PDA

View Full Version : New Animal Athlete: Roman "Rex" Fritz

Lady Ignite
12-19-13, 9:02 am
Please welcome the newest addition to Team Animal, bodybuilder Roman “Rex” Fritz. Previously a Universal Athlete, he is making a switch over to Animal. Roman is nothing short of intense in his thoughts on bodybuilding, training and nutrition. Undoubtedly Animal through and through, Rex exhibits a physique that is undeniable, freaky, but also classic.

You can follow his Journey to IFBB pro status here: "My Journey To Reclaim What Was Lost" (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42039-My-Journey-To-Reclaim-What-Was-Lost)

He will be keeping his Q/A here (in English and German): "Made In Germany" (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42056-Made-in-Germany-Find-out-how-it%B4s-done)

Rex, tell us a little about yourself and your inner connection to Animal...

SquatPressPull
12-19-13, 9:08 am
Welcome Rex! Congrats and hope to see/read great things from you!

G-Six
12-19-13, 9:25 am
Welcome to Animal, Rex! This guy is absolute machine and if you've never seen him train or get on stage, I highly suggest you do the next opportunity you have. Rex=bodybuilding

Universal Rep
12-19-13, 9:36 am
Rex=INTENSE bodybuilding

Welcome Rex to the FORVM...

Wrath
12-19-13, 10:18 am
I met Roman in Vegas this year. Just a great guy and now a friend. Guy has some sick wheels Welcome, hope to see you soon maybe Arnold

GUNZ
12-19-13, 10:30 am
Welcome brother!

Animal
12-19-13, 10:38 am
Welcome Rex. Another young bodybuilder with a lot of heart and promise.

smoothballer
12-19-13, 11:22 am
Welcome brother

Jay
12-19-13, 11:42 am
Rumor has it they opened up a spot on Universal for some guy named 'Jay' ;)

Kiddin.. welcome Roman!

Elektra
12-19-13, 5:18 pm
Welcome to Animal, Roman... you'll be a great addition to the FORVM

Enforcer
12-19-13, 6:22 pm
Welcome aboard brotha, another solid addition

Rex
12-19-13, 7:26 pm
Thanks to all of you for welcoming me as part of the Animal brotherhood. It feels great to be here!
Here is the short version of my story of how I got into lifting:

The man who contributed half of my DNA left my mother and me when I was 12 twelve years old. The woman he went to live with also had a son of my age and from that point on I barely heard from him again…
Up until then I had always been an average boy. My grades in school were not great but ok and most of the time I managed to stay out of serious trouble. But that changed dramatically. I became somewhat of a problem child, got mixed up with the wrong type of friends, my performance in school, if I even went, was horrible and because of my behavior they almost kicked me out. So after a year of me being a rebell, my mother decided to put me into a boarding school. I will never forget the day I first arrived there because incidentally it was September 11th 2001…
I hated it. I hated the teachers, I hated all the other kids that were giving me a hard time for being the new guy, I hated school and the mandatory study hours, I hated having to share a bedroom with at least three other idiots and I especially hated the so called food they´d serve us down in the refectory. I had no friends within the institution. My only company was a constant feeling of solitude and burning home sickness…
I tried different sports to take my mind of these things. But team sports never really attracted me. I´ve always been a loner and wanted to depend on nobody else but myself. The boarding school had a tiny weight room with a bench, squat rack, a chin up bar, a couple of barbells and dumbbells and lots of weight plates. None of the other kids took interest in working out and therefore the place was in pretty bad shape. The air was moist down there, every piece of equipment was coated with rust, mold was growing in the upper corners of the ceiling and of course there was no AC or heater. Still, something about this place made me feel at home…
I was 15 at the time. 5`10 at 121lb on a good day. I hated the way my body looked and felt, so I spend every minute of my free time down in my new found sanctuary. All alone, just me, my thoughts and the weights. I guess overcoming the challenge and the pain of lifting had some kind of a therapeutic or drug like effect on my mind. I was hooked…
Those circumstances are what attracted me to the Animal brand. The black and white adds of a guy (turns out to be Frank) training in a ripped up white tank top, all by himself, no fancy equipment, nothing pretty what so ever. The reality that I was living in was exactly reflected in these pictures. Right there I found myself. I wanted to become and Animal. Since then I payed my dues every day… Now I´m here.

N. Motta
12-19-13, 7:26 pm
Congrats.

Just curious, what is the reason/criteria for a Universal athlete to be switched to Animal?

Swolepez
12-19-13, 8:59 pm
Congrats.

Just curious, what is the reason/criteria for a Universal athlete to be switched to Animal?

I'm kinda curious about this as well.

Rex, in your opinion, how diff would the results be for a bodybuilder when comparing a diet that's composed of 6 meals all coming from whole foods to a diet that is maybe : 4 whole meals and two others meals from shakes?

Rex
12-19-13, 9:33 pm
I'm kinda curious about this as well.

Rex, in your opinion, how diff would the results be for a bodybuilder when comparing a diet that's composed of 6 meals all coming from whole foods to a diet that is maybe : 4 whole meals and two others meals from shakes?

