week and didn't want to push it, so I stick with my legs schedule.

Barbell front squat - first time ever using a Texas squat bar, 60 lbs. I liked the thicker bar because I have such large hands. A lot of warm ups, I felt very stiff.
Bar x 30
150 x 8
290 x 4 x 3

Romanian/Stiff leg deadlifts
330 x 2 x 3
380 x 3
420 x 5

Lying leg curls
110 x 3 x 10

Accessory work - shoulders/calfs
Barbell shrugs
330 x 3 x 10

Side lateral raises
25 x 3 x 10

Band face pulls
3 x 15

Calf raises - 3
Single 20 each side
Double 20

3 weeks out...stay hungry

knotahumanbeing
11-18-13, 10:23 pm
Chest day. I've got to kill this, I'm hungry...I went in with the mindset of success, to become successful, I must become well rounded in all facets of this sport. Therefore my weakest link must be my focal point, and must not quit, must not accept any type of excuse of why I can not be a dominant force. I'm an athlete, in a sport where the competition is me. I know that I won't be the best powerlifter in the world only 4 months in, but I want to be the powerlifter I can be personally.

Bench Press
Bar x 20
135 x 10
225 x 8
315 x 5
345 x 3
365 x 1
375 x 1

Incline dumbbell flye
85 x 5
95 x 3
100 x 3

Dumbbell Bench press
115 x 5
130 x 3
150 x 2

180 x 5
205 x 3 x 2

Accessory work - biceps
Barbell curl
165 x 2 x 3
165 x 2 (failed on the last rep)

Concentration curl
75 x 3 x 5

Cardio Acceleration aka animal cruelty. Packing on 20lbs in 3 months came with a little extra fat, so I want get back my lean structure.

HIIT on treadmill
10 rounds
30 sec

Stay Hungry...

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 6:54 am
The road to success is not straight, There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies; caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, you will make it to a place called Success....

Stay Hungry

RedlegDbell
11-19-13, 10:26 am
The road to success is not straight, There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies; caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, you will make it to a place called Success....

Stay Hungry

Great post Rob. You have already dealt with more challenges and despair than many of us may face in a lifetime. Speaks volumes to your determination and character. We're certainly glad to know you and I look forward to chasing down or on the platform together soon!

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 11:05 pm
Great post Rob. You have already dealt with more challenges and despair than many of us may face in a lifetime. Speaks volumes to your determination and character. We're certainly glad to know you and I look forward to chasing down or on the platform together soon!

Thanks man, I'm happy to have been welcomed with open arms by you guys, an amazing brotherhood to be apart of.

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 11:16 pm
I send in my registration for my meet tomorrow. Just over two weeks out, like I said before, I'm determined to kill this shit. I can't hold back. It's back day, time to pull some shit.

Barbell deadlift
Bar x many warm ups
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 8

495 x 5
565 x 3
655 x 1 (failed) this would have been a PR, I was so fucking pissed I missed it. I recorded it and shot my hips up too early. I got so pissed I pulled more. Videos will be uploaded soon

605 x 1
625 x 1
585 x 1
Missing 655 just made me angry, rest of my lifts were just intense.

Barbell Good Morning
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 3

Barbell Bent over row
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3

Wide grip lat pull down
250 x 5
270 x 3
290 x 3

Accessory work - triceps
Dips

Press down
70 x 3 x 10

Rope press down
70 x 3 x 10

Cardio Acceleration
10 rounds 8.8 mph x 30 sec

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 11:30 pm
http://youtu.be/7OU4Xr6RD_A

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 11:31 pm
http://youtu.be/Vt09lsvRCd0

knotahumanbeing
11-19-13, 11:32 pm
http://youtu.be/Xoepi8KClEE

knotahumanbeing
11-20-13, 10:38 pm
I had to have an oral surgery/extraction today...I was so tempted to go train, but I decided not to, because stupid Dr's know what they're talking about, haha. Although I'm laying here really wishing I had gone. Oh well, I'll be back at it tomorrow.

"The difference between a successful person and others, is not a lack of strength, nor a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."

Stay Hungry.

RedlegDbell
11-21-13, 11:46 am
Hope you're not discourage by missing 655. I think you just hit to many reps and then jumped too fast. This close to a meet you should basically hit enough reps along the way to get warmed up. For example:
Bar x 10
135x10
225x8
315x5
405x2-3
495x1
545x1
585x1
605-615x1
635x1
655x1. As the weight gets heavier it's better to cut down on the amount of weight you are adding to the bar. This will help you on squats and bench too.

knotahumanbeing
11-21-13, 8:42 pm
Hope you're not discourage by missing 655. I think you just hit to many reps and then jumped too fast. This close to a meet you should basically hit enough reps along the way to get warmed up. For example:
Bar x 10
135x10
225x8
315x5
405x2-3
495x1
545x1
585x1
605-615x1
635x1
655x1. As the weight gets heavier it's better to cut down on the amount of weight you are adding to the bar. This will help you on squats and bench too.

definitely not discouraged, just motivated to friggin' pull it! that was my last serious heavy session before the meet, next week I'll work on just my openers. I appreciate that pyramid schedule, I'll maybe use that to warm up at the meet? I'd like to meet up with you guys next if possible.

knotahumanbeing
11-21-13, 8:50 pm
chest.. just over 2 weeks until my meet.

floor press w/ 25 lb chains each side
135 x many
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2

incline barbell press
275 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 2 (PR)

dumbbell flye
85 x 5
95 x 3
100 x 2

incline hammer strength press
135 x 5
180 x 3
200 x 1

accessory work - biceps
hammer curls
50 x 3 x 10

seated dumbbell curls
45 x 3 x 10

crunches 2 x 40
leg throw downs 2 x 15

cardio acceleration
10 rounds 9.0 mph x 30 secs

stay hungry.

knotahumanbeing
11-22-13, 11:24 am
I'm 2 weeks out from my first powerlifting meet. I'm anxious and nervous all at the same time. This is where transcend from gym rat to amongst the ranks of powerlifters across the world and truly become a powerlifter. I no longer will be just a gym rat, or the big guy that lifts some heavy ass weights. I know I won't be an "elite" or "pro" lifter, but I'm on the Journey to becoming the best powerlifter I can be. When I step on the platform, the hours, the blood, the sweat, the countless number of chicken breast (LOL) will forge together. I don't want to just do the meet just to do it, I want to get there and friggin' dominate. Why waste my time or the space, if I'm not gonna step up there and give it all I've got. Of course, must be reasonable within my training and what my body can do, but this is where it fucking counts. Not the gym, not what I do at an ABC, but here on this platform, where the lights are on me, eyes on me. This is my time, this is not the time to back down and later say woulda, coulda, shoulda. It's time to go up there and fucking kill it, no holds barred. I can rest plenty when the meet is over. Until then, it's full speed ahead, the lion, the animal inside, is uncaged, ready to let loose on the iron.

My biggest motivators will be there, my two boys, Robbie and Jameson. They are who I do everything for, multiple jobs, hunger for success, everything. I'll be able to get up there and they will see their father succeed. It's funny because one night I was showing my youngest son (Jameson) a video of me lifting, and he goes,"Daddie, are you working out?" I said, Yes I am. His reply, "You want to be big and strong like me, huh?" All I could do is laugh and agree with him, my boys come to the gym with me, they see me getting bigger and now they will see it pay off.

This is only the beginning, as I'm planning for 2014 and 2015 meets already, setting my sights on the "prey". My boys refer to us as lions, my inner Animal, is a lion, the meets, the iron, is my prey. It's time to take 'em down and eat. However here's the thing, no matter how much I "eat", I'll always be hungry. Be Proud but never satisfied.

Stay Hungry.
Rob

RedlegDbell
11-22-13, 12:22 pm
I'm 2 weeks out from my first powerlifting meet. I'm anxious and nervous all at the same time. This is where transcend from gym rat to amongst the ranks of powerlifters across the world and truly become a powerlifter. I no longer will be just a gym rat, or the big guy that lifts some heavy ass weights. I know I won't be an "elite" or "pro" lifter, but I'm on the Journey to becoming the best powerlifter I can be. When I step on the platform, the hours, the blood, the sweat, the countless number of chicken breast (LOL) will forge together. I don't want to just do the meet just to do it, I want to get there and friggin' dominate. Why waste my time or the space, if I'm not gonna step up there and give it all I've got. Of course, must be reasonable within my training and what my body can do, but this is where it fucking counts. Not the gym, not what I do at an ABC, but here on this platform, where the lights are on me, eyes on me. This is my time, this is not the time to back down and later say woulda, coulda, shoulda. It's time to go up there and fucking kill it, no holds barred. I can rest plenty when the meet is over. Until then, it's full speed ahead, the lion, the animal inside, is uncaged, ready to let loose on the iron.

My biggest motivators will be there, my two boys, Robbie and Jameson. They are who I do everything for, multiple jobs, hunger for success, everything. I'll be able to get up there and they will see their father succeed. It's funny because one night I was showing my youngest son (Jameson) a video of me lifting, and he goes,"Daddie, are you working out?" I said, Yes I am. His reply, "You want to be big and strong like me, huh?" All I could do is laugh and agree with him, my boys come to the gym with me, they see me getting bigger and now they will see it pay off.

This is only the beginning, as I'm planning for 2014 and 2015 meets already, setting my sights on the "prey". My boys refer to us as lions, my inner Animal, is a lion, the meets, the iron, is my prey. It's time to take 'em down and eat. However here's the thing, no matter how much I "eat", I'll always be hungry. Be Proud but never satisfied.

Stay Hungry.
Rob

I'd say you're ready haha. Mike and I will be there too. It's going to be a blast for sure. This will be the first time going to a merry and not competing. Really glad we're deadlifting at CBB after the meet because I will be dying to lift after that lol!
Do you have your openers planned yet or are you still calculating?

Kowboy
11-22-13, 1:32 pm
Get videos guys, send em to me and lets put a compilation together of the animal crew.

knotahumanbeing
11-22-13, 2:00 pm
I'd say you're ready haha. Mike and I will be there too. It's going to be a blast for sure. This will be the first time going to a merry and not competing. Really glad we're deadlifting at CBB after the meet because I will be dying to lift after that lol!
Do you have your openers planned yet or are you still calculating?

Thanks for your support too Steve, again I appreciate the open arms. I am still working on the openers..I want to see if I can come over to CBB next week and work on them if possible.

Get videos guys, send em to me and lets put a compilation together of the animal crew.

Sweet, was def planning on doing that, but I will send them over. I appreciate it!

knotahumanbeing
11-23-13, 6:32 pm
My second ABC today, and again I hit another PR. I prob should attend one every week haha...Last heavy lift, hit squats today. It was great atmosphere, had Chris Miller there who was a tremendous help on calling my depth, in addition to Brandon who's been an incredible source of info/advice, as well as all the guys. Great meeting a lot of you guys.

Box jumps
3 x 10

Squat
Bar
135 x 12
225 x 8
325 x 8
405 x 5
455 x 3

The guys said I was a little high, jumped down to 405 to have them call depth, then back to to hit a PR.
405 x 3
475 x 1

Attempted to do front squats and my back was toast.

Dumbbell shrugs
110 x 15
115 x 2 x 12

Front dumbbell raise
35 x 3 x 10

Seated lateral raises
35 x 3 x 5

Shoulder Press
40 x 3 x 10

2 weeks to go....stay hungry

Kowboy
11-23-13, 10:32 pm
Nice meeting you today, you were killing it man.

knotahumanbeing
11-24-13, 3:12 pm
Nice meeting you today, you were killing it man.

good meeting you too man! look forward to seeing you around man! good job pulling, I was trying to stay out of your way!

tark
11-24-13, 4:39 pm
Was good seeing you again rob!! Look forward to seeing you the 7th..going do big things buddy!! Oooo and GO BUCKS!! Hahahaha

deanna7272
11-24-13, 4:39 pm
Great meeting you yesterday!!! I'm sure I will be seeing you around more often!!!

knotahumanbeing
11-25-13, 3:57 pm
Fuck me..just got called by the meet director, that the meets been sold out for 2 months. Well wtf? 1. How the hell is anyone suppose to know (ie I emailed 3 weeks ago to see) 2. What am I gonna compete in now. Meet director said there's a waiting list, and they'll put me on it, but how does one prep for that?

So angry. Gonna go lift tonight, fuck an opener week off, now that I won't be competing next week.

knotahumanbeing
11-25-13, 8:32 pm
Not to be deterred,because no matter what is thrown in my way, I must not quit, I must not give up. This is only just a minor change, because if I don't compete next week. It's only giving me more opportunity, more time, to become even stronger, to destroy all that comes in my way. I used this road block to fuel today's training session. I got out there and wrecked shop. I'm battling a cold, but that's just bullshit, I still went because I'm hungry.

