PDA

View Full Version : Slow Cooker Recipe for Mass?

rbowman91
11-06-13, 11:33 am
Fellas,

I got a slow cooker recently and i've messed up two meals so far. I'm pretty terrible at cooking, and i need a SIMPLE and EASY recipe for some type of slow cooker mass meal for my weekly meal prep.

I would do classic beef stew but the idea of having no fiber in my meals (considering i will be eating it 5 times a day) doesnt sound appealing on such a high protein diet. Would be blocked off like the Berlin wall if i did that.

Any suggestions? I'm talking SIMPLE recipes. Like 5 ingredients. I'm not looking to "dice and spice" a million things. I just want something that helps me hit my macro numbers and doesnt taste like complete shit.

Any ideas?

Bruiser
11-06-13, 11:53 am
Real easy bud.

For beef stew, just make sure there's plenty of liquid (broth, etc) and add in barley, rice or potatoes.

Beef roast: If you hate chopping, buy baby carrots, sliced mushrooms and small golden or red potatoes. Throw those in with a roast and you're done. For a real tasty one, pour 2 cups of pomegranate juice in the crock pot.

BBQ taters: Get a nice sized pork roast, cut it into 2" chunks and throw it in with a bottle of your fav BBQ sauce. Then individually wrap some potatoes in foil and throw them in the crockpot right on top of the pork. When it's all done, open a tater and dump the "BBQ pulled pork" right over the top of it.

Chix, veg and taters: Pick up a package of chix legs or leg quarters, throw them in the pot. Cover with potatoes, carrots, shrooms, celery, etc. just don't overcook so the bones pull out. You want to be able to pick the chix up and eat it.

Crockpot Asian: slice up steak and throw it in the pot along with some baby carrots, a small can of bamboo shoots, small can of water chestnuts. Add in a packet of Asian marinade and some water. When it's mostly cooked, add more water and some rice. Done.

SquatPressPull
11-06-13, 12:37 pm
I made chicken in the crock pot yesterday. I cut up a large onion (into rings), place them on the bottom of the pot. Set a 5lb chicken on top and season with whatever you want (flip and season other side) stay breast down to cook. Keeps them moist. I added a Kroger brand pot roast seasoning packet.

Easy.

rbowman91
11-06-13, 2:00 pm
I made chicken in the crock pot yesterday. I cut up a large onion (into rings), place them on the bottom of the pot. Set a 5lb chicken on top and season with whatever you want (flip and season other side) stay breast down to cook. Keeps them moist. I added a Kroger brand pot roast seasoning packet.

Easy.

you just threw in a whole bird?

G Diesel
11-06-13, 2:10 pm
This is one of the best recipes I have. A few more ingredients than you mentioned, but so well worth it on every relevant level (taste, nutrition, cost, convenience).

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40692-Grown-Ass-Man-Turkey-Chili

Peace, G

Cellardweller
11-06-13, 5:38 pm
I cube up about 3lb of chicken (breasts and/or thighs), beef or pork and put it in with some water and 2 packets of Weber's or McCormick's dry marniade seasoning. With the beef I put in a splash of apple cider vineager to help tenderize and give some more flavor. Cook up some rice on the side and you're good to go.

Aggression
11-06-13, 5:54 pm
I currently have two packages of chicken in the slow cooker right now. I added in some peppers and onions, then topped it off with some marinara sauce. Put that on for 9hrs, low. When it's ready, top that with a cup of white rice from the rice cooker and BANG.

G Diesel
11-07-13, 8:53 am
I cube up about 3lb of chicken (breasts and/or thighs), beef or pork and put it in with some water and 2 packets of Weber's or McCormick's dry marniade seasoning. With the beef I put in a splash of apple cider vineager to help tenderize and give some more flavor. Cook up some rice on the side and you're good to go.

I currently have two packages of chicken in the slow cooker right now. I added in some peppers and onions, then topped it off with some marinara sauce. Put that on for 9hrs, low. When it's ready, top that with a cup of white rice from the rice cooker and BANG.

