PDA

View Full Version : Lemons Slayed XL Review

MR.TeachFreak
12-01-13, 11:03 pm
Got my Rage XL Lemon Slayed right after I left for my parents over break so I am a bit late to the party.

I used it for the first time today even though thanks to my break I have to cut the workout short. Basically I overstuffed myself and really screwed up my sleep habits.

I will up date this tomorrow with my first workout with it experience, taste, etc. tomorrow when I have not been grading papers all day and can actually think. I am going to attempt to do half my workouts with one dose and then see if I can do the other half of the Rage XL with two servings. So basically it will be 10 workouts with one scoop and then ten with two. If for some reason two scoops doesn't do a whole lot I will try three scoops if possible. For the first few workouts of each stage I will follow the instructions as stated in terms of dosage and water amount. Then I will manipulate it and see what happens.

First workout to come tomorrow.

Swolepez
12-01-13, 11:23 pm
Lookin' forward to your review. I used 1 scoop originally and have since moved to 1.5 scoops. Haven't seen the need for me to use 2 as of yet so I'm very interested in seeing how good 2 scoops will hit you!

MR.TeachFreak
12-02-13, 10:10 am
Lookin' forward to your review. I used 1 scoop originally and have since moved to 1.5 scoops. Haven't seen the need for me to use 2 as of yet so I'm very interested in seeing how good 2 scoops will hit you!

I am usually fairly tolerant to stims/pre workouts so usually I default to doubles. But with a new formula I wanted to be a bit more scientific.

Swolepez
12-02-13, 12:15 pm
I am usually fairly tolerant to stims/pre workouts so usually I default to doubles. But with a new formula I wanted to be a bit more scientific.

To be honest, I sense that the original formula is a little bit stronger than the Rage XL in terms of energy.
1 scoop original Rage = 1.5 scoops Rage XL

J-Dawg
12-02-13, 12:18 pm
Looking forward to what you have to say!

MR.TeachFreak
12-02-13, 11:38 pm
First workout:

Dosage: 1 Scoop

Timing: Roughly 25 minutes preworkout.

First impressions:
-Overall the smell was pretty nice. I have noticed that a lot of Animal products do have a unique smell and you always know when you open a can of pak. Rage XL actually had a very low key lemon smell. Almost reminded me of a candle.
-Taste: The taste was really good as well. I took it with about 7 oz. of water. And overall the taste was good. I tend to go towards the fruitier flavors for supps because they tend to taste better or at least have the better of the bad tastes. But I liked the taste of Lemon Slayed. It reminded me of a lemon head candy almost. You could tell it was lemon but it was it was over powering like a lot of lemon flavored products.

Workout:
-You can find the workout here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman/page4
-Overall the workout was good but due to my poor upkeep over break I had to cut it short.
-I did not get a immediate and massive rush of energy. I noticed that I had more energy overall but not a huge burst. I did not need to rest as much between my primary sets of deadlifts as I normally do and I felt like I could keep powering through. If it wasn't for my massive headache and puking feelings (poor sleep habits combined with over eating over break) I could have easily kept going.
-Post workout I did have more energy and I did not have a specific moment where I crashed and lost all my energy.
-There were no side effects per se from Rage XL. No tingling feelings, no hype activity, not jumping around and bouncing off the walls. I had energy and plenty to spare but no so much that I was wired to the gills.

Overall I am excited for my next workout with Rage XL once I get back on my diet and fix my sleeping habits. Only time will tell if I build a tolerance as quickly as I usually do but that is why I am adding in time for two scoops so I can compare.

MR.TeachFreak
12-04-13, 10:30 pm
Back in the gym tomorrow to continue my review. Grades were due this week at my school so I had to push Monday thru Wednesday since I got nothing graded over break.

MR.TeachFreak
12-05-13, 11:07 pm
Second Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1352113#post1352113

Dosage: 1 scoop about 30 minutes preworkout

Taste: Mixed it with less water this time and I really liked the low key lemon taste. It did not taste overly sour or have a overbearing lemony after taste. Less water did make it stronger but it was good.

Energy: As before I did not get that hit with a ton of bricks kick in but once it started working I noticed it. I was more awake then I ever am after 8 hours of teaching. Took less time between sets. Hit a nice rep PR on my OHP since recovering from a bad flare up.

