PDA

View Full Version : Can I take Animal Stak while prepping for a Natural tested competition?

ClevlndHeathen
11-09-13, 10:04 pm
A buddy and I are prepping for a show in the end of march, unfortunately I am not a scientist so ingredients vs banned substances for npc is kicking my ass. Any thoughts or knowledge on the subject?

-Heathen

Brometheus
11-11-13, 7:44 pm
Stak should be fine as its just a test booster but it wouldn't hurt to contact the promoter to find out. I know in some sports you can fail a drug test for too much caffeine (though I doubt they are concerned with that in BB or PL) so It's always best to ask. I've never heard of any sports organization banning natural test boosters but again it's best to check with the promoter and/or organization conducting the testing. Good luck man.

ClevlndHeathen
11-11-13, 9:52 pm
Stak should be fine as its just a test booster but it wouldn't hurt to contact the promoter to find out. I know in some sports you can fail a drug test for too much caffeine (though I doubt they are concerned with that in BB or PL) so It's always best to ask. I've never heard of any sports organization banning natural test boosters but again it's best to check with the promoter and/or organization conducting the testing. Good luck man.

Thanks bro, after doing a little research I came to the conclusion that at my age (24) a test booster might not quite be necessary yet, I will still call them and make sure but I'm going to do a cycle of m-stack before my cut in a few weeks. Again thanks for your response I'll give the promoter a call tomorrow!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
11-12-13, 10:11 am
I agree with Brometheus. Check with your sanctioning body... Looks like you have it figured out though.

ClevlndHeathen
11-12-13, 7:41 pm
I agree with Brometheus. Check with your sanctioning body... Looks like you have it figured out though.

Thanks Chase, I jumped the gun on asking this without doing thorough research, the responses are greatly appreciated and helpful for future comps!

deanna7272
11-12-13, 8:30 pm
A buddy and I are prepping for a show in the end of march, unfortunately I am not a scientist so ingredients vs banned substances for npc is kicking my ass. Any thoughts or knowledge on the subject?

-Heathen

Which show are you doing? I know that most shows that are tested have their list of ingredients that are banned... If you get in contact with the promoter, he may be able to tell you what's what... You may be able to send him the profile and get approval... ((If they say it's okay, KEEP THE RESPONSE, just in case...))

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 10:55 am
Which show are you doing? I know that most shows that are tested have their list of ingredients that are banned... If you get in contact with the promoter, he may be able to tell you what's what... You may be able to send him the profile and get approval... ((If they say it's okay, KEEP THE RESPONSE, just in case...))

I'll be doing the NPC "nutrition pit" Natural Open in Lakewood March 29 and I'm nervous as shit about it.

Firefist
11-13-13, 10:59 am
I'll be doing the NPC "nutrition pit" Natural Open in Lakewood March 29 and I'm nervous as shit about it.

Don't be scared big homie. You got this.

I'm assuming you're from cleveland then? haha Im up in lakewood a lot actually. We'll have to get a session up there sometime.

Btw, idk if you signed up yet for it, but a lot of us are having a big get-together on november 23 in columbus. It's gonna be a wicked good time. If you can make it, we'd love to have ya.

If you're interested:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41777-Huge-Ohio-ABC-with-Special-Guest-Brandon-Lilly

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 11:04 am
Don't be scared big homie. You got this.

I'm assuming you're from cleveland then? haha Im up in lakewood a lot actually. We'll have to get a session up there sometime.

Btw, idk if you signed up yet for it, but a lot of us are having a big get-together on november 23 in columbus. It's gonna be a wicked good time. If you can make it, we'd love to have ya.

