PDA

View Full Version : urg862's review on Animal Rage XL Grape of Wrath

Swolepez
11-20-13, 11:38 pm
First of all, thanks again to Animal & Universal for this opportunity!
My tub of Rage XL finally came in tonight.... first thoughts: A little disappointed in the 30 servings over 44 like the original....other than that I'm happy with the profile and the Creapure and GlycoCarn sound intriguing. Also Universal makes great purple flavored supps so hopefully Animal does as well!

So currently I'm trying to cut, so my cals are at 2300ish ....so I'm hoping Rage XL will give me that extra push...

I'm following Dorian Yate's HIT style of training. So only 1 working set per exercise with 2 forced reps and 2 negatives on most exercises. I feel like a training style like this needs something like Rage to get me going.
My split looks like this:
Mon - Shoulders/ Tri's/calves
Tues - back/ p. delts/ forearms
Thurs - chest/ bi's
sat - legs

except for this wk.....I've only done shoulders bc I was waiting for Animal Rage XL to come in. lol. So back tomorrow, chest on Friday, legs on Saturday.

Along with Rage XL, I will be taking Animal Pak & Universal Torrent (maybe Storm as well).

So I will start my Rage XL journey tomorrow!

J-Dawg
11-21-13, 3:37 pm
Definitely in for this review--Looking forward to your thoughts!

In regards to the servings--In order to provide a solid price point on the new Rage XL as well as to include the potent new ergogenic additives, the servings per bottle were lowered slightly.

Swolepez
11-21-13, 9:58 pm
Definitely in for this review--Looking forward to your thoughts!

Thanks J, will post my back workout tonight!

regards to the servings--In order to provide a solid price point on the new Rage XL as well as to include the potent new ergogenic additives, the servings per bottle were lowered slightly.

oh don't worry, I got over the serving size real quick when I read the ingredient list and additives!

Swolepez
11-22-13, 1:44 am
First off.....flavor is....GOOD! A tiny bit strong but very good, plus I tend to love Grape flavored supps! Smelled almost like some of Universal's grape flavored supps
mixibility = perfect, no clumps or residue on the inside of my shaker
effect = usually at the end of my workout I'm ready to be done....not today, I wanted to lift some more lol!.
Took just 1 scoop and seems perfect so far.

Today's workout: Back/ P.delts/ Forearms Dorian Yates HIT Style Training (usually perform 2 forced reps and 2 negatives with each exercise, usually written down as 2:2)

Lat Pulldowns = 230 x 8. 2 forced reps:2 negatives reps
DB Pullovers = 75 x 8 2:2
T Bar Row = 405 x 10 (didn't perform forced reps or neg bc the spotter couldn't step on the end of the bar the whole time and accidently let go)
Rack Deadlift = 435 x 8 (never perform forced rep or neg on these bc lower back is involved)
Back Extensions = 4 x 15 (my weak point lol)
DB Rear Delt Raises = 35 x 10 2:1
Machine Reverse Flies = 120 x 9 2:2
DB wrist curls = 20 x 8 2:2
EZ Curl Reverse Wrist curl = 95 x 8 2:2
DB Hammer Curls = 50 x 8 2:2

Usually I'm spent after this but had more energy today with Rage XL so I just did extra volume for forearms.....

Bc of the extra energy, I might perform a drop set on each exercise after I perform the 2 forced and 2 negative Reps.

DAY 2 tomorrow!

Swolepez
11-22-13, 1:46 am
All I'm going to be taking with Rage XL is Animal Pak & Universal Torrent.....

I was going to use Universal Storm as well but after 5 days of using it, I end up in the restroom with the runs each time for about an hour or 2 before it goes away LOL...no matter if I'm taking it on workout days or on off days.

G Diesel
11-22-13, 9:40 am
All I'm going to be taking with Rage XL is Animal Pak & Universal Torrent.....

Shit, if you're training hard and eating right, that just might be all you need.

Kill it my brother.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
11-22-13, 9:51 am
Looking good so far!

For flavoring--feel free to tweak the amount of water you use. How much did you mix it with this time?

Swolepez
11-22-13, 10:13 am
Shit, if you're training hard and eating right, that just might be all you need.

Kill it my brother.

Peace, G

Thanks for stopping by G!

yep, one of the first things that stuck with me when I joined this Forvm is Universal Rep's "Less is More" approach to supps. Although I should've ordered Green Apple Avalanche over Cherry Berry when it came to Universal Torrent, BUT this is a RAGE XL thread so oh well, next time......LOL

Swolepez
11-22-13, 10:15 am
Looking good so far!

For flavoring--feel free to tweak the amount of water you use. How much did you mix it with this time?

And feeling good so far as well! At least for this wk I will stick to 1 scoop......yesterday, used 4 oz, might go with 6oz today. I think that they may be the sweet spot for me...

