PDA

View Full Version : Review of RageXL - Mango Unchained Flavor

Altered Beast
12-10-13, 10:49 am
First I'd like to say, this Rage is a bit different. Some things I really like and some things I really do not.

Flavor: 10/10. This flavor is absolutely DELICIOUS! Much much improved on this aspect.

Focus: 10/10. Adderall like focus, not even joking you. You have tunnel vision and there are absolutely ZERO jitters or increased heart rate which is almost non existent for a pre-workout!

Energy: 5/10. Falls short a bit here I'm afraid. You do not get that insano, adrenaline pumping violent surge of powerful energy like the original Rage. I personally do like this because I'm sensitive to stimulants and do not need a large amount of them; however, when having a bad day, that level of strength is needed. I would however just take the Red Pill in Pump with RageXL if I'm having that bad of a day for whatever reason.

Concerns: There is creatine monohydrate in this formula. Why I honestly do not know, I guess because other company's formulas have it in there? Bottom line is, I do not think it is enough to make a significant difference; plus, I always take Rage with Pump (I remove the red stim pill) because it has a creatine/pump combination in it that my stomach can tolerate and works UNBELIEVABLY well together.

Pros vs Cons

Pros: Great tasting, unreal focus and a smooth burst of energy.

Cons: Contains creatine monohydrate and is not nearly as strong from an energy/stimulant standpoint as the original formula.

Personal Recommendations

I HIGHLY recommend removing the creatine monohydrate. Many others besides myself cannot tolerate creatine monohydrate and it may hurt the sales of the product. If anything add the creatine formula used in Pump or Shock Therapy. I'd go so far as to recommend taking Rage with Pump and clearly labeling that if one chooses to do so, to remove the red pill in Pump. I've personally been using this combination for years and can say with absolute confidence that the results are absolutely amazing! Since Pump has all the creatine/pump goodies in it, no need to try to add some to RageXL.

I'd also recommend increasing the strength of the stimulants from a gross total of 25-40%. Increase bits of each to achieve this total or whatever y'all feel will increase the energy perspective of RageXL.

*This is simply an honest review and nothing more.

GET SOME,

ALTERED BEAST

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 11:09 am
AB--thanks for sharing your feedback!

In terms of dosage, how many scoops did you test out?

Altered Beast
12-10-13, 12:08 pm
AB--thanks for sharing your feedback!

In terms of dosage, how many scoops did you test out?

I've used 1, 1.5 and 2. Used 2 Scoops yesterday for Heavy Deadlift.

Altered Beast
12-10-13, 12:10 pm
J,

Any chance the creatine complex might be altered and or removed? I really really like RageXL, just the creatine monohydrate ruins it for me due to intolerance issues.

J-Dawg
12-10-13, 1:36 pm
I've used 1, 1.5 and 2. Used 2 Scoops yesterday for Heavy Deadlift.

How'd you feel between those three dosages?

J,

Any chance the creatine complex might be altered and or removed? I really really like RageXL, just the creatine monohydrate ruins it for me due to intolerance issues.

The inclusion of the Creapure creatine mono was a popular addition, and besides taste, was the most requested update to Rage XL. We made sure to use only the highest quality creatinemono--the issue with creatine getting a bad rap in the past is that due to it coming from an inferior source or bad processing techniques, users experienced bloating with it. The Creapure version should not exhibit any of this due to it being the purest version on the market. Any high quality version of creatine should not produce any side effects.

Altered Beast
12-10-13, 3:04 pm
How'd you feel between those three dosages?

The inclusion of the Creapure creatine mono was a popular addition, and besides taste, was the most requested update to Rage XL. We made sure to use only the highest quality creatinemono--the issue with creatine getting a bad rap in the past is that due to it coming from an inferior source or bad processing techniques, users experienced bloating with it. The Creapure version should not exhibit any of this due to it being the purest version on the market. Any high quality version of creatine should not produce any side effects.

The three doses, I liked 1.5 the most. It felt closer to the Original Rage strength without giving me irregular heart beat and other strong stim sides.

*On the creatine note, you could be right! I have been taking a digestive enzyme for a few weeks that may be the culprit for my upset stomach!

Altered Beast
12-10-13, 3:25 pm
Alright Mr. J! Ordered some of y'alls super dee duper mega pure German Creatine! Going to perform a field test once it arrives.

This will ultimately confirm or dismiss my results.

Altered Beast
12-12-13, 9:59 am
I discovered the stomach issues I was having was from another supplement plus getting too much fiber in my diet!

I received some of Universal's German Grade Creapure and took a serving of it yesterday on an empty stomach. Result: NO STOMACH ISSUES AT ALL! I'm happy to say I can finally use the best version of Creatine with no issues and even better, I CAN USE RAGEXL!!!

*Like I said before, RageXL is everything I've ever wanted from a pre-workout and I will NEVER train without it!!!!

Swolepez
12-12-13, 12:11 pm
*Like I said before, RageXL is everything I've ever wanted from a pre-workout and I will NEVER train without it!!!!

Right there with you!

J-Dawg
12-12-13, 12:40 pm
I discovered the stomach issues I was having was from another supplement plus getting too much fiber in my diet!

