PDA

View Full Version : Trebin .... A Crossfitter's Tale of Rage XL

Kowboy
11-26-13, 10:57 am
Got my lemon flavored pre-workout of the gods last night. I am going to start it tonight for my off day bench/back workout.

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:12 pm
In to hear how it goes!

Kowboy
11-26-13, 1:22 pm
I am really excited, especially with me dieting down I need a pick me up. I am at about 1600 calories a day now and start 2 a days come Friday. Is it safe to take before each workout?

wedge
11-26-13, 1:23 pm
In.

wedge
11-26-13, 1:24 pm
I am really excited, especially with me dieting down I need a pick me up. I am at about 1600 calories a day now and start 2 a days come Friday. Is it safe to take before each workout?

According to the instructions, we can take 1 to 2 scoops per serving. I'd imagine you would be fine with one scoop prior to each session.

Mr. Dead
11-26-13, 1:26 pm
Hai...

Kowboy
11-26-13, 1:34 pm
Ok cool, i have never tried 2 scoops before a workout...I would imagine that I might be unbearable to be around lol

Sup dead!

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:35 pm

Depending on how sensitive you are to stims, you can do the one serving prior to the first session and then if you feel the need for a boost before the second session, you could definitely throw that second one in.

Kowboy
11-26-13, 1:38 pm
I am def not sensitive to stims really, I drink too much coffee. I will try it out Friday and let everyone know how it goes though.

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:39 pm
Ok cool, i have never tried 2 scoops before a workout...I would imagine that I might be unbearable to be around lol

Sup dead!

Right now, I'm maxing out at just one scoop of Rage XL per day but that's because I hit up one training session per day. Haven't yet felt the need for two scoops!

J-Dawg
11-26-13, 1:39 pm
I am def not sensitive to stims really, I drink too much coffee. I will try it out Friday and let everyone know how it goes though.

Awesome--keep us posted!

wedge
11-26-13, 2:20 pm

I used one and a half scoops my first time with Rage XL. Nothing jittery, but I was up for a while that night.
Used two scoops of original Rage a while back during a strongman contest, spaced a few hours apart. Was up most of the night.

Kowboy
11-27-13, 7:30 am
I went in last night and took 1 scoop, I didnt feel a huge surge of energy. I did feel like I could push through the sets a little quicker. I may try 2 scoops tonight to see if it is more effective for me.

Rep Bench
Bar x 20
135 x 10
155 x 8
185 x 5
205 x 3 x 8

CGBP
185x3x8

1" Pause
175x3x8

Lat Pulldowns
4x15

DB Side laterals
3x10

DB Front raise
3x10

Run 2 miles 18:46

Appollonian
11-27-13, 8:32 am
Cutting back on stims pre original Rage launch let me feel that stuff like the hammer of Thor.

That said, I've heard that bigger folks like you and me might need more than 1 scoop with Rage XL.

Kowboy
11-27-13, 8:45 am
Yeah man I really dont think I can cut back my coffee lol it is the only thing pulling me through w/ this weight loss.

Bruiser
11-27-13, 9:05 am
Finally got mine! Looking forward to trying it out today.

G Diesel
11-27-13, 9:14 am
Damn. Two a days on only 1600 calories a day? You're a fucking madman.

I could see a scoop before each session working well.

I did somewhere slightly north of 2 scoops of XL and had already had two cups of coffee on Monday. Was stimmed out of my mind... A little too much of a good thing. Haha.

Peace, G

Kowboy
11-27-13, 9:19 am
Damn. Two a days on only 1600 calories a day? You're a fucking madman.

I could see a scoop before each session working well.

I did somewhere slightly north of 2 scoops of XL and had already had two cups of coffee on Monday. Was stimmed out of my mind... A little too much of a good thing. Haha.

Peace, G

Yeah G, I have been soggy at the waist line for a long time and needed a change. I know there is a lot of hate w/ CrossFit but I love it man. Now I dont do a traditional style where I go flop around for 20 minutes and get out either. But Since I was dropping weight any way I signed up for a contest at the gym and the biggest % of weight loss gets 500 bucks.