Jay
11-22-13, 10:16 am
Really? I thought the cherry torrent was spot on. Really cant go wrong with any flavors. Anyways strong review so far. Excited to hear that it has glycocarn and creapure in it? New additions to this already awesome product.

Swolepez
11-22-13, 10:25 am
I forgot to mention: I've never actually ran a whole tub of Rage before..... just a couple of samples and half a 10 serving sample from bodybuilding.com....but I can already tell that the flavor is alot better, LOL. I feel about the same amount of raw energy and it kicks in just as fast which is a big plus for me...I never tried more that scoop before bc I just had samples and didn't want to use too fast lol, so I cant compare 2 scoops original vs 2 scoops XL.

BUT I have tried 2 scoops of Shock Therapy and I believe I got just as much, if not more energy from 1 scoop of Rage XL. The pump wasn't as great when compared to 2 scoop shock therapy (but again I had only 1 scoop Rage) but I had a good bicep pump on a back day, so that was an awesome plus. I never felt pumps from the original rage samples.

When the New Stak became available ( & before I knew I had to pay $19,000 in school loans) I dropped some serious cash for 2 bottles of Animal Test & the new Stack and ran them for 6 wks straight........Let me just say this: My strength went up BUT I'm actually pulling/pushing even more weight with Rage XL right now.....so go figure!

My plan is to run have the tub on 1 scoop & then the second half on either 1.5 or 2 scoops so I can log how each dosage felt/effected me.

I got Chest/Bi's today So I will let yall know how that goes tonight!

Swolepez
11-22-13, 11:32 am
Really? I thought the cherry torrent was spot on. Really cant go wrong with any flavors. Anyways strong review so far. Excited to hear that it has glycocarn and creapure in it? New additions to this already awesome product.

How much water do you use for Torrent Jay? That might be the issue....

& yeah I was excited too!!!

DANO
11-22-13, 8:06 pm
Looks good!
I am using torrent myself, and I have to say that the sour citrus is my favorite.

Swolepez
11-22-13, 10:25 pm
Chest/ Bi's.....Dorian Yates HIT Style ( + a drop set)

Honestly....today sucked...... For one I was stupid and ate lasagna for breakfast.....2nd, My wife and I are housesitting for a friend for 2 weeks so all of today was spent packing and getting groceries, so my diet was off and I hardly ate..... needless to say I didn't want to lift at all....I took 1 scoop of Rage XL in 6oz of water and it tasted a little better but I will probably stick to the 4oz shot! I felt energy during my warm up on the treadmill but I didn't feel an extra push too much during my workout.....also I had a new spotter today for my chest portion so I explained to him what negatives & forced reps were...he just didn't get it and couldn't help too much during my workout...... I kept the same weight as last wk for most of my lifts but actually went down in reps today.....Idk if its bc I'm eating less so my energy is going down or for the situations I had today and not getting enough quality foods in.....needless to say I will up my dose tomorrow to 1.5 scoops bc I have legs @ 6.45am!!

BUT....all in all, I got a good pump from Rage Xl!!

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/IMG_2652_zps50e7dd8f.jpg.html

Swolepez
11-22-13, 10:27 pm
Looks good!
I am using torrent myself, and I have to say that the sour citrus is my favorite.

I probably will run a tub of each flavor to be honest...lol

Swolepez
11-23-13, 5:09 pm
Today was legs @ 6:45 am in the morning..... I took 1.5 scoops of Rage XL today with 6oz water and lifted on an empty stomach......and wow I still had a great workout!!! Felt a good energy and a good focus as well! Will continue to use 1.5 scoops for the rest of the time & maybe 2 scoops on leg day.

Legs/Calves.....Dorian Yates HIT Style (with a dropset after each exercise)

Leg Extensions = 285 x 11 [+ 2 forced reps: 2 negatives]...... drop set: 190 x 15
Leg Press = 835 x 10 [+ 2f]......Drop set: 540 x 15
Barbell Squats: 405 x 10....Drop Set: 225 x 20
Lying Hamstring Curls = 212.5 x 8 [+ 2f:2n]..... Drop Set: 100 x 12
Dumbbell Still Leg Deadlift = 90 x 8
Seated Hamstring Curl = 170 x 7 [+ 2f:2n]....Drop Set: 70 x 25
Standing Calf Raise = 410 x 15 [+ 2f:2n].....Drop Set: 270 x 15
Seated Calf Raises = 145 x 8 [+ 2f:2n]....drop set: 55 x 20

I never get a pump in my legs no matter what I do....drop sets, rest pauses, super sets....& today I actually got a little something! So far I'm loving Rage XL!

