PDA

View Full Version : Odd to be proud - I think not

squattingtillipuke
11-12-13, 12:21 pm
Sometimes in life it is the small things that bring a proud smile to a parents face! I'm not saying that my children's attitude, respecting elders, grades, athletic performance, etc don't make me proud...but this one little thing added a smile so big to my face, it didn't go away for a couple days!!

Last week I got an opportunity to show my 16 year old son how his old man represents on leg day...so his cocky ass steps up and says lets go!!!

So we go
Squats 10x135 10x225 10x315 then 15x225
lunges 3 sets 20 x 155
SLDL 10x225 10x275 10x315
Leg extensions 3 sets
Leg curls 3 sets
Calfs

He went set for set and rep for rep with me!!

Post workout was some Green Apple Torrent

As we stumbled out of the barn into the house...he looks at me, smiles and said "you are crazy".

It was the next morning that the smile started. As I see him crawling up the stairs in agony he looks up, smiles and said "I hurt but I know it's for a good reason"

He now knows what it takes!!

G Diesel
11-12-13, 12:28 pm
Sometimes in life it is the small things that bring a proud smile to a parents face! I'm not saying that my children's attitude, respecting elders, grades, athletic performance, etc don't make me proud...but this one little thing added a smile so big to my face, it didn't go away for a couple days!!

Last week I got an opportunity to show my 16 year old son how his old man represents on leg day...so his cocky ass steps up and says lets go!!!

So we go
Squats 10x135 10x225 10x315 then 15x225
lunges 3 sets 20 x 155
SLDL 10x225 10x275 10x315
Leg extensions 3 sets
Leg curls 3 sets
Calfs

He went set for set and rep for rep with me!!

Post workout was some Green Apple Torrent

As we stumbled out of the barn into the house...he looks at me, smiles and said "you are crazy".

It was the next morning that the smile started. As I see him crawling up the stairs in agony he looks up, smiles and said "I hurt but I know it's for a good reason"

He now knows what it takes!!

That is a great story man. Passing on the gift of the iron is a thing of real beauty.

Peace, G