PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cut with Animal Cuts Log!

J Wong
11-10-13, 10:56 am
I just got done competing this weekend and I tend to go on 1-2 month "mini cut" in order to shed off some extra body fat before I begin my heavy phase of training for a competition. I'm starting my cut today and I am going to use Animal Cuts to assist me!

I will be following a low carb, high fat diet. It is based off of the "Carbnite" diet, where you eat eat no carbs during the day with high fat/protein and have one night where you eat carbs/whatever to refeed.

Everyday I will be using the myfitnesspal app and logging my food right here with any notes of the supplement.

I am taking this week off from lifting altogether in order to heal up before I begin my 12 week training cycle for Raw Unity in February.

I will be starting this diet off by adding steady state cardio 3x a week which will begin on Tuesday.

The goal weight by the end of this mini cut is 230 lbs. I am currently 249 right now.

Current supplement stack:

Animal Cuts 2x a day
Animal Pak 2x a day
Animal Flex 1x a day
Animal Omega 1x a day
Animal PM before bed
Universal Whey Protein (as needed in my diet)

J Wong
11-10-13, 11:06 pm
First day on the diet didn't go so well because my appetite was shot and my schedule was way off. I have never experienced jet lag before so this has sucked! I ate like a high school cheerleader today:

http://i44.tinypic.com/10pvrli.jpg

The plan is to get 300g of protein a day with approximately 185g of fat a day.

Universal Rep
11-11-13, 8:54 am
I just got done competing this weekend and I tend to go on 1-2 month "mini cut" in order to shed off some extra body fat before I begin my heavy phase of training for a competition. I'm starting my cut today and I am going to use Animal Cuts to assist me!

I will be following a low carb, high fat diet. It is based off of the "Carbnite" diet, where you eat eat no carbs during the day with high fat/protein and have one night where you eat carbs/whatever to refeed.

Everyday I will be using the myfitnesspal app and logging my food right here with any notes of the supplement.

I am taking this week off from lifting altogether in order to heal up before I begin my 12 week training cycle for Raw Unity in February.

I will be starting this diet off by adding steady state cardio 3x a week which will begin on Tuesday.

The goal weight by the end of this mini cut is 230 lbs. I am currently 249 right now.

Current supplement stack:

Animal Cuts 2x a day
Animal Pak 2x a day
Animal Flex 1x a day
Animal Omega 1x a day
Animal PM before bed
Universal Whey Protein (as needed in my diet)

Nice, subbed. U runnin this log on BB.com too BSJ?

J Wong
11-11-13, 9:09 am
Nice, subbed. U runnin this log on BB.com too BSJ?

I will.

J Wong
11-11-13, 9:21 am
I will.

..and done.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158208233&

J Wong
11-12-13, 12:25 am
Day 2:

This day was a bit better when it came to my scheduling and being back on track with being home. I'm really looking forward to getting back to training again but I have to be smart and lay off for the rest of the week (until at least Friday).

As for the diet, I really like this type of diet style. However, going from eating like a big fatass to this has been pretty hard. I actually feel hungry mentally although my body feels like it doesn't want food. I'm not sure if this is due to the Animal Cuts or the fats making me feel full.

Food log for the day:

http://i40.tinypic.com/rvhicl.jpg

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
11-12-13, 9:17 am
Cuts gives me that feeling also. Can't choke my meals down.

J Wong
11-12-13, 11:23 pm
Day 3:

Just another day. I ended up eating way higher protein than fats today but I'm not going to be obsessed with that stuff. Just need to keep fats high, protein high, and carbs low and try to not go over 3,000 calories a day. Saturday night I will probably have my first "carbnite". That would be day #7 of the diet.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ufu6f9.jpg

Swolepez
11-12-13, 11:59 pm
Day 3:

Just another day. I ended up eating way higher protein than fats today but I'm not going to be obsessed with that stuff. Just need to keep fats high, protein high, and carbs low and try to not go over 3,000 calories a day. Saturday night I will probably have my first "carbnite". That would be day #7 of the diet.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ufu6f9.jpg

Hey J Wong, are you using an app or program to write down your food and macros?

J Wong
11-13-13, 12:02 am
Hey J Wong, are you using an app or program to write down your food and macros?

Yes. www.myfitnesspal.com

You can update it through your phone (assuming you download the myfitnesspal app) as well as updating it via internet on the computer.

J Wong
11-15-13, 2:08 pm
I haven't updated since Tuesday (it's Friday today)..so let me catch up.

Wednesday: I followed the general outline of the diet as usual but didn't log it using the myfitnesspal app. I was at work (at a restaurant) and I was snacking on lunch meat/cheese rolls they use for their salads and had a grilled chicken caesar salad at the end of the night as well that I couldn't log.

Thursday: I completely fell off the diet but I guess I can say I had a good excuse. I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted and I really couldn't eat anything but soft foods and all of that so ice cream and some pasta/soup from Panera Bread that my girlfriend brought to me went in my belly.

Today is Friday and I am feeling much better with minimal pain in my mouth so I am jumping right back on the plan. So, day 6:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2i9gyrk.jpg

As a lot of you know, I am training for RUM which is in 12 weeks. I do not think it's going to be ideal to follow this diet to a tee so I am going off of a modification that a friend of mine in powerlifting did with great success. He did his carb ups twice a week. I am going to follow this protocol and time my carb ups before training days/the night of a training day where I see need fit. Each carb up will be about 4-5 days. I feel like I can still get down to my goal bodyweight of 230 lbs before starting my bulk (which I will log in a separate thread with different supplements from Animal) 6 weeks out or so from RUM.

Animal Rep
10-01-14, 8:45 am
Awesome stuff so far brother. That app looks like it makes tracking a whole hell of a lot easier. Gonna be checking this one out to see how you do.