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/IMG_2655_zps26ac7a44.jpg.html?filters[user]=138321894&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Swolepez
11-24-13, 11:38 pm
Chest/ Bi's.....Dorian Yates HIT Style ( + a drop set)

Honestly....today sucked...... For one I was stupid and ate lasagna for breakfast.....2nd, My wife and I are housesitting for a friend for 2 weeks so all of today was spent packing and getting groceries, so my diet was off and I hardly ate..... needless to say I didn't want to lift at all....I took 1 scoop of Rage XL in 6oz of water and it tasted a little better but I will probably stick to the 4oz shot! I felt energy during my warm up on the treadmill but I didn't feel an extra push too much during my workout.....also I had a new spotter today for my chest portion so I explained to him what negatives & forced reps were...he just didn't get it and couldn't help too much during my workout...... I kept the same weight as last wk for most of my lifts but actually went down in reps today.....Idk if its bc I'm eating less so my energy is going down or for the situations I had today and not getting enough quality foods in.....needless to say I will up my dose tomorrow to 1.5 scoops bc I have legs @ 6.45am!!

BUT....all in all, I got a good pump from Rage Xl!!

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/IMG_2652_zps50e7dd8f.jpg.html

Just realized that I forgot to write my lifts for this session:
Barbell Incline Press = 295 x 5.....drop set = 185x10
Smith Machine Decline = 270x6.....drop set = 155x8
Machine Flat Bench = 280x11 [2 forced reps: 2 negatives]....drop set = 180x8
Incline Dumbbell Flies = 75x5 [2f:2n]
Dumbbell Incline Curls = 40x9 [2f:2n]......drop set = 20x15
EZ Bar Curl = 100x8 [2f:2n].....drop set = 65x11
EZ Bar Preacher Curls = 75x8 [2f:2n]....drop set = 45x8

Swolepez
11-25-13, 11:49 pm
My diet has SUCKED lately...I only ate 2 meals today (one being Red Robin, lol) but Rage XL still gave me an awesome workout!!

Shoulders/Triceps..... Dorian Yates Style (with 1 drop set)

DB Shoulder Press = 95x13 [left arm gave out on the last rep, so no forced or negative reps]..... drop set = 50x15
DB Side Raise = 40x12 [2 forced reps:2 negatives].....drop set = 20x15
Machine Side Raises = 100x8 [2f:2n]....drop set = 50x15
DB Shoulder Shrugs = 110x25....drop set = 80x20
EZ Bar Skullcrusher = 115x12 [2f:2n]....(forgot to perform drop set)
Cable Tricep Pushdowns = 110x12 [2f:2n]...drop set = 70x15
One Arm Cable Tricep Ext = 25 x 15 [2:2]

Energy was AWESOME!!! Took 1.5 scoops in 6oz water....definitely my best workout on Rage XL so far...cant wait for tomorrow's back session....

Again, pump in my shoulders/triceps was great!
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zps93c208db.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Also for those who haven't seen the container size yet, this is Animal Rage XL next to the Animal Shaker
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zpsb176a8d2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Swolepez
11-26-13, 2:52 pm
Ok guys, depending on your tolerance to stims, don't take Rage XL too close to bed time.... I took 1.5 scoops last night around 7pm .... Was up all night. Lol. Rage XL is some strong stuff!

Gonna train back today on 1.5 scoops! Will report my workout later on tonight..

DANO
11-26-13, 3:57 pm
Ok guys, depending on your tolerance to stims, don't take Rage XL too close to bed time.... I took 1.5 scoops last night around 7pm .... Was up all night. Lol. Rage XL is some strong stuff!

Gonna train back today on 1.5 scoops! Will report my workout later on tonight..

Used 1.5 scoops today... blew up my arms for sure!

Swolepez
11-26-13, 10:28 pm
Used 1.5 scoops today... blew up my arms for sure!

Awesome brother! I'm going to try that tomorrow! Any pics of your pump??

Swolepez
11-26-13, 10:48 pm
Diet was on point today so I was amped to work out back!!...today's session was good! It was intense and I felt energy and focus from Rage XL..I couldn't tell how my pump was but it felt decent.....1.5 scoops in 6oz water again (my sweet spot for water & scoops). I never have arm days anymore but I'm planning to have one tomorrow and also perform cardio before Thanksgiving lol...