Bench Press
Bar x warm ups
135 x 10
225 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 1
345 x 1
365 x 1
375 x 1
405 x 1 fail (stuck half way up, this is where the cold kicked in)

Incline dumbbell flye
85 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell Bench Press
115 x 3 x 5
120 x 2 x 5

Accessory work - biceps
Barbell curl
95 x 3 x 10

Concentration curl super set w/ battle ropes
40 x 3 x 10
30 seconds x 3 almost puked

Cardio Acceleration
10 rounds 9.0 mph x 30 seconds

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential..these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."

Pissed as I may be, disappointed and disheartened, I will not be stopped, hungry, focused. I thank everyone for their support, their advice, encouraging words. I will not let me down, and I will not disappoint you.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
11-26-13, 9:31 pm
Back day..straight and to the point.

Wide grip weighted pull ups ssw/ inboard pull ups
45 x 5
Bodyweight x 10

Kroc Rows
95 x 3 x 20

Wide grip lat pull down
210 x 5 x 5

T-Bar row
225 x 7
270 x 5
300 x 3 x 5

Straight Arm Pull down
110 x 5 x 5

Accessory work - triceps

Incline overhead extension
95 x 3 x 10

Bench dip
3 x 20

Press down ssw/ rev grip press down
125 x 3 x 10

knotahumanbeing
11-28-13, 4:18 am
Leg day...limited in time as I had to work the 2nd job tonight..

Front squats
Bar x warm up
150 x 8
240 x 5
330 x 2 x 3 (PR)

Wasn't sure if I was gonna do hamstring work or not since I squatted on Saturday, but, fuck it, I wanted to squat.

Squat
330 x 7
420 x 5
440 x 3
The guys asked if I wanted to try knee wraps, well why not, never used them before. Couldn't hurt, I tell you what, it's awkward, but I can see how people use them, and the benefits of using them. Tried them with a weight I know I could knock out, before jumping up.
440 x 1 w/ wraps
500 x 1 w/ wraps (PR)

Felt awesome to hit that weight, knee wraps or not I felt solid..I'll keep training without them, but it's encouraging. I'll upload vids soon.

Stay Hungry. Happy Turkey Day animals.

RedlegDbell
11-28-13, 12:15 pm
Killed the squats last night Rob. Hope you have a great day with the kids. See you Saturday!

knotahumanbeing
12-02-13, 9:29 pm
Haven't heard from the meet director yet to let me know if I'm gonna compete this weekend or not. Chucking it up as a no. Disheartening, yes, debilitating, no. Feb 22, looks like will be my first meet. SPF no regret, no surrender. I'm gonna sign up early so there is no way I'm not competing damn it. I will use this as more time, to become more powerful, mentally and physically. Nothing has changed, just the date, that I push myself up.

For now, I'm going to stick with the 5/3/1 method still with a 6-day split, however switching days around and flipping a few things.

Mon/Thurs - legs/shoulders
Tues/Frid - chest/tri's
Wed/Sat - back/bi's

Box Jumps
3 x 10

Squats
Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 2
405 x 3 x 5

Leg extensions
110 x 3 x 20

Front squats
295 x 3 x 5

Military barbell press
135 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell shrugs
115 x 3 x 10

Face pull
110 x 3 x 10

Abs
Crunches 2 x 35
Planks 2 x 30 sec
Hanging knee raise 2 x 10

Conditioning
Battle Ropes 3 x 30 sec

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-03-13, 1:39 pm
I don't like it one bit. I'm frustrated, 2 for 2 on meets being full. I'm not satisfied at all. I'm ready to friggin' eat, so hungry, I can barely stand it. I want to step on that platform now. However, there must be something working behind the scenes, that's telling me to be patient, your time will come. You ever want something so bad, it's right there within your grasp, but it's so far away. That's how this competition is, I'm doing this for me, I'm ready to compete against myself, and truly show myself, what God has blessed me with, the strength to hold weight under extreme pressure. No matter how hard I train, how often, or how little. This is not possible without God, He could strip it away at anytime. So for this, I must give Him thanks. I believe in Him and His capabilities to propel me to this next level of greatness.

22 Feb 13 - No Regrets, No Surrender. Will be my first full power meet. I have 12 weeks to earn a place amongst powerlifters. I will get bigger, faster, and stronger (Magnus, Citius, Fortius). Since it is SPF, I will attempt to compete in the 259 wt class, If I grow epic proportions between now and then, I will compete 275. My current weight is 264. I hit my squat goal of 500 last week in the gym, so therefore I will set a new competition goal for squat. I'm this close to hitting my bench goal of 405, just need to keep working on the little things. Deadlift, I am hoping to pull 700+. Not looking to breaking any records, just looking to be competitive with myself.

"If we resist our passions, it is more because of their weakness than because of our strength."

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-03-13, 10:58 pm
Well well.. God works in mysterious ways. This afternoon, I got a call from the meet director. The competition for this weekend, had some lifters drop out. So that opened up some room on the list for me to compete. I got super nervous, I sent my buddy Ed a text, like hey she called, said there's an opening! He said fucking do it man. I called her back and told her I'm in. My mind just went fucking nuts! I'm like shit I got 3 days to prep. Originally I was to lift heavy tonight but I decided to work on chest openers and some cardio since I weigh in Friday. I can't say how happy I am that I'm gonna be on the platform on Saturday, finally. God is good.

Stretching 10 min

Bench
Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 1
365 x 1
335 x 2 x 1

Cardio Acceleration
15 min

Although,I am doing this for myself, I won't let you guys down! I'm hungry and I'm gonna feast on Saturday.

Stay Hungry.

Kowboy
12-04-13, 8:47 am
Hell yeah dude! Remember to get me some good videos so we can throw something together.

RedlegDbell
12-04-13, 10:20 am
Well well.. God works in mysterious ways. This afternoon, I got a call from the meet director. The competition for this weekend, had some lifters drop out. So that opened up some room on the list for me to compete. I got super nervous, I sent my buddy Ed a text, like hey she called, said there's an opening! He said fucking do it man. I called her back and told her I'm in. My mind just went fucking nuts! I'm like shit I got 3 days to prep. Originally I was to lift heavy tonight but I decided to work on chest openers and some cardio since I weigh in Friday. I can't say how happy I am that I'm gonna be on the platform on Saturday, finally. God is good.

Stretching 10 min

Bench
Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 1
365 x 1
335 x 2 x 1

Cardio Acceleration
15 min

Although,I am doing this for myself, I won't let you guys down! I'm hungry and I'm gonna feast on Saturday.

Stay Hungry.
You're so ready man! It will be awesome to watch. Mike and I will be there to support you(John might be there too) and I'll make sure to film all of your lifts. You will do great Rob!

Hell yeah dude! Remember to get me some good videos so we can throw something together.

We'll get it all filmed Mark. Pretty sure Tark is going to be there with some of the guys from Pacifico too.

Kowboy
12-04-13, 2:09 pm
Get everybody and I will tie it all together

knotahumanbeing
12-04-13, 10:30 pm
So my last day to lift before I step foot on the platform. Pulled some singles and then called it quits.

Deadlift
Bar x 10
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 2
405 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1
565 x 1
635 x 1

Did the stairmaster for 3 min for blood pump and then stationary bike for another 3. My hamstring and quads, are still very tight and sore from Monday's leg session.

Let's go, time to nut up and shut up...
I can't thank everyone enough for the words of encouragement, the tips/advice, the brotherhood. I thank you for just reading my journey.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-06-13, 2:44 pm
Man..had my first weigh in today for my first full power meet tomorrow, North of the Border 3. I weighed in 268...so I'll be competing 275 class..did not have enough time to properly cut down to 259 on such a short notice.

I tell you what, I'm excited and extremely nervous at the same time. It's hard to explaining the feeling right now. I'm sure all of you that have competed, have felt this when you had your first meet. I don't want to disappoint myself nor any of my friends and family that are coming to support. It's so unreal that this time is finally here. I pumped to be able to step foot on the platform and I'm beyond honored to have been able to train and meet some great brothers/sisters of the iron. The only 2 things that have gotten me more excited/nervous than this were the births of my children and the Marine Corps. My time is now, no time like the present eh?

Found this sweet piece of knowledge for me, to fuel tomorrow's meet and every single training session thereafter:

“Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Stay Hungry

Rob

RedlegDbell
12-07-13, 10:19 pm
Congratulations big man! You crushed it today! Can't wait to get your meet numbers written up on the CBB meet board! Get ready for next Saturday too because that will be some party man haha

knotahumanbeing
12-08-13, 5:30 pm
Congratulations big man! You crushed it today! Can't wait to get your meet numbers written up on the CBB meet board! Get ready for next Saturday too because that will be some party man haha

Thanks man! I appreciate all of your support, and use of your wraps and belt

knotahumanbeing
12-08-13, 6:19 pm
Wow oh wow. My first meet. It was a long time coming, I was anxious and nervous beyond belief. I first have to thank everyone for supporting me. Steve, Mike, Luke from Colerain Barbell. Animal/Universal for their amazing products fueling me before, during, and after the meet. Brandon Lily, iron mafia, Chris Miller, Tark, Trebin. All of you, have helped tremendously get my journey started in the right direction.

I was so anxious I woke up 0330 Sat morning and was awake just listening to music. I started mentally preparing for each lift, walking through warming up, contemplating 2nd and 3rd attempts. My youngest son couldn't join us as it was super early, and the UN anticipated length of the meet he wouldn't have lasted that long. My oldest was a trooper and I swear on my squat opener, I heard him yell, Go Daddy! I almost teared up right there on the platform hearing him cheer me on. Proud father nonetheless.

As this was my first meet, I was extremely unaware as the flow of the meet and when to warm up. We had rules meeting at 0830 and first lifter 0900. I was second flight 5th lifter out. Opener of 450. Got up there, boom extremely easy, white lights. I wanted to start with something I knew I could do. 2nd attempt 475, still within my range, whit lights again. Now 3rd attempt, I just broke 500 last week, what do I do? I consulted with my Steve Mike and Ed. We said why not go for it. 515...wrapped my knees, now this is where it got hairy, someone missed an attempt and they were swapped in addition to the confusion of Rob and Bob over the announcer. Standing ready to go, in wraps not fun. Got up there and really couldn't great positioning just because I had been wrapped so long. Well it didn't matter, set a PR and got white lights.

Up next, bench. Again second flight, 8th lifter out. Opened with 325, here is where my rookie/amateur powerlifter kicked in, I forgot that in the SPF, they do not give you a bench command, so when I unracked the weight, I sat there for a few seconds. I came down a little high, but white lights. Second attempt 365, came down a little lower,but I still made it. Now here's where it was go hard or go home. I've been struggling with 405 in the gym for the last couple weeks, but there's no time like the present. I failed, explosive down, solid grip and tightness, however after analyzing video afterwards,I saw that I gripped my hands to close inside and lost my arch during the lift. I'm extremely disappointed in myself that I didn't get it up, I'm right there. It's a learning experience and I just need to get stronger, no sugar coating it.

I did not like the time in between the lifts, on deadlifts I not only was second flight but 15th lifter out. I'm now r really ready to lift. I was to open with 585, however there was some confusion and they had 565. Oh well, got up, bar drifted, shot my hips up too early but I recovered and squared myself away for a successful attempt. I already knew today I was breaking my PR, so I wanted to ensure I had a competitive enough lift on my 2nd lift. So the 2nd attempt 625, no problems. Here it is, now or never, in October I hit 652, I wanted to beat that. 660 for my third attempt, I locked in, I focused, and pulled that shit through the fucking roof. I don't really scream or yell, but after that I yelled to the top of my lungs. It felt so easy to pull that.

So to end the day of my 1st powerlifting meet, 1540 total, 8/9 attempts, and 1st place 275 raw division. I'm fucking stoked and beyond proud but I'm nowhere near satisfied. The meet was way too easy, with the exception of my bench. Back in the gym tomorrow, 11 weeks out from my next meet. I'm hungry to compete again, I'm hungry for bigger better attempts. More structured training, stricter diet/eating habits. Only place to go is up. I am beyond blessed and thankful for this opportunity. Videos will be uploaded soon, I know trebin is putting something together for me.

