PDA

View Full Version : Squats and Sharting

Mark Welbourn
12-29-13, 4:15 pm
Well, because we all need a laugh sometimes, let me tell you about my problem. About 3 months ago, as the lifting got heavy leading into my last meet, I was going to squat a double with 424. I was so psyched, and in the hole of my first rep I let something slide... if you know what I mean :) So what did I do? I did what any good powerlifter who's been carefully planning his training for months would do... I stood there with crap in my shorts and then I slammed my last rep. As I waddled to bathroom to wipe up, I felt really hardcore :), until it happened the next week on 2 x 435 or the next week on my second attempt with 457, thereby necessitating the use of a toilet paper diaper. Now after another training cycle, here I am again, crapping my pants on 3 x 419. Wat da fudge?
Have I got any squat-sharting brothers out there? Am I alone? Is my belt too tight? Am I blind to my own personal fatness?

KettleBellFreak
12-29-13, 6:24 pm
I've had a few poots that scared me, but nothing ever there. Forget it man, if it doesn't develop into something that interferes with daily life, go buy some depends (I think that's the brand for adults). You could always go see a doctor (I understand that isn't always an option though), but if you squat at home, I say do what you gotta do. But I am by no means a professional reference.

The way I see it, some people dont even have legs to stand on, if you can squat and have to wipe your ass when your done, then you are still way luckier than a lot of people who would kill for that to be their only problem with exercise.

intoodeep25
12-29-13, 10:40 pm
ive sharted on squats the past 2 sessions and the last session of deads. I don't know whats going on lately but watery poo is just flying out of my butt. It sucks when youre in the hole with 605 on your back and you crap your pants. Its hard to remain focused and finish the lift lol. The deadlifts were some heavy defecit deads after my heavy sets of deadlifts from the floor. Thank God for camo undies

Swolepez
12-30-13, 1:10 am
Luckily, this has never happened to me lol....but it could possibly be what you ate before or from the nitric oxide or creatine from your guys' pre-workouts possibly.

Mark Welbourn
12-30-13, 12:51 pm
ive sharted on squats the past 2 sessions and the last session of deads. I don't know whats going on lately but watery poo is just flying out of my butt. It sucks when youre in the hole with 605 on your back and you crap your pants. Its hard to remain focused and finish the lift lol. The deadlifts were some heavy defecit deads after my heavy sets of deadlifts from the floor. Thank God for camo undies

Thanks... this is what I was looking for: someone to help me not feel like a complete weirdo. I guess I'll just have to crap my pants when I get over 90% on squats. I eat a lot, crap 3 × a day and add at least a half cup of olive oil to my food a day. May just be my lot in life. Are you consuming oils intoodeep?

Mark Welbourn
12-30-13, 12:57 pm
Luckily, this has never happened to me lol....but it could possibly be what you ate before or from the nitric oxide or creatine from your guys' pre-workouts possibly.
My only pre-workout is coffee. I do take creatine, but I've been off it a week now. I'm suspecting the olive oil in my diet or my belt getting a little too tight.

Swolepez
12-30-13, 1:58 pm
My only pre-workout is coffee. I do take creatine, but I've been off it a week now. I'm suspecting the olive oil in my diet or my belt getting a little too tight.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Olive Oil does soften your stool/poop. So your right, they may be the problem.

rbowman91
12-30-13, 2:27 pm
LOL

knotahumanbeing
12-30-13, 3:16 pm
Especially before leg day, I take pre training session poops. I also do it before I log any miles outside as well..I've had a few close calls though, where I had to make a head call during a training set. Sucks because it definitely throws off your rhythm lol.

Maccabee
12-30-13, 3:30 pm
Go to a doctor maybe this issue is a lot more serious then you think.

I have farted on heavy sets of deadlifts, but it rarely happens.

In your case your lifting every week and its happening each time then maybe its serious.

I just hope one day your intestines dont come out your ass. I have heard of one case where that happened.

Mark Welbourn
12-30-13, 5:14 pm
I just hope one day your intestines dont come out your ass. I have heard of one case where that happened.

Yikes... that doesn't sound pleasant. Maybe I should start doing 5 x 5s on kegels until I can keep the old trap door shut :)

Rex
12-30-13, 6:46 pm
Well, because we all need a laugh sometimes, let me tell you about my problem. About 3 months ago, as the lifting got heavy leading into my last meet, I was going to squat a double with 424. I was so psyched, and in the hole of my first rep I let something slide... if you know what I mean :) So what did I do? I did what any good powerlifter who's been carefully planning his training for months would do... I stood there with crap in my shorts and then I slammed my last rep. As I waddled to bathroom to wipe up, I felt really hardcore :), until it happened the next week on 2 x 435 or the next week on my second attempt with 457, thereby necessitating the use of a toilet paper diaper. Now after another training cycle, here I am again, crapping my pants on 3 x 419. Wat da fudge?
Have I got any squat-sharting brothers out there? Am I alone? Is my belt too tight? Am I blind to my own personal fatness?

