PDA

View Full Version : Pump or Rage

Swolepez
10-26-13, 6:42 pm
Ok guys money is getting a little tight, so Animal Pak and Universal Torrent are going to be my must haves. I believe a multi and a anabolic post workout supp are of most importance.

Next in line would be a pre workout for me....so my questions is: on months when I can only afford one more supp, should I go with Rage or Pump?

Rage pros: I lift heavy (Dorian Yates HIT) so this is where Rage wins
I will only use Rage on training days, 4x a wk, so it will last longer than Pump
Rage gives me more energy for my workouts than Pump

Pump pros: it's a foundational supp
with Pump I get my daily creatine & nitric oxide ( Torrent has creatine but I will only take it post workout, not everyday)
Pump gives great Pumps ......and even though this may not be that important it has helped with vascularity which I REALLY like

Obviously I would like to stack both for the Raging-Pump stack but Idk if this will be affordable every month...

all ideas & opinions are welcome.

deanna7272
10-27-13, 12:30 am
Love the focus and speed Rage gives. . . With that being said, the stimulant is there with Pump and the need for creatine is a given for me. . . My choice, in a pinch, would be Pump!!

LiveFast
10-27-13, 11:57 am
I think you answered your own question, bro. You're on a budget and Rage will last longer, you get more energy from it, and you move some heavy weight. I love Rage but I've been taking it for a while, so I'll probably switch to Pump, just to add it to the foundations.

J Wong
10-27-13, 2:57 pm
I prefer Rage. It's the only pre workout supplement that I actually "feel" besides straight up caffeine pills. I was lucky enough to be one of the testers for this supplement years back and I loved it. It actually gets me "heated" after taking it...literally. My body temperature actually feels like it increases!

Cellardweller
10-27-13, 5:01 pm
How about Shock Therapy? Its got your NO booster, creatine, electrolytes, BCAAs and antioxidents.

Swolepez
10-27-13, 7:13 pm
Love the focus and speed Rage gives. . . With that being said, the stimulant is there with Pump and the need for creatine is a given for me. . . My choice, in a pinch, would be Pump!!

See this I why I first sided with Pump...but i'm taking Pak & Torrent so torrent gives me my creatine 4x a week...do you think creatine is better for everyday?

Swolepez
10-27-13, 7:16 pm
I think you answered your own question, bro. You're on a budget and Rage will last longer, you get more energy from it, and you move some heavy weight. I love Rage but I've been taking it for a while, so I'll probably switch to Pump, just to add it to the foundations.

I think your right my friend, Pump will run out every 30 days, Rage every 3 months...

Swolepez
10-27-13, 7:23 pm
I prefer Rage. It's the only pre workout supplement that I actually "feel" besides straight up caffeine pills. I was lucky enough to be one of the testers for this supplement years back and I loved it. It actually gets me "heated" after taking it...literally. My body temperature actually feels like it increases!

yep I've used Rage so far only on leg days but I always feel it!....my body feels a little hotter from Pump but not anything like Rage

Swolepez
10-27-13, 7:27 pm
How about Shock Therapy? Its got your NO booster, creatine, electrolytes, BCAAs and antioxidents.

I've thought about this as well but honestly I get more energy from Pump than ST for some reason (Rage gives me the most energy)....... granted I have only had samples of ST, never ran a tub

also since i'm taking Pak & Torrent, I will get creatine and leucine from Torrent already but I will definitely put ST in thought as well

deanna7272
10-28-13, 12:00 am
See this I why I first sided with Pump...but i'm taking Pak & Torrent so torrent gives me my creatine 4x a week...do you think creatine is better for everyday?

Myself, I only use Pump on training days (4-5x depending on split and schedule) and with Rage, I may use it 6-7x including days where I'm only hitting cardio... To be honest, I wasn't thinking about the creatine in Torrent ((I have used Torrent before, but like you, the budget was the deciding factor and it wasn't something that I continued. No fault of the product though...)) They do recommend creatine on a daily basis, rather than sporadically to be most beneficial...

I will say that even though I LOVE PUMP, but if you can get enough creatine from the Torrent, I would opt for Rage... There is nothing quite like Rage... Maybe even add some Universal creatine chews (pretty economical) and have the best of both worlds... ;-)

rainman
10-28-13, 11:01 am
Have you considered the often forgotten Universal supplement... Storm? I love Pump, I really do, but comparatively I've found Storm more than adequate. 80 servings for the same price as Pump. I have had nasty pumps from Storm too. You can also take it daily and not have to fuss so much about breaking the bank and you can drop a scoop of Rage in there for an extra boost if you need it.

Now, if only they did it in apple or watermelon.

G Diesel
10-28-13, 11:17 am
Ok guys money is getting a little tight, so Animal Pak and Universal Torrent are going to be my must haves. I believe a multi and a anabolic post workout supp are of most importance.

Next in line would be a pre workout for me....so my questions is: on months when I can only afford one more supp, should I go with Rage or Pump?

I will only use Rage on training days, 4x a wk, so it will last longer than Pump

with Pump I get my daily creatine & nitric oxide ( Torrent has creatine but I will only take it post workout, not everyday)
Pump gives great Pumps ......and even though this may not be that important it has helped with vascularity which I REALLY like

Obviously I would like to stack both for the Raging-Pump stack but Idk if this will be affordable every month...

You're getting your full daily dose of creatine from your Torrent, so that makes the decision easy. I think getting that in your system on training days is plenty. I love Pump, but if cash is tight, Torrent will suffice for creatine intake.

Rage, in my humble opinion, is the most powerful preworkout I've ever experienced, with none of the negative side-effects often associated with strong stimulant products. The focus and endurance on Rage are unparalleled.