Stay Hungry

Rob

tark
12-09-13, 8:09 pm
Congrats on getting that first one under your belt rob!! Thats definitely a strong first outting...sucks I couldnt make it down as I had to work but congrats none the less...hopefully look forward to seeing you soon

knotahumanbeing
12-09-13, 10:16 pm
Congrats on getting that first one under your belt rob!! Thats definitely a strong first outting...sucks I couldnt make it down as I had to work but congrats none the less...hopefully look forward to seeing you soon

Thanks bro, I know you wanted to be there...I'm at your next meet for sure..

I have a desire, a want, a burning for success deep inside. To represent my boys, fuel my pain and anger that resides deep inside, the pain and suffering I feel daily, I use the iron to calm it, the platform is my vice. Back at the gym today..Leg day

Box jumps 3 x 10

Back Squat
135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 2
405 x 3 x 5

Front Squat
285 x 3 x 5

Leg extensions (FML)
120 x 3 x 20

Lying leg curls
120 x 3 x 20

dumbbell shrugs ssw/ upright rows
120 x 3 x 10
80 x 3 x 10

Seated front dumbbell raise ssw/ rear delt flye
35 x 3 x 10
40 x 3 x 10

Legs were toast afterwards, all in all great session.

Stay Hungry

Rob

Kowboy
12-09-13, 11:24 pm
Finished up the intro tonight, hopefully it isn't too cheesy. I am still learning and haven't added sound to it yet. Just trying to think of some things I can do to improve some of these videos I see that just seem boring to me.

http://youtu.be/-sggyXy0Pro (as of 11:30 PM EST it has about 3 or 4 hours left to upload)

knotahumanbeing
12-10-13, 10:06 pm
Finished up the intro tonight, hopefully it isn't too cheesy. I am still learning and haven't added sound to it yet. Just trying to think of some things I can do to improve some of these videos I see that just seem boring to me.

http://youtu.be/-sggyXy0Pro (as of 11:30 PM EST it has about 3 or 4 hours left to upload)

Looks great so far man!

I was extremely disappointed in myself that I missed my 3rd bench attempt. 50/50 due to rookie miscues and not strong enough..

Bench
135 x 5
225 x 3
285 x 3 x 5

Bench with 50 lb chains on each side
185 x 3 x 5

Incline bench
275 x 3 x 5

Close grip bench
225 x 3 x 5

Triceps Press down
140 x 3 x 15

Parallel Bar Dips
3 x 10

Stay Hungry. I'm starving....

Kowboy
12-10-13, 11:03 pm
just some glitches I have to work out and add sound etc, some of the layers are acting funny.

You looked strong to me man, you will crush it next time for sure. Now you just have to come show me how to lift...lol

tark
12-11-13, 7:19 pm
Nice looking bench day rob...next meet your gonna smash shit..speaking of that when is ur next meet and where? I need to definitely to try to be there

knotahumanbeing
12-11-13, 9:55 pm
just some glitches I have to work out and add sound etc, some of the layers are acting funny.

You looked strong to me man, you will crush it next time for sure. Now you just have to come show me how to lift...lol
Thanks brother. Just trying to better myself daily. Def man, we will train sometime soon.

Nice looking bench day rob...next meet your gonna smash shit..speaking of that when is ur next meet and where? I need to definitely to try to be there

Thanks, I have to, I was so disappointed in myself. It will be Feb 22..iron mafia' s no regret, no surrender down in Berea ky.

knotahumanbeing
12-11-13, 10:03 pm
Well it's my second favorite day to train. Back.

Pendlay Rows (a version of bent over barbell rows)
135 x 10
275 x 3 x 5

Meadow Rows
135 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell Rows
120 x 3 x 5

Pull ups
3 x 10

Wide grip lat pulldowns
230 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - biceps
Hammer curls
40 x 3 x 10

Preacher curl
85 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell Curl
35 x 3 x 10

Conditioning Ropes
30 sec x 3

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-12-13, 11:09 pm
Not really the best time right now. Seems like a lot just piled up on me at once. I lost my second job, my day job is bleak. Not to mention this will be the 3rd Christmas without my princess since her murder, and I just miss her dearly. Only thing are my boys and my training sessions. I'll be lucky if I can even buy them gifts, something's not gonna get paid. If you pray, I'm asking for your prayers for strength. Not physically, but emotional and spiritual strength.

Oh well, leg day it is.

Box Jumps
4 x 10

Leg Press ssw/ 3" Deficit Romanian Deadlifts (speed work, short rest periods)
1100 x 4 x 5
315 x 2 x 5
405 x 2 x 5

Standing leg curls
140 x 3 x 5

Seated Military press
135 x 10

Seated lateral raises
40 x 3 x 5

Barbell Shrugs
315 x 10
405 x 2 x 5

Palm facing dumbbell shoulder press
75 x 3 x 5

Just trying to stay positive, hold on to faith and persevere through yet another storm.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-15-13, 10:56 pm
Trained chest with my bud Ed

Floor Press
Bar x warm up
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 4 x 5

Wide grip bench press
185 x 5 (just to get a feel)
225 x 5
275 x 2 x 5

135 (each side) x 5
160 (each side) x 3 x 5

Dumbbell flye
80 x 3 x 5

Accessory work -triceps
Bench dip
3 x 20

Incline Overhead Tricep extensions
80 x 3 x 10

Reverse grip press down
140 x 3 x 10

Close grip push up
3 x 10

Battle Ropes
3 x 30 sec

Box Jumps
4 x 10

knotahumanbeing
12-15-13, 11:09 pm
Fuck..go into the gym to pull...do my normal warm up/stretching routine. Go to work on deficit deadlifts, do a couple of warm up sets 135 225 315...ready to start working sets 455...first rep, second rep, third rep blah, something goes wrong in my lower back. I had my music on so I couldn't tell if I heard a pop, but def instant pain. I have it a second, 're strapped my belt, tried again no couldn't happen. Not to be stopped,I stripped 50 off, removed the blocks and figure if I couldn't pull from the floor with 405 something was wrong. I pulled but it was a struggle and hurt like a bitch. I struggled putting the plates away. I don't know what I did wrong but I've been in bed since, with the exception of light errands and picking my son up. It feels better today with a little stiffness but I'm prob gonna take the week off from training unfortunately. I'd rather recover from the injury and have a week off than to injure it further and have to take several weeks off...if anything I'll do body weight work, stretching etc..

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
12-17-13, 11:44 am
Hope you are seeing some improvement by now. Take it SLOW!

knotahumanbeing
12-19-13, 10:31 am
Hope you are seeing some improvement by now. Take it SLOW!

It is feeling a great deal better thanks, a little pain here and there. This week of rest is killing me! I hate not training. Hopefully Monday I'm back and at it...I don't imagine 100%, but good enough to be back in the gym.

knotahumanbeing
12-23-13, 9:30 pm
Back in the gym training tonight after sustaining a lower back injury from deadlifting. It was killing me to be off. However it provided me with time to rest and mentally gather myself. I have some big plans for myself for 2014/15, big totals, heavy weight to move. I was a little adamant about going heavy as I haven't lifted in over a week and as unsure as to how my back would respond. Overall I felt solid, my legs definitely were suffering from the break.

Leg Day.

48 inch box jumps
4 x 5

Squats
Bar x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 2
405 x 3 x 5

Front squats
295 x 3 x 5

Lying leg curls
200 x 3 x 10

Leg extensions
120 x 3 x 20

Dumbbell shrugs
125 x 3 x 10

Seated Military press
195 x 3 x 5

Front dumbbell raise
45 x 3 x 5

Good to be back, I'm still gonna just ease my way back into training.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-24-13, 2:43 pm
Chest day..since my meet, and disappointing myself on my bench, I've been focusing on how to get my bench up. Working my training partner Ed, we've found that due to my long arms, the best is to go with a much wider grip than I've been using. Worked on it today and it's made a world of difference. I also have been focusing on staying tight throughout the movements and maintaining proper arch. I felt good being able to do 315 for reps after restructuring my technique/arch/tightness.

Bench Press
Bar x 10,5
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3 x 5

Incline Bench
295 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell Bench Press
120 x 3 x 5

Incline dumbbell flye
75 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - triceps
Parallel Bar Dips
3 x 12,10,10

Incline overhead extension
80 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry and Merry Christmas brothers.

Rob

tark
12-26-13, 6:29 pm
hope that back hasn't been flaring up rob!! anyway good looking bench day man...it has got to be a pain in the ass with such long arms having to move the bar that far!

knotahumanbeing
12-27-13, 7:43 am
hope that back hasn't been flaring up rob!! anyway good looking bench day man...it has got to be a pain in the ass with such long arms having to move the bar that far!

Yeah it's been pretty good this week. We'll see how deadlifts are tomorrow! Thanks, I'm trying to get it up there with you haha, its far as hell..

knotahumanbeing
12-27-13, 7:50 am
The girlfriend came to train with me last night, something about she likes it? Lol ..Legs and Shoulders. Again after my back injury, a little hesitant for RDL's however, back felt fine. Was short on time last night, I had to get my son to his mom's for a xmas break with her, which is gonna suck.

48" in box jumps
3 x 5,5,6,10

Romanian Deficit Deadlifts
Bar x warm ups
135 x 6
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3 x 5

Leg Press
1200 x 3 x 5

Standing Leg Curl
180 x 3 x 5

Accessory Work - Shoulders
Barbell Shrugs
365 x 6,6,10

Lateral Raises
35 x 6,6,10

Dumbbell Military Press
70 x 3 x 10

Tomorrow will be the first time I've pulled since injuring my back. Heading over to train with Colerain Barbell/RedLegDbell/Sief09 and few others. Looking forward to the deadlift party.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Kowboy
12-27-13, 8:07 am
Nice work man, I need to make it down to lift w/ you guys one of these weekends.

knotahumanbeing
12-27-13, 8:22 am
Nice work man, I need to make it down to lift w/ you guys one of these weekends.

Come on down bro! You're also more than welcome to come train with me as well.

Kowboy
12-27-13, 8:36 am
Come on down bro! You're also more than welcome to come train with me as well.

Hopefully after next week I get some more free time. This 3rd kid changed the game for us lol

knotahumanbeing
12-27-13, 12:22 pm
Hopefully after next week I get some more free time. This 3rd kid changed the game for us lol

Kid's will do that! Well I'm also not opposed to driving up and training with you man! Make room at your gym for when we come up for the Arnold!

Kowboy
12-27-13, 12:27 pm
Kid's will do that! Well I'm also not opposed to driving up and training with you man! Make room at your gym for when we come up for the Arnold!

Hell yeah, you guys are always welcome at my gym as well. Gonna get crazy at the Arnold this year. Screw metro, I will only be there for the ABC.

knotahumanbeing
12-28-13, 6:40 pm
Floor Press
Bar x warm up
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3 x 5

Wide Grip Bench Press with 50lb chains each side
185 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 5

160 each side x 3 x 5

Dumbbell flye
75 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - triceps
Bench dip
3 x 20

Reverse grip press down
180 x 3 x 10

VBar Press down
140 x 3 x 10

Standing calf raises ssw/ single leg calf raise
260 x 3 x 20
3 x 15

Crunches
2 x 40

Planks
3 x 30 seconds

Cardio Acceleration aka animal cruelty
9 x 30 seconds
1 x 60 seconds

knotahumanbeing
12-28-13, 6:47 pm
Got a great night of rest...trained with the guys from Colerain Barbell.

Deadlift Warm up 135,225,315

450 x 7, 10 ,10, 12
Definitely a rep PR with this weight. A lot more volume than what I typically do.

Meadow Rows
135 x 5
90 x 8

Good Mornings
170 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - biceps
Hammer curls
45 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell Curl
45 x 3 x 10

Back was toast today but felt solid.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
12-30-13, 9:12 pm
Feeling good, feeling great, how are you?

48" in Box Jumps
4 x 5

Squats
Bar x warm ups
135 x 5 (paused a few to loosen hips)
225 x 3
315 x 1
435 x 3 x 3

Front squats
315 x 3 x 3

Lying Leg Curls
150 x 3 x 8

Leg Extensions
140 x 3 x 20

Dumbbell Shrugs
125 x 3 x 10

Seated Military Press
205 x 3 x 3,5,5

Front Dumbbell Raise
50 x 3 x 3

Upright Row
135 x 3 x 5

Needless to say my quads and shoulders were torched, so I finished with cardio acceleration battle ropes.

10 rounds x 30 seconds

Hungry...