For me personally, whole Food is always the first choice. I don´t do any shakes. Precontest or offseason. I found that once I cut out shakes and solely relied on clean real food my body began to take on a different look. I stayed much leaner during the offseason and my stage appearence became much more grainier...

papercut
12-20-13, 6:16 am
Thanks to all of you for welcoming me as part of the Animal brotherhood. It feels great to be here!
Here is the short version of my story of how I got into lifting:

The man who contributed half of my DNA left my mother and me when I was 12 twelve years old. The woman he went to live with also had a son of my age and from that point on I barely heard from him again…
Up until then I had always been an average boy. My grades in school were not great but ok and most of the time I managed to stay out of serious trouble. But that changed dramatically. I became somewhat of a problem child, got mixed up with the wrong type of friends, my performance in school, if I even went, was horrible and because of my behavior they almost kicked me out. So after a year of me being a rebell, my mother decided to put me into a boarding school. I will never forget the day I first arrived there because incidentally it was September 11th 2001…
I hated it. I hated the teachers, I hated all the other kids that were giving me a hard time for being the new guy, I hated school and the mandatory study hours, I hated having to share a bedroom with at least three other idiots and I especially hated the so called food they´d serve us down in the refectory. I had no friends within the institution. My only company was a constant feeling of solitude and burning home sickness…
I tried different sports to take my mind of these things. But team sports never really attracted me. I´ve always been a loner and wanted to depend on nobody else but myself. The boarding school had a tiny weight room with a bench, squat rack, a chin up bar, a couple of barbells and dumbbells and lots of weight plates. None of the other kids took interest in working out and therefore the place was in pretty bad shape. The air was moist down there, every piece of equipment was coated with rust, mold was growing in the upper corners of the ceiling and of course there was no AC or heater. Still, something about this place made me feel at home…
I was 15 at the time. 5`10 at 121lb on a good day. I hated the way my body looked and felt, so I spend every minute of my free time down in my new found sanctuary. All alone, just me, my thoughts and the weights. I guess overcoming the challenge and the pain of lifting had some kind of a therapeutic or drug like effect on my mind. I was hooked…
Those circumstances are what attracted me to the Animal brand. The black and white adds of a guy (turns out to be Frank) training in a ripped up white tank top, all by himself, no fancy equipment, nothing pretty what so ever. The reality that I was living in was exactly reflected in these pictures. Right there I found myself. I wanted to become and Animal. Since then I payed my dues every day… Now I´m here.

You sound like my kind of dude. I'll be following you from here on out.

Rex
12-20-13, 6:59 am
You sound like my kind of dude. I'll be following you from here on out.

Thanks, brother.
Great to have you with me...

naturalguy
12-20-13, 7:18 am
Roman cannot be killed by conventional weapons.............................

The most intense guy I know, he is a machine

J-Dawg
12-20-13, 10:55 am
Welcome aboard Rex! Great to see you as part of Animal now. I always hear from Eric (naturalguy) about your intense approach to bodybuilding--diet, training, lifestyle. That's perfect for Animal!

Razor
12-20-13, 11:09 am
Welcome Roman!

P Diesel
12-20-13, 11:40 am
Roman, haven't had the chance to met ya but ive heard u spoken very highly of by the rest of my brothers. look forward to catchin up. happy training bro. Welcome

P

ibnmahama
12-20-13, 2:16 pm
Welcome to Animal Roman. Looking forward to meeting you

Rex
12-20-13, 7:09 pm
Roman cannot be killed by conventional weapons.............................

The most intense guy I know, he is a machine

Thanks, Eric.

LOL

Pale Rider
12-21-13, 5:16 pm
Welcome man good to have you on board

Rex
12-23-13, 6:56 pm
Thanks to each and every one of you for welcoming me in the Animal Pak. I´m looking forward to a lot of interesting interaction. Maybe we will even get the Chance to meet in person at one of the upcoming events next year. Don´t be scared away by the mean look on my face, I´m actually a pretty nice guy. Just come up and talk to me...

And also please check out my journey thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42039-My-Journey-To-Reclaim-What-Was-Lost&p=1354646#post1354646

I´ll gladly give advice and answer all your questions in my Q&A thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42056-Made-In-Germany&p=1354482&posted=1#post1354482

You can also follow me on Intagram:

@romanfritz

or on my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/romanfritzofficial

Thanks again and merry Christmas to all of you!

Beowulf
01-13-14, 11:22 am
Might be a dumb question but are the responsibilities/opportunities different for an Animal athlete vs. a Universal athlete?

Rex
01-13-14, 7:03 pm
Might be a dumb question but are the responsibilities/opportunities different for an Animal athlete vs. a Universal athlete?

I can only speak from my own experience on this one.
The contractual obligations are the same for me. There are things that change though. For example, as a Universal athlete you get to go on the URTs. Animal athletes get to work other events, like the Cage or ABCs, instead.
The company likes to keep the two brands seperate for marketig reasons, I think.

Other than that we are all a big family and I feel blessed to be a part of it...

brentwillisbgw
01-14-14, 12:31 am
Although you've been a part of the "team" for a lot longer than I have, welcome to the Animal team Roman. I look forward to learning a thing or two about getting bigger .

Beowulf
01-14-14, 10:09 am
I can only speak from my own experience on this one.
The contractual obligations are the same for me. There are things that change though. For example, as a Universal athlete you get to go on the URTs. Animal athletes get to work other events, like the Cage or ABCs, instead.
The company likes to keep the two brands seperate for marketig reasons, I think.

Other than that we are all a big family and I feel blessed to be a part of it...

Thanks for the reply Rex. Makes perfect sense to me. What do you think is more exciting the URTs or the Cage?