PDA

View Full Version : Hoornstra's October Training Vids

JHOORNSTRA
10-29-13, 7:53 pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALAVu-nnuIQ

Firefist
10-29-13, 8:15 pm
The speed that you move 505 is just insanity. Impressive as all hell.

JHOORNSTRA
10-29-13, 8:23 pm
The speed that you move 505 is just insanity. Impressive as all hell.

Thanks man

Goldstone
10-30-13, 8:03 am
Ridiculously impressive as usual, Jeremy.

Why was the huge guy to your right on the Week 1 640 not the handoff guy? His triceps might actually be the same size as yours. I would think he can move some weight, let alone hand it off?

JHOORNSTRA
10-30-13, 3:16 pm
Ridiculously impressive as usual, Jeremy.

Why was the huge guy to your right on the Week 1 640 not the handoff guy? His triceps might actually be the same size as yours. I would think he can move some weight, let alone hand it off?

That's my old workout partner from when I had just graduated high school and played semi pro with, "Big Al" or Algenard. He is a constant 600 bencher but hasn't really worked on strength just size and is now sitting around 360 but was around 315 when we trained. Big dude for sure, arms are around 25 inches. The guy lifting off for me is a constant training partner and was getting used to the liftoffs...he's always there, whereas no one else seems to be.

Goldstone
10-30-13, 9:57 pm
That's my old workout partner from when I had just graduated high school and played semi pro with, "Big Al" or Algenard. He is a constant 600 bencher but hasn't really worked on strength just size and is now sitting around 360 but was around 315 when we trained. Big dude for sure, arms are around 25 inches. The guy lifting off for me is a constant training partner and was getting used to the liftoffs...he's always there, whereas no one else seems to be.

That just boggles my mind it's hard for you to find a consistent training partner/handoff guy. I realize that's not easy task with the weight you're pushing, but it's not like the gym has plenty of 700lb raw benchers walking around either. I know plenty of guys at my gym, myself included, that would make it a priority to help you smash your goals. You've always been very humble in your videos or on the boards or email, so it just makes no sense why someone couldn't show up to help you with your handoffs if nothing else.

"Big Al" is huge. 25" arms is just nuts. Does he plan on competing in bodybuilding one day, or just wants to get as huge as possible?

Either way, you're obviously on the path to do some damage soon. I'm psyched for you.

JHOORNSTRA
11-01-13, 8:47 am
That just boggles my mind it's hard for you to find a consistent training partner/handoff guy. I realize that's not easy task with the weight you're pushing, but it's not like the gym has plenty of 700lb raw benchers walking around either. I know plenty of guys at my gym, myself included, that would make it a priority to help you smash your goals. You've always been very humble in your videos or on the boards or email, so it just makes no sense why someone couldn't show up to help you with your handoffs if nothing else.

"Big Al" is huge. 25" arms is just nuts. Does he plan on competing in bodybuilding one day, or just wants to get as huge as possible?

Either way, you're obviously on the path to do some damage soon. I'm psyched for you.

Yeah, hard as hell actually. There are a couple guys strong enough and some that are close but it's hit or miss. What sucks is that for the whole year minus a couple months when my son plays football, I work every third day and the other 5 or so days a week I'm off all day with the 24 hour shifts...so I'd be open at anytime...and still get stood up. Sometimes not only cancelled on, they just don't go, don't call, etc.

Goldstone
11-01-13, 4:24 pm
Yeah, hard as hell actually. There are a couple guys strong enough and some that are close but it's hit or miss. What sucks is that for the whole year minus a couple months when my son plays football, I work every third day and the other 5 or so days a week I'm off all day with the 24 hour shifts...so I'd be open at anytime...and still get stood up. Sometimes not only cancelled on, they just don't go, don't call, etc.

That sucks, man. I've had the same problem when I'm squatting or benching in gear, and people don't even let me know they're bailing. Can't do a damn thing, and just throws off the workout.

If for some reason you ever move to the People's Republic of Massachusetts, call me up and I'll spot you even if I'm not training that day.

JHOORNSTRA
11-01-13, 4:36 pm
That sucks, man. I've had the same problem when I'm squatting or benching in gear, and people don't even let me know they're bailing. Can't do a damn thing, and just throws off the workout.

If for some reason you ever move to the People's Republic of Massachusetts, call me up and I'll spot you even if I'm not training that day.

Right on, I appreciate it...or if I take that teaching job at MIT...

Goldstone
11-02-13, 8:01 pm
Right on, I appreciate it...or if I take that teaching job at MIT...

Be the first wicked smaaaaaht jacked person to teach there! Set a few World Records, get a PhD. No big deal.

JHOORNSTRA
11-04-13, 9:36 am
Be the first wicked smaaaaaht jacked person to teach there! Set a few World Records, get a PhD. No big deal.

right...