PDA

View Full Version : Grape of Wrath XL impressions

Menelol
11-22-13, 7:21 am
Just got it in the mail ( a little later than everyone else) yesterday but

since it's already this far through the week I'm going to do try shoulders and then back the next day.
My shoulder routine is 8-10 lifts so I'll update this later today.

J-Dawg
11-22-13, 9:20 am
Awesome! Looking forward to your Rage XL feedback.

Guns_on_fire
11-22-13, 2:17 pm
subbed!

Menelol
11-22-13, 4:31 pm
Well I wasn't really optimistic about the flavor of grape at first but than I realized how great this PWO really is,

No cons or inbetweens with this

Pros:
Scoop size, the dosing telling you you can have two scoops.
I find that the small scoop size is really great for my 'sensitive' GI track.

Packaging and schawg rage sticker I got two years ago really made me always want to try rage and I finally got to!

Flavor: While Grape of Wrath was anything but sweet (which at first I thought was a con because it tasted like medicine) it turns out to be a plus!
See, after talking with my friend Nick about X PWO (not gonna say names but another company) The less sweet a PWO is the more you know it's quality that doesn't need to be masked with sweeteners.
More to the point X PWO made me want to throw up so much (Another great thing about rage is the little amount of water it recommends to take with it is definitely a spell for less nausea.)

Now if I could talk about this 'X' PWO, you never realize how good (or shitty) something was until you've moved on, but boy 'X' was terrible compared to rage, WAYYY more bloating, wayy less energy.

(My shoulders were fuarking pumped on Rage XL! holy sht were my delts looking sick)

4: Addition of creapure! (No bloating, more pump definitely a winning change)

5:While I sort of went over this it's worth noting that Rage leaned me out and I'm sure the 'quick energy complex' burns a sweet amount of fat!
('X' PWO in comparison like I said, bloated me, and if you're anything like me you want to look in the mirror, look good, and also feel good from the PWO you're on)

Bonus pro: Matches my Pak cans, my real gains, and the sticker on my computer (which is really cool actually)

In conclusion:
I thought the taste was pretty bad at first, but after some thought (and discussion with my friend) I realized the less sweet, the less you want to throw-up,

and actually, I really do like how it's reminiscent of grape cough syrup.

If you're looking for a PWO that will burn fat, give you really nice sustained energy, and won't make you want to throw up and pass out (cough cough assault)
This is it!

Way to go and long live Universal!

Swolepez
11-22-13, 5:14 pm
Well I wasn't really optimistic about the flavor of grape at first but than I realized how great this PWO really is,

No cons or inbetweens with this

Pros:
Scoop size, the dosing telling you you can have two scoops.
I find that the small scoop size is really great for my 'sensitive' GI track.

Packaging and schawg rage sticker I got two years ago really made me always want to try rage and I finally got to!

Flavor: While Grape of Wrath was anything but sweet (which at first I thought was a con because it tasted like medicine) it turns out to be a plus!
See, after talking with my friend Nick about X PWO (not gonna say names but another company) The less sweet a PWO is the more you know it's quality that doesn't need to be masked with sweeteners.
More to the point X PWO made me want to throw up so much (Another great thing about rage is the little amount of water it recommends to take with it is definitely a spell for less nausea.)

Now if I could talk about this 'X' PWO, you never realize how good (or shitty) something was until you've moved on, but boy 'X' was terrible compared to rage, WAYYY more bloating, wayy less energy.

(My shoulders were fuarking pumped on Rage XL! holy sht were my delts looking sick)

4: Addition of creapure! (No bloating, more pump definitely a winning change)

5:While I sort of went over this it's worth noting that Rage leaned me out and I'm sure the 'quick energy complex' burns a sweet amount of fat!
('X' PWO in comparison like I said, bloated me, and if you're anything like me you want to look in the mirror, look good, and also feel good from the PWO you're on)

Bonus pro: Matches my Pak cans, my real gains, and the sticker on my computer (which is really cool actually)

In conclusion:
I thought the taste was pretty bad at first, but after some thought (and discussion with my friend) I realized the less sweet, the less you want to throw-up,

and actually, I really do like how it's reminiscent of grape cough syrup.

If you're looking for a PWO that will burn fat, give you really nice sustained energy, and won't make you want to throw up and pass out (cough cough assault)
This is it!

Way to go and long live Universal!

I love the addition of creatine and the glycocarn (which I believe helps with the pumps you were feeling)! I actually thought the grape tasted good....sounds like you found your new go-to pre-workout!

Menelol
11-22-13, 6:00 pm
I love the addition of creatine and the glycocarn (which I believe helps with the pumps you were feeling)! I actually thought the grape tasted good....sounds like you found your new go-to pre-workout!

Yeah if only I could buy some now, like I said though the grape is good but to some it'll definitely taste like cough syrup (but alas, that's artificial flavoring for ya)

Menelol
11-22-13, 6:34 pm
Also I'm gonna try two scoops tomorrow for back day
Lets hope I get a new deadlift PR yeahhh

Menelol
11-23-13, 7:01 pm
So I didn't get a Deadlift personal record (mostly due to not really eating beforehand), but definitely a dynamic intensity PR, everyone 'mirin my slamming that barbell on the rubber floor.

I've come to the conclusion while not sweet, grape's (flavor) awesome with a little more water.

I didn't try two scoops but one and a half, definitely no jitters, which is really great because a lot of PWO have really shitty come-ups.

Fuarking pumped as just like last time (except it was back day so most of the pump was in my chest somehow...

Will report back with two scoops on monday. cy@

J-Dawg
11-25-13, 1:08 pm
Looking good so far M! For taste, you can play around with the level of water to find out what suits you best. From what we've seen, some prefer 3oz up to 6oz of water per scoop. Less water = stronger taste. More water = smoother taste.

Menelol
11-25-13, 8:48 pm
Looking good so far M! For taste, you can play around with the level of water to find out what suits you best. From what we've seen, some prefer 3oz up to 6oz of water per scoop. Less water = stronger taste. More water = smoother taste.

The grape taste is actually very good, I just wish I could buy some already!

also something I forgot to include in the OP (well O review) was that the color is fucking cool, no lie.

I know visual is a big thing for PWOs but the purple looks cool as fk