If you're interested:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41777-Huge-Ohio-ABC-with-Special-Guest-Brandon-Lilly

I actually live closer to Columbus now. Out by Dayton i miss c town. I'd love to come out on the 23 but I'll be up in Cleveland with family all weekend brother. Let me know next time you guys are in the area for sure the dates for abc meet ups always happen when I'm doing something haha

Firefist
11-13-13, 11:53 am
I actually live closer to Columbus now. Out by Dayton i miss c town. I'd love to come out on the 23 but I'll be up in Cleveland with family all weekend brother. Let me know next time you guys are in the area for sure the dates for abc meet ups always happen when I'm doing something haha

Sure thing brotha. Just post up when you see an ABC in ohio. Lots of good people training and eating afterwards. There's usually a few pro's in the mix too.

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 12:35 pm
Sure thing brotha. Just post up when you see an ABC in ohio. Lots of good people training and eating afterwards. There's usually a few pro's in the mix too.

Right on bro hopefully I'll catch some of you guys sooner than later! Good looking out.

deanna7272
11-13-13, 4:53 pm

Very cool, that's what I figured... If you get in touch with Dave, he can let you know if everything will clear for you.

FYI... I will be seeing him this weekend, if you want me to show him the profile, I can...

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 9:18 pm
Very cool, that's what I figured... If you get in touch with Dave, he can let you know if everything will clear for you.

FYI... I will be seeing him this weekend, if you want me to show him the profile, I can...

That would be great and very much appreciated!!

deanna7272
11-13-13, 9:30 pm
That would be great and very much appreciated!!

No problem... He is going to be in town for the Mid Atlantic Grand Prix and I'm working early weigh ins and the show... I will throw it in my bag and see if he can take a look at it!!

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 9:45 pm
No problem... He is going to be in town for the Mid Atlantic Grand Prix and I'm working early weigh ins and the show... I will throw it in my bag and see if he can take a look at it!!

Thank you so much I owe you for this haha! I'll be calling about gettin an npc card tomorrow and sending in early registration in about two weeks!

deanna7272
11-13-13, 10:05 pm
Thank you so much I owe you for this haha! I'll be calling about gettin an npc card tomorrow and sending in early registration in about two weeks!

DON'T get your NPC card until right before your show!!! Reason being... They run January - January... If you get one now in 2013, it's done at the end of 2013... Also... I believe they are $100 now... IF you decide to not compete, you are out $100... You can get your card at early weigh ins, the day before the show... They sell them on site....

ClevlndHeathen
11-13-13, 10:23 pm
DON'T get your NPC card until right before your show!!! Reason being... They run January - January... If you get one now in 2013, it's done at the end of 2013... Also... I believe they are $100 now... IF you decide to not compete, you are out $100... You can get your card at early weigh ins, the day before the show... They sell them on site....

Oh wow good looking out! You just save me $120 thank you again! and I'm trying to pay for everything so that I can't back out haha kind of a back up motivation

deanna7272
11-13-13, 10:41 pm
Oh wow good looking out! You just save me $120 thank you again! and I'm trying to pay for everything so that I can't back out haha kind of a back up motivation

No problem, just chalk it up as another reason that you NEED the Forvm...lol

I totally understand about the motivation, but look at it this way, it's $120 that you will need for food!! ;-) Lakewood is like the beginning of the season, you will have time to put back some here and there... Also, check out Gary Udit's website (garyudit.com) or the NPC site because there is also a small Natural show in Pittsburgh that I am almost positive is the week before.... That would be a great little warm up show for Lakewood...

Firefist
11-13-13, 10:41 pm

Mama D, always lookin out.

deanna7272
11-13-13, 10:45 pm
Mama D, always lookin out.

I gotta take care of my boys.... ;-)

ClevlndHeathen
11-14-13, 5:43 am
No problem, just chalk it up as another reason that you NEED the Forvm...lol

I totally understand about the motivation, but look at it this way, it's $120 that you will need for food!! ;-) Lakewood is like the beginning of the season, you will have time to put back some here and there... Also, check out Gary Udit's website (garyudit.com) or the NPC site because there is also a small Natural show in Pittsburgh that I am almost positive is the week before.... That would be a great little warm up show for Lakewood...

