PDA

View Full Version : About the quality of bulk proteins

Fab
11-13-13, 6:50 am
I usually buy my casein protein with bulk brands and after a conversation in the gym about itīs quality i wonder what is the diference between these type and the well known brand types like ONīs casein.

Iīve read that major companies buy these bulk powders and then add their flavours which you pay more along with their label and publicity. So with cost in mind i also buy bulk.

Is this reliable or is there someone who made an analisys to check if bulk proteins contains the percentage of protein it claims or it is mixed with flour or some other powders? I didnīt believe the person who told me this and took his claim with a grain of salt.

naturalguy
11-13-13, 8:27 am
I can't speak for other companies proteins however if you are looking for a quality Casein we make Universal Casein Pro which is 100% Micellar Casein:

http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/Products/Proteins-Gainers/Casein-Pro

G Diesel
11-13-13, 10:11 am
It is probably a roll of the dice with any bulk proteins or supps in general, as it all depends on the original source. I'm sure some are of great quality and you're saving some cash. I'm also sure others are shady.

Your best bet is to buy from companies you trust that have good reputations in the industry, and to bargain hunt online for deals.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful bro.

Peace, G

Swolepez
11-13-13, 9:05 pm
Your best bet is to buy from companies you trust that have good reputations in the industry,
Peace, G

I agree with this 100%!

@Fab, Hey bro, find a company that you trust and believe they sell what is written on the label....like G said, you can usually tell which brands are good from reputation.....also in day where so many companies come and go in a blink of an eye, I find its best to buy from companies that have stood the test of time....I know a company that sells protein that has been around since 77' ;).....

Fab
11-14-13, 7:21 am
I do trust the bulk protein i buy but out of curiosity iīve decided to ask if the claims brands usually make are true. Several times we see people in bodybuilding foruns posting analysis and proving the percentage of protein is not what the brand claims.

Tiger
11-14-13, 10:55 am
That's why you're best buying from a company with integrity and an ironclad promise... ;)

KettleBellFreak
11-19-13, 3:01 pm
There are small time organic suppliers, which are great when you can drop an extra 25-35 on your protein for two months (buy mine for every two-three months), but if you're going with a major brand. Why the hell would you use anything but Universal? Since 77? Never hear bad reviews from anyone except the shit heads who expect supplements to =gains.

My personal universal favorites

REAL GAINS id buy 6 10 pound bags at a time if I could. Amazing stuff
Ultra whey pro - funky taste, but get over it, ultra cheap, ultra quality!
Torrent is the best protein/amino/carb/creatine product on the supplement market.