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
12-31-13, 7:11 am
Sitting in my office all day cranking out daily work for a paycheck. Eight to ten hours a day given to someone else for money. Time in my life that I will never get back. Watching the clock, pushing myself to five. The gym is where I get that time back one set a time. Pushing myself beyond what I thought my limits were. Twenty second sets one after the other that’s time given back to me. This time spent is not for my boys or my corporation or the girl on the cell phone next to me. These minutes are mine. Only I can use this time not to make money to pay my rent, this time is spent paying the dues owed when you push that last forced rep. A minute at a time, each plate, each rep gives me back my life that I give a way to others every day. The sounds of the gym blot out everything from the hours past. The fatigue sickness in my stomach keeps me moving, rep after rep, set after set, minute after minute, telling me I am alive and this my time. When the sets are done and I can give nothing more, it’s time for me to return to the life given to others. I will return the next day to claim the minutes that are mine…this is Animal and it lives inside of me every minute of every day.

tark
12-31-13, 4:36 pm
Got a great night of rest...trained with the guys from Colerain Barbell.

Deadlift Warm up 135,225,315

450 x 7, 10 ,10, 12
Definitely a rep PR with this weight. A lot more volume than what I typically do.

Meadow Rows
135 x 5
90 x 8

Good Mornings
170 x 3 x 5

Accessory work - biceps
Hammer curls
45 x 3 x 10

Seated Dumbbell Curl
45 x 3 x 10

Back was toast today but felt solid.

Stay Hungry

nice work with the rep work with 450..thats solid shit man..glad the back didn't flare up either...hope you have a safe and happy new year brother!!

knotahumanbeing
01-01-14, 3:33 pm
Back day..

Pull ups
3 x 10

Bent over barbell row
315 x 3 x 4

Dumbbell Row
150 x 3 x 3

Wide Grip Lat Pull down
270 x 3 x 3

Reverse Hyper Extension
50 x 3 x 10

Accessory Work- biceps
Hammer Curl
65 x 3 x 3

Preacher curl
135 x 3 x 3

Abs
Double crunch 2 x 20
Leg Throw Down 2 x 12
Barbell Ab Wheel 2 x 10

Cardio acceleration - treadmill
10 rounds x 30 sec x 9 mph

Missing my princess, so I'm headed to the cemetery...

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-01-14, 3:35 pm
nice work with the rep work with 450..thats solid shit man..glad the back didn't flare up either...hope you have a safe and happy new year brother!!

Thanks man! Yeah I'm glad I took time off to let it heal properly. I hope you enjoyed the holidays as well bro!

deanna7272
01-01-14, 8:27 pm
Even though ya brought our boys down, congrats on that Rose Bowl win!!!

knotahumanbeing
01-02-14, 11:31 pm
Bench press
Warm up
135 x 6
185 x 3
225 x 2

Working sets
325 x 2 x 3
335 x 3
345 x 3

Floor Press
330 x 2 x 4
350 x 3

Dumbbell Flye
40 x 3 x 15

Accessory Work - triceps
Dip
2 x 10
Band Press Down
5 x 10
Kickback
50 x 2 x 10

knotahumanbeing
01-04-14, 11:19 pm
Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 2
405 x 2
500 x 2 x 5
550 x 5
600 x 2

Meadow Rows
115 x 3 x 5

Barbell Good Mornings
200 x 3 x 5

Band Lat Pull Downs
75 x 3 x 15

Dumbbell Shrugs
70 x 3 x 25

Bar felt heavy ass hell. But I pulled it out

knotahumanbeing
01-06-14, 8:30 pm
Fuck everything but success, there no reason to hold back in training, in life. Take what is given to you and dominate it, beast it, fucking take over the world.

Leg day

Box Jumps
4 x 5

Squat
Bar
135 x 5
225 x 1
315 x 1
405 x 5
455 x 3
505 x 1
545 x 1 (lifetime PR, no wraps)

Front Squat
275 x 5
315 x 3
325 x 2

Lying leg curls
150 x 3 x 8

Leg extensions
270 x 3 x 5

DB Shrugs
130 x 3 x 10

Seated barbell military press
225 x 3 x 3

Front dumbbell raise
55 x 3 x 5
There's no time for bitch assness here. It's hardcore blood and guts training, all out, no holds barred. Either man up or get out the gym. Shut up and train.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-08-14, 12:10 am
Miserable training session...lifted with the gf at her gym...

Bench
Bar x warm up
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 5
345 x 3
405 missed...so fucking pissed off, why can't I get this...I wasn't set right, no proper hand off, horrible bench, just frustrated.

Incline Bench Press
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3

Dumbbell Bench Press
75 x 3 x 12

Accessory work - triceps
Overhead Incline Extension
70 x 3 x 10

Bench dip
3 x 20

VBar Press down
200 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

Kowboy
01-08-14, 8:55 am
Nice work and the PR on squats. You will get 405, I know it. You are strong as hell, you will probably get it when you dont feel like you can.

knotahumanbeing
01-08-14, 1:55 pm
Nice work and the PR on squats. You will get 405, I know it. You are strong as hell, you will probably get it when you dont feel like you can.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mark, 405 is my damn kryptonite. I gotta get it

knotahumanbeing
01-09-14, 11:35 pm
Missed back yesterday bc my oldest had basketball practice...decided to continue onward with my schedule and hit legs.

Box Jumps
4 x 5

Box Squats w/ 75 lb chain on each side
135 x 3
225 x 5
315 x 3 x 3

Deficit Romanian Deadlift w/ 75 lb chains on side
315 x 4 x 3

Standing Leg Curl
160 x 3 x 5

Leg Press
1200 x 5
1300 x 2 x 3

Barbell Shrugs
315 x 3 x 10

Lateral side raise
30 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
01-10-14, 11:53 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence Mark, 405 is my damn kryptonite. I gotta get it

You might have it in you already Rob. You made a huge jump there though. To many heavy reps and that 60lb jump might have done you in. You know you'll get it soon!

Kowboy
01-10-14, 1:05 pm
I am not worried at all for you, just gotta relax and know you have it. It is already close.

tark
01-11-14, 11:50 am
don't let that 405 fuck with your head brother...like steve said I bet you already got that shit in you...next time you go to battle with it fuck that shit up!! by the way 600 for doubles on your pulls and 545 with no wraps?? your a fucking monster man!! keep up the solid work

knotahumanbeing
01-13-14, 7:33 am
Bench Press w/ 50 lbs chains each side
135 x 2
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
265 x 3
315 x 2

Floor Press
315 x 3 x 4

Dumbbell Flye
80 x 3 x 5

180 each side x 3 x 5

Parallel Bar Dip
3 x 10

knotahumanbeing
01-13-14, 7:38 am
Deadlift
Deficit no Belt
Bar
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1
added belt, no deficit
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 1

Good Mornings
185 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell Rows
130 x 3 x 8
150 x 2 x 5

Lat Pulldowns
250 x 3 x 10

Accessory Work - Biceps
Seated Dumbbell Curls
50 x 3 x 10

Hammer Curls
50 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-14-14, 8:12 am
I considered taking the week off, to give my body rest but I realized that I can't take the week off. I've got work to do, I haven't earned a week of rest off. I haven't worked hard enough to rest. If I want to be successful like I say I do, then I've got to work for it. EARNED.NEVER GIVEN. So deload week it is, reps of 10 across the board. Legs and shoulders today.

Never be satisfied with what you achieve, because it all pales in comparison with what you are capable of doing in the future.

Box Jumps
4x5

Squat
bar x 5
135 x 2
225 x 3 x 10

Front Squat
225 x 3 x 10

Standing Leg Curl
110 x 3 x 10

Leg Extensions
120 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell Shrugs
130 x 3 x 10

Seated Military Barbell Press
135 x 3 x 10

Front Dumbbell Raise
30 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
01-14-14, 10:20 am
Deloading is really important. Glad your giving yourself a little active rest.

knotahumanbeing
01-14-14, 8:06 pm
Bench press
Bar x warm up
135 x 3
225 x 3 x 10 (pause reps mixed in)

Incline Bench
185 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell bench press
75 x 3 x 10

Accessory Work - triceps
Vbar press down
280 x 3 x 10

Incline over head dumbbell extension ssw/ bench dips
80 x 3 x 10
3 x 10

Weighted standing Calf raises
300 x 3 x 10
Ssw/
Single leg calf raise ssw/double calf raise
12 each leg x 3
20 both legs x 3

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-17-14, 7:34 am
I've been using Animal Stak for the past 14 days and have gained about 8 lbs, so I'm up to 274 lbs now. After next the completion of this Stak, I will attempt to cycle with M-Stak, if I can afford it. Shit maybe I should tryout for the Bengals LOL. I've been noticing that I'm getting stronger, muscles are definitely growing. Next week and all the weeks preceding up my next meet I will most likely train with the guys at CBB.

Pullups 15, 8, 8

Bent-over Barbell Row
225 x 3 x 10

Meadow Rows
90 x 3 x 10

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
185 x 3 x 10

Reverse Hyper Extension
50 x 3 x 10

Face Pull
96 x 10
108 x 2 x 10

Accessory Work - biceps
Preacher Curl
75 x 3 x 10

Concentration Curl
40 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
01-17-14, 9:35 am
I've been using Animal Stak for the past 14 days and have gained about 8 lbs, so I'm up to 274 lbs now. After next the completion of this Stak, I will attempt to cycle with M-Stak, if I can afford it. Shit maybe I should tryout for the Bengals LOL. I've been noticing that I'm getting stronger, muscles are definitely growing. Next week and all the weeks preceding up my next meet I will most likely train with the guys at CBB.

Pullups 15, 8, 8

Stay Hungry
Rob

That's some legit work! You hit 15 pull ups in one set? Dang haha
Going to be a good month of training over at CBB. I think Luke has his last wrestling tournament next Saturday so we'll be doing our heavy deads and explosive paused squats at about 6pm on the 25th. At least that's the plan right now. After that we should be back to a consistent time of 11am on Saturdays.

knotahumanbeing
01-17-14, 10:35 pm
Had an extremely bad finish to my day. Pissed and raging beyond belief..luckily I was heading to train anyways. I'm now finding that if I eat an hour before my training sessions,I have more energy. I use to always train on and empty stomach so that I wouldn't feel weighed down or sluggish.

Box Jumps
4x5

Box squats w/ 75 lb chains on each side
Bar x 3
135 x 10
225 x 4 x 10

Deficit Romanian Deadlifts w/ 50 lb chains on each side
225 x 3 x 10

Leg Press
900 x 3 x 10

Lying leg curls
120 x 3 x 10

Lateral raise ssw/ upright rows
25 x 3 x 10
70 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-18-14, 1:12 pm
Bench Press w/ 50 lb chains on each side (pause reps mixed in)
Bar x 5
90 x 3
135 x 10
185 x 3 x 10

Incline dumbbell press
60 x 12
70 x 3 x 10

Floor Press
225 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell flye
55 x 3 x 10

Accessory work- triceps
Press down
55 x 3 x 10

Parallel Bar Dips
24 lbs of chains on my neck x 2 x 5
50 lbs of chains on my neck x 5

Cardio Acceleration
Battle Ropes
5 rounds x 30 seconds
H.I.I.T.
9.0 mph x 5 rounds x 30 seconds

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
01-20-14, 10:00 pm
Back to work..Last training cycle before my next meet. After this, I plan on completely redesigning my training/cardio to prepare for a meet in June.

You can't spell legendary without LEG Day.

Box Jumps
4x5

Squats
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 2
455 x 3 x 5 (a little high on them, but speed felt great. Started dying by the 3rd working set)

Front Squats
275 x 3 x 5

Standing Leg Curls
160 x 3 x 5

Leg Extensions
180 x 3 x 5

Seated Military Barbell Press ssw/ dumbbell Shrugs
205 x 3 x 5
150 x 3 x 10

Front Dumbell Raise
50 x 3 x 5

Overall solid session. I'll bench and pull with the guys from CBB this week.

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
01-21-14, 10:03 pm
Back to work..Last training cycle before my next meet. After this, I plan on completely redesigning my training/cardio to prepare for a meet in June.

You can't spell legendary without LEG Day.

Box Jumps
4x5

Squats
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 2
455 x 3 x 5 (a little high on them, but speed felt great. Started dying by the 3rd working set)

Front Squats
275 x 3 x 5

Standing Leg Curls
160 x 3 x 5

Leg Extensions
180 x 3 x 5

Seated Military Barbell Press ssw/ dumbbell Shrugs
205 x 3 x 5
150 x 3 x 10

Front Dumbell Raise
50 x 3 x 5

Overall solid session. I'll bench and pull with the guys from CBB this week.

Stay Hungry
Rob

good shit rob with you squat work....you boys down at cbb are killing shit!

knotahumanbeing
01-21-14, 10:17 pm
Awesome friggin' session today. Back day, felt amazing. I'm five weeks out from my next meet. I'm hitting deadlift movements twice a week.