No problem I'll check it out today at work, but pburgg is kind of a haul from dirty D my job is good but the furloughs are killing me.thank you for all your help again, I really appreciate it, like a lot

deanna7272
11-14-13, 8:03 am
No problem I'll check it out today at work, but pburgg is kind of a haul from dirty D my job is good but the furloughs are killing me.thank you for all your help again, I really appreciate it, like a lot

Ahhh.... Gotcha, I thought you were IN Cleveland now...

I know how it is to go in unsure of the details... I am very fortunate to be surrounded by many "in the know" with the NPC... My gym owner, Rick Bayardi I'd the Ohio and WV Chair and my trainer and BFF (okay I just sounded 13 years old...lol) Andy Bartolovich is Co-Chair with him... Had it not been for those two knuckleheads, I may not wouldn't be where I am today...lol

I will take the profile to Dave and see if he will check it out for ya!! If ya have any other questions and I can help, I will help as much as possible... I'm sure we will cross paths somewhere along the way!!

Not sure if anyone has taken ya here, but check out the Cincy (and Dayton) Chapter of the ABCs

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?12576-Cincinnati-Ohio-Animals/page44

A lot of quality folks in Ohio!!

ClevlndHeathen
11-14-13, 8:50 am
Ahhh.... Gotcha, I thought you were IN Cleveland now...

I know how it is to go in unsure of the details... I am very fortunate to be surrounded by many "in the know" with the NPC... My gym owner, Rick Bayardi I'd the Ohio and WV Chair and my trainer and BFF (okay I just sounded 13 years old...lol) Andy Bartolovich is Co-Chair with him... Had it not been for those two knuckleheads, I may not wouldn't be where I am today...lol

I will take the profile to Dave and see if he will check it out for ya!! If ya have any other questions and I can help, I will help as much as possible... I'm sure we will cross paths somewhere along the way!!

Not sure if anyone has taken ya here, but check out the Cincy (and Dayton) Chapter of the ABCs

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?12576-Cincinnati-Ohio-Animals/page44

A lot of quality folks in Ohio!!

Haha thanks I moved stuff around I'll catch you guys next weekend. You guy are awesome and extremely helpful

deanna7272
11-14-13, 9:18 am
Haha thanks I moved stuff around I'll catch you guys next weekend. You guy are awesome and extremely helpful

Woo Hoo!!! Make sure you introduce yourself!!! Things get a little crazy at the ABCs, so make sure I know who you are!!! ((I will be the old lady with the lopsided hair...lmao))

ClevlndHeathen
11-14-13, 10:28 am
Woo Hoo!!! Make sure you introduce yourself!!! Things get a little crazy at the ABCs, so make sure I know who you are!!! ((I will be the old lady with the lopsided hair...lmao))

Awesome I'll make a point to do that (the guy with brown hair and a jet black petite handlebar mustache lol) also I just got an email from Dave saying that all the supps I take are g2g, thank you so much for helping me I'll make sure to thank ya at the abc for sure!!

deanna7272
11-16-13, 1:58 pm
Awesome I'll make a point to do that (the guy with brown hair and a jet black petite handlebar mustache lol) also I just got an email from Dave saying that all the supps I take are g2g, thank you so much for helping me I'll make sure to thank ya at the abc for sure!!

Ahhhahahaaha .... I just saw this... I mentioned you to Dave and he said that he already emailed you...lol. He said to just make sure that you write down all the supps you are taking...

See ya next weekend!!!

PS... You better have that 'stache....lol

ClevlndHeathen
11-16-13, 2:33 pm
Ahhhahahaaha .... I just saw this... I mentioned you to Dave and he said that he already emailed you...lol. He said to just make sure that you write down all the supps you are taking...

See ya next weekend!!!

Oh I'm not shaving. Not at all. Haha

ClevlndHeathen
11-22-13, 11:51 am

See ya next weekend!!!

I retract, I'm shaving this thing, I can't deal with it anymore