PDA

View Full Version : Legacy

Joseph V
12-11-13, 5:42 pm
Every man out there in the world has there own opinion on what a legacy should be about after we are gone, what kind of legacy do you think about leaving behind?

G Diesel
12-11-13, 5:55 pm
Trying to impact people in a positive fashion, either directly or indirectly. Showing kindness and mercy to those in need. Being a role model for those you interact with, influencing them to be better and do better.

Teaching your kids right, showing them true, unconditional love. Educating them about history, culture and life. Providing safety and security. Extending in a profound way, the legacy of your parents and those who came before you.

Leaving art in various forms that can be appreciated and learned from after we're physically no longer here. Building things of consequence that outlast us and can be carried on by our descendants.

Finding happiness and joy and meaning in a crazy, chaotic, hectic world and being able to spread that good energy to others in a way that enhances their life.

To be honest and decent and dependable... Someone to be emulated and counted on, who comes through when the chips are down.

I want all that. And I have a lot of work to do.

Peace, G

Joseph V
12-15-13, 3:23 pm
Trying to impact people in a positive fashion, either directly or indirectly. Showing kindness and mercy to those in need. Being a role model for those you interact with, influencing them to be better and do better.

Teaching your kids right, showing them true, unconditional love. Educating them about history, culture and life. Providing safety and security. Extending in a profound way, the legacy of your parents and those who came before you.

Leaving art in various forms that can be appreciated and learned from after we're physically no longer here. Building things of consequence that outlast us and can be carried on by our descendants.

Finding happiness and joy and meaning in a crazy, chaotic, hectic world and being able to spread that good energy to others in a way that enhances their life.

To be honest and decent and dependable... Someone to be emulated and counted on, who comes through when the chips are down.

I want all that. And I have a lot of work to do.

Peace, G

I'm wayy to young to be thinking about this but as of now i sometimes tell myself "if i were to die tomorrow, how will i like for people to remember me by...." and im on the process of that. Onr of the life lessons that has been tried and true for many and it pays back in double or triple fold is treat others how you want to be treated, everything else will follow...

G Diesel
12-16-13, 8:47 am
I'm wayy to young to be thinking about this but as of now i sometimes tell myself "if i were to die tomorrow, how will i like for people to remember me by...." and im on the process of that. Onr of the life lessons that has been tried and true for many and it pays back in double or triple fold is treat others how you want to be treated, everything else will follow...

Never too young to be thinking about what kind of mark you want to leave and how you want to be remembered. I often think the burden of such weighty thoughts is something only to be carried by a certain few. Embrace it.

Couldn't agree more about the cyclical karma of we treat our fellow man. There is little in this world as important.

Peace, G