PDA

View Full Version : Bucket list gyms...

Joseph V
01-04-14, 3:36 am
Obviously there are some gyms I have not been to yet that i would like to go and train at. One of em is the gym centopani trains at power house "super gym", another would be diamond gym, and theres a few gyms in Pittsburgh one of em where fankhouser used to train at, i believe it was once a church now a gym...

what about you guys/gals?

Firefist
01-04-14, 6:34 am
Obviously there are some gyms I have not been to yet that i would like to go and train at. One of em is the gym centopani trains at power house "super gym", another would be diamond gym, and theres a few gyms in Pittsburgh one of em where fankhouser used to train at, i believe it was once a church now a gym...

ahh youre talkin bout the body shop in yorkville.... been there many times and always get a solid session.

as for me, bevs, elitefts headquarters and the super gym top the list.

Bruiser
01-04-14, 7:04 am
For me:
1. Supertraining Gym
2. DeFranco's
3. Boss Barbell Club
4. EliteFTS
5. Donnie Thompson's NEW Compound (since the OG is long gone)
6. Southern Elite PL
7. Muscle beach

Aggression
01-04-14, 9:12 am
Having worked for Animal, I had the opportunity to hit up many of the great gyms that would top these lists, mostly in NJ but a few more across the nation. One of the gyms that I wasn't a part of was Animal's trip to EliteFTS. That did and still does top the list of gyms I want to visit in my life. Pretty certain I'll never have that chance, but I was fortunate enough to train at gyms like Diamond Gym, Strong and Shapely, Jersey Shore Fitness, Brigantine Fitness Center, Gold's Gym Flamingo (Vegas). I went to college at Ramapo, in Mahwah, NJ. It wasn't until after I graduated and returned home that I realized DeFranco's Gym was just a few miles from my campus (so was Vinny Galanti's Training Station). Kickin' myself in the ass for those.

Swolepez
01-04-14, 2:21 pm
I think training back in Temple Gym with Dorian would be awesome.

Joseph V
01-04-14, 2:52 pm
diamond gym is a pretty famous gym because of frank mcgrath. it looked awesome from the videos, metroflex gym in alrignton?

Malloy1344
01-09-14, 12:10 pm
1.) Westside Barbell
2.) Super Training Gym
3.) Metroflex
4.) EliteFTS HQ
5.) Derek Poundstone's Gym

deanna7272
01-09-14, 12:19 pm

Yep... FF is right, that's the Body Shop... Been a main staple since the early 80's... It once was a Greek Church / School.... Pretty much everything ya need, without the glitz... ;-)

My home away from home....
The tag line in my signature is quoted from the owner, it is on the wall about the rack...

My list will follow.... ;-)

Phil800101
01-09-14, 7:34 pm
I want to train in that futuristic gym that Drago trained at in Rocky IV.

I also want to try this thing out:

http://youtu.be/jZXWHswqCQo?t=40m4s

HIGA MONSTER
01-12-14, 12:17 am
MetroFlex Texas or Long Beach
EliteFTS
Quads Gym with Ed Coan
Golds Gym Venice. I have walked through there to see it, but never lifted in it.
Jackals Gym to lift with the Gillinghams
IronSport

These are in no particular order but thats what I can think of at the moment.

HIGA MONSTER

Phil800101
01-12-14, 2:37 am
MetroFlex Texas or Long Beach
EliteFTS
Quads Gym with Ed Coan
Golds Gym Venice. I have walked through there to see it, but never lifted in it.
Jackals Gym to lift with the Gillinghams
IronSport

These are in no particular order but thats what I can think of at the moment.

HIGA MONSTER

We're hitting it up again next month. You gotta come out sometime dude, then we can all go crush some good Chicago pizza somewhere.