PDA

View Full Version : rbowman91 RAGE XL Log - Lemon Slayed

rbowman91
11-23-13, 2:39 pm
My Rage XL just came in the mail! Only took a few days. Unfortunately i JUST finished my bench workout and it was on my doorstep when I got home. Wish i could have tried it today!

I'm going to give it my first run on monday for deadlifts. Will keep you guys posted! Thanks again ANIMAL for giving back to the fans!!

Just curious: I wonder if J-Dawg or any other reps coud give some insight into the caffeine content? Is 1 scoop of XL the same caffeine amount as previous RAGE?

SquatPressPull
11-23-13, 3:10 pm
Subbed. Lemon is my favorite. I wanna know how good it tastes (not that it's a deciding factor.).

rbowman91
11-23-13, 9:28 pm
Subbed. Lemon is my favorite. I wanna know how good it tastes (not that it's a deciding factor.).

Smells good, will reviewon Monday after my first use!

J-Dawg
11-25-13, 1:03 pm
In for this!

1 scoop of this new version has the caffeine anhydrous level lowered a bit. But we also have other natural sources of caffeine as well--coffee bean extract and green tea extract. It's now the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee. Before was 3 cups. Hope that clears it up!

naturalguy
11-25-13, 1:21 pm
Looking forward to your thoughts

rbowman91
11-25-13, 1:34 pm
Today was my first use of rage XL:

Details-
-today was my deadlifting day (i am using 5/3/1)
-INJURY BLUES: i recently had a hip flexor injury from pushing a set of heavy squats to failure (stupid), so i've had to back off all squatting and switch from sumo deadlift to conventional, which lowered my poundages and has depressed me a little. i'm fighting through those injury-blues in every workout (though i can bench, press, and deadlift without any pain at all. i believe the injury was very mild)
-height 5'6
-bodyweight 185

DOSAGE: 1 scoop

TASTE: tasted very good. i have the LEMON SLAYED flavor. it didnt taste like that piss-lemon you get from most lemon pre workouts. Tasted like a lemon-head (kinda). i like the flavor a lot.

EFFECTS:
-one big difference between this one and old rage was the onset of the effects. old rage hit me VERY fast and would gradually taper throughout the workout. Rage XL, on the other hand, hit me much more gradually and kicked in right when i hit my major working set of deadlifts (great timing). It pumped me up a lot.
-All of my weights were heavier than usual this week, which may be due to the added creatine in the formula. Usually extra creatine makes me stronger. (although i AM using a strength training program, so poundage increases SHOULD be happening regardless)

FIRST THOUGHTS: i REALLY like this product. it didnt deviate too much from the old rage, but i really liked the way this one hit me gradually and pushed me through a workout that was kinda tough to get through (due to just feeling discouraged from not being able to front squat on my assistance work and feeling like a bitch)

Sometimes the hardest thing to fight in training is my own mental roadblocks, and today i felt RAGE XL helped me rip those roadblocks in half and finish my training at 100%.

ALSO: i was able to eat my post workout meal right after with no problems. which tells me that RAGE XL did not mess up my appetite or negatively affect my stomach.

G Diesel
11-25-13, 1:37 pm
Great review bro. Looking forward to seeing how you progress on XL.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
11-25-13, 2:07 pm
Great stuff Ross! Staying tuned to see how this continues to go for ya.

rbowman91
11-25-13, 3:17 pm
Thanks fellas. I'm more excited to see what happens with 2 scoops :)

J-Dawg
11-25-13, 3:45 pm
Thanks fellas. I'm more excited to see what happens with 2 scoops :)

That should be interesting! I haven't moved past 1 scoop yet with Rage XL but curious to see how it goes for ya.

Jay
11-25-13, 9:07 pm
Nice review. Im lovin' the lemon flavor as well.. So, does J-dawg mean 2 scoops would be like 3 cups of coffee?

Swolepez
11-25-13, 10:34 pm
it didnt taste like that piss-lemon you get from most lemon pre workouts. Tasted like a lemon-head (kinda).

Awesome!, can't wait to try it! never had a lemon supp...

rbowman91
11-26-13, 9:42 am
Nice review. Im lovin' the lemon flavor as well.. So, does J-dawg mean 2 scoops would be like 3 cups of coffee?

yea i think thats what hes sayin

rbowman91
11-26-13, 11:33 am
Tomorrow is my military press day (5/3/1). i will also be doing some speedwork on the bench, some shoulders supersets, and some biceps work. (mirror muscles day).

i am on the fence about whether to take 1 or 2 scoops of XL. since its military press day, thats not an exercise where i really feel taxed and need an extra kick for (unlike deadlifting or squatting).

im also hoping the big winter storm doesnt make it a challenge to get to the gym. but i'm going regardless.

rbowman91
11-27-13, 10:48 am
Today is my second time training with XL. It will be military press using 5/3/1, and assistance work for delts and biceps. (mirror-muscles day).

Probably going withj just 1 scoop. I dont think i need 2 scoops just to push through a military press workout.

rbowman91
11-27-13, 2:23 pm
Today was my second time using RAGE XL. Here is my verdict:

-I only used 1 scoop today
-Def felt it, but it was hard to get into my training today. However, it was probably because: I am currently visiting the fam in NJ, so i had to hit up the local golds which was obviously not my normal golds back home. I typically train at a powerlifting gold's gym, and this one was very different from what I'm used to. I also had to find equipment.

It always throws me off when I train somewhere that im not used to.

