PDA

View Full Version : Rage XL. Jays review.

Jay
11-25-13, 8:59 pm
I recieved my Rage XL, Lemon Slayed, this weekend and put it to the test today.

http://s22.postimg.org/k5o4abnil/photo.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/k5o4abnil/)

Background: for those that may not know I have been a supporter/user of Animal/Universal products for a few years now. I post often on this forum and the UniversalUsa forums. I competed in my first powerlifting competition a few months ago with plans to compete again in the near future.

Diet: I'm slowly getting back on track with eating appropriately. 5-6 meals aday with 1-2 of those meals as shakes. Lots of water, near if not more then a gallon.

Training: I have sucombed to a training program called MI40 by Ben Pakulski. I usually dont fall for these gimmicks but the program is awesome. Its a 5 day a week training program that you follow for 40 days. After these 40 days I will get back into the powerlifting mindset and get ready for a competition in March.

Supplementation: Rage XL. Atomic 7 bcb + Carbmax citrus (2 scoops) intra workout. Univite. Fish oil. Glutamine. Pro/oats. Basically it.

Day 1: Today I did chest/biceps. 4 exercises for chest, 3 for biceps.

Rage; Observations.
First the can. The can is much wider then the original. Very cool, and easy to get your hand into. Secondly, the scoop. The scooper is much smaller then the original, therefore a smaller serving size. I noticed that you can now take 1-2 scoops compaired to the 1 scoop as before. Great idea here. For me, 1 does the trick. Added goodies are in XL's ingredient profile which makes XL even more awesome.

Powder: The powder seemed to be fine/lighter then previous versions. Smells FANTASTIC!

Taste: I am BLOWN away at the taste here. The lemon slayed tastes exactly like a lemon drop. I used one level scoop in 6oz of water. I found the flavor to be enjoyable, not too over powering. Infact I was concerned becuase the water was really clear so I thought the flavor may be watered down a bit, but this was not the case. I know that Rage is supposed to be a shot, but I like sipping on it. In using 2 scoops I would so more water would be important to dim down the taste. I will try 2,4, and 8oz of water in the upcoming days.

Effects: like I said I like to sip on Rage more so then taking it as a 'shot.' I began to feel an intense focus inhancement within the first 10 minutes. A steady increase in energy followed soon after. I had taken a stim break earlier this month in preparation for XL and have been cycling on/off stims for the past week. I'd say the full effects of XL were felt within 20 minutes of taking it. Rage XL was sipped while I got caught up on the new ox video; Being a Bodybuilder #2: Blood Is Thicker Than Weights . I got to the gym and was ready to go. I consumed a meal containing no carbs just protien/fats about 1.5 hr pre workout. The energy I was experiencing was welcomed.
Chest
incline BP
Incline machine press
Flat DB
Dips
____
Bi's
2 arm curls.
BB curls
Incline DB

Rage carried me through this workout nicely. No crash, no jitters, nothing. The pumps were amazing- I could feel my chest/bi's fill with blood after each set. Im not sure if thats from Rage XL, or the fact that XL helps you focus on the muscles you are working and enhance that mind-muscle connection.

So overall I am throughly happy with Rage XL. This is a winner. I use 3 pre workouts, and only 3. Rage. Pump. and of course, Shock Therapy. Nothing else compairs. Period. Rage XL will be a great addition to my stack and I cant wait to try out the other flavors.

Swolepez
11-25-13, 10:42 pm
I'm slowly getting back on track with eating appropriately. 5-6 meals aday with 1-2 of those meals as shakes. Lots of water, near if not more then a gallon.

Don't worry bro, just know you not alone. I'm trying to get back on track with my diet as well......diet looks similar to yours, 2 shakes for 2 of my meals and a lot of water lol.
Looks like your first session with Rage XL was a success by the way!!

Jay
11-26-13, 11:38 am
Don't worry bro, just know you not alone. I'm trying to get back on track with my diet as well......diet looks similar to yours, 2 shakes for 2 of my meals and a lot of water lol.
Looks like your first session with Rage XL was a success by the way!!

Diet is tough. I was able to do a meal plan with a nutritionist twice, and that was the best eating I had done. Its tough to do it by myself. But im finding ways to make it work. Not a huge fan of protein shakes but they sure come in handy. Rage is just awesome, I've always liked it, and it just got better. Having some now as we speak.

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:05 pm
Thanks for posting up your thoughts Jay.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the best powder to water ratio is for you!

DANO
11-26-13, 1:19 pm
the grape is just about right with the 4oz for me...

wedge
11-26-13, 1:22 pm
Good work in here buddy. I'm still a bit taken back about sipping Rage now, but it works. I'm loving the grape flavor.

