PDA

View Full Version : machineman unchains the Mango Madness

machineman
12-02-13, 7:28 pm
Just got my Mango unchained today. Good thing too.......Sheiko starts tonight!!!!!! Running routine #29 to start. Lots of volume. Guess I will put XL to the test right off the bat!!!!!!!

DANO
12-02-13, 7:50 pm
Subbed!! you are gonna like it!

wedge
12-02-13, 8:03 pm
MM bringing the (mango) madness brotha!!! -said in my best Macho Man voice.

machineman
12-02-13, 9:49 pm
Thanks fellas!

Okay....Took 1 scoop with 4oz water. After about 5-10 minutes, got that nice zoned in feeling.

Taste (on a scale of 1-10) was a 10. It is a very refreshing Mango taste but not overpowering. Nice little lingering aftertaste.

Now, on to the workout......

Bench
155 x 5r
205 x 4r x 2s
240 x 3r x 2s
255 x 3r x 4s

Squat
warm up (bar x 10, 145 x 6)
175 x 5
210 x 5

At this point I had to call it. I felt something get tweaked in my groin/ham and I wasn't going to push it. So I missed 1 set of squats @ 210 and 5 sets @ 245. Then it was back to bench and a couple other exercises.

The tweak was my fault for not warming up thoroughly/properly before squats. Lesson learned. This is not a routine that I can get through in an hour. It is going to be a grind. But I welcome it......

Hope to get back in the gym on Wednesday. Will have to wait and see how the hammy feels.

wedge
12-03-13, 12:36 pm
I hope you mend up quickly brother.

J-Dawg
12-03-13, 12:44 pm
Nice to see your review so far on the Mango! I'm addicted to the taste, haha.

I hope that hammy heals up quick for you. I've learned that lesson with squats too--a thorough warm up is key once you get to the heavier weights!

machineman
12-03-13, 4:51 pm
I hope you mend up quickly brother.

Thanks, brother. Found a new use for canned green beans last night....a rolling session that hurt like a mofo. Then ice. It is sore today but not horrible.

machineman
12-03-13, 4:52 pm
Nice to see your review so far on the Mango! I'm addicted to the taste, haha.

I hope that hammy heals up quick for you. I've learned that lesson with squats too--a thorough warm up is key once you get to the heavier weights!

Thanks, J. It's just the way this routine is set up. I knew I should have warmed up better but I was trying to hurry through. Well, lesson learned.

machineman
12-04-13, 7:38 am
The hammie/groin is feeling a little tighter today than yesterday. No visible bruising. I may go in later today and try some stretching and rolling. See how it feels. Maybe even try some lighter rack pulls and see how it feels.

wedge
12-04-13, 12:42 pm
Thanks, brother. Found a new use for canned green beans last night....a rolling session that hurt like a mofo. Then ice. It is sore today but not horrible.

Nice. I've used canned goods in a pinch to rehab my rotator cuff.

machineman
12-04-13, 5:01 pm
Nice. I've used canned goods in a pinch to rehab my rotator cuff.

Just remember......green beans work much better than corn!

J-Dawg
12-12-13, 12:48 pm

That's interesting! Never tried rolling with a can before. Hits it pretty good?

wedge
12-13-13, 11:10 am
Just remember......green beans work much better than corn!

I never trust a food that comes out the same way it went in...