PDA

View Full Version : Animal Rage XL: Official Feedback Thread

J-Dawg
12-03-13, 10:40 am
Tell us how you like the new Animal Rage XL formula/flavors...

stoutseth
12-03-13, 3:52 pm
I tried to post this earlier but I think it did not work... sorry if this posted twice on the forum.

Basics first. I have the Mango Unchained. I have used it since Saturday November 30 2013. I do a Strength training and Pump based training in my weekly lifting regiment. I am still dealing with sinus that expanded to respiratory congestion. I only weigh 140lbs. The weights lifted include the weight of the barbell being 45lbs.

Overall interpretation: Fu**ing awesome.

The way I go about regular lifting days:
1 - is light cardio (20 minutes... have a history of bad heart health in my family and I'm doing what I can now to prolong the inevitable)
2 - eat breakfast
3 - respective muscle focus lifting.
4 - Lunch or something to get some energy back
*The exception to this approach is on Wednesdays (leg focus), Sundays (take it easy), and Saturdays (part two of legs not the focal as it is on Wednesday).

The weekly break down for STRENGTH training for me looks as followed; 7 exercises each day, no more than 3 reps for 3 sets, aim to up max:
Monday:Back, Tuesday:Chest, Wednesday:Hamstrings and straight leg calf, Thursday:Shoulders, Friday:Biceps, Saturday:Triceps, Sunday:Abs and Forearms.

The weekly break down for PUMP training for me looks as followed; 2-3 exercises, 15-20 reps for 4 sets, aim to pump/burn/tightness, completed after strength portion of lifting - the exception to this is for Saturday I do that regiment before triceps:
Monday:Biceps, Tuesday:Triceps, Wednesday:Abs and Forearms, Thursday:Back, Friday:Chest, Saturday:Quads and bent leg calf, Sunday: Shoulders.

The reason why I give the breakdown of my training approach helps to understand the timing for the RAGE XL.

I got the alpha test for Mango Unchained on Black Friday; that in and of itself is bada$$. So I thought to start it on Saturday to give myself time to think on how to approach the timing of the supplementation.

Saturday:
So if you refer to my training log on Saturday I start out with maybe 5-10 minutes of cardio to make sure my quads are operating properly then I go into the quad and bent leg calf 2nd leg day. After that I eat my breakfast and proceed into Triceps. So for Saturday I took RAGE XL 10 minutes before the 10 minute cardio. So the RAGE would kick in right into the leg workout. While I was on the stationary bike I had tightness in my shoulders so i was trying to loosen that up, while loosening up my shoulders i felt the tingling/warm sensation from RAGE around that very area. After getting of the bike the sensation subsided and went away. Going into the quad exercises I noticed more muscle endurance and less fatigue with my usual regiment so I was able to add on a couple of extra reps onto my leg extensions as well as my calf exercises. After going through my leg workout at a nice pace I ate my breakfast and continued into triceps. While performing triceps I noticed better muscle reaction and control during the lifts. I had already up'd my max on some of the tricep exercises so I do not try and set a new max just yet. Overall the timing of the dosing and overall feel was great; no crash either.
As for my sinus and respiratory troubles, they had just started Friday night so nothing unbearable with that.

Sunday:
No cardio for warm-up. I go straight into strength for abs and follow that up with forearms and finish off with the pump for shoulders. On Sundays I eat my breakfast before heading to the gym since there is no real cardio being done. With that I had breakfast and a couple of hours later I went to the gym and when I was close enough I took a dosing of RAGE. Still no tingling, which is common among other pre-workouts. Went into the various lifts and did so with ease and much like on Saturday I even through in some extra exercises and reps for my pump emphasis. I did not feel as mentally as engaged as I did on Saturday. This could have been on account of having done car work earlier, the food still not fully digested, or the sinus and looming cough that is becoming more apparent. All in all. Still great product and I enjoy not feeling like my body is tingling or itching.

Monday:
Sunday night my sinus and respiratory congestion got the best of me. I got maybe 5 hours of solid sleep then woke to a esophagus sorening cough that continued for the better part of 40 minutes until I fell back asleep for another couple of hours. For Monday I went about usual morning routine before hitting the gym. I did my light cardio, then went into breakfast. After breakfast I took it easy and sat for a bit (on account of the congestion and to let breakfast digest before RAGE). Upon taking RAGE I went into my lifts. I UP'D ALL MY BACK LIFTS... my lat pulldown is now 270lbs 3x3; deadlift is 345lbs with no jerking to lock out; one arm dumbbell row is 145lbs; and all my other row variations went up by 5-10lbs. Going into my biceps for PUMP. It was great my biceps have yet to feel that engorged in a while. Overall things were awesome especially since I had a horrible nights rest and up'd my deadlift.