Pullups
3 x 10

Bent-over rows
275 x 3 x 5

Block Deadlift pulls (beltless)- these felt really good. Felt strong because I didn't wear a belt. Video below.
135 x 2
225 x 1
315 x 1
405 x 3 x 5
455 x 3 x 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6zT5B3bSc&list=UUWz6Dyn1OjVDqbFzqi-UdOQ&feature=c4-overview

Meadow Rows
135 x 3 x 5

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
270 x 3 x 5

Accessory Work - Biceps
Hammer Curls
65 x 3 x 5

Seated DB Curls
60 x 3 x 5

knotahumanbeing
01-21-14, 10:19 pm
good shit rob with you squat work....you boys down at cbb are killing shit!

Thanks brother..your pulls are looking good up there at pacifico!

tark
01-21-14, 10:33 pm
Thanks brother..your pulls are looking good up there at pacifico!

thank you sir!!...you know how it is just trying to better myself day in and day out

knotahumanbeing
01-23-14, 8:34 am
Things got switched around, so we had to train chest last night. Lifted with Colerain Barbell..Not a high session like i normally do, but got the most important aspect squared, heavy chest.

Bench -
Bar
135 x 2
185 x 2
225 x 2
245 x 2
315 x 1
345 x 2 x 4 (first set were command presses and did those suck ass)
decided to go up for some singles
wanted to go up 5 more lbs but at the advice of my training partners, dialed it down since there already so much volume. Don't know exactly why I did so much warm up reps, but I did.

Overall felt solid, guys said that my speed off my chest was explosive, just the top end to lockout is where I slowed up.

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
01-23-14, 10:28 pm
Second leg session. I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it's egotistical, but I have it in me.

48" Box Jumps
4 x 5

Box Squats w/ 75 lbs chains
Bar
315 x 4 x 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-xicJQtZPo&list=UUWz6Dyn1OjVDqbFzqi-UdOQ&feature=c4-overview

Deficit Romanian Deadlifts
405 x 3 x 5

Leg Press
1200 x 3 x 5

Lumberjack Press (I missed these) ssw/ Lateral Raises
90 x 3 x 5
40 x 3 x 5

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
01-24-14, 12:40 am
Unless you feel awful on meet day there's absolutely no way you'll miss 405 Rob! To do as many reps as you did before you switched to singles and still hit 385...there's a lot of power there. Jimmy made a suggestion to me a couple of months ago that helped me kind of break down and strengthen my press. Well work on that a little next week too in case it's something you think might help you.

knotahumanbeing
01-25-14, 5:46 pm
Solid session today, trained with Jimmy Luke and Steve..

Deadlift
Bar
500 x 3 x 5 (second set did pause reps at the bottom, instead of touch and go's)
525 x 5
Felt great so pulled from a deficit with 2 boards
500 x 7
Added another board
525 x 3
Kroc Rows
70 x 3 x 20
Band Face Pulls
3 x 20

Incredible amount of volume, I felt strong as fuck. I'm so hungry. Happy with today's session.

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
01-25-14, 8:01 pm

Deadlift
Bar
500 x 3 x 5 (second set did pause reps at the bottom, instead of touch and go's)
525 x 5
500 x 7
Added another board
525 x 3
Kroc Rows
70 x 3 x 20
Band Face Pulls
3 x 20

Incredible amount of volume, I felt strong as fuck. I'm so hungry. Happy with today's session.

Stay Hungry
Rob

great work with your pulls rob...looking strong as fuck!! makes my 500x3 look like pussy shit...

RedlegDbell
01-26-14, 12:23 am

Deadlift
Bar
525 x 5
500 x 7
Added another board
525 x 3
Kroc Rows
70 x 3 x 20
Band Face Pulls
3 x 20

Stay Hungry
Rob
I hate to break it to you man but the sets you have in here as 525lbs were actually 550 lol. That elite total Higa yours man!

tark
01-26-14, 9:01 pm
I hate to break it to you man but the sets you have in here as 525lbs were actually 550 lol. That elite total Higa yours man!

sweet mother of god...how in THE HELL do you confuse 525 with 550 hahahahahah

knotahumanbeing
01-26-14, 9:16 pm

sweet mother of god...how in THE HELL do you confuse 525 with 550 hahahahahah

LoL well uhm, damn 550? It felt light, so that's why I thought it was 525!

tark
01-26-14, 9:24 pm
LoL well uhm, damn 550? It felt light, so that's why I thought it was 525!
;
hahahha its you damn Michigan state guys...need help counting ;)

knotahumanbeing
01-27-14, 10:41 pm
I just knew in my head today I was dumbbell going for PR's. I knew I was gonna get this fucking weight.I decided to err on the side of caution and wrap my knees..first time wrapping them myself. I watched Brandon on YouTube instruct how to wrap then the iron mafia way. I did a pretty damn good job if I do say so myself.

Squat
Bar
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 1
475 x 3 (belt and wraps) felt too easy
495 x 2 x 3 (blew this shit up, my spotter said I was extremely explosive and hit below depth, definitely felt good)

Front Squat
315 x 3 x 3

Lying Leg Curls
150 x 3 x 5

Leg extensions
200 x 3 x 5

Seated Military Barbell Press ssw/ dumbbell shrugs
225 x 3 x 3
150 x 3 x 10

Front dumbbell raise
60 x 3 x 3

Amazing session, extremely pumped.. let's go

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
01-27-14, 10:50 pm
Crushing it as usual Rob. Nice work on the squats and wrapping your own knees. I think it's important for everyone to be able to do this on their own since there's no guarantee that you'll always have someone available to wrap them for you. (HEAR THAT BRANDON MCBEE!!) LOL

knotahumanbeing
01-28-14, 8:30 am
Crushing it as usual Rob. Nice work on the squats and wrapping your own knees. I think it's important for everyone to be able to do this on their own since there's no guarantee that you'll always have someone available to wrap them for you. (HEAR THAT BRANDON MCBEE!!) LOL

Thanks man..JUst doing my best...Yeah it helped watching the vid prior and then playing with it a little bit.

Kowboy
01-28-14, 9:45 am
Nice work man, fucking crushing the weights man. Nice work.

knotahumanbeing
01-28-14, 11:02 am
Nice work man, fucking crushing the weights man. Nice work.

Thanks bro. I see you over doing work too..YOu ready to hit that 500 pull next month?

Kowboy
01-28-14, 12:08 pm
Thanks bro. I see you over doing work too..YOu ready to hit that 500 pull next month?

We will see where i am at, I am sitting at about 225 and haven't been able to do a lot of deadlift work. I think w/ the right atmosphere I can get it....maybe lol.

RedlegDbell
01-28-14, 12:27 pm
We will see where i am at, I am sitting at about 225 and haven't been able to do a lot of deadlift work. I think w/ the right atmosphere I can get it....maybe lol.

You'll get it. We'll sneak a bottle of fresh nose tork in your face as you're getting ready to do it lol

Kowboy
01-28-14, 12:46 pm
HA lol that may work, I am just glad I lost the weight. I hope to pull 600 by 2015!

knotahumanbeing
01-28-14, 1:18 pm
HA lol that may work, I am just glad I lost the weight. I hope to pull 600 by 2015!

Nose tork and a huge slap on the back from me, ha ha. We'll pump you up bro! You got it!

knotahumanbeing
01-30-14, 8:58 pm
Turn your weakness into aggression. Do whatever it takes to win. Then get ready for the next battle. - Jonathan T Gilliam

I'm the one you should fear...tonight, fucked shit up. Pissed off and angry.

Block deadlift pulls
Warm up - bar, 135,225,315,405
500 x 3 x 3
550 x 3 x 3
600 x 2 x 1

Meadow Rows
180 x 3 x 3

Wide Grip lat pull down
290 x 3 x 3

Dumbbell Row
130 x 5
150 x 2 x 7

Seated close grip cable row
280 x 5
300 x 2 x 3

Seated bicep curls
60 x 3 x 5

Stay Hungry, still pissed, not satisfied.
Rob

Nattypower
01-30-14, 9:10 pm
great journal brother, thanks for sharing your journey I'll be following along!

RedlegDbell
01-30-14, 9:28 pm
Sorry we missed you for bench night Rob. Hope you can still make it over this Saturday.

knotahumanbeing
01-30-14, 10:53 pm
Sorry we missed you for bench night Rob. Hope you can still make it over this Saturday.

Yeah man, sucked I couldn't make it...yeah I should be there, will be prob be late bc I have church

knotahumanbeing
01-30-14, 10:54 pm
great journal brother, thanks for sharing your journey I'll be following along!

Thanks for following man, I'm just another average man trying to do extraordinary things with my life

knotahumanbeing
01-31-14, 1:55 pm
Because I missed bench on Wednesday with CBB..I got a quick lunchtime session in. My new job has a gym here. Nothing spectacular but for all intents and purposes, I got a little session in.

Bench
Warmup - bar, 135, 225,315
335 x 3 x3

Incline Bench
295 x 3 x 3

Dumbbell bench
80 x 3 x 12

Dumbbell Flye
60 x 3 x 12

Parallel Bar Dip
3 x 10

Nothing too exciting but with limited/subpar equipment and no spotters. I did what I could.

Tonight I'll hit my second leg sesion of the week once I get off and I get my boys home.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-01-14, 12:13 am
I was pretty toasted from just a long ass day and training earlier, but to be great you have to train great...

Box Squats w 150lbs chains
Warm up
Bar,135, 225,315
365 x 4 x 3 on the 4th set lost footing slightly and back tightened up quickly. Had to instantly roll on some pvc pipe to get the tightness out

Deficit Romanian deadlift
455 x 3 x 5

I called it on legs here, back was already fried from yesterday, and tomorrow I own on destroying some shit when we pull heavy at CBB.

Shoulders were on fire from today's first session so I only hit shoulders once tonight.

Lateral raises drop set
40 x 3 x 5
25 x 3 x 5

Fatigue definitely began to set in and I didn't want to risk injuring myself, being only a few weeks out from my meet...

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-03-14, 8:49 am
Went to train with CBB..Brandon, Luke, Jimmy, and Steve...Was gonna pull heavy, but my body and hands weren't having it. The pure volume I did in three days definitely pushed my body. Started warming up and trying to get lose, but as the plates started to add up, it felt heavy. The bar was drifting away and just pure shit. Completed one working set, and the second barely could get off the ground. I mentally want to keep going and keep training, but I believe my body is telling me to dial it down for the next couple of days. The guys agreed as well. I may just go into the gym to do some cardio and body weight shit, because I can't stay away. I'll get back at it on Wednesday or Thursday..do some heavy singles and deload next week to prepare for the meet.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Malloy1344
02-03-14, 9:48 am
Went to train with CBB..Brandon, Luke, Jimmy, and Steve...Was gonna pull heavy, but my body and hands weren't having it. The pure volume I did in three days definitely pushed my body. Started warming up and trying to get lose, but as the plates started to add up, it felt heavy. The bar was drifting away and just pure shit. Completed one working set, and the second barely could get off the ground. I mentally want to keep going and keep training, but I believe my body is telling me to dial it down for the next couple of days. The guys agreed as well. I may just go into the gym to do some cardio and body weight shit, because I can't stay away. I'll get back at it on Wednesday or Thursday..do some heavy singles and deload next week to prepare for the meet.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Killer journey man, i did a quick read through. Moving big weights. Take that rest, your body is no good if its worn down and beaten down.... Were all in a marathon, time is something we have on our side.

knotahumanbeing
02-06-14, 10:00 pm
Since I took off the past couple of days,I decided it would be fun to get sick, you know for shits and giggles. Well tonight met up with Luke Jimmy Steve and Brandon to hit singles up to my possible openers for bench and squat.

Bench
Bar
225 x 3 x 1
395 failed
395 grinded out PR
400 failed

Squat
Bar

I got sick in the middle of warming up for squat, but came back and nailed it...I'll post vids up later..

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
02-06-14, 10:21 pm
You did a great job grinding out the session tonight Rob. Didn't realize how under the weather you were until you wrapped up the squats. Hope you are able to test up and recover for deads Saturday morning. Going to be a fun session!

knotahumanbeing
02-08-14, 6:51 pm
Welp, two weeks to go until No Regret, No Surrender...last heavy pull and it felt great...cbb - Steve Luke and Brandon, we all murdered it. I did doubles all the way up to 600 and then a single.