I received some of Universal's German Grade Creapure and took a serving of it yesterday on an empty stomach. Result: NO STOMACH ISSUES AT ALL! I'm happy to say I can finally use the best version of Creatine with no issues and even better, I CAN USE RAGEXL!!!

Nice! I wouldn't lead you astray with my advice!

Altered Beast
12-12-13, 3:30 pm
Right there with you!

Only took me 12 years to find it, but well worth the wait!

Nice! I wouldn't lead you astray with my advice!

I know, I'm just stubborn when I find something that works. At least I can admit when I'm wrong =)

Swolepez
12-13-13, 1:03 am
however, when having a bad day, that level of strength is needed. I would however just take the Red Pill in Pump with RageXL if I'm having that bad of a day for whatever reason.

Just saw this....... Have you tried this yet AB? The red pill in Pump with Rage XL ( or with the older formula)?? If so, what were the results??

I'm kinda interested in what the results would be. Considering Rage XL is slightly lower in caffeine ( when compared to the original) 1 scoop of the new formula plus Pump with the red pill would equal the caffeine content of 4 cups of coffee, or about 400mg caffeine, correct?

400mg would high but not outrageous, I may try this after Christmas and give your recommended Pre-workout stack of Rage XL + Pump a try!

Altered Beast
12-13-13, 9:56 am
Just saw this....... Have you tried this yet AB? The red pill in Pump with Rage XL ( or with the older formula)?? If so, what were the results??

I'm kinda interested in what the results would be. Considering Rage XL is slightly lower in caffeine ( when compared to the original) 1 scoop of the new formula plus Pump with the red pill would equal the caffeine content of 4 cups of coffee, or about 400mg caffeine, correct?

400mg would high but not outrageous, I may try this after Christmas and give your recommended Pre-workout stack of Rage XL + Pump a try!

I have used the Red Pill with the Original formula to test it out and I can confidently say this, it felt like I was on amphetamines! Sweating like crazy, couldn't stop pissing and even shat twice during training! LOL! It's a bit much!

A former Universal employee dubbed 1 Scoop of the Original Rage + 1 Scoop of Shock Therapy as La Bomba. That is even crazier!

Thus far I have only used 2 Scoops of RageXL and haven't gone beyond that. It seemed to do the trick just fine! However, I've noticed the stim effects wear off quicker post-training which I do like so I can sleep without issue. The scooper for the Original Rage is 2-2.5 times the size as the RageXL scooper! I'm hoping they will change that. 2 Scoops of RageXL feels close to the same on a Stimulant basis.

*One of these days I'll try the Red Pill in Pump with 1.5 or maybe 2 Scoops of RageXL to see how I tolerate it ONLY if I'm having a really bad day and totally lacking energy of course. For the time being, I just take out the Red Pill because the ingredients in Pump are quite phenomenal and I can positively say they not only give you skin splitting Pumps, but a boost in strength as well! At least for me =)

Swolepez
12-13-13, 11:45 pm
I have used the Red Pill with the Original formula to test it out and I can confidently say this, it felt like I was on amphetamines! Sweating like crazy, couldn't stop pissing and even shat twice during training! LOL! It's a bit much!

A former Universal employee dubbed 1 Scoop of the Original Rage + 1 Scoop of Shock Therapy as La Bomba. That is even crazier!

Thus far I have only used 2 Scoops of RageXL and haven't gone beyond that. It seemed to do the trick just fine! However, I've noticed the stim effects wear off quicker post-training which I do like so I can sleep without issue. The scooper for the Original Rage is 2-2.5 times the size as the RageXL scooper! I'm hoping they will change that. 2 Scoops of RageXL feels close to the same on a Stimulant basis.

*One of these days I'll try the Red Pill in Pump with 1.5 or maybe 2 Scoops of RageXL to see how I tolerate it ONLY if I'm having a really bad day and totally lacking energy of course. For the time being, I just take out the Red Pill because the ingredients in Pump are quite phenomenal and I can positively say they not only give you skin splitting Pumps, but a boost in strength as well! At least for me =)

Well I don't have Pump anymore but I still do have some red pills from Pump from off days. I'm going to try 1 scoop Rage XL w/ the red pill from Pump and see how the caffeine hits me. I hope I don't get the sharting side effects LOL! That must have not been fun LOL.

Altered Beast
12-16-13, 9:37 am
Well I don't have Pump anymore but I still do have some red pills from Pump from off days. I'm going to try 1 scoop Rage XL w/ the red pill from Pump and see how the caffeine hits me. I hope I don't get the sharting side effects LOL! That must have not been fun LOL.

Try two scoops of RageXL! Works quite well.

Swolepez
12-17-13, 12:53 am
Try two scoops of RageXL! Works quite well.

I tried that last week.... Only problem is 2 scoops would cut down Rage XL from 30 servings to 15 servings.

Altered Beast
12-17-13, 9:54 am
I tried that last week.... Only problem is 2 scoops would cut down Rage XL from 30 servings to 15 servings.

Good point! We need to convince J to double the size of the scooper and powder content. One scoop of the current scooper really isn't enough.

Swolepez
12-17-13, 11:06 am
Good point! We need to convince J to double the size of the scooper and powder content. One scoop of the current scooper really isn't enough.

I agree, let's convince him! Lol.