Back/P.delts/Forearms

Lat Pulldowns = 230x10 [+2 forced reps:2 negatives]....drop set = 150x10
DB Pullovers = 80x13 [+2f:2n]....drop set = 40x20
T-Bar Row = 180x8 [+2f]....drop set = 90x15
Rack Deadlifts = 445x10....drop set =315x10 (I do use a little of momentum on this lift)
Hyperextensions = 4x16
DB Rear Delt Raises = 35x13 [+2f].....drop set = 20x10
Machine Reverse Flies = 130x8 [2f:2n] (my form wasn't the greatest on this set ).....drop set = 60x9
DB Hammer Curls =55x8...drop set = 35x8...drop set= 20 x8
EZ Bar Wrist Curls (bc the straight bar was taken) = 3 sets of 25x15

I believe I'm going to keep about the same weight for most of my exercises for a while bc I want to focus a little more on my contractions for my back on every rep, bc I felt that I started to lift a little like Branch Warren on some of the drop sets, lol, and I don't think my body can handle it personally (no diss on Branch, he was actually the reason I wanted to start bodybuilding).....overall a awesome workout and an awesome assistance from Rage XL....again tomorrow will be a arm workout. Hopefully intense, but fun.

Swolepez
11-26-13, 11:18 pm
Diet was on point today so I was amped to work out back!!...today's session was good! It was intense and I felt energy and focus from Rage XL..I couldn't tell how my pump was but it felt decent.....1.5 scoops in 6oz water again (my sweet spot for water & scoops). I never have arm days anymore but I'm planning to have one tomorrow and also perform cardio before Thanksgiving lol...

Back/P.delts/Forearms

Lat Pulldowns = 230x10 [+2 forced reps:2 negatives]....drop set = 150x10
DB Pullovers = 80x13 [+2f:2n]....drop set = 40x20
T-Bar Row = 180x8 [+2f]....drop set = 90x15
Rack Deadlifts = 445x10....drop set =315x10 (I do use a little of momentum on this lift)
Hyperextensions = 4x16
DB Rear Delt Raises = 35x13 [+2f].....drop set = 20x10
Machine Reverse Flies = 130x8 [2f:2n] (my form wasn't the greatest on this set ).....drop set = 60x9
DB Hammer Curls =55x8...drop set = 35x8...drop set= 20 x8
EZ Bar Wrist Curls (bc the straight bar was taken) = 3 sets of 25x15

I believe I'm going to keep about the same weight for most of my exercises for a while bc I want to focus a little more on my contractions for my back on every rep, bc I felt that I started to lift a little like Branch Warren on some of the drop sets, lol, and I don't think my body can handle it personally (no diss on Branch, he was actually the reason I wanted to start bodybuilding).....overall a awesome workout and an awesome assistance from Rage XL....again tomorrow will be a arm workout. Hopefully intense, but fun.

this isn't right after my workout but right now at home (not much of a pump, plus I don't really know how to take a back pic effectively lol)
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zps39df9b46.jpg.html?state=copy

Swolepez
11-27-13, 10:52 pm
Don't usually have an arm day...but I wanted to have a fun session today and see what Rage XL can do for arms....I just did 3 sets of every exercise and had tons of energy...it was an intense and fun workout!
Got a good pump too!
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zps0a2f0ec0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Swolepez
11-28-13, 12:48 am
Hey guys Rage XL now available at DPSnutrition

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/s/1/c_rage%2bxl.htm

Swolepez
11-29-13, 9:48 pm
Took 1.5 scoops again in 6 oz water. Today was chest & bi's. Rage definitely woke me up today. I went from being lazy all day to focused and ready to bust the weight room. Set a PR today on incline barbell bench: 295 for 9 reps....but my decline smith machine bench keeps declining for some reason....bit overall a great session today!!!

Swolepez
11-30-13, 3:22 pm
Only had about 35-40 mins for my whole workout today. So did a 8 min warm up & 15 mins cardio, spent the remainder of the mins on lifting. Today was legs and all I did was squats. Did a total of 6 sets. 45lbs. 135 lbs, 225lbs, 315 lbs, and 405 lbs, then did a 20 rep set with 225lbs. I hit a pr on the 405 for 11 reps. Rage XL definitely pushed me through. Again 1.5 scoops in 6oz water.

Swolepez
12-03-13, 10:58 pm
Today was 1.5 scoops in 6oz of water....still hit me quick and got a great workout. I decided to move into more of a dumbbell workout for a while bc my left arm is smaller and weaker than my right & I want it to catch up. Today was shoulders/traps/triceps. Got a great workout and hit a PR on dumbbell shoulder shrugs: 110lbs for 30 reps (110 is the highest the dumbbells in my gym go up too)....great workout, tomorrow is my fav day, BACK!

Got a good shoulder & traps pump...
http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zpsa6c63e9b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0 (http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/urg862/media/image_zpsa6c63e9b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0)

Swolepez
12-04-13, 10:47 pm
Today was my favorite day:back. I did more volume today, didn't perform HIT style. Got a good workout and worked out with a friend who said he was getting tired and that I was "strong" so obviously Rage XL was working in me. Hit a PR on lat pulldowns and rack deads. Performed about 5-6 exercises with 3 sets each. 1.5 scoops is STILL hitting me like new everyday.

