PDA

View Full Version : Reuben San Luis vs. First Meet

Reuben San Luis
01-07-14, 2:42 am
Hey guys, I'm here to post and talk about my first upcoming meet on March 23 over at Supertraining Gym, Sacramento CA. I'm quite the unexperienced lifter and have been training for a little over a year. Since I'm very unfamiliar with the concept of competing, it'd be helpful to get any advise from fellow members on the Animal forum as many have a lot more years under their belt than I do. This first meet means a lot to me because of my willingness and dedication to continue progressing at this sport. It's only been up to now that I've realized that what is more important is not the gains that are made within the span of a couple months to a year, but over the course of my adolescent life up to my later ages in life. I say this because I am only 17 years of age and attending high school at the moment. I'm glad to have started in the sport early so I'll have a lot of experience and knowledge under my own belt when I get older and maybe even pass on what I've gained throughout my journey. Not only will I continue to learn, but I'll continue to experience and try so I can understand what it is to be a powerlifter in all aspects of their life. I'll keep a log of my training here on this thread to continue updating anyone of my training/progression on this cycle leading up to this meet.

Monday 01/06/14 - Squat/Deadlift

Squat (with knee wraps)

bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 2
315 x 1
385 x 2 (wraps)
425 x 1
455 x 3 PR

Speed Pulls

135 x 5
185 x 3
235 x 4 x 6 sets

Dumbbell Shrugs
4 sets of 25

Rear Delt Flys
4 sets of 15

Leg Extensions
5 sets of 15

Leg Curls
5 sets of 15

This is the first session of my training cycle. The squat PR was feeling solid and smooth, so I'm hoping that after in two weeks from now after my Deadlift session week (I alternate the squat/deadlift as the main lift) it'll be the same, next time with 475lbs as a triple.