PDA

View Full Version : powerlifter water cut

LoneWolf45
12-04-13, 8:09 am
So I was looking cutting water the night before my morning weigh ins. I do have 24hr weigh ins . I usually drink water all throughout the day.
I was planning on stoping my water intake 15hrs before weighins. Does that sound right? I just want to ensure I drop the last pound or 2.

Rex
01-17-14, 7:07 pm
So I was looking cutting water the night before my morning weigh ins. I do have 24hr weigh ins . I usually drink water all throughout the day.
I was planning on stoping my water intake 15hrs before weighins. Does that sound right? I just want to ensure I drop the last pound or 2.

I´m not sure that simply cutting your water will have that much of an effect.

For my Bodybuilding shows I do this:

1 week out I increase my water in take by 50%. That way my body will switch into a flushing-out mode.
I Keep drinking that much until the day before the show and then stop it dead.
It´ll take the body at least a day to sense that there is no more water coming in. During that time span it will still be flushing out though.

That should take care of at least 2 pounds...

Brandon Lilly
01-22-14, 3:23 pm
You need to do a lot of research, and some trial and error.

Most people doing a cut will carb, and sodium load for 3-4 days, upping water by double. So if you drink a gallon, you will now drink 1.5-2.0.

On the fourth day you cut the extra carbs, and sodium, and the next day you cut way back only eating a protein based breakfast, then having no water after noon.

That is a very basic outline. There is a little more to it than that, but as I said start there, do some research, and of course practice it a few weeks out to see how your body responds.

Keosawa
01-22-14, 3:53 pm
It's hard to answer this question without knowing how much weight you're looking to cut. What are you weighing at the exact time as when you'll be weighing in? If you give me that much, I can help.

The Ant
01-23-14, 12:28 pm

Just as Brandon said but Imma give you the general ideal of it… you want to start water loading 4 to 5 days out drinking a gallon and a half to two gallons a day and what that does is training the blatter to flush the system every so often so when it is time to cut the water 24 hr out, you are still flush the system that during that time. Now with the sodium intake the during the actual water load just magnifies the amount of water you hold through the 4 days and when its cutting time it also Maginifies the amount of water you flush. If your meat is saturday you last meal should be fridays breakfast. After weighing in load back up on water, P-lite, power-aid Gator-aid Carbs the whole 9.