I think I only have about 5-6 workouts left of Rage XL

Swolepez
12-05-13, 10:57 pm
What can I say, Rage XL continues to impress. Again 1.5 scoops in 5oz water ( didn't hit any faster than 6oz). Today was chest/ bi's day. Chest was trained Dorian Yates styles while biceps were trained with more volume. Today I used all dumbbells ( trying to get my left arm to match my right arm in size/ strength). Used the 110's for 9-13 reps on chest presses (only problem is that 110's are the highest dumbbells in my gym). Performed incline press, flat bench, decline bench, incline flies, machine chest press, incline curls, standing curls, preacher curls. So far not building a tolerance to 1.5 scoops which is great! Only problem today was that while the chest portion of my workout was intense, I seemed to lose concentration/focus/ energy during the bicep portion. I think it had to do more with the volume then Rage XL though. Tomorow should be a rest day then legs on Saturday!

DANO
12-06-13, 4:49 pm
What can I say, Rage XL continues to impress. Again 1.5 scoops in 5oz water ( didn't hit any faster than 6oz). Today was chest/ bi's day. Chest was trained Dorian Yates styles while biceps were trained with more volume. Today I used all dumbbells ( trying to get my left arm to match my right arm in size/ strength). Used the 110's for 9-13 reps on chest presses (only problem is that 110's are the highest dumbbells in my gym). Performed incline press, flat bench, decline bench, incline flies, machine chest press, incline curls, standing curls, preacher curls. So far not building a tolerance to 1.5 scoops which is great! Only problem today was that while the chest portion of my workout was intense, I seemed to lose concentration/focus/ energy during the bicep portion. I think it had to do more with the volume then Rage XL though. Tomorow should be a rest day then legs on Saturday!

Rage is on point for sure! I am intrested to se if hot water has any effects for you.

Swolepez
12-06-13, 8:43 pm
Rage is on point for sure! I am intrested to se if hot water has any effects for you.

I'm going to try 5oz of tap water and microwave it for 25 seconds and then gulp down 1.5 scoops of XL tomorrow for legs......Will let you know how it goes!

Swolepez
12-07-13, 9:19 am
Today sucked....plain & simple..... I tried taking Rage XL DANO style ( with hot water) I couldn't tell much of a difference in feeling the tingles, but I will probably try it again on Monday Bc today wasn't a good morning. Got about 4-5 hours of sleep woke up feeling groggy and tired. Took rage and for the first time I didn't feel my body getting hot (that's how I know it's kicked in). In fact I didn't even sweat during my warm up which I notice Rage XL usually causes (an other way I know it has kicked in). I had legs today and by the time I finished squats (my 3rd exercise) I felt dizzy, cold, a headache, and had goosebumps . I tried some hamstrings but had to stop early. .... I don't believe it has anything to do with the Rage, I think I might have been dehydrated even though I drank a lot of water last night and some this morning. As I write this post my body is still shaking slightly (I doubt it's the fact that I took Rage XL in hot water today Bc it's more of a sick shaking than the "tingles"). When my shift is over I'm going to rest today and tomorow and see if I feel better on Monday. I will try Rage XL in hot water on Monday again if I'm feeling better so I get a better judgement on taking Rage XL in hot water

I will say that hot water brought the taste down for sure lol.

Swolepez
12-07-13, 9:32 am
On 2nd thought: I believe I have about 1 more wk on Rage XL, so if I feel better come Monday than I may spend time next wk trying to max out on Bench, Deadlift, & Squats on Rage XL and see how it goes!

DANO
12-07-13, 2:26 pm
Man, sounds like you are getting sick, I hope that isn't so.

too bad the hot water trial didn't go that well for you, I am interested to see how it does for you when you are feeling 100%.

Swolepez
12-10-13, 1:06 am
Deadlift Day:

I took 2 scoops of Rage XL in 5oz of hot water...didn't fill the tingling and couldn't tell a difference in energy between 1.5 scoops to 2 scoops.....Today I decide to perform conventional deadlifts which I haven't done in years...the last time I performed deadlifts from the floor was in my sophomore yr of high school. We only had one strength coach (in football) who would watch over the whole gym so I was never thought proper form...just lift as much weight as possible no matter how...so I deadlifted with a rounded back and one day: BAM! screwed up my back and now have Lordosis in my lower back.....needless to say I haven't performed conventional deadlifts since (although I use rack deadlifts very frequently in my back training). But today I wanted to try it again. Although I can pull rack deadlifts for 8-10 reps using about 445lbs, I only got up to 375 for deadlifts from the floor...I'm not going to lie, it was definitely an ego killer. LOL. I know rack pulls are easier then conventional deadlifts and the weight from both exercises doesn't exactly relate, but I still thought I was going to pull over 405 for 1 rep. It made me realize that my hamstrings are still a weak part when it comes to strength.... 375lbs was actually quite easy for me so I thought 405lbs would be in the bags but couldn't even get the bar past my knees...I know I could've gotten at least 385-390 but overall a fun session considering I hadn't performed conventional deadlifts in yrs and the fact that I never trained powerlifting style or maxed before (yep, until today I had never tried to max out on deadlifts). After deadlifts I still had energy from Rage XL so I performed 3 sets of wide grip pulldowns, close grip pull downs, shrugs, machine rows, close grip pull-ups (like in Frank McGrath's new video), and dumbbell rows. Overall a great session with the help of Rage Xl!