Both rock solid suggestions.

Peace, G

Christman
11-07-13, 10:01 am
I do a lot of chicken in the crockpot and I have noticed that if I cube up the breasts they tend to be a bit dryer than if I leave the breasts whole or cut them into fourths. Here is what I have been doing and it is fairly easy:

2-4 lbs chicken (frozen or thawed)

about 1 bottle of any of these sauces-
BBQ - any brand
or
Franks Extra Red Hot + a dab of butter + a squirt of Ranch Dressing (or a packet of ranch dressing powder)
or
Kroger brand Spicy Garlic wing sauce - my favorite!

Cook on low overnight and the house will smell amazing in the morning. Add the chicken to rice and you have meals to last for a few days.

SquatPressPull
11-07-13, 10:10 am
you just threw in a whole bird?

It's "bagged" up. I yank the heart, gizzard, neck, and etc. Lay them on the bottom too. Then season the bird, set it breasts down and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Perfectly cooked all the way through.

rbowman91
11-07-13, 10:29 am

What kind of chicken can you use with this? this sounds like an easy enough method that even I couldnt mess up.

I have bags of the frozen costco grilled chicken breasts. Is that what you would be usinG? or would you use a whole bird:?

Also, would you use marinara sauce or tomatoe puree?

naturalguy
11-07-13, 10:33 am
This is one of the best recipes I have. A few more ingredients than you mentioned, but so well worth it on every relevant level (taste, nutrition, cost, convenience).

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40692-Grown-Ass-Man-Turkey-Chili

Peace, G

Chili is the way to go with the crock pot

SquatPressPull
11-07-13, 11:51 am

I made a 16 bean soup chili in my crockpot..... My toilet told me that we needed to stop seeing each other so much.

Cellardweller
11-07-13, 12:31 pm

I have to do this this weekend. Sounds awesome.

naturalguy
11-07-13, 12:56 pm
I made a 16 bean soup chili in my crockpot..... My toilet told me that we needed to stop seeing each other so much.

Lol

rbowman91
11-10-13, 12:13 am
I have to do this this weekend. Sounds awesome.

Wondering if this works with chicken breast? Or do you need dark meat?

B.C.
11-10-13, 10:22 am
Great recipes in here. I usually go the chili route but I'm making a couple of these this week for sure.

brentwillisbgw
11-13-13, 12:26 am
I use lentils as my main fiber source in the stews I make. Their macros are awesome, and they taste really good. Beans would work well, too.

I make several stews a week, and have for some time. I keep things pretty simple and use an interchangeable selection of meats, veggies, and spices.

4-5 lbs of pork, beef, or lamb. Cubed into rough chunks.

Then I season with some combo of paprika, cayenne, oregano, cumin, and a couple types of pepper.

After the meat and seasonings are thrown in the crock pot, I'll fill it the rest of the way up with some combination of lentils, green beans, rice or potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and garlic.

Stews are pretty forgiving, so don't trip too much on ingredients.

Rambo, John J.
01-27-14, 12:25 pm
Just cooked this up last night if you're looking for something easy. I used 5 big chicken breasts, 1 packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning, and a jar of salsa. Cook on high for 5 hours, then shred the chicken in the juices. Throw over rice and I add a little Franks to give it a little kick.

BigMario
02-14-14, 1:20 pm

hell yeah made a batch yesterday. I got an awesome fast recipe if anyone wants it for turkey chili.

anonymous_burn
02-25-14, 10:37 am
Good one I've done is put in a can of corn (drained), then a can of black beans (drained), then a bunch of chicken breasts, then a jar of salsa over that. Easy and delicious.

Another one of my favorites is throw in a bunch of chicken thighs, cover with equal parts soy sauce and white vinegar, add a bunch of garlic cloves and black peppercorns, cook on low for a while. It's not stew (obviously) but the chicken and garlic come out amazing.