DANO
11-26-13, 1:27 pm
Good work in here buddy. I'm still a bit taken back about sipping Rage now, but it works. I'm loving the grape flavor.

I know... the habit of slamming back the powder washed down with water is still very hard to break!

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:30 pm

That's what I found too. Gives it a nice smooth, yet strong flavor.

Sipping Rage vs slamming it back is definitely a new experience. But, we figured awesome formula + flavor was the way to go in order to really give Rage XL a boost.

I know... the habit of slamming back the powder washed down with water is still very hard to break!

I've seen a lot of guys do that with the older formula. Still could never quite get that down!

Jay
11-26-13, 8:48 pm
Thanks for posting up your thoughts Jay.

I'm looking forward to hearing what the best powder to water ratio is for you!

No problem, thanks for selecting me.

4oz is next on my list.

Gotta try that grape!

I havent tried that yet, too hardcore, lol

intoodeep25
11-26-13, 10:15 pm
try rubbing a little on your gums like a crack head. mmmmm

Jay
11-27-13, 11:39 am
try rubbing a little on your gums like a crack head. mmmmm

LOL! I saw that. How did that workout?

Jay
11-27-13, 11:46 am
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3016/ai4h.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/ai4h.jpg/)

8oz of water yesterday. Nothing new to note. Pure awesomeness.

Taste was very light, like lemonade, with that amount.

meal 1 steak/potato.

Meal 2 Muscle egg whites, chocolate.

Rage. I think I took it too close to meal 2, so it didn't hit me as hard, but had a solid workout non the less.

back
underhand cable row
1 arm db row
bb row
pull up
pull downs

hamstring work.

Today Im currently consuming rage with 5oz water.

wedge
11-27-13, 12:08 pm
Gotta try that grape!
lol

We get a session in before we run out of Rage, I'll trade you a scoop of grape for a scoop of yours.

intoodeep25
11-27-13, 3:37 pm
LOL! I saw that. How did that workout?

I used to do it with the old formula too. Good stuff.

Jay
12-01-13, 11:36 am
We get a session in before we run out of Rage, I'll trade you a scoop of grape for a scoop of yours.

Its a deal.. Could even go one step further and meet at Powerhouse Gym.

Jay
12-01-13, 11:37 am
I used to do it with the old formula too. Good stuff.

I must say I never tried it!

wedge
12-02-13, 9:38 am
Its a deal.. Could even go one step further and meet at Powerhouse Gym.

Lets set something up.

Jay
12-04-13, 10:46 am
I have been using Rage XL for roughly a week now. I could continue logging, but I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. I have been experiencing nothing but a positive energy increase, pumps (many days just after the first few sets) and no negative side effects. Today for example I woke up feelin more tired then usual. 1 heaping scoop later and Im starting to come around. I have had a good energy boost with just 1 scoop, or just slightly over. I have yet to go with 1.5-2 scoops. I have used water in; 8oz, 6oz, 4 oz, and today 7oz. All with great results. The more water you use the weaker the flavor is obviously. I have stacked Rage with just glutamine ( I bet animal pump would be amazing)

I think I'd prefer the 6-8oz of water range only because I enjoy Rage and don't mind sipping on it. Yesterday I consumed 1.1 scoops in 4oz of water and drank it quickly. Honestly I did not see much difference in energy between 8oz or 4oz. Both were perfect. 4oz led to:

One-Arm Cable Side Laterals 4 10
Seated Side Laterals 4 20
Two-Arm Dumbbell Front Raise 4 10
Rear Delt Cable Fly 4 15
Machine Shoulder Press 4 10

On another positive note my next powerlifting meet will officially be in March. Should this be successful I will qualify to compete at the 2013 Europa in Hartford. Rage came at a perfect time to prepare for the meet!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5152/dx1d.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/dx1d.jpg/)

naturalguy
12-04-13, 11:18 am
Thanks for the feedback Jay.
Good luck training for your meet. Are you doing RPS again?

Jay
12-04-13, 11:31 am
Thanks for the feedback Jay.
Good luck training for your meet. Are you doing RPS again?

Your welcome. Rage XL is a winner.

Yes I am. Although I have never went to any meet other then RPS, I like the staff, Gene, the format, etc. The staff and the people competing made me feel at ease when I did my first meet back in October and I learned a lot.
It is the 2014 RPS New England Revolution.

naturalguy
12-04-13, 12:01 pm
Your welcome. Rage XL is a winner.