Post workout: Still had some energy carry over to post workout. And the biggest plus was I did not have the stereotypical crash. I never felt tired or lethargic. I guess the energy faded slowly enough that my body took over. Even now I am not expressly tired.

Side effects: Still no noticeable side effects. No twitching, no uncontrollable shaking, hands didn't shake, no fast ass heart beat, no extreme sweating, and no fuzzy feeling either. Other then just having the energy to power through a workout there were no side effects like you would have from some other energy supps. And yes I have taken some where my hands shook and I started feeling all shaking. One time it got to the point of itchy but I think I took way to much in terms of dosage.

Future plans: I am going to continue to take one dose for the time being but might move up the beginnings of two doses to see what happens and then try and have some left over for maybe 2.5-3 servings just to see what happens.

MR.TeachFreak
12-09-13, 10:33 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1352645&viewfull=1#post1352645

Dosage: 1 scoop w/ 1 scoop Storm

Taste: Mixed both Rage XL with my Storm in less water and overall the taste was good. The lemon blended pretty well with fruity flavor of storm. Nothing strong or overpowering and I would have no problems mixing it with other flavors.

Energy: Had a good amount of energy and was able to maintain a good pace for my workout. Rest periods were longer for front squats but that was because the sets themselves were hard. Still no big wham energy moment but I like the fact that it just comes on and you are just more energized.

Postworkout: Still have some energy carryover but not as much because my workout went longer then usual. No big crash or hunger.

Side effects: None per usual.

Thoughts: I like how well the Lemon flavor mixed with my Storm. I think it will work well mixed with any other flavor as long as its a fruity kind of flavor. Though mixing the Lemon with too much water will dilute the flavor and I think potentially delay the energy.

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 9:06 am
Looking good in here. The Storm fruit punch + Rage XL Lemon Slayed actually sounds like a good combination!

MR.TeachFreak
12-11-13, 1:36 pm
Looking good in here. The Storm fruit punch + Rage XL Lemon Slayed actually sounds like a good combination!

I was surprised that the taste worked out that well. Most lemon flavored stuff, at least to me, tends to be really strong and sometimes sour. I think both products having a lower key taste is what makes it work. I personally think most of the Universal/Animal product flavors go well together. Provided you stick to the fruity type flavors and not mix chocolate and watermelon flavors.

J-Dawg
12-11-13, 1:58 pm
I was surprised that the taste worked out that well. Most lemon flavored stuff, at least to me, tends to be really strong and sometimes sour. I think both products having a lower key taste is what makes it work. I personally think most of the Universal/Animal product flavors go well together. Provided you stick to the fruity type flavors and not mix chocolate and watermelon flavors.

Based on your suggestion, I'm going to give the Rage XL Lemon Slayed + Storm Fruit Punch a shot tomorrow!

MR.TeachFreak
12-11-13, 2:04 pm
Based on your suggestion, I'm going to give the Rage XL Lemon Slayed + Storm Fruit Punch a shot tomorrow!

Should be good. I have mixed other products before with good results. I really think that since the Lemon flavor is not super strong and sour/bitter it mixes much better with other fruitier flavors.

Looking forward to hearing your results.

MR.TeachFreak
12-11-13, 11:09 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1353048&viewfull=1#post1353048

Dosage: 1 scoop

Taste: Mixed it with minmum water and while the taste was stronger it was still good.

Energy: Good amount of energy. Deadlifts is usually where I take longer rest breaks. But thanks to Rage I powered through them. Got enough extra reps that I really felt my back tightening up.

Postworkout: Still have some energy carryover. No crash and burn.

Side effects: None per usual.

Thoughts: Going to move up to two scoops tomorrow since it is the start of a new cycle.

J-Dawg
12-12-13, 12:43 pm
Looking forward to seeing how the 2 scoops treat you.

MR.TeachFreak
12-15-13, 7:32 pm
12/13/13

Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1353508&viewfull=1#post1353508

Dosage: 2 scoops

Taste: Mixed it with slightly more water to compensate for the added scoop.

Energy: I had way more energy then with 1 scoop. Though, like with one scoop, I did not get a sudden rush. I take it about 30 minutes pre-workout. By the time I got to the gym I was just ready to go. But overall I had more energy. By far I needed less rest between sets and I moved much faster through my workout.

Postworkout: No crash and burn but it took longer to wear off.

Side effects: None even with a higher dose.