Kowboy
11-27-13, 9:34 am
Finally got mine! Looking forward to trying it out today.

keep me posted!

Kowboy
12-02-13, 10:02 am
Sorry guys, what a crazy weekend w/ teh baby coming. I did try to update my normal log.

Friday - I started my 2 a days and took 1 scoop in the morning and 1 in the evening. It seems to work well enough, I dont get the skin crawling or warmness of some others but it may be due tothe large amounts of coffee I am consuming to make it through this diet and challenge.

Sat - 1 scoop prior and hit a 2 mile run then 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 jumping jacks, 50 mountain climbers (ea leg), 50 squats

Sun - 1 scoop prior to each workout 2 mile run, insanity fit test evening

Mon AM workout 1 scoop, Row 30 minute (7200m). About 10 minutes in I felt a surg of energy and crushed it.

G Diesel
12-02-13, 2:30 pm
Yeah G, I have been soggy at the waist line for a long time and needed a change. I know there is a lot of hate w/ CrossFit but I love it man. Now I dont do a traditional style where I go flop around for 20 minutes and get out either. But Since I was dropping weight any way I signed up for a contest at the gym and the biggest % of weight loss gets 500 bucks.

Good for you my brother. Glad you found something that motivates you and excites you to train.

Go get that cash man.

Peace, G

Kowboy
12-04-13, 9:08 am
So I woke up today pretty bummed, the dieting is starting to affect me. The guy winning this contest is really startign to cut weight and drop some pounds. He spends hours on the treadmill and w/ my home life and the baby I just can't do it so I almost gave up.

I woke up this morning, didn't want to go in but I am nto the type to give up. So I took my shot of Rage XL and hit the treadmill. Holy fuck that shit hit me like a Nude Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball...I crushed a 30 min run. Fuck this, I am winning.

Appollonian
12-04-13, 9:33 am
Don't worry about the cross fit haters, you're busting ass and reaping the benefits. That's what matters.

So I woke up today pretty bummed, the dieting is starting to affect me. The guy winning this contest is really startign to cut weight and drop some pounds. He spends hours on the treadmill and w/ my home life and the baby I just can't do it so I almost gave up.

I woke up this morning, didn't want to go in but I am nto the type to give up. So I took my shot of Rage XL and hit the treadmill. Holy fuck that shit hit me like a Nude Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball...I crushed a 30 min run. Fuck this, I am winning.

Even when things are hard, I'm glad you never give up. You've put too much into this, into your life, to give up on yourself. Good on you bro, what a great example.

I can tell a difference with Rage XL personally, I'm glad it's giving you something extra.

Kowboy
12-04-13, 9:49 am
The hard part now is to win I may have to go to far...which I am not willing to risk my strength or health. I will give it my best shot while staying healthy since that is what I did it for. I could really use 500 bucks....but fuck it my health comes first.

Cellardweller
12-04-13, 6:19 pm

LMAO. You weren't running with your tongue hanging out to one side were you?

J-Dawg
12-12-13, 12:44 pm
Big congrats on your newborn Mark!

Kowboy
12-27-13, 10:00 am
Really sorry on the delay w/ logging. Everyone knows we did have the baby but during that time my mom's car was totaled by some jackass running a rred light and my wife's dad ended up in the ICU for 10 days or so after catching a rare strain of the flu. He is back at home and is doing well but it was a stressful time. I also finished the weight loss contest at 217lbs which is nuts but I did end up in 2nd.

I used rage a few times during this time off to keep me awake for the wife and baby and to fuel some nasty runs on a treadmill.

I used Rage again last night as I am back to normal at the gym adn it was fn amazing like always. Here is the workout:

Tonight was a good night to go back and hit some clean and jerk. I didn't go heavy, I am really trying to dial in my form so I can get better at the full clean.

Jump Rope (didn't count)
I was able to string a couple SU and a DU which was pretty awesome. I am def getting closer.