Yes I am. Although I have never went to any meet other then RPS, I like the staff, Gene, the format, etc. The staff and the people competing made me feel at ease when I did my first meet back in October and I learned a lot.
It is the 2014 RPS New England Revolution.

Nice! They do run such a great meets

Jay
12-09-13, 7:32 pm
Nice! They do run such a great meets

Yea they do. Looking forward to competing at the Hartford Europa!

Jay
12-09-13, 7:36 pm
Still Ragin' on. I picked up some Shock Therapy (peach tea, of course) and have been switching back and forth. Been on a stim break the past few days (about 4 days now) as I have decided to take more frequent stim breaks just to keep things fresh. The second week of January I will start my prep for my next powerlifting meet (exactly 12 weeks out) and most likely use the cube method, and will pick up brandons new book. Speaking of him, I met Brandon Lilly this weekend at a JTS seminar in Connecticut. I learned so much in just four hours and improved my lifts with their advice. I even hit a PR on deadlift without even trying. Looking forward to Rage helping me reach the 400pd range.

Swolepez
12-10-13, 12:57 am
Looking forward to Rage helping me reach the 400pd range.

I tried to reach the 400lb club on deadlifts today......missed it...

Good luck on yours bro

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 9:01 am
I have been using Rage XL for roughly a week now. I could continue logging, but I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product. I have been experiencing nothing but a positive energy increase, pumps (many days just after the first few sets) and no negative side effects. Today for example I woke up feelin more tired then usual. 1 heaping scoop later and Im starting to come around. I have had a good energy boost with just 1 scoop, or just slightly over. I have yet to go with 1.5-2 scoops. I have used water in; 8oz, 6oz, 4 oz, and today 7oz. All with great results. The more water you use the weaker the flavor is obviously. I have stacked Rage with just glutamine ( I bet animal pump would be amazing)

I think I'd prefer the 6-8oz of water range only because I enjoy Rage and don't mind sipping on it. Yesterday I consumed 1.1 scoops in 4oz of water and drank it quickly. Honestly I did not see much difference in energy between 8oz or 4oz. Both were perfect. 4oz led to:

One-Arm Cable Side Laterals 4 10
Seated Side Laterals 4 20
Two-Arm Dumbbell Front Raise 4 10
Rear Delt Cable Fly 4 15
Machine Shoulder Press 4 10

On another positive note my next powerlifting meet will officially be in March. Should this be successful I will qualify to compete at the 2013 Europa in Hartford. Rage came at a perfect time to prepare for the meet!

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5152/dx1d.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/dx1d.jpg/)

Awesome Jay!

RPS is a great organization--very smoothly run and great people.

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 9:03 am
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3016/ai4h.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/ai4h.jpg/)

I miss this old Universal Nutrition shaker. I had one left that I had used for over 5 years but accidentally left it at the gym one day and I never saw it again :(

But I love the new Animal shaker and use that one to mix up Rage XL now.

Jay
02-05-14, 5:18 pm
I miss this old Universal Nutrition shaker. I had one left that I had used for over 5 years but accidentally left it at the gym one day and I never saw it again :(

But I love the new Animal shaker and use that one to mix up Rage XL now.

Ugh thats a bad day! This is one of my favorite shakers still in use today. I actually found this one brand new on Ebay.

Jay
03-13-14, 11:34 am
Yes, RageXl has been out for sometime now, but I wanted to say some final words. My XL just ran out about 2 weeks ago- and I added to the family.
http://s4.postimg.org/9rmk0i5vt/dhgd.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9rmk0i5vt/)

RageXL has delivered some of the best and cleanest energy boosts I've experienced since the original Rage. I have experienced no side effects, just strength gains. Before starting XL I was getting back into the groove of powerlifting and was struggling with 365 for deadlift. Yesterday, while on Rage XL, I hit a 415lb deadlift which has been my biggest PR yet. I agree that stims/pre-workouts are not necessary but I strongly believe they help. I attempt to avoid the burn out from the stims from taking just one to one heaping scoop of Rage Xl, once a day, with no other stim intake. I continue to take RageXL and will up to the week prior to my meet followed by a 2-3 week break. I strongly believe that RageXL ( plus torrent intra/post) has helped me hit some amazing PR's in the gym. Rage XL is the best pre-workout that I have tried yet aside from shock therapy. Rage XL will continue to be a staple in my supplement line up!

My flavor preference:

1- Lemon slayed
2- Grape of wrath
3- Mango unchained

G Diesel
03-13-14, 11:56 am
I'm with you man. I was a big believer in the original Rage, but have been using XL every training day since it came out and I love it.

Peace, G