Thoughts:

MR.TeachFreak
12-15-13, 8:32 pm
12/15/13

Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1353513&viewfull=1#post1353513

Dosage: 2 scoops+1 scoop Storm

Taste: Mixed it with slightly more water to compensate for the added scoop and the scoop of storm. And the taste, while not horrible, just did not work. I think the extra strong flavor of the Lemon did not match well with only one scoop of storm which muted all flavors. Still drinkable but not as good tasting as the 1:1 ratio.

Energy: Like with the first two scoop dosage I had much more energy this time around. Just felt great. And like last time I had plenty of energy postworkout as well. This workout was a tad longer but still. Would hate to use this if I did late night workouts like in college. I would have even more issues sleeping.

Postworkout: No crash and burn but it took longer to wear off. Even about a hour postworkout I still had some energy to move around and get some apartment stuff done.

Side effects: None even with a higher dose.

Thoughts: Two scoops are great. Limits the number of doses i have in each can but if I cycle it and not use it all the time I can make it work. When I get near the bottom I might try three scoops just to see what happens.

MR.TeachFreak
12-18-13, 6:47 pm
12/18/13

Been sick and had to take a day off work to make sure it wont linger. Back in the gym and testing probably Friday. Don't want to risk training tomorrow and getting sick again right before break.

MR.TeachFreak
12-22-13, 2:57 pm
Still hacking up stuff from my lungs. Got a prescription now. Hope to be back tomorrow. Its a strong med I had before.

MR.TeachFreak
12-26-13, 10:50 pm
Workout: Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthrea...=1#post1353513

Taste: Mixed it with less water then usual to get it down quick. I had been drinking a lot of water all day since I am working over break and have been sick.

Energy: Great energy. While my workout was a bit slower due to being still somewhat sick I had plenty of energy throughout.

Postworkout: Still had some energy left but that was tempered by just coming off being sick and still having some crud left.

Side effects: None

Thoughts: Worked great even though I was not at 100%. While I would not use it while truly sick to workout I think it can be useful to help you get on your feet while recovering. Though moderation would be key. Too much too soon and I think I would end up sick as all hell again.

J-Dawg
12-29-13, 11:10 am
How are ya feeling now? I've been run down w/ a sore throat these past few days and am taking a little time off before hitting it hard again. BTW, tried the Lemon Slayed Rage XL w/ Storm Fruit Punch. It tasted awesome!

MR.TeachFreak
12-30-13, 9:10 pm
How are ya feeling now? I've been run down w/ a sore throat these past few days and am taking a little time off before hitting it hard again. BTW, tried the Lemon Slayed Rage XL w/ Storm Fruit Punch. It tasted awesome!

Pretty much all better. I still have the sniffles and a slight cough but that is probably has more to do with my working outside over break doing maintenance. Usually when I am sick I am just dying for a few days then I am ok. I hate how extended this crud is.

I am wondering what other flavors work well. A list of what flavors compliment each other would be cool.

MR.TeachFreak
12-30-13, 9:20 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1355319&viewfull=1#post1355319

Taste: Still tasting great. I don't think I could ever find it boring.

Energy: Lots of energy. Other then talking to an old acquaintance I powered through my workout. Less rest time and more focus overall.

Postworkout: Plenty of energy left. Going to start extending my workouts and finally adding in abs.

Thoughts: Going to bump to either 2.5 or 3 scoops soon just to see what happens.

MR.TeachFreak
01-05-14, 9:31 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1356033&viewfull=1#post1356033

Thoughts: Still took two scoops but will be upping it to three for tomorrows workout. Need to get back on my regular schedule though.

Jay
01-05-14, 9:35 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1356033&viewfull=1#post1356033

Thoughts: Still took two scoops but will be upping it to three for tomorrows workout. Need to get back on my regular schedule though.

wow 3 scoops..... that is hardcore

MR.TeachFreak
01-06-14, 8:27 am
wow 3 scoops..... that is hardcore

It is kind of a natural progression for me. being 6'5" and about 285 lbs I am already naturally tolerant of pre workouts and any stimulants. I also build a tolerance fairly quickly to things. When I had teeth pulled for my braces they had to use more and more Novocain each time and even my colonoscopy I stay awake longer each year before going under. So as I get more tolerant I try more. That's the main reason I cycle my preworkouts and usually only use them when I have long work days.