Although I was disappointed in my deadlift numbers , 3 good things came from this:
1.) Again made me realize how weak my hamstrings are so I know now I need to focus on them a bit more
2.)I have found a new love for convectional deadlifts and will start using them regularly on back days (probably replace rack deadlifts)
3.) I used chalk for the first time (all the gyms I've been at don't allow it, I'm not sure about the gym I'm in now but I used it anyway lol) and have decided to ditch straps for good and commit to chalk. It felt awesome to feel the chalk on my hands and seeing it on the bar, my shirt and shorts before doing a set of deadlifts...

Here's how the deadlift portion looked like:
Hyper extensions: 3x15
Hip Adductors: 3x12
Hip Abductors: 3x12
Deadlifts: (used mixed grip on all sets)
45x20
135x12
225x6 (used a belt from here on out due to the Lordosis in my lower back, also used chalk starting on this set )
275x3
315x1 (felt super easy: could've done 8)
365x1 (again felt easy, no struggle: could've done 2, maybe 3)
put on 405lbs and was confident and then.....couldn't get it past my knees lol. Tried it again right after and same thing happened...my ego was crushed lol. I didn't really take the recommended 5 mins between each set, I just went when I felt like it so that also didn't help. Overall I'm just happy my lower back didn't give out due to my Lordosis.

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 8:48 am
That's good weight after not hitting deads from the floor in so long!

Weak hamstrings were an issue in my deadlift as well. I pulled with all lower back with hardly any glute, hip or hamstring drive. I threw in glute/ham raises, barbell hip thrusts and threw in deficit deads which really helped my deadlift take off.

Chalk is a must for deads--that's a good thing you're using it again! I never knew if the gym I trained at allowed it either so I switched between liquid chalk and hiding my chalk in an Animal Flex container, lol.

Give it time, work the weak points and you'll get that deadlift up!

Bruiser
12-10-13, 8:54 am
Good work on deads bud. I'm the same way with resting between deadlift sets. Usually when I go for a max, I'm done from first pull to last in less than 15 minutes. Lol

Swolepez
12-10-13, 10:46 am
That's good weight after not hitting deads from the floor in so long!
Thanks J!

Weak hamstrings were an issue in my deadlift as well. I pulled with all lower back with hardly any glute, hip or hamstring drive. I threw in glute/ham raises, barbell hip thrusts and threw in deficit deads which really helped my deadlift take off.
I'm gonna incorporate some of these in my next leg session

Chalk is a must for deads--that's a good thing you're using it again! I never knew if the gym I trained at allowed it either so I switched between liquid chalk and hiding my chalk in an Animal Flex container, lol.
Yesterday, I didn't even hide it, lol. Next time, I will probably hide it in my hoodie pocket.

Give it time, work the weak points and you'll get that deadlift up!
I'm a bodybuilder at heart but I'm definitely going to incorporate some deadlifting into my regimen and try to improve my max!

Swolepez
12-10-13, 10:47 am
Good work on deads bud. I'm the same way with resting between deadlift sets. Usually when I go for a max, I'm done from first pull to last in less than 15 minutes. Lol

Thanks Bruiser! Yeah, I finished with enough time to get a whole back workout in afterwards before I had to get on my shift lol.

Bruiser
12-10-13, 10:58 am
Thanks Bruiser! Yeah, I finished with enough time to get a whole back workout in afterwards before I had to get on my shift lol.

Nice! Lol. Everybody laughs because when I go for a deadlift PR, my max pull is usually my 10th rep. Hahaha

Swolepez
12-10-13, 11:04 am
Nice! Lol. Everybody laughs because when I go for a deadlift PR, my max pull is usually my 10th rep. Hahaha

LOL. Man, you don't play around, you go in and get your shit done! Haha. That's awesome.

Swolepez
12-11-13, 10:36 pm
Bench Day:

2 scoops Rage XL in 5oz water. Didn't really feel the Rage XL hitting me today. For some reason 1.5 scoops seems to work better for me. Anyways I started off with barbell flat bench which I usually don't do anymore. Max was 350 ( although I probably could've gone a little deeper on the rep). Overall it was a great max for me. 315lbs was easier then I thought It would be while 350 lbs was somewhat of a struggle .