In addition: I never get too fired up for my military press day. I'm good at pressing and i hit my numbers and set PR's today, but it still is never as fun for me as benching or deadlifting.

The true test will be on Sat, when I go for my heavy bench day. I'm going to be taking 2 scoops for that. I will be training this friday also, but its going to be a very light 'rehab' workout. I have to lay off squats, so im just gonna be addressing weaknesses like my glutes and hams. I will also practice strict curl. I dont even think i want to waste a precious scoop of XL for that.

rbowman91
12-02-13, 12:32 pm
Okay, been sluggin down some RAGE XL now for the past week or so. I've used it 4 times (i train 4x a week). Here are my assessments so far after the past couple training sessions:

-Biggest difference between XL and Original (that I've noticed) is: Immediate energy rush vs gradual effect. With Original Rage, i would throw it down literally as I was walking into the gym and felt it kick in during my warmup. Usuually within minutes. However, this effect was great for my initial big lift, but i would typically run out of gas further down my assistance work (i train for an hour, not counting warmup and stretching).

RAGE XL, on the other hand, should be taken 20 minutes before training. The effect takes a little longer to kick in, and then hit its you like a hard smack upside the head. If i take it while drivingf to the gym, it usually hits me by my second set of whatever major lift i'm hitting that day. (its more similar to Shock Therapy).

The effects seem more "endurance" focused. I notice it carries throughout all of my training and doesnt seem to taper off as quick. (i am using 2 scoops).

I have no idea how it relates to the "pump" however, As i have switched to powerlifting (5/3/1), i have much less high-volume pump style training. I've definitely had pumps on it (i have the occasional superset or high volume set of 5x10 in my current program), but my training is more strength-based now. So i can't really tell you how the pumps on XL are compared to on Original.

G Diesel
12-02-13, 2:29 pm
I've had a full serving of grape and mango, still waiting to try the lemon.

Taste was amazing and, most importantly, the impact was the same as original Rage. Trying to see if I notice the more gradual onset you're speaking of. Will try to pay more attention to the effects.

Glad to hear it is working well for you bro.

Peace, G

rbowman91
12-02-13, 2:43 pm
I've had a full serving of grape and mango, still waiting to try the lemon.

Taste was amazing and, most importantly, the impact was the same as original Rage. Trying to see if I notice the more gradual onset you're speaking of. Will try to pay more attention to the effects.

Glad to hear it is working well for you bro.

Peace, G

Yes definitley working well bro.

Let me know if you pick up on what I'm talking about. i think its still just as powerful, but i notice a huge difference in how/when the effect kicks in. which i dont think is necessarily good or bad. I dont think it makes much difference aside from how long i take my pre-workout before training

rbowman91
12-03-13, 2:34 pm
So based on the differences i noticed between original and XL (mainly in how long it takes to hit), i threw down my rage on my way to the gym, which was about 20 min before training.

Sure enough this worked like a charm. I felt incredibly amped up when it came time to deadlift. I finished my 5/3/1 sets, hit some singles, and then went for a PR.

I was ridiculously fired up from the XL (did 2 scoops), which had me in the right state of mind. I crushed an ammonia cap, took a huge whif, and then just ripped the fucker off the floor like it was nothing. It wasn't even a crazy PR, but it was really easy. 3 months ago it would have been very difficult for me to hit that on a max attempt. Today it was cake. I still have no idea what my 1rm would be, but im happy that XL put me in that state of mind (stims tend to do that to me).

Obviously supps dont set PR's, but they can definitely change your mindset. And more than half of this shit is mental. (at least for me).

I'm glad im using RAGE XL with 5/3/1. Getting bigger and stronger every day.

Swolepez
12-03-13, 3:44 pm
So based on the differences i noticed between original and XL (mainly in how long it takes to hit), i threw down my rage on my way to the gym, which was about 20 min before training.

Sure enough this worked like a charm. I felt incredibly amped up when it came time to deadlift. I finished my 5/3/1 sets, hit some singles, and then went for a PR.

I was ridiculously fired up from the XL (did 2 scoops), which had me in the right state of mind. I crushed an ammonia cap, took a huge whif, and then just ripped the fucker off the floor like it was nothing. It wasn't even a crazy PR, but it was really easy. 3 months ago it would have been very difficult for me to hit that on a max attempt. Today it was cake. I still have no idea what my 1rm would be, but im happy that XL put me in that state of mind (stims tend to do that to me).

Obviously supps dont set PR's, but they can definitely change your mindset. And more than half of this shit is mental. (at least for me).

Congrats on your PR dude!
I currently take Rage XL right before I start my 8 min warm up and I feel it starting to hit towards the end of that. 1.5 scoops still hits me fast but I have noticed it last longer than the original

naturalguy
12-03-13, 4:24 pm
Nice job on the PR

rbowman91
12-03-13, 4:27 pm
Congrats on your PR dude!
I currently take Rage XL right before I start my 8 min warm up and I feel it starting to hit towards the end of that. 1.5 scoops still hits me fast but I have noticed it last longer than the original

thanks bro! go for 2 scoops on your next deadlift day. totally worth it.

rbowman91
12-03-13, 4:27 pm
Nice job on the PR

thanks bro!

rbowman91
12-10-13, 9:21 am
Two scoops of RAGE XL is a fucking blast. Just saying. highly recommended for your deadlift day.

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 9:27 am

Way to go on that deadlift PR R!

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 9:27 am
Two scoops of RAGE XL is a fucking blast. Just saying. highly recommended for your deadlift day.

Sounds like a good tip for the heavy days!