PDA

View Full Version : USPA raw push/pull claasic meet vid

ibnmahama
11-18-13, 2:13 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C13ZtLFiiI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIrC8HN3oy1vpGtBA4ZVqWA

ibnmahama
11-18-13, 2:21 pm
This is was different from the usual procedure of having placements in each weight category. Instead it was based on a pound for pound placement using the wilks formula. I ended up placing second in the pound for pound show down. I placed 1st among the 198lbs class and broke the state records in both the bench and deadlift for the USPA federation. Really wasn't feeling good on this day, I felt nauseous the whole time. I missed my opener bench of 402lbs. After that occurred I told my self there is no way am going to miss this particular weight regardless of how am feeling, so I came back and hit it on my second attempt. On my third attempt for bench I went up to 407lbs.I couldn't hear the head judge give the start command so I held the weight at the top longer than I was supposed to until someone from the crowd yeld out I was good to go. That definitely affected my chances of hitting that lift. When it came to time to deadlift, I was completely out of it. Just didn't feel like doing it, but I decided to go for it and take one lift after the other and go by feel,so I opened up with 611lbs. That didn't feel as it usually does on other days so instead of making my initial goal of going for 672 on my second attempt, I played it safe by going with 650lbs. That felt slow too. For my 3rd attempt I went with 672lbs. I probably could have had a better chance of finishing the lift If I had the bar properly lined up to both shines, as a result of that the bar began to swing out as I neared my knees. due to that I dropped the weight realizing I wouldn't be able to complete the lift. My total goal for this meet was to hit 1100lbs. With 420lbs in bench and 680lbs deadlift, but I ended up finishing with 1052lbs with a 402lbs bench and a 650lbs deadlift. I will like to thank the company and everyone that supported me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C13ZtLFiiI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIrC8HN3oy1vpGtBA4ZVqWA

J-Dawg
11-18-13, 3:22 pm
Ibn--congrats on a good showing despite not feeling good at the event. And even though you didn't hit the numbers you wanted, those are still some impressive lifts!

ibnmahama
11-18-13, 10:26 pm
Ibn--congrats on a good showing despite not feeling good at the event. And even though you didn't hit the numbers you wanted, those are still some impressive lifts!

Thanks J dawg