Deadlift
Bar x 15
135 x 2
225 x 2
315 x 2
405 x 2
455 x 2
505 or 510 I can't remember x 2
600 x 2
650 x 1

I'm ready, go time. Current bw is 271, I may sit here or drop to 265, just bc..all next week Deload, extremely light weight and stay loose. I appreciate everyone's advice and support. It means a lot to be apart of this brotherhood, my success so far and my future endeavors in to the powerlifting world would not be possible without all of you and of course especially Animal. I'm grateful and blessed to be able to do something I love.

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
02-09-14, 12:41 am
So pumped to have you in the crew man. Going to be a blast at that meet.

knotahumanbeing
02-10-14, 9:32 pm
Well well well, it's countdown to the meet..a Deload week, not a lot of exercises, nor weight, just enough to keep the blood flowing...I'm so excited, you'd think I'd be competing in my first meet. I guess that's how I should approach my meets every time; likes it's my first meet. That mindset would never let me get complacent, always striving to walk up and destroy it as if I've never done it. Mind focused on the lift and not the weight. I think I'm just pumped for the numbers and attempts I'm going for.

Squats
225 x 4 x 10

Front Squat
225 x 3 x 10

Shoulders
Dumbbell Shrugs
120 x 15, 12, 10

Seated Military Press
135 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-11-14, 9:28 pm
Bench press
Bar
225 x 3 x 10 (mixed in pause reps and 1" in pause reps)

Decline press Hammer Strength
90 each side x 3 x 10

Triceps
Overhead Incline dumbbell extension
80 x 3 x 10

Parallel bar dips
3 x 10

Crunches

Hanging knee raises
3 x 15

Calf raises
240 x 3 x 15

stay hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-12-14, 11:27 pm
This may or may not be my last day training for the week...I'm not sure yet, again a light session nothing too much.

Back
Inboard pull ups
16, 10
Outboard pull up

Dumbbell rows
120 x 3 x 10

Biceps
Hammer dumbbell curls
45 x 3 x 10

Concentration curls
35 x 3 x 10

Abs
Leg Throw Down
3 x 15

Double crunch
3 x 12

After the gym I went to my men's group. I joined last spring and it's been instrumental in helping me grow as a father and a man, spiritually, and career wise. All of the men are successful, experienced like minded individuals, who are all on some type of journey. I've missed a couple weeks bc of weather, my oldest sons basketball, or they've been busy, but it was really great to be back. I'm pumped and excited for next week. I'm like a little kid at Christmas.

Stay Hungry
Rob
d

knotahumanbeing
02-14-14, 10:32 pm
Couldn't stay away, so I hit a quick conditioning session...one week to go until my meet. So hungry and extremely ready to step up again.

Prowler sled push
90 x 16(down and back =1)

Farmers walk shrugs
90 x 3 x 10

Barbell ab roll out
3 x 10

Planks
3 x 30

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-17-14, 11:07 am
AAGGHH. SO friggin' pumped and motivated. I can't wait until saturday. Back on the platform. This is what I live for, I am beyond excited, and beyond elated to be able to do what I love. I just want to lift now. I'll do light stuff until Wednesday, then rest and eat. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am 269lbs, no need to worry about weight cut for me! Ha Ha. Aww man I'm happy.

STAY HUNGRY
ROB

RedlegDbell
02-17-14, 5:39 pm
AAGGHH. SO friggin' pumped and motivated. I can't wait until saturday. Back on the platform. This is what I live for, I am beyond excited, and beyond elated to be able to do what I love. I just want to lift now. I'll do light stuff until Wednesday, then rest and eat. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am 269lbs, no need to worry about weight cut for me! Ha Ha. Aww man I'm happy.

STAY HUNGRY
ROB

This is how the whole crew feels haha. Even Mike can't wait to smack some people.

knotahumanbeing
02-17-14, 9:59 pm
Was kinda blind going into the gym since, I'm not doing any full sessions but I decided to go through S B D, and then hit every accessory. Got a solid session in.

Squat
135 x 5 - 5 second pauses at the bottom
225 x 5 - speed explosions
225 x 10

Deadlift
225 x 3 x 10

Bench
225 x 5, went on to do a second set and felt something un comfortable in my right wrist so I immediately stopped.

Dumbbell Shrugs
130 x 3 x 10

Hammer Curls
50 x 3 x 10

Parallel Bar Dips
3 x 10

Crunches

Hanging knee raises
2 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-20-14, 6:24 am
Just a few days out now and I really can't stay away, I just wanna lift so badly. Pretty much hit some cardio and that's about it

10 min treadmill - light jog incline blah blah blah
5 x 30 sec battle ropes
1000m in 5 min row machine
50lb chain good mornings 3 x 10

It's Showtime, time to relax, eat stretch and stay mentally focused and prepared. This is what I've trained for this is what I live for. Time show myself again, what I'm really made of.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
02-23-14, 12:06 pm
So yesterday, competed in my 2nd meet. My intentions were to definitely go big or go home... I set some PR's and didn't have things go to plan on some aspects... happy with part and no so happy on others.

Squat
530 opener...easy pretty deep
560 smooth and shot up -PR
600 went too deep and started to fall forward a little and couldn't recover

Bench
375 - they incorrectly added the weight, my opener was suppose to be 365 but whatever
385 - failed and rushed it and this was heart breaking. My bench is by far my kryptonite, I was so disappointed in myself and couldn't muster it to do a 3rd attempt so I passed on it.

Had to mentally get in the game for deadlift.

Deadlift
650 -opener..smooth, hips shot up but nailed it
685 -PR - definitely felt good and was like why the fuck not go for it
700 - PR - this was a fucking grinder but I nailed it, I fucking for my 700 pull... this definitely made up for my missed bench...

I came in 2nd place in the 275 class, but it was to Mark Miller, and if I'm gonna get my ass kicked, it's worth getting to compete next to this monster of a man...

It was a great meet, shout out to SPF, iron mafia and Brandon Lilly for throwing a great meet...a week of rest then the Arnold and back to work.

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
02-23-14, 3:33 pm
So yesterday, competed in my 2nd meet. My intentions were to definitely go big or go home... I set some PR's and didn't have things go to plan on some aspects... happy with part and no so happy on others.

Squat
530 opener...easy pretty deep
560 smooth and shot up -PR
600 went too deep and started to fall forward a little and couldn't recover

Bench
375 - they incorrectly added the weight, my opener was suppose to be 365 but whatever
385 - failed and rushed it and this was heart breaking. My bench is by far my kryptonite, I was so disappointed in myself and couldn't muster it to do a 3rd attempt so I passed on it.

Had to mentally get in the game for deadlift.

Deadlift
650 -opener..smooth, hips shot up but nailed it
685 -PR - definitely felt good and was like why the fuck not go for it
700 - PR - this was a fucking grinder but I nailed it, I fucking for my 700 pull... this definitely made up for my missed bench...

I came in 2nd place in the 275 class, but it was to Mark Miller, and if I'm gonna get my ass kicked, it's worth getting to compete next to this monster of a man...

It was a great meet, shout out to SPF, iron mafia and Brandon Lilly for throwing a great meet...a week of rest then the Arnold and back to work.

Stay Hungry
Rob

You had a pretty great day. No shame in getting beat by a guy that totals 2000. Big things ahead for you on the platform!

knotahumanbeing
03-03-14, 12:13 pm
Wow....what an amazing weekend. It was an incredible opportunity that I can't thank Animal enough for. Not only to have had the opportunity to intern and help out with the cage with in itself was amazing, but the opportunity to step foot center stage. Naturalguy, J-dawg thank you thank you thank you. Being able to meet and see all the athletes in itself was incredible. I truly have posters in my room of these guys and then to be sitting next to them, watching them lift in person was just an incredible opportunity.

P Diesel and Garrett, I can't tell you guys how much I enjoyed being able to talk with you and learn from you two in person, truly a blessing to be able to have you guys encourage me, provide me with advice and just to be able to talk and joke throughout the weekend. Just an honor. Training with Garrett Saturday night at the National ABC, I hit a grind of a fucking 405 PR. I've gone back to the drawing board and I've got some work to do.

Being able to step up and lift in the Pro's vs Bro's event I can say was prob the most rewarding thing I've ever done (besides becoming a father). I said I was gonna do 315 x 50. Nervousness and excitement, jitters started kicking in. I didn't want to let anyone down, you all provided me with an amazing opportunity and I just wanted to be able to go up there and make everyone proud. P ended up not competing due to his back, I understand, but next time, he and I are going head to head. P came over to talk to me shortly before I pulled, it definitely helped me focus and calmed me down mentally. I didn't reach my 50 reps, but i hit 45 reps at 325 lbs (collars weighed 5 lbs each) and boy did it suck afterwards, I definitely felt like puking and could barely walk.

Animal/Universal Nutrition, J-Dawg, Naturalguy1, G-Diesel, P, Garrett, all the athletes. Thank you again so very much for the opportunity this past weekend. Truly a blessing and an honor to have been apart of The Cage.

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-03-14, 8:35 pm
Wow....what an amazing weekend. It was an incredible opportunity that I can't thank Animal enough for. Not only to have had the opportunity to intern and help out with the cage with in itself was amazing, but the opportunity to step foot center stage. Naturalguy, J-dawg thank you thank you thank you. Being able to meet and see all the athletes in itself was incredible. I truly have posters in my room of these guys and then to be sitting next to them, watching them lift in person was just an incredible opportunity.

P Diesel and Garrett, I can't tell you guys how much I enjoyed being able to talk with you and learn from you two in person, truly a blessing to be able to have you guys encourage me, provide me with advice and just to be able to talk and joke throughout the weekend. Just an honor. Training with Garrett Saturday night at the National ABC, I hit a grind of a fucking 405 PR. I've gone back to the drawing board and I've got some work to do.

Being able to step up and lift in the Pro's vs Bro's event I can say was prob the most rewarding thing I've ever done (besides becoming a father). I said I was gonna do 315 x 50. Nervousness and excitement, jitters started kicking in. I didn't want to let anyone down, you all provided me with an amazing opportunity and I just wanted to be able to go up there and make everyone proud. P ended up not competing due to his back, I understand, but next time, he and I are going head to head. P came over to talk to me shortly before I pulled, it definitely helped me focus and calmed me down mentally. I didn't reach my 50 reps, but i hit 45 reps at 325 lbs (collars weighed 5 lbs each) and boy did it suck afterwards, I definitely felt like puking and could barely walk.

Animal/Universal Nutrition, J-Dawg, Naturalguy1, G-Diesel, P, Garrett, all the athletes. Thank you again so very much for the opportunity this past weekend. Truly a blessing and an honor to have been apart of The Cage.

Stay Hungry
Rob

fucking monster brother...like I said I need to come down and train with you and the Colerain barbell crew!!

knotahumanbeing
03-03-14, 10:36 pm
fucking monster brother...like I said I need to come down and train with you and the Colerain barbell crew!!

Anytime brother, just come on down

knotahumanbeing
03-03-14, 10:51 pm
As incredibly sore as I am, I gotta get back to work. Originally my next meet was to be SPF national championships in June, but after talking with Mr Denison from iron rebel power gear, I am going to compete in the USPA Midwest Regional Championships 3 May. This puts me at right about 8 weeks out from the meet. I've taken a lot of the advice I received from Garrett this weekend and I'm reformatting my training..eliminating the dirty, pushing forward with the clean...

I'm going to pair chest and back together this next training cycle. Monday heavy Chest/Rep back

I didn't do any back tonight bc mine is still on fire from yesterday, but I still hit chest. I did some pvc pipe rolling to loosen my back and hams up. I was able to finally pick up some quality wrist wraps this weekend at the Arnold. The iron rebel power gear outlaw wraps are by far the most comfortable yet stiffest wrist wraps I've used to date and they can crank down like no other.

Bench
Warm up x bar, 135,225, 315
345 x 3
335 x 2 x 3

Incline Bench
275 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell bench
120 x 3 x 5

I'll fully get back into training sessions this week and really focusing on my bench over this next training cycle, the fun is over, the lights are off and it's time to eat again. The next level is here for the taking and I'm ready to take it.