Tuesday:
Monday night still same scenario. Woke up after 5 hours coughing up a lung (if not more) and blowing gunk out my nose that makes me think I have lost part of my brain.... what was I talking about again... oh yeah (bit of humor for those who cared to read all this, dont worry its almost over and thank you). I woke up more sluggish than yesterday but still got to get the cold iron grasped in my palms and the sweat down my brow and a new sense of self worth that I continually try to redefine. Today WAS EPIC. Since I was slightly more sluggish today than Monday I decided to take RAGE before cardio, just to help get the ball rolling. I did a combination of walking on the treadmill then to the bike cuz I got too tired of walking and wanted to sit. Stretched ate my breakfast and lolly-gagged to the flat bench. I suck on bench. No two ways about it. Flat bench is my nemesis. So I never care to really push myself because of a bad elbow (lack of range of motion on flat and incline) and I utilize dumbbells and cables to really work strength and work with my bad elbow. I put on 190lbs and am ify because I've been coughing like never before and here I am about to have weight over my chest... I'm thinking luck is not in my favor today. But I figured whatever go with the 195lbs, I go that clean and with ease... MUCH TO MY SURPRISE... I have been pushing and grinding at 195lbs for about a month and it took until rib cage rattling coughing and RAGE for me to move that with ease. So I figured whatever... you only live once. So I put on 5lbs for a total of 200lbs and got that for 1 rep x 3 sets. HOLY $hit that was great. Yes I struggled with it but damn the 200 felt like the 195 had been for the past month. Then after completing my strength training for chest I did pump for triceps. Again, I thought my arms were going to explode. Such an awesome pump. Overall TODAY WAS EPIC.

I look forward to what Wednesday brings, but can guarantee that RAGE will be the driving force to new heights that will be reached.

TRY RAGE XL. I had Mango Unchained it tasted great for a preworkout and no bs side effects or hype. Its solid. GO GET IT, if youre in the market for a pre workout

Ally1
12-03-13, 4:58 pm
I tried the Rage XL Mango Unchained and it's insanely good!! I actually look forward to drinking it like I do with Shock Therapy!! The original rage was a really strong flavor that I had to shot, but this new formula is amazing and I rate the taste a 10/10 for sure! I used it this morning for Chest and Shoulders, switching up my routine a bit, and the pumps were amazing! Not to mention my energy level and strength! You guys have done it again!! To be honest, I was a little worried because the original rage only called for one scoop, where XL you can go up to 2, so I 'assumed' it wasn't as strong. Wrong! Not only is it as strong but the energy seems a lot cleaner to me. Not jitters, no headaches like I get from other pre's, and best of all....it never wore off during the workout and I continued to be able to lift heavy all the way through! Awesome job guys. Once again I am proud to call Universal my favorite supplement company.

BigAnt
12-14-13, 5:51 pm
You guys not only hit a home run with this, but a grand slam!

Love-love the grape flavor...took one serving the other day prior to training back..did the "GDIESEL METHOD" One serving under the tounge - chase it down with a mouthful of a beverage (I use Diet, the carbination to me acts a fatster transport) I usually don't get a good back pump until half way through my workout. But after the 4th set, my lats were on fire! A great pump with this product is an under statement! Also A BIT MORE...focus-energy as compared to the "old mix"

GREAT JOB GUYS WITH THIS NEW SUPPLEMENT!

Looking forward to using it tomorrow prior to my Leg Workout!

projekt.lp
12-19-13, 12:52 pm
How much total caffeine is there per scoop with this new formula? I just received my tub of XL yesterday and took two scoops and it was somewhat overwhelming. I never got that off 1 scoop of the original Rage.

Ally1
12-19-13, 1:12 pm
It says equivalent to 2 strong cups of coffee, which would put it around 200 mg's of caffeine per scoop, so 400 per scoop. The original rage was 300 per 1 scoop so that would explain why the new Rage hit you harder since you used 2 scoops of it. Just do 1 scoop until you feel it's not as strong and then just add a 1/2 scoop. Eventually you'll get to 2 scoops and have one heck of a workout with no jitters! That's my experience with it anyway.

Swolepez
12-21-13, 10:20 pm
I also wrote this in my log

Overview: first of all, thanks Animal/Universal for this awesome experience and opportunity to be one of the first to run a tub of Rage XL. My flavor was Grape of Wrath (awesome name by the way).

Dosage: I used 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops, 2 scoops and 1 scoop with 1 stim pill from Pump. The best dosage for energy, focus, concentration and pump for me was 1.5 scoops.

