PDA

View Full Version : From weak to average journey - Jesper

Jeppeehh
12-09-13, 12:08 pm
Hi, I'm gonna start a thread here where I will post my training log's just to keep it and write it down in a way better place than "notes" in my Iphone.
And basically my goal is just like the title says... Coming off with many "small" injuries here and there, always something new but now I'm basically feeling good. My shoulder injury feels better and I can finally bench without pain so far atleast even though my shoulders have gotten so fucking flat :'(. And the only big problem now is my wrist (that has been broken years ago). Couple weeks ago I started to feel weak in my grip and wondered why and since then it hasn't stopped. Been sleeping with a wrist brace since three days ago and it feels better, less pain but the grip still feels horrible, it's like I lose the connection and feeling in the hands.

Anyway, from this day I will keep my log's here. You can check in and comment if you like because I will take tips or critic from anyone here.
Because of the problems I've had I don't have any real maxes tested but that will for sure come as soon as possible because that's the first thing you gotta know to start moving, the stats you need to break.

Later! - Jesper

Jeppeehh
12-09-13, 3:13 pm
So.. today was a very bad day even though I felt that it was gonna be a successful squat day since I slept for almost 10hours (which is necessary for me to feel good...)

Didn't have time for accessory work today so that sucked as well but the biggest issue was that I deadlifted 48h ago with max reps (while having sore quads) so I don't know why I was expecting good strength, anyway any training day is a good day, nothing to cry about! Loading up better for the benchday tommorow!

5x110
5x135
3x165
3x187
3x225
5x242 - was expecting like 10 fine reps since I did 12 on 231 last week but whatever, not fully recovered and bad loading today with mcdonalds and bad breakfast:)

weighted sit-up - 20kg overhead
10x3

Better luck tommorow!

Jeppeehh
03-21-14, 2:37 pm
Today I did a workout with my friend after the school and it was squats for me, deadlifts for him. My left knee ain't feeling good at all atm but I'm pretty used to knee pain now, in either the left or right that come and go for any week or so (not sure how serious it is) but I still decided to do heavy singles as I'm not sure at all how I'm going to continue my training when it comes to reps/sets, bench ain't working at all, getting weaker instead the last 2 weeks and deadlifts pretty much the same. But today it was a PR for Squats!

[kg]
60x1, 80x1, 100x1, 120x1, 130x1, 135x1, 140x1, 145x1 > failed :/ As you see the last singles were all heavy and I think that I would have made it on the 145 attempt if I skipped like 135 atleast. I came out of the hole but couldn't make it all the way up before my friend helped me, I told him right away "I got this" and I did the rest by myself so who knows! But ofc he stepped in when I "stopped" in the lift.

Then we went to the room with boxjumps and a tire so I decided to do tire flips for the first time, ended up with like maybe 8sets of 5 (60sec rest) and 5x5 boxjumps. So a bit different workout but I'm happy with my PR today with belt, no kneewraps

Tommorow it's only some hill intervals in the forest(track) with another friend that's currently a client project for me and we are trying to get him in better shape, both lower fat percentage and stronger. Other than that my week is done when it comes to training, sadly.. I really feel that I'm so small atm and hate it so I'm not sure If I will start some bodybuilding again or continue powerlifting style... My shoulder is less effected when doing powerlifting (it's messed up and I can't get through shoulder presses without some serious pain)

Have a nice friday everyone...

Jeppeehh
03-23-14, 12:05 pm
Today I was gonna rest but I went to the gym for a chest session, first time on a very long time doing a chest workout/bodybuilding, mostly due to my bad shoulder. But today I still wanted to feel the pump.

[kg]
Benchpress - afterwards I regret I didn't do pausebench, as that's what I should do because my numbers are so weak.
(5x35, 5x45, 3x55) warm-up

5x65, 5x70, 10x75

Incline dumbbellpresses - I go light because of my shoulder and that I try to train more by contact and range of motion.
10x20, 10x22.5x3

Incline flyes
10x12.5x4

Cable-crossover - 2sets bottom to top, 2 sets top to bottom("regular")
12x15/10

Miss being "strong" with a healthy shoulder... have been shit for 2 years now, with much rest from shoulder work.

Jeppeehh
04-02-14, 3:03 pm
So.. Today I had Squats on the schedule. I was pumped for it, was expecting a nice workout (doing 5/3/1, big lifts app)
Unfortunately it didn't go that well... and I regret that I didn't train on the morning because I think that suits me more, also just had like 100carbs before the workout, if that made a difference..

did som stretching for 10minutes or so
[kg]
40x?x2, 60x5 warm-up, 80x3, 90x5, 100x5, 115x5(so.. was expecting 5 easy deep reps on this but damn I was wrong, didn't use belt but still.)

Frontsquats
60x10x2, 60x15 - constant tension on those reps.

So... other than that I feel a bit burned out, been feeling bad a long time due to stress from school (I'm dealing with late tasks because I've been busy and I graduate in june :/ myself to blame.) I only wake up "fresh" if I sleep like 10 hours straight (18yo) So I don't know, might hit a deload week the coming week or so.

Also still trying to find out how I should set-up my powerlifting routine, how much to train, how to train etc.. I'm still a beginner but I never feel satisfied with the training I set up and try, generally I think I'm responding to high frequency training. But again as I wrote above, I got more than just a sign that I'm stressed out so maybe that would cause it to be worse I don't know.

Have a good day folks!