Stay Hungry
Rob

Kowboy
03-04-14, 10:02 am
Very impressive weekend man, you sir are a monster. I was back at it at 0600 today and man I could feel the tightness. Oh well, the guys I want to beat out there and there ain't no rest for the wicked

tark
03-04-14, 9:22 pm
Anytime brother, just come on down

I need to get your number..ill send you a pm with mine

tark
03-04-14, 9:24 pm
really looking forward to seeing where you take your bench after getting some advice from garrett

knotahumanbeing
03-04-14, 11:19 pm
Very impressive weekend man, you sir are a monster. I was back at it at 0600 today and man I could feel the tightness. Oh well, the guys I want to beat out there and there ain't no rest for the wicked
You're so right brother...time to kick ass

I need to get your number..ill send you a pm with mine

Sounds good

knotahumanbeing
03-04-14, 11:33 pm
Well, I'm so grateful, today I talked with TigerFitness.com after placing my order for the all out animal stack they offer. I support them bc theyre a local company andd I can get my animal products usually same day. Well tonight they offered me a mini sponsorship, I was concerned bc I love animal so much, im apart of this because it's more than just a brand it's a lifestyle, it's a belief, it's a foundation of who I am. TigerFitness is so amazing, they offered me the option to use and still support Universal/Animal. So with that being said I am now a sponsored Tiger Fitness athlete, it really is a blessing to have someone put their faith into me and what I love doing.

Well before all of this happened,I did get a training session in. Tuesday's are now arm days since I have restructured my training days. Biceps and triceps are super setted.

Barbell curl ssw/ skull crusher
95 x 3 x 10
75 x 3 x 10

Hammer Curls ssw/ bench dip
40 x 3 x 10
3 x 15

Seated Dumbbell Curl ssw/ incline tricep ext
40 x 3 x 10
75 x 3 x 10

Concentration curl ssw/ kickback
40 x 3 x 10
30 x 3 x 10

Animal Cruelty aka cardio acceleration
9.0 mph x 7 x 30 seconds

Today was an amazing day, awesome training session...I'm so honored...it's time to do work.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-06-14, 8:41 am
Squat
Warm up x Bar 135 225 315
455 x 3 x 5

Front Squat
275 x 3 x 5

Standing Leg Curls
270 x 3 x 5

Shoulders
Seated Military Press ssw/ Dumbbell Shrugs
185 x 3 x 5
130 x 3 x 10

Lumberjack Press
75 x 3 x 5

Cardio Acceleration - Battle Ropes
30 sec x 5 rounds

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-06-14, 7:34 pm
Well, I'm so grateful, today I talked with TigerFitness.com after placing my order for the all out animal stack they offer. I support them bc theyre a local company andd I can get my animal products usually same day. Well tonight they offered me a mini sponsorship, I was concerned bc I love animal so much, im apart of this because it's more than just a brand it's a lifestyle, it's a belief, it's a foundation of who I am. TigerFitness is so amazing, they offered me the option to use and still support Universal/Animal. So with that being said I am now a sponsored Tiger Fitness athlete, it really is a blessing to have someone put their faith into me and what I love doing.

Well before all of this happened,I did get a training session in. Tuesday's are now arm days since I have restructured my training days. Biceps and triceps are super setted.

95 x 3 x 10
75 x 3 x 10

Hammer Curls ssw/ bench dip
40 x 3 x 10
3 x 15

Seated Dumbbell Curl ssw/ incline tricep ext
40 x 3 x 10
75 x 3 x 10

Concentration curl ssw/ kickback
40 x 3 x 10
30 x 3 x 10

Animal Cruelty aka cardio acceleration
9.0 mph x 7 x 30 seconds

Today was an amazing day, awesome training session...I'm so honored...it's time to do work.

Stay Hungry
Rob

that's awesome rob that you got that sponsorship...just let that add fuel to the fire and take your lifting to the next level!

knotahumanbeing
03-07-14, 11:44 pm
So I've still been playing with the training scheme for my next cycle and taking in what Garrett shared with me at the national ABC, I'm changing my 2nd bench day to reps instead of going heavy on both days. I think I've find the perfect 4-5 day split that I'll start on Monday, I'm piecing in different methods for legs and for bench to combine into one killer 7/8 week session. Tonight's training was incredible,I had a lot of energy and focus and added swagger to the session, had my headphones in and went at it until they turned the lights off.

Bench
Warm-up x bar, 135
225 x 3 x 8

Decline Hammer Strength press
115 each side x 3 x 8

Deadlift
Warm-up x bar 135 225 315 405
505 x 3 x 5

Barbell Good morning
135 x 3 x 10

Wide Grip Lat Pull down
170 x 3 x 10

I'm super pumped and highly motivated..

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-08-14, 12:44 pm
Rep leg day

Box Squats
Warm up x bar 135
225 w/ 50 lbs chains each side x 3 x 8

Lying Leg Curls
140 x 3 x 10

Leg.Extensions
140 x 3 x 20

Leg Press
900 x 3 x 10

Calf raises
240 x 3 x 20

Trap Bar Shrugs
315 x 3 x 8

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-11-14, 9:07 am
I've yet to dial in the right combination just yet. I'm just on the cusp of having a killer cycle. So I tweaked a few things after last nights session.

Bench
235 x 5 x 8

DB Bench
100 x 3 x 10

DB Row
110 x 3 x 10

Pullups
2 x 10

DB Shoulder Press ssw/ DB Shrugs
40 x 3 x 10
120 x 3 x 10

Cardio Acceleration training
30 sec x 10 rounds x 8.6 mph

Definitely did not like doing shoulders on the same day a chest and I need more chest...I'm gonna play with it one more time and then leave it be. I sent in my registration for the Midwest Regional Championships, so now it's just time to fucking kill it. No days off, no bullshit, no fluff training. I've got work to do and I've got ground to cover. Stepped on the scale and I'm at 280, heaviest I've been in several years. I'd like to be back down in the 260's, I'm just as strong and much lighter. Back at it tonight

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-11-14, 9:01 pm
115 x 3 x 8
95 x 3 x 10

Hammer Curl ssw/ parallel bar dip
45 x 8, 50 x 2 x 8
3 x 10

Seated DB curl ssw/ incline overhead tricep ext
45 x 3 x 8
85 x 3 x 8

Reverse grip curl ssw/ reverse grip press down
100 x 3 x 8
140 x 3 x 8

Ab wheel
2 x 15
Leg Throw down
2 x 15

Cardio acceleration
8.7 mph x 10 x 30 seconds

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-13-14, 9:47 pm
I've never been a percentage guy, but realizing that I want to go to the next level and after talking to Garrett, I decided to go ahead and take a page from Matt Kroc for squats, it's a 12 week cycle but my meet is in like 7. I'll keep it this way and see how it progresses.

Squats
Warm up x bar 135 225 315 405
465 x 5
495 x 5 -rep PR w/ wraps
515 x 5 -rep PR w/ wraps
Numbers were suppose to be 455 480 510, but we don't have many 2 1/2 plates and then I used 5 lb collars.

Front Squats
315 x 3 x 3

Standing Leg Curls
160 x 3 x 8

Shoulders
Seated Military Press ssw/ DB Shrugs
205 x 3 x 8
130 x 3 x 10

First time trying my iron rebel power gear raptor knee wraps. I absolutely loved them, they were fucking amazing. Another quality product.

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-16-14, 6:38 pm
nice work with the rep pr's rob!! I actually need to invest in some good wraps now

knotahumanbeing
03-16-14, 7:53 pm
nice work with the rep pr's rob!! I actually need to invest in some good wraps now

Yeah man, I'm glad I waited to check them out in person. I like the titan signature gold, and the mark bell wraps didn't crank like I wanted. These iron rebel power gear wraps are perfect, couldn't be more satisfied with them. I'd definitely give them a look if I were you...

knotahumanbeing
03-16-14, 7:58 pm
So my schedule got thrown off bc my son had a basketball tournament Wednesday night, so I did rep chest and heavy back yesterday. Something about getting up at 0800 to train on a Saturday, I like it a lot, the last two Saturday's I've gotten up early to hit it and it's been amazing, the sun shining in, barely anyone in the gym and I'm able to go to work.

Bench w/ 50 lbs of chains each side
185 x 3 x 10

Floor Press
225 x 10
275 x 2 x 10

Deadlift- decided to play with some percentages like on my squats
530 x 5
560 x 5
600 x 2 (could not get the last 3 out)

Good morning
155 x 3 x 8

Meadow Rows
90 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-17-14, 8:08 pm
Yeah man, I'm glad I waited to check them out in person. I like the titan signature gold, and the mark bell wraps didn't crank like I wanted. These iron rebel power gear wraps are perfect, couldn't be more satisfied with them. I'd definitely give them a look if I were you...

I will definitely look into them rob..thank you!

knotahumanbeing
03-17-14, 10:53 pm
Bench
265 x 2 x 8
275 x 3 x 8

Decline Hammer Strength Press
135 each side x 8
160 each side x 2 x 8

Dumbbell bench
125 x 3 x 5

Block pulls
315 x 3 x 8

Reverse glute ham raises
50 x 3 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-20-14, 8:55 am
quads felt tight and hips did as well, maybe I wasn't as loose as I should have been. Weight felt heavy....

Squats
warm up x bar 135 225 315
425 x 10 x 5 - needless to say after 10 fucking sets my legs were torched. I said screw Front squats today

Standing Leg curl
150 x 3 x 8

Leg Extensions
160 x 15,15, 20 - this is where I about puked...

To get where I want to go, I've got to do things I've never done....

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-20-14, 3:02 pm
To get where I want to go, I've got to do things I've never done....

Stay Hungry
Rob

love this shit rob...im in the same mind frame for these next 11 weeks..just gotta keep pushing myself to the absolute limit....and damn 10 sets of squats would have fucking murdered me hahah

knotahumanbeing
03-20-14, 10:10 pm
love this shit rob...im in the same mind frame for these next 11 weeks..just gotta keep pushing myself to the absolute limit....and damn 10 sets of squats would have fucking murdered me hahah

Yeah brother, you got this..it's a marathon not a Sprint, take it one training session at a time.

knotahumanbeing
03-20-14, 10:27 pm
Barbell Curl ssw/ skull crushers
115 x 3 x 8
85 x 3 x 8

Hammer curls ssw/ parallel bar dips
50 x 2 x 8, 55 x 8
3 x 12

Seated Dumbbell Curls ssw/ incline tricep dumbbell ext
45 x 3 x 8, last set did double for 4
85 x 3 x 8

Reverse grip curls ssw/ reverse grip press down
120 x 3 x 8,10,12
150 x 3 x 8,12,15

Ab barbell wheel
3 x 10

Leg Throw downs
3 x 15

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-24-14, 10:24 am
Friday's training session was just too shitty to even post...fucking saturday rest and sunday...back at it tonight..I fucked up and I'm 5 weeks out..

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-24-14, 11:20 pm
LegDay
Squat
Warm-up x bar 135 225 315 405
475 x 4
505 x 4
525 x 4 rep PR

Front Squat
325 x 3 x 3

Standing Leg Curl
150.x 3 x 8

Leg Extension
160 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell.Shrugs
130 x 2 x 8

Face Pull
100 x 3 x 10

Fucked it up tonight, I can not fail, I will not fail. I will be the best.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-25-14, 11:20 pm
Bench press
Warm up x bar 135 185 225
295 x 5 x 5

Decline Hammer press
3 plates each side x 8
4 plates each side x 5
4 plates and a quarter x 4

Incline Bench
275 x 5
315 x 2 x 3

Dumbbell Double Banded Bench
85 x 8
100 x 2 x 5

Triceps
Parallel Bar Dips
2 x 10,12

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
03-26-14, 9:06 pm
Back - I was gonna pull for reps but I tweaked my back squats the other day so trying to take it easy.
Pullups
3 x 10 - 2 sets inboard 1 set outboard

Meadow Rows
135 x 3 x 5

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
210 x 5
250 x 4 x 5

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
70 x 3 x 8

Barbell Curls ssw/ Hammer Curls
115 x 3 x 8
50 x 3 x 8

Cardio Acceleration
10 rounds x 30 sec x 9.3 mph

Stay Hungry

knotahumanbeing
03-29-14, 10:33 pm
I didn't train Thursday, my youngest went to the ER and has the flu, plus with my back it was good...I ended up going for a 1.5 mile run later that night though. Anyways chest.

Floor Press
275 x 3 x 8

Bench press with 50 lbs chains each side
205 x 8 too easy
225 x 8 fuck it kept going up
245 x 8

Incline hammer press
90 each side x 3 x 12

Dumbbell flye
50 x 3 x 10

Triceps
V-Bar press down
150 x 3 x 15
Close grip push ups
3 x 10

Chest felt fried...dominant session

knotahumanbeing
03-29-14, 10:38 pm
So this morning went to a doctor to get my back checked out from tweaking it on Monday...everything is good, just some sever inflammation. Did muscle stim and he aligned me...hopefully things progress next week...I didn't pull today just because it's tender.

