PDA

View Full Version : 615lbs x 2 x 2 deadlifts @ 203lbs BW

ibnmahama
11-11-13, 12:56 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhi2GzAWkTU

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
11-11-13, 1:55 am
Your pulls are looking good! I like the Animal logos too :-) Happy they worked for you.

Universal Rep
11-11-13, 8:51 am
Sum strong liftin brotha.

ibnmahama
11-11-13, 1:52 pm
Your pulls are looking good! I like the Animal logos too :-) Happy they worked for you.

I like them too. Thanks for the logos Ernie

ibnmahama
11-11-13, 1:53 pm
Sum strong liftin brotha.

Thanks man

brentwillisbgw
11-19-13, 11:31 pm
You seem to be struggling the most with your lockout, which is my sticking point as well. I used to drive my head back a lot like you do at lockout and still do at times. Corey Hayes suggested I keep a more neutral neck position so I'm not losing glute activation, and when I actually remember to do that I do have a much smoother lockout. Old habits die hard. This goes without saying, but you're strong as fuck lol. Awesome pulls man.

ibnmahama
11-19-13, 11:41 pm
You seem to be struggling the most with your lockout, which is my sticking point as well. I used to drive my head back a lot like you do at lockout and still do at times. Corey Hayes suggested I keep a more neutral neck position so I'm not losing glute activation, and when I actually remember to do that I do have a much smoother lockout. Old habits die hard. This goes without saying, but you're strong as fuck lol. Awesome pulls man.

Okay thanks. I have started a new 12 week program for my deads leading up to rum 7, so I guess this will be the best time to practice the neutral head position.

irondawg
11-20-13, 12:11 am
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhi2GzAWkTU

Great lifting. Do you ever pull sumo?

ibnmahama
11-20-13, 3:48 pm
Great lifting. Do you ever pull sumo?

Yeah just recently as part of my accessory work

irondawg
11-20-13, 4:50 pm
Yeah just recently as part of my accessory work

I personally like it better. I think pulling sumo will at least build strength in the hips better, it did for me. Sumo helped my squat, and I ended up being better at it. Glad to hear you've decided to train them.

Universal Rep
11-20-13, 4:52 pm

I know Corey Hayes is here on the FORVM but it sounds like hes got a wealth of knowledge?

ibnmahama
11-21-13, 12:43 am
I know Corey Hayes is here on the FORVM but it sounds like hes got a wealth of knowledge?

Yeah he is on the forum. Brent gave me some tips for helping fix the lockout problem.

corey_hayes
11-21-13, 10:22 am
Im here!

Ok, Ill explain what I was telling Brent to help everyone.

This works for any exercise so if youre trying to isolate the back or glutes on assistance exercises, this works also:

Head back cuts the glutes off, it turns it into a low back exercise
Chin down activates the glutes and takes some work off of the low back

Your problem here is part head position and part weak glutes, you may want to start some hard glute work or maybe even just start with some glute activation drills.

my favorite activation drill:
get in a glute bridge position on the floor, put a foam roller between your knees. Now slowly push your pelvis up and squeeze your ass as hard as you can WHILE squeezing your knees together on the foam roller. Hold for 3 seconds at the top... 30-50 reps everyday will get them firing hard

My favorite strength work:
Glute bridges again... Load up a barbell while laying on the floor and push the pelvis up hard and squeeze the glutes, about a 1 second hold here

OR.... Start letting the chubby girls get on top, thats my roommates method.

ibnmahama
11-21-13, 1:41 pm
Im here!

Ok, Ill explain what I was telling Brent to help everyone.

This works for any exercise so if youre trying to isolate the back or glutes on assistance exercises, this works also:

Head back cuts the glutes off, it turns it into a low back exercise
Chin down activates the glutes and takes some work off of the low back

Your problem here is part head position and part weak glutes, you may want to start some hard glute work or maybe even just start with some glute activation drills.

my favorite activation drill:
get in a glute bridge position on the floor, put a foam roller between your knees. Now slowly push your pelvis up and squeeze your ass as hard as you can WHILE squeezing your knees together on the foam roller. Hold for 3 seconds at the top... 30-50 reps everyday will get them firing hard

My favorite strength work:
Glute bridges again... Load up a barbell while laying on the floor and push the pelvis up hard and squeeze the glutes, about a 1 second hold here

OR.... Start letting the chubby girls get on top, thats my roommates method.

Okay thanks a lot. I will start the glute work today!!!

Ernie Lilliebridge Sr
12-01-13, 9:33 pm
Good form and plenty of speed off the floor, really need to start training the top end (finish/lockout and hold). Your strength and determination (as always!) very impressive!

ibnmahama
12-02-13, 12:21 am
Good form and plenty of speed off the floor, really need to start training the top end (finish/lockout and hold). Your strength and determination (as always!) very impressive!

Thanks Ernie, currently working on it as I prep for RUM