Are you taking a fiber supplement? I can only imagine that something like this happens when there is a lot of shit (literally) backed up in your colon.

Taking fiber will help you move your bowel more regularly. I´m sure that this will help with your problem.

You need to take 2 servings a day. Each should contain 8gr of soluable fiber (psyllium husk) and 1-2gr of insoluable fiber (wheat bran).

Start out with only half a serving once a day and slowly progress until you reach that maximum dosage...

Mark Welbourn
12-30-13, 7:09 pm
Are you taking a fiber supplement? I can only imagine that something like this happens when there is a lot of shit (literally) backed up in your colon.

Taking fiber will help you move your bowel more regularly. I´m sure that this will help with your problem.

You need to take 2 servings a day. Each should contain 8gr of soluable fiber (psyllium husk) and 1-2gr of insoluable fiber (wheat bran).

Start out with only half a serving once a day and slowly progress until you reach that maximum dosage...

Hey Rex... ya I actually started considering this possibility today. I just never thought I could be backed up... I'm pooping like a machine.... 7am, 9am and about 5pm every day. I eat a huge bowl of oatmeal with olive oil in it for breakfast every day :) How long would you suggest taking that Rex?

N. Motta
12-30-13, 7:27 pm
While I would definitely get a hell of a laugh out of this, that's pretty fucking gross. And I don't think that it's normal. There very well be something a little off going on.

intoodeep25
12-30-13, 11:04 pm
Everyones making a much bigger deal about it than it is. I know for me the past 2 weeks I changed my pre workout supplement and it makes me have crazy nauseous with diarrhea after taking. For me, this is what has caused the wet farts. Not like ive got a pant load of poop, just a shart. Ive been training for over 7 years and the past 2 weeks are the only times its happened after taking this new stuff that upsets my stomach. OP idk your history with this but if its only a few times, who cares. Try to figure out how to make it stop. If it continues and you are worried about it get it figured out. Not a big deal at all. Don't let the guys on here get you worried or make you feel bad. Who cares. Get it fixed and get back to getting strong.

Jay Nera
12-31-13, 12:13 am
Everyones making a much bigger deal about it than it is. I know for me the past 2 weeks I changed my pre workout supplement and it makes me have crazy nauseous with diarrhea after taking. For me, this is what has caused the wet farts. Not like ive got a pant load of poop, just a shart. Ive been training for over 7 years and the past 2 weeks are the only times its happened after taking this new stuff that upsets my stomach. OP idk your history with this but if its only a few times, who cares. Try to figure out how to make it stop. If it continues and you are worried about it get it figured out. Not a big deal at all. Don't let the guys on here get you worried or make you feel bad. Who cares. Get it fixed and get back to getting strong.

The thread name alone gave me a good laugh. I remember the first time I cleaned 330 lbs...at the bottom of the squat...catching it... you know.

ANyway, I agree, not too big a deal. Figure it out. It'll be fine.

Mark Welbourn
01-01-14, 4:34 pm
The thread name alone gave me a good laugh. I remember the first time I cleaned 330 lbs...at the bottom of the squat...catching it... you know.

ANyway, I agree, not too big a deal. Figure it out. It'll be fine.

Ya.. honestly I'm not worried at all. I just wanted to give everyone a laugh and make myself feel better if this had happened to someone else.
Intoodeep is letting it loose in the hole with 605 on his back... now I've got Jay Nera letting it fly on a heavy clean... I'm good. Now I can go back to wandling through the gym feeling hardcore :)

DanoC
01-01-14, 8:01 pm

I'm only quoting you for the badass Skinless reference. That's my fav album to listen to on max out days.

Never sharted during a squat.... but I've always worried about it.... Nice to know its a thing.

Deathride
01-04-14, 2:14 pm
I just got reminded of the scene in Scrubs involving the Todd....

"Should I do a dookie before I lift weights.....or after? Hmm..........after!"

Coffee stimulates your bowel.....maybe avoid pre-workout and hit the bog pre-squat rack :-)

P Diesel
01-08-14, 1:46 pm
who among us has not shit during training? all good bro .. i mean u may wanna start takin a shit before u squat. every now and then is all good but every week is a different story haha.

u could be ailing from loose butt, mud butt or a combination of both.

i guess that last question would be, if its a full out shit or just a little squirt

P

Mark Welbourn
01-08-14, 4:38 pm
who among us has not shit during training? all good bro .. i mean u may wanna start takin a shit before u squat. every now and then is all good but every week is a different story haha.

u could be ailing from loose butt, mud butt or a combination of both.

i guess that last question would be, if its a full out shit or just a little squirt

P

I managed a triple with 430 without crapping myself. I loosed my belt a notch that time which may have been key. Maybe it should have been a sign to me when it was breaking blood vessels on my fat gut every week :)