Profile: I'm not going to list the profile just going to mention likes/dislikes
Likes: personally, I love the addition of Creatine in monohydrate form. 1 less supp you have to buy and a proven supp. Also I liked the addition of Glycocarn which seemed to help with blood flow and pumps. Both of these additions were awesome and made Rage better overall IMO.
Dislikes: the serving size is now 30, down from 44 like the original. My main dislike is 200mg of caffeine compared to 300mg caffeine to the original . So that means means 1.5 scoops = 1 scoop of the original in terms of energy. That equals taking even more scoops which in the end means Rage XL can possibly run out fast. If taking 2 scoops, that will leave just 15 servings per tub.

Mixability: 1 scoop, 1.5 scoop, 2 scoops in 5oz, 6oz, 10oz, 12oz of water.... It didn't matter, NEVER once did I have any problems with clumps or residue on the bottom. The best experience I've had with any supp when it comes to mixability. Used my Animal shaker to shake up Rage XL.

Taste: I'm never one to care about the taste of pre-workouts. As long they work. Even the original flavor was good enough for me. BUT I have to say:Animal nailed the taste on this one (Grape). 5-6oz gave it a stronger taste while 10-12oz was my sweet spot. Not too strong not too watery. Just right! I took half my scoops as a shot and some I sipped on (yes you can sip on the new Rage). Can't wait to try the other flavors!

Effectiveness: this is where a supp either breaks it or makes it for me. Again, Animal delivered. 1.5 scoops was my sweet spot. Focus, energy, concentration was on point! Let's compare it this way: I'm only 22 so natural test products probably don't do much for me but : I got more energy and more strength on 1.5 scoops of Rage XL then I did from running a back to back cycle of Animal Test and the new Stak. I think that speaks alone for the effectiveness of Rage XL. After my normal routine I still had energy on most days to want to hit the weights some more. In fact the energy would carry over on to cardio. I took Rage XL right before warming up on the treadmill before my training sessions. About 6-8mins in my body would feel hot and I would start to sweat letting me know Rage XL has already hit me. I was able to lift heavier on Rage XL, just be careful to not take it too late Bc it's powerful. It kept me up too 2 in the morning once. Whether taken as a shot or sipped on, Rage still hit me fast. Rage XL is some powerful stuff!

Value/Overall: this product would be a 10/10 but the fact that I and and I believe most people who are use to the original Rage will need more than one serving, knocks it down to 9.5/10. Again at 1.5 scoops it will take it down to 20 servings per tub and this who will have to use 2 scoops will have a 15 serving tub. So far though, retailers are selling Rage XL at a great price this keeps rating at 9.5/10. Other than that, awesome product. I recommend everyone to give Rage XL a try. Great focus, great energy, overall a great product. I have the Mango and Lemon flavors coming in for Christmas! Just remember that you don't have to chug this one, you can sip on it!

smoothballer
01-10-14, 10:12 am
Rage XL Final Review

First off I would like to say a huge thank you to Animal for allowing me to review Rage XL. I have a been a big fan of Rage since the Agent O days.

Energy - 9/10
I started off with 1 scoop to compare to the old Rage. It gave me a decent amount of energy but not what I was looking for. I played around to up to 2 scoops which provided me a lot of energy. Eventually I found my sweet spot to be a little over 1.5 scoops. Another thing I love about Rage is the lack of crash and the ability to be able to fall asleep hours after I leave the gym. Other stims will keep me up at night

Focus - 10/10
This in my opinion has always set Rage apart from the others. I feel I have laser focus when I take Rage and have to tear myself away from the gym.

Intensity - 7 /10
This is comparison to the old Rage formula. I feel this version didn't have that in your face pop that the old version had. I am not sure if it is because the dosing was cut in half. I still like the intensity but not as much as the previous formula.

Flavor - 9/10
The Lemon Slayed flavor was awesome. It tasted just like a lemon drop. I found myself sipping on this one the way to the gym instead of slamming it like the old formula.

Overall - 8/10
Overall Rage XL is a damn solid re-workout and Rage has been my go to ever since it came out. The flavor is vastly improved from the previous versions. I am looking forward to trying the Mango. Like Rage in the past I love the laser focus I get from this product. My wish is that it had the same pop as the previous version and I didn't have to double up on doses limiting the number I get out of a tub. The non-crash and being able to sleep hours after the workout is huge for me being that I workout in the evenings. I would definitely recommend Rage XL to those who haven't tried it. It is an overall really solid product. Thanks again to the folk at Animal for giving me this opportunity and I look forward to the next supplement adventure.