PDA

View Full Version : RAGE XL, G.O.W review.

Loomis
11-19-13, 12:06 pm
"There ain't no sin and there ain't no virtue. There is just stuff people do"

I was one of the lucky ones and got my hands on a bottle of RAGE XL: Grape of wrath... Gotta say at first glance I was disappointed.

Do not prejudge this pre-workout!

When I got the bottle everything screamed XS, not XL. The bottle was the same diameter, and smaller then the standard bottle of rage. My first thought was that this bottle is going to last me 2 weeks tops. Once you open tit up you see that not only was the bottle smaller, but so was the scoop / serving size. I was pleasantly surprised by this.

Heres what I've found....

Rage is 333g / bottle vs the XL with 151g / bottle

Serving size on Rage is one scoop in 4oz, XL is recommended 1-2 scoops in 4-8oz.

The Big thing is that XL has added Creapure creatine. There is a few other additions to the recipe, but the addition of the creatine was a big thing for me.

Personally I've been adding creatine to my rage for a while now, this makes it more convenient!

Mix-ability: one word: SMOOTH.

I took one rounded scoop with 4 oz of water. There was no sediment, it mixed completely and smoothly.

and as for flavor, It was similar to watered down grape kool-aid. I'm guessing I could have taken 2 scoops at 4oz, and not have had any issues.

Pics to follow!

J-Dawg
11-19-13, 12:28 pm
Nice Loomis! Thanks for sharing your intial thoughts on Rage XL. Glad to hear the taste was smooth. Looking forward to the pics!

And feel free to play with the water level to find out what suits your taste buds the best.

Loomis
11-19-13, 1:05 pm
Nice Loomis! Thanks for sharing your intial thoughts on Rage XL. Glad to hear the taste was smooth. Looking forward to the pics!

And feel free to play with the water level to find out what suits your taste buds the best.

I love Rage, I was involved with the original beta, and Ive used it pretty much ever since. I did take time off to run some shock therapy, but came right back to rage.

Im very confident that that XL will blow away the original.

Madcat
11-19-13, 1:09 pm
I like that it has added Creatine in it, even if just a little, that is TOP GRADE creatine. They had a booth 2 years ago at the Arnold and we talked to the people a while, and it's the main supplier for all the big brands out there. Top grade stuff.

Loomis
11-19-13, 1:14 pm
My training this morning started with a tread mill warm up.

then...

Box jumps: 3x5
Squats: 1x5 @135, 1x5 @155, 1x10 @185.
Bench: 5x5 @135.
Side bends: 2x25 @45.
Rope pull downs: 3x15 @100.
Farmers walk: 25 each hand done till failure...2 times.

Steady energy, good focus, Very easy on the stomach.

Can't complain.

I cant figure out how to post pics.... anyone feel free to chime in and help.

Swolepez
11-19-13, 4:35 pm
Rage is 333g / bottle vs the XL with 151g / bottle

Serving size on Rage is one scoop in 4oz, XL is recommended 1-2 scoops in 4-8oz.

How much servings brother?

Mr. Dead
11-19-13, 4:42 pm
Subbed...!!!

Mr. Dead
11-19-13, 4:44 pm
My training this morning started with a tread mill warm up.

then...

Box jumps: 3x5
Squats: 1x5 @135, 1x5 @155, 1x10 @185.
Bench: 5x5 @135.
Side bends: 2x25 @45.
Rope pull downs: 3x15 @100.
Farmers walk: 25 each hand done till failure...2 times.

Steady energy, good focus, Very easy on the stomach.

Can't complain.

I cant figure out how to post pics.... anyone feel free to chime in and help.

You need to upload them onto a website like photobucket, flickr, etc... After that, you can use this code web address of pic

Loomis
11-19-13, 9:23 pm
Thanks, I'll do that. With any luck I'll have my pics up tomorrow.

Serving size for me this morning was 1 rounded scoop and. 4oz of water.

Loomis
11-20-13, 3:51 pm
Standard rage vs rage XL

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/jjloomis/null_zpsf46edd4f.jpg

Loomis
11-20-13, 3:59 pm
Original scoop vs new scoop

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/jjloomis/null_zps01ee41ed.jpg

Mr. Dead
11-20-13, 4:15 pm
My advice, you have taken... Worked well, it has...