J-Dawg
01-06-14, 10:33 am
How was the 3 scoop serving?

MR.TeachFreak
01-11-14, 1:56 pm
1/4/13

I cant remember how many servings I took for this workout. I had at least two scoops though. Per usual I had great energy and focus and no side effects or crash.

Workout" http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1356917&viewfull=1#post1356917

MR.TeachFreak
01-11-14, 2:57 pm
1/10/14

Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1356920&viewfull=1#post1356920

Scoops: 3

Thoughts: Overall I had a lot of energy for the workout. Very short rest breaks with the exception of the main OHP set. I felt much better. Not superman but after teching all day I had more energy then I usually have.

Side effects: No side effects. Wasn't jittery or feeling fuzzy. If anything I sweat less then usual working out but in my experience a lot of pre workouts can make you seat. Wasn't feeling hot or anything and felt no difference in my heartbeat.

MR.TeachFreak
01-11-14, 2:58 pm
How was the 3 scoop serving?

Overall it went great. I didn't get any of the side effects that I thought I would have and I just organically took much shorter rest breaks. I didn't need to focus on shortening them I just wanted to keep going.

Jay
01-13-14, 11:51 am
Overall it went great. I didn't get any of the side effects that I thought I would have and I just organically took much shorter rest breaks. I didn't need to focus on shortening them I just wanted to keep going.

Is rage the only stim you take during the day? How many days a week do you do Rage?

MR.TeachFreak
01-13-14, 1:38 pm
Is rage the only stim you take during the day? How many days a week do you do Rage?

It is the only one I take at all really. I naturally have a high tolerance and build up an additional tolerance quickly. I take it 3-4 times a week preworkout only. Depending on my schedule at school and after school activities I sometimes have to adjust my workout schedule.

When I have taken stims I cycle them more or less. I use them til they are gone and then go without for awhile. My other usual option when I want to make them last is only use them when I have had really long days or a long week as a pick me up. I teach high school in what basically is an inner city so it is very easy to get mentally exhausted.

MR.TeachFreak
01-14-14, 9:32 am
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1357327&viewfull=1#post1357327

Dosage: 3 scoops

Side Effects: None

Thoughts: Another good workout. Plenty of energy throughout. As usual short rest breaks except on my main sets. Had some good energy for a while afte rthe workout as well.

MR.TeachFreak
01-15-14, 10:43 pm
Workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40860-Moose-Strong-5-3-1-Strongman&p=1357727&viewfull=1#post1357727

Dosage: 3 scoops

Thoughts: Great energy. Mixed it with less water and while the flavor was much stronger I like that it was only a strong lemon flavor and not a very sour flavor.

MR.TeachFreak
01-21-14, 11:15 pm
Finished up my can and will be putting up final thoughts tomorrow.

G Diesel
01-22-14, 10:18 am
MrThreeScoopFreak teaching the weights the meaning of the word respect.

Look forward to your final notes on XL.

Peace, G

MR.TeachFreak
01-23-14, 9:54 pm
Dosages: 1 scoop, 2 scoops, and 3 scoops

Taste: The taste was awesome. I much prefer the lemon taste versus the normally sour taste of other lemon products. I think that lends itself to being used with less water and its mix ability with other flavors.

Side effects: I did not have any side effects with any of the doses. When I have tried other stims/preworkouts I have had jitters, fuzzy feelings, itchy feelings, and massive crashes to name a few. I guess they would have been the stereotypical side effects. With Rage XL I did not have any issues. I had plenty of energy and never had a crash. Even when I moved up to 3 scoops at most I felt a bit warm but that could have been the cold weather combined with moving into a warm area after a really cold area.

Overall Thoughts: For a stim/preworkout I really liked Rage XL. As I mentioned when I started I naturally am very tolerant and build up a tolerance fairly quickly. I was honestly surprised how well it worked for me given my track record. I like how I never really had a massive kick of energy and, for me at least, I noticed that I was just more ready to go and took less time in between sets. Even after my workout I had energy and it gradually tapered off and there was no crash. That was a big thing for me because a lot of my school work form being a teacher has me in my office and a crash would have knocked me out fairly quick. I also found it pretty cool how well it mixed with my Storm and did not come out tasting horrible.

So overall I do plan to buy Rage XL again but I will cycle it by the case. Take it until it is gone then go off for a few weeks to prevent a tolerance.