Peace, G

Swolepez
10-28-13, 2:59 pm
Have you considered the often forgotten Universal supplement... Storm? I love Pump, I really do, but comparatively I've found Storm more than adequate. 80 servings for the same price as Pump. I have had nasty pumps from Storm too. You can also take it daily and not have to fuss so much about breaking the bank and you can drop a scoop of Rage in there for an extra boost if you need it.

Now, if only they did it in apple or watermelon.

hmmmm...I thought Storm was a creatine product not necessarily a pump/ pre workout product? ...I might have to check up Storm too as well...thanks man

Swolepez
10-28-13, 3:00 pm
Myself, I only use Pump on training days (4-5x depending on split and schedule) and with Rage, I may use it 6-7x including days where I'm only hitting cardio... To be honest, I wasn't thinking about the creatine in Torrent ((I have used Torrent before, but like you, the budget was the deciding factor and it wasn't something that I continued. No fault of the product though...)) They do recommend creatine on a daily basis, rather than sporadically to be most beneficial...

I will say that even though I LOVE PUMP, but if you can get enough creatine from the Torrent, I would opt for Rage... There is nothing quite like Rage... Maybe even add some Universal creatine chews (pretty economical) and have the best of both worlds... ;-)

Thanks Deanna! Yeah I think I might opt for Rage, although I will miss the Pumps I get from Pump lol

Swolepez
10-28-13, 3:01 pm
You're getting your full daily dose of creatine from your Torrent, so that makes the decision easy. I think getting that in your system on training days is plenty. I love Pump, but if cash is tight, Torrent will suffice for creatine intake.

Rage, in my humble opinion, is the most powerful preworkout I've ever experienced, with none of the negative side-effects often associated with strong stimulant products. The focus and endurance on Rage are unparalleled.

Peace, G

Thanks G, yeah I will probably get Rage...now if only Rage XL would come out already! lol

Enforcer
10-30-13, 9:56 am

Me personally I like Animal Rage better. I feel the energy effects more while training. If money is tight, you can always pick up a creatine powder for pretty cheap at most retailers

Swolepez
11-01-13, 1:06 am
Me personally I like Animal Rage better. I feel the energy effects more while training. If money is tight, you can always pick up a creatine powder for pretty cheap at most retailers

What about the pumps? In your personal experience how would you compare the pumps from Pump to Rage? BC I feel like I will miss the pumps I get Pump.

Also what about the vascularity? I know vascularity has more to do with body fat % and more muscle growth, but Pump has given me more vascularity. Will it go away when I switch to Rage or should it remain?

Enforcer
11-01-13, 2:18 pm
What about the pumps? In your personal experience how would you compare the pumps from Pump to Rage? BC I feel like I will miss the pumps I get Pump.

Also what about the vascularity? I know vascularity has more to do with body fat % and more muscle growth, but Pump has given me more vascularity. Will it go away when I switch to Rage or should it remain?

I feel that all of the proper meals you take in prior to training will give you the necessary pumps you need in the gym. I know a few different guys that do not use any type of preworkout supps at all and still are able to ascertain a great pump while training. If you are hitting the muscle the right way then you will be able to drive blood in there while training. I would say I get a better "pump" from Animal Pump, but overall like Rage better because of the sustained energy I have. As long as you are keeping a good diet, then your vascularity should not go down

G Diesel
11-01-13, 5:41 pm
Thanks G, yeah I will probably get Rage...now if only Rage XL would come out already! lol

Word man. I can't wait for XL.

Peace, G

Jay
11-04-13, 11:54 am
hmmmm...I thought Storm was a creatine product not necessarily a pump/ pre workout product? ...I might have to check up Storm too as well...thanks man

Storm helps with cell volumizing. Im taking storm pre workout now until Rage XL comes out..

Swolepez
11-04-13, 5:19 pm
Storm helps with cell volumizing. Im taking storm pre workout now until Rage XL comes out..

Have you got good pumps from Storm??

How would you compare it to Pump?

rainman
11-04-13, 6:07 pm
For me personally, I haven't had any other pre-workout as comprehensive as Animal Pump content wise, but comparatively speaking Storm certainly holds it head up, especially when you look at the price. I ran Storm over the Summer with some A7 mixed in for a pre-workout and was more than happy with it. Decent creatine and NO boosters which can last 80 odd workouts/ days.

With regards to pumps, I've found that I can get them without supps by dropsetting and using other similar methods.

Swolepez
11-04-13, 9:13 pm
For me personally, I haven't had any other pre-workout as comprehensive as Animal Pump content wise, but comparatively speaking Storm certainly holds it head up, especially when you look at the price. I ran Storm over the Summer with some A7 mixed in for a pre-workout and was more than happy with it. Decent creatine and NO boosters which can last 80 odd workouts/ days.

With regards to pumps, I've found that I can get them without supps by dropsetting and using other similar methods.

Yeah drop sets seem to work for me as well but it would be nice to have some NO boosters........although im on a tight budget I think i could make space for Storm. 80 servings = $27. That would last me about 5 months.

What do you think about stacking Storm w/ Rage?

rainman
11-05-13, 5:28 am
If you check the labels of both Storm and Pump a few of the key ingredients are present in each, so I think keeping Rage as the primary pre-workout then adding Storm would be what I'd do with a tighter budget. If you're keeping Torrent, as G-Diesel pointed out, you'll still be getting your daily dose of creatine without needing either Pump or Storm. Worst case scenario is that you could keep Storm for non training days, but I think it's an awesome pre, and post, workout.

If you check out Appollonian's Journey, he seems the best one to check on Storm/ Rage stacks and mixing flavours. I was happy with Storm fruit/ AJ Rage, but I'd imagine blue raz Storm/ orange Rage would work?