Bench Max:
45lbs x 30
135 x 20
185x 10
225 x 4
275 x 1 (put my wrist wraps and used chalk from here on out)
315 x 1
350 x 1

After maxing on bench I trained some chest/ shoulders/ triceps

Overall very happy with my bench after being discouraged about my Deadlift

Rage definitely helped (although I didn't feel it But I still had energy to lift afterwards). I will use 2 scoops for squat day but will go back to 1.5 after.

DANO
12-12-13, 10:13 pm
Bench Day:

2 scoops Rage XL in 5oz water. Didn't really feel the Rage XL hitting me today. For some reason 1.5 scoops seems to work better for me. Anyways I started off with barbell flat bench which I usually don't do anymore. Max was 350 ( although I probably could've gone a little deeper on the rep). Overall it was a great max for me. 315lbs was easier then I thought It would be while 350 lbs was somewhat of a struggle .

Bench Max:
45lbs x 30
135 x 20
185x 10
225 x 4
315 x 1
350 x 1

Rage definitely helped (although I didn't feel it But I still had energy to lift afterwards). I will use 2 scoops for squat day but will go back to 1.5 after.

nice buddy... It's good to know that the hot water thing is only me.

wedge
12-13-13, 11:03 am
Bench Day:

Bench Max:
45lbs x 30
135 x 20
185x 10
225 x 4
315 x 1
350 x 1

Nice benching brotha. You really didn't feel the 2 scoops? Interesting. Did you do anything different with it? Just asking because two scoops usually wake me up.

Swolepez
12-13-13, 5:43 pm
nice buddy... It's good to know that the hot water thing is only me.

I kinda wish I could've felt it too so I would know that my pre-workout had kicked in. LOL.

Swolepez
12-13-13, 5:45 pm
Nice benching brotha. You really didn't feel the 2 scoops? Interesting. Did you do anything different with it? Just asking because two scoops usually wake me up.

Thanks wedge, idk why bc 1.5 scoops hit me every time but this wk since I was maxing out I wanted to try 2 scoops. Didn't feel it hit me but I know it was working Bc my energy lasted for a while. I hope I'm not building a tolerance.

Swolepez
12-13-13, 6:37 pm
SQUAT DAY

2 scoops in 5oz water . I was excited for this day even with my lordosis Bc my legs (quads) are my strongest body part.

*Due to my lordosis I don't not squat ass-to-grass. I just hit parallel (but after today I will start going ass-to-grass and see how my back holds up, I will lower the weight as well).

My squat workout:

45lbs x 20
135 x 12
225 x 4
315 x 1
375 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1
475 x 1
495 x 1
225 x 20

Then I performed leg extensions, lying hamstring curls, hack squats.

Swolepez
12-14-13, 11:33 pm
Shoulder day

Today I took 1 scoop of Rage XL with just the red pill from Pump ( I have red pills left over from off days from when I ran a can of Pump). I actually felt Rage hit me again during my warmup on the treadmill. I also used about 10oz of water this time. It tastes really good! Reminded me of shock therapy and Storm (grape flavors of course). Had a great workout and had lots of energy and focus.

Barbell shoulder press:
45lbs x 20
95 x 15
135 x 8
185 x 4
225 x 1
245 x 1
135 x 20

Then I did more triceps and shoulder exercises for about an hour after.

I will stay on 1 scoop for the reminder of the tub and add the red pill from Pump.

Swolepez
12-16-13, 10:10 pm
Took 1 scoop Rage XL and the red pill from Pump. In 12 oz of water I felt the grape tastes amazing. Still a strong taste not watered down at all. Got great energy and focus. Today was shoulders and triceps with lower weight and more volume than usual.

Swolepez
12-17-13, 10:32 pm
Took 1 scoop Rage in 12oz water and took 1 red pill from Pump. In 12oz the grape is not too strong or too watery, I think for taste 12oz is the sweet spot for me. Also the amount of water doesn't seem to effect how fast Rage Xl hits you. In 12oz rage hit me during my warmup as I could feel my face getting hot. Again great energy and focus was on point. Today was back with more volume.

J-Dawg
12-18-13, 1:05 pm
Nice to see you find the right water to scoop ratio for best flavor!

Swolepez
12-18-13, 1:12 pm
Nice to see you find the right water to scoop ratio for best flavor!

I honestly had to keep telling myself, "you can sip it, you don't have to chug it". LOL. The taste is definitely spot on, you guys did a good job.... I looking forward to trying Mango & Lemon.

I believe today is my last scoop of Rage XL before my tub is gone :'(.....