Battle Ropes
6 rounds x 30 seconds

Dumbbell Row
120 x 3 x 10

Lat Pull down
230 x 3 x 8

Wide Grip Seated Row
200 x 3 x 8

Back Extensions
3 x 10

Reverse Hyper Extension
50 x 3 x 8

Preacher Curl
100 x 3 x 8

Seated Dumbbell Curl
45 x 3 x 8

Cardio acceleration
10 rounds x 30 seconds x 9.5 mph

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
03-30-14, 2:58 pm
Take care of that back big man. We'll see you next Saturday I guess.

knotahumanbeing
03-31-14, 8:30 pm
Back is still tender, but I've got something deep inside that just won't let me quit.

Squat
Warm up
495 x 3
515 x 3
540 x 3 PR

Skipped front squats to save my back

Standing Leg Curls
150 x 3 x 10

Leg Extensions
180 x 3 x 8

DB Shrugs
150 x 8, 6
130 x 10

Seated DB front raises
40 x 3 x 5

Stay Hungry
Rob

tark
03-31-14, 8:39 pm
Back is still tender, but I've got something deep inside that just won't let me quit.

Squat
Warm up
495 x 3
515 x 3
540 x 3 PR

Skipped front squats to save my back

Standing Leg Curls
150 x 3 x 10

Leg Extensions
180 x 3 x 8

DB Shrugs
150 x 8, 6
130 x 10

Seated DB front raises
40 x 3 x 5

Stay Hungry
Rob

backs tender and you hit a pr?? haha damn man!! hope it gets back to feeling 100% man...

knotahumanbeing
04-01-14, 8:26 pm
backs tender and you hit a pr?? haha damn man!! hope it gets back to feeling 100% man...

Yeah rep PR... I just said fuck it and did what I had to do

knotahumanbeing
04-01-14, 8:30 pm
Bench
325 x 5 x 5

Incline Bench
275 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 1 PR

Decline Hammer Press
3 plates each side x 8
4 plates each side x 2 x 5

DB Bench
150 x 3

Cardio acceleration
10 rounds x 30 seconds x 9.5 mph

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-03-14, 11:11 pm
Box Jumps - 48 inch box
3 x 5

Box Squats
225 with 75lbs chains each side x 3 x 8

Lying Leg Curls
130 x 2 x 8
140 x 10

Leg Press
1100 x 3 x 10

Shoulders
Lumberjack Press
90 x 2 x 8
90 x 10

Lateral Raise
25 x 2 x 8
25 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-05-14, 8:05 pm
Floor Press
275 x 2 x 8 - shoulder started feeling odd and with no spotter I stopped

Incline hammer press
100 each side x 3 x 10

Bench press w 50 lbs chain each side
185 x 2 x 8

Bench press w 4 board press
225 x 2 x 8

Cardio acceleration
10 rounds x 10 mph x 30 seconds

knotahumanbeing
04-05-14, 8:12 pm
Been awhile since I've pulled with the guys and especially since tweaking my back. However I knew I need to pull some shit today. Decided to go back with what has served me well in the past. Deficit pulls, I also wanted to up the ante, how much could I go Beltless?

Deficit deadlifts - Beltless
Warm up 135 225 315
405 x 8
466 x 8
505 x 5

Dumbbell rows
70 x 3 x 20

Meadow Rows
90 x 3 x 8

Band assistance back work.

It felt good to know that my strength and core is progressing to where I'm able to pull 450+ without a belt.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-08-14, 9:08 pm
Chest day

Bench felt great today, that's why I kept going up in 10 lb increments, i was Feeling incredibly strong today, like my work is paying off. We'll see in 3 weeks though..
Warm up 135 185 225
335 x 3
345 x 3
355 x 3
365 x 3

decline hammer strength press
160 each side x 3 x 8

Incline Bench press
275 x 3 x 5

Dumbbell bench press
125 x 3 x 5 - last set of these I almost passed out from holding my breath while I press

Cardio acceleration
10 rounds x 10 mph x 30 seconds

Standing Calf Raise
300 x 3 x 15

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-09-14, 8:06 pm
Pull ups
2 x 13,11

Block pulls - Beltless
465 x 7,7,8

Wide Grip Lat Pull down
210 x 3 x 8

Rev Hyper Extension
60 x 3 x 10

Face pull
110 x 3 x 12

Hack machine shrugs
90 x 3 x 12

Battle Ropes
5 x 30 seconds

Cardio acceleration
5 x 10 mph x 30 seconds

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-10-14, 9:45 pm
Prob shouldn't have squatted tonight, as I was home sick. I barely ate all day, barely drank any water. Didn't decide until last minute to, Fuck it, whatever.

Squats
Warm-up
510 x 3 x 3

Standing Leg Curl
160 x 3 x 10

Leg extension
200 x 3 x 8

Quick session, not much to it, just the basics.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-12-14, 8:52 pm
Another, short and sweet session

Deadlift
Bar 15
135 x 2 3
185 x 2 3
225 x 4
315 x 2 3
365 x 2 2
545 x 5
600 x 4

I may go to the gym first thing in the morning tomorrow to do accessory work and some cardio, we'll see.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-13-14, 2:41 pm
Box jumps
3 x 5

Hammer Curls ssw/ Incline Tricep extension
50 x 3 x 8
85 x 3 x 10

90° degree preacher curl ssw/ Bar Dips
95 x 3 x 8
50 lb chain on my neck x 3 x 8

Reverse grip curl ssw/ reverse grip press down
110 x 3 x 10
150 x 3 x 10

Lumberjack press ssw/ seated lateral raises
90 x 3 x 8
20 x 3 x 10

Dumbbell Shrugs
130 x 10
150 x 2 x 10

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-14-14, 7:33 pm
Deload week...just under 3 weeks until Midwest Regional Championships...giving a deload on my squat, since I've been killing it hard. I'll determine if my bench and deadlift deserve a deload as they come.

Squat
325 x 5 x 8

Standing Leg Curl
110 x 3 x 15

Leg Extensions
140 x 3 x 20

Just the basics yet still almost puked.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-15-14, 10:27 pm
Fucking crushed it tonight. If you've been following along, you know my bench has been my kryptonite with having fucking arms like a pterodactyl. Smashed bench tonight.

Warm-up to 315

335 x.3
345 x 3
355 x 3
365 x 1
375 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1 - P fucking R

To have got this in training and with the volume I did prior, it feels fucking amazing that work is paying off. To me, this is a huge milestone. However, there is still work to be done, it doesn't officially count until I step on the platform in a few weeks. Proud but no where near satisfied. Fuck yes.

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-17-14, 9:23 pm
Box Jumps
3 x 5

Box Squats + 50 lbs chains each side
185 x 2 x 10
185 x 3 x 15

Lying Leg Curls
140 x 3 x 8

Leg Press
1000 x 3 x 10

Hack Squat Shrugs
90 x 3 x 12

Front DB Raises
20 x 3 x 12

Stay Hungry
Rob

Christman
04-17-14, 9:48 pm
Killing it in here buddy, can't believe I have not come across your journey until just now. Can't wait to see what you total at the Midwest Regional Champs.

knotahumanbeing
04-18-14, 9:40 am
Killing it in here buddy, can't believe I have not come across your journey until just now. Can't wait to see what you total at the Midwest Regional Champs.

Thanks brother, I'm hoping for some big progress as well man.

knotahumanbeing
04-18-14, 8:56 pm
Bench w/ 50 lbs chains each side
185 x 5 x 8

Decline Hammer press
3 plates each side x 3 x 8

Rack/pin press - I definitely liked these more than floor presses
225 x 5 x 8

Incline hammer Press
2 plates each side x 3 x 8

Cardio acceleration
10 rounds x 30 seconds x 10 mph

Battle Ropes
5 rounds x 30 seconds

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-19-14, 10:48 pm
Weight felt heavy as shit today, lower back is definitely flaring up. Will take a few days rest before working on my possible openers next week. I prob will schedule a time to see the doc before my meet as well

Deficit deadlift - my back wasn't allowing me to go for more reps
415 x 3 x 4

Deadlift
225 x 3 x 10

Meadow Rows
100 x 3 x 10

Wide Grip Lat Pull downs
210 x 3 x 8

DB Rows - hands were completely shot and had to use my straps
130 x 3 x 8

Well definitely take the next couple of days to rehab and rest my back, get this inflammation down.

Stay Hungry
Rob

RedlegDbell
04-20-14, 12:24 pm
Hope you're feeling better soon. Rest up. Congratulations on the big 405! I know you've been chasing that for a long time

knotahumanbeing
04-22-14, 11:00 am
Hope you're feeling better soon. Rest up. Congratulations on the big 405! I know you've been chasing that for a long time

Thanks, I'm trying to take it as easy as possible, just resting and hydrating.

knotahumanbeing
04-22-14, 11:05 am
Not hitting a full training schedule this week, trying to give my back ample time to recover before my meet next weekend. I will hit my openers sometime this week, with minor accessory work. I'm starting to prepare for the rest of my officer training, not sure yet when I'll be heading out, but I gotta get back out logging mile. So I went for a PT run last night. Boy did that suck.

2.9 miles 32:32

Also, I am probably not going to compete at USPA Nationals in July. Financially it does not seem possible for me to be able to attend this year. 2015 is prob when I'll try to compete at USPA Nationals. However, I will probably join my training partners from Colerain Barbell and compete at SPF Nationals, it much closer and would be a shit ton cheaper. Since, I'm cutting weight for the Corps anyways, I am going to attempt to compete in the 259 class instead of the 275, maybe..big maybe

Stay Hungry
Rob

Firefist
04-22-14, 11:54 am
Officer training? You going back in brother?

Always like what I see when I visit your threads. No bullshit, all work.

knotahumanbeing
04-22-14, 12:26 pm
Officer training? You going back in brother?

Always like what I see when I visit your threads. No bullshit, all work.

Yeah man, after my daughter was murdered I did not complete and finish the rest of training. It's my dream, my vision, it's the only thing I want to do. Granted as a single father I have to commit in a reservist capacity. There's nothing more in the world that I want to do.

Thanks brother, that's all I try to do.

knotahumanbeing
04-23-14, 8:57 am
Trained over at Colerain Barbell with Luke and Brandon last night. Did singles with commands up to about my what my opener will be.

warm-up 135 225 275 315

315 x 1
335 x 1
345 x 1
355 x 1
365 x 1
375 x 1
385 x 1

Finished up with bench 135 for reps and some close grip bench press work

I'm thinking about opening with 380/385, shoot to hit my goal for my second attempt, and go from there. Back is under control for now. I'm heading to the doc tomorrow for electro stim, and will hit squat up to openers... 278 this morning, will begin slight weight/water/carb cut on sunday, to ensure I have no qualms with weigh-ins next Friday.....PT run later tonight

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-24-14, 9:17 am
Went for a late night run last night. Pretty shitty day. I was only going to do a short distance, just trying to ease my way back into logging miles, but there's something in me. My boys, my country, my friends and family, my reasons for why and what I'm doing this for, pushed me to run farther.

2.81 miles 31:30

Tonight I'll work up to my squat possible openers

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-25-14, 9:21 am
Back felt pretty good warming up, also felt good to be using a Texas Squat bar.

Warm Up Bar 150 240 330 420
470 x 1
510 x 1 w wraps
520 x 1 w wraps
550 x 1 w wraps

I prob could have gone more, but I wanted to save my back and be ready for deads on saturday.

Guessing I'll open with 550-560, shoot for 580 585 ish and then go for my goal then. I'll play with it in my head and see how I feel come next saturday. Definitely excited to be back on the platform again...my 3rd meet in 6 months...that hunger and fire is constantly ablaze...

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-26-14, 2:23 pm
Last session before my meet. Deadlift singles

Warm up - bar 135 225 315 405
495 x 1
545 x 1
600 x 1
666 x 1

Felt heavy, back is torched. Will spend the rest of the week resting, cutting weight, and will log some miles...weigh ins and gear check is Friday! I'm pretty excited...goals for the meet.

600/400-405/700-710...overall goal is to hit 1700..

Stay Hungry
Rob

knotahumanbeing
04-28-14, 2:10 pm
Just hit the little gym here at work...working on water/weight cut for my meet this weekend.

15 min Stationary bike

Hammer Curls
Tricep Extension
DB Shrugs

Cardio Acceleration - 5 rounds x 45 sec x 9.0 mph

Trying not to go too intense, as I'm mainly wanting to rest my lower back. All morning I've been reading the USPA rules book for fun, and watching training videos. Mentally setting up my lifts, getting focused on form/technique, how I'll approach the bar. I will master my craft. I visualize each lift and motion in my head all day, and this evening I will probably analyze my previous meets. I want to go over how I performed each lift. To ensure that it is all the same.

Stay Hungry
Rob