PDA

View Full Version : The making of a Norse Warlord

603caos
12-20-13, 7:24 am
A little about me. I am 28 years old. 5'10. 205 lbs. on a light day. About 17% body fat. I lifted for about 2 years in high school and a little over 6 months in college but nothing serious and with no game plan or goals. I recently serious about lifting and feeling good about it again after a 7 year break. I broke my sholder, rotator cuff, and leg a few years back, torn my acl, mcl and had the cartilage removed from my riding dirt bikes so I took a little break. I wanted to start exercising after I had a new son and gaining 35 lbs in the process.

I started lifting serious about 10 weeks ago. Saturday I deadlift. I was able to work up to 365 and pulled 2 sets of 365 for 4 pause reps with no belt or straps. Monday I was able to work up to my last working set of squats at 315lb 2 sets of 2 with no knee brace anymore for a PR (Note: I squat deep as fuck) I went for 3 reps but had a lot of butt wink so didn't count the last reps on those sets. Last night was chest I worked up to 290 2x2 on the bench and dropped back to 225 and got 12 of the rip. I was impressed. It feels good to be showing signs of improvement in all my lifts even if it is not a lot.

Nest week: I hope to pull sets of 405 for my dead lift. I am going for 315 on my bench (old max) and 335 for my squat this Monday. I don't think these are outrages numbers but it feels good to be back in the gym and hear the 45's slap together.

I want to ask if anyone in here does floor presses to improve there bench press? and do they recommend it, or have seen good improvements.

Also I think I need some kind of grip training. I hate to use straps but my hands just wont hold on to the bar after a few touch and go deadlift sets. My back will pull it but my hands wont hold it.

I am seeing good gains. The gym is church for a ADD ADHD guy like myself. I am making steady progress but it still feels like beginner gains for now. Hopefully I am going to start tracking my progress in here. What sucks is I am one of the only guys in my gym that take this shit serious and hit it hard. A lot of the guys there just fuck off and wander around. I wish more guys at my gym lifted instead of socializing.

And so my journey begins. STAY HUNGRY!