J-Dawg
12-18-13, 1:25 pm
I honestly had to keep telling myself, "you can sip it, you don't have to chug it". LOL. The taste is definitely spot on, you guys did a good job.... I looking forward to trying Mango & Lemon.

I believe today is my last scoop of Rage XL before my tub is gone :'(.....

That's a sad day :(

The Mango is the one that I'm currently hooked on!

Swolepez
12-18-13, 6:08 pm
That's a sad day :(

The Mango is the one that I'm currently hooked on!

I'm actually getting Mango and Lemon for Christmas (it was suppose to be a surprise but my wife didn't know where and how to order it) so come new yrs I will try a scoop of each and decide which is my favorite flavor.

Swolepez
12-18-13, 10:19 pm
Took 1 scoop Rage XL with red pill from Pump. Great energy.

Swolepez
12-18-13, 10:56 pm
Ok so not really Day 20 but dosage number 20. I only had 1/2 a scoop left so I used it tonight and performed very light legs. Stuck in the 20-30 rep range.

I'm officially done with my Rage XL tub. Thanks for the opportunity Animal!
I will be leaving out of state for Christmas so I will try to find time to write my final and complete review on Rage XL sometime before Christmas Day...... My plan is to take a week off from lifting and 2 wks off of stims .

Swolepez
12-21-13, 9:56 pm
Overview: first of all, thanks Animal/Universal for this awesome experience and opportunity to be one of the first to run a tub of Rage XL. My flavor was Grape of Wrath (awesome name by the way).

Dosage: I used 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops, 2 scoops and 1 scoop with 1 stim pill from Pump. The best dosage for energy, focus, concentration and pump for me was 1.5 scoops.

Profile: I'm not going to list the profile just going to mention likes/dislikes
Likes: personally, I love the addition of Creatine in monohydrate form. 1 less supp you have to buy and a proven supp. Also I liked the addition of Glycocarn which seemed to help with blood flow and pumps. Both of these additions were awesome and made Rage better overall IMO.
Dislikes: the serving size is now 30, down from 44 like the original. My main dislike is 200mg of caffeine compared to 300mg caffeine to the original . So that means means 1.5 scoops = 1 scoop of the original in terms of energy. That equals taking even more scoops which in the end means Rage XL can possibly run out fast. If taking 2 scoops, that will leave just 15 servings per tub.

Mixability: 1 scoop, 1.5 scoop, 2 scoops in 5oz, 6oz, 10oz, 12oz of water.... It didn't matter, NEVER once did I have any problems with clumps or residue on the bottom. The best experience I've had with any supp when it comes to mixability. Used my Animal shaker to shake up Rage XL.

Taste: I'm never one to care about the taste of pre-workouts. As long they work. Even the original flavor was good enough for me. BUT I have to say:Animal nailed the taste on this one (Grape). 5-6oz gave it a stronger taste while 10-12oz was my sweet spot. Not too strong not too watery. Just right! I took half my scoops as a shot and some I sipped on (yes you can sip on the new Rage). Can't wait to try the other flavors!

Effectiveness: this is where a supp either breaks it or makes it for me. Again, Animal delivered. 1.5 scoops was my sweet spot. Focus, energy, concentration was on point! Let's compare it this way: I'm only 22 so natural test products probably don't do much for me but : I got more energy and more strength on 1.5 scoops of Rage XL then I did from running a back to back cycle of Animal Test and the new Stak. I think that speaks alone for the effectiveness of Rage XL. After my normal routine I still had energy on most days to want to hit the weights some more. In fact the energy would carry over on to cardio. I took Rage XL right before warming up on the treadmill before my training sessions. About 6-8mins in my body would feel hot and I would start to sweat letting me know Rage XL has already hit me. I was able to lift heavier on Rage XL, just be careful to not take it too late Bc it's powerful. It kept me up too 2 in the morning once. Whether taken as a shot or sipped on, Rage still hit me fast. Rage XL is some powerful stuff!

Value/Overall: this product would be a 10/10 but the fact that I and and I believe most people who are use to the original Rage will need more than one serving, knocks it down to 9.5/10. Again at 1.5 scoops it will take it down to 20 servings per tub and this who will have to use 2 scoops will have a 15 serving tub. So far though, retailers are selling Rage XL at a great price this keeps rating at 9.5/10. Other than that, awesome product. I recommend everyone to give Rage XL a try. Great focus, great energy, overall a great product. I have the Mango and Lemon flavors coming in for Christmas! Just remember that you don't have to chug this one, you can sip on it!

Swolepez
01-09-14, 12:23 am
Ok guys I finally tried all 3 flavors of Rage XL.
Mango Unchained smells the best but Lemon Slayed is by far the best flavor!
Ratings on taste:
Grape of Wrath: 9/10
Mango Unchained:10/10
Lemon Slayed: 11/10