Clean and Jerk
75 x 5 x 3
95 x 5 x 2
125 x 5 x 2
135 x 5 x 2

Deadlifts
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2 x 3
315 x 3 (kept it light today)

SuperSet (non stop 4 rounds)
4 x 10 Glute Ham Raise
4 x 10 Glute Ham Situps
4 x 5 strict pullups

//this was the first time I was able to do 1 GHR let alone 40 total. It felt amazing and I am sure I will pay for it tomorrow.

Conditioning 2 Workout

Reps: 30 20 10 20 30
53lb KB swings
24" box jumps
After each round ran 400m
Time: 30:40...smoked me.

A note for tonight was that the box jumps really slow me down, my avg 400 was around 2:15 which is still slow but I tried to pace myself. The box jumps are due to the surgery I had. I just need to find a way to be more efficient. I did use some of the stuff I learned at the XWOD to control my balance and landing.

I also finally got to use my Nano 3's tonight, only fell once on the CJ lol gotta get use to no heel.

J-Dawg
12-29-13, 11:06 am
Sorry to hear about your mom's accident and your father-in-law's flu. I hope they are both doing better now and that the family is well! And good to see you're getting back into the swing of things now. How's the little one doing?

Kowboy
01-08-14, 10:38 am
Everything has been going great, been using Rage XL when I can and I love it. It is def a great pre-workout. I tried my assault the other day to just compare and it couldn't even stand up to it. The training has been on and off but I am back at it today and plan on finishing out this can. I am so glad I got to try this out, loving it!

shortstack
01-08-14, 11:20 am
Been following along on FB brother. Everything is looking good and you made some awesome progress. Keep at it. You every going to compete in crossfit? You would be a beast dude!!!

Kowboy
01-08-14, 11:24 am
Been following along on FB brother. Everything is looking good and you made some awesome progress. Keep at it. You every going to compete in crossfit? You would be a beast dude!!!

Yeah, I really want to take a shot at it next year. I am working out downtown but I lost some strenght and my endurance just isn't on par w/ the other guys. I am 40lbs heavier so I have a lot of work to do. My plan is to go heavy and get strong in 2014, treating the whole year like an off season. I have always been fast and light on my feet so I am hoping to use that and get to the regionals. The olympic lifts are insanely hard, wish I had the money to afford a good coach.

shortstack
01-08-14, 11:30 am
Yeah, I really want to take a shot at it next year. I am working out downtown but I lost some strenght and my endurance just isn't on par w/ the other guys. I am 40lbs heavier so I have a lot of work to do. My plan is to go heavy and get strong in 2014, treating the whole year like an off season. I have always been fast and light on my feet so I am hoping to use that and get to the regionals. The olympic lifts are insanely hard, wish I had the money to afford a good coach.

Having competed in both bodybuilding and now powerlifting the only advice I can truly give with any knowledge at all is more focused prep nets better results. That may sound simple and dumb but take your time and get to where you want to be and just work on making your self better and you'll get there.

I wish I would have prepped better for my BB show but at least I know what it takes and how much better I need to prep the next time. You'll get there, you have the ability and drive so I have no doubt you'll come out on top.

Kowboy
01-08-14, 11:38 am
I just have to relearn all my leverages. I have never lifted weighing 225lbs so this is all new to me lol.

Kowboy
01-08-14, 8:52 pm
Trained w/ one of the guys from work, my week is screwed up from everything happening so I thought I would just see how it went.

Stretched for a couple minutes, hips are insanely tight from not stretchign like I should have on my break.

PreWorkout: RAGE XL bitches!!!!!!!!! (to quote AB)

5 rounds
5 pullups
5 dips
5 thrusters w/ 135 (5,3, 2,0,3) //these were hard lol

5 Rounds 135 barbell complex
2 deadlifts
2 front squats
2 cleans
2 jerks
2 back squats
2 ohp (made it three rounds)
1 snatch

HSPU x 5 rounds
I ended up doing wall walks and holding while he did the HSPU. I actually was able to get some half reps in on the push up, I really think I might be able to do a couple now.

He did comment on my stance and that it is too narrow. I think it is a flexibility issue with my hips. I really need to work on this (as everyone has told me) so I am going to work w/ Lauren tomorrow and also read supple leopard and hope for the best.