PDA

View Full Version : National ABC at the Arnold Weekend

LoneWolf45
01-07-14, 1:54 pm
Any news on the ABC for the Arnold weekend yet?

Will it be the same gym?

Zonly1
01-29-14, 9:13 pm
Looking to sign up for this. It would be nice to make it this yr to the ABC. I got 3 friends coming with me.

connorfelton
01-29-14, 10:43 pm
also dying to go, if my dad isn't a member of the forum can he still come or does he need to sign up. Im curious about the eligibility requirements for this event.

RedlegDbell
01-30-14, 12:59 am
also dying to go, if my dad isn't a member of the forum can he still come or does he need to sign up. Im curious about the eligibility requirements for this event.

In the past the only requirement to get in was to wear an Animal shirt. I'm sure that will be the case again. Hope you make it.

Firefist
01-30-14, 9:18 am

To get in, you gotta wear an animal shirt.

However, if you were registered in the forum and signed up in the official ABC thread, there were some LE things for registered attendants.

knotahumanbeing
01-30-14, 9:37 am
To get in, you gotta wear an animal shirt.

However, if you were registered in the forum and signed up in the official ABC thread, there were some LE things for registered attendants.

Suhweet

connorfelton
01-30-14, 9:40 am
is the thread still open for sign up? if so where is it at…link please

Universal Rep
01-30-14, 10:18 am
In the past the only requirement to get in was to wear an Animal shirt. I'm sure that will be the case again. Hope you make it.

Actually, it may not. From wut I heard, last years event had 250+ people and they were packed like sardines in the gym. At a certain point, that aint good and no one can train. So either Corporate has to find a bigger gym thats farther away (cant walk) or they need to come up with a system so that there arent more than 200 people there...

is the thread still open for sign up? if so where is it at…link please

Nuthin has been set yet brotha.

connorfelton
01-30-14, 10:30 am
ok just wanted make sure I was signed up if it was open, Ill keep my eye out.

RedlegDbell
01-30-14, 11:19 am
Actually, it may not. From wut I heard, last years event had 250+ people and they were packed like sardines in the gym. At a certain point, that aint good and no one can train. So either Corporate has to find a bigger gym thats farther away (cant walk) or they need to come up with a system so that there arent more than 200 people there...

Nuthin has been set yet brotha.

I guess that means Vinnie won't be doing a national ABC invite over the sound system in the cage this year haha. Every time the guys did that the last few years I'd think to myself "No stop telling people. It's crowded enough already" lol

Kowboy
01-30-14, 11:53 am
I can always just wear my special euro swimsuit and scare people off

Universal Rep
01-30-14, 1:51 pm
I guess that means Vinnie won't be doing a national ABC invite over the sound system in the cage this year haha. Every time the guys did that the last few years I'd think to myself "No stop telling people. It's crowded enough already" lol

So stayin where its always held has pros and cons, just like limitin who can come. One on hand, Animal is about bein open and invitin to anyone and everyone. But at the same time, too many people aint good either.

Razor
01-30-14, 2:24 pm
So stayin where its always held has pros and cons, just like limitin who can come. One on hand, Animal is about bein open and invitin to anyone and everyone. But at the same time, too many people aint good either.

So true. I knew something would have to be done for this year. Last year was insane!

GUNZ
01-30-14, 2:27 pm

Yea last year was stupid packed!!! To many people and not enough room or weights. Lol. But we made the best of it.

connorfelton
01-30-14, 2:30 pm
I agree….I wasn't there but too many people isn't good. people don't get enough time to really get work done.

Universal Rep
01-30-14, 3:00 pm
I agree….I wasn't there but too many people isn't good. people don't get enough time to really get work done.

No fun and can be a hazard too... So I believe Corporate is lookin at a new gym and/or lookin at ways to cap the # of people who can come to the big event.

flex-em
01-30-14, 5:16 pm
No fun and can be a hazard too... So I believe Corporate is lookin at a new gym and/or lookin at ways to cap the # of people who can come to the big event.

This is good news, every year seems to double in size from the last. Don't get me wrong, new faces are always a good but it seems to be more of a hangout for most. It'll be nice to be able to get a solid session in.

connorfelton
01-30-14, 8:35 pm
ya im jacked to meet some of the guys but in an environment like that you could have a wicked workout….cant wait for it boys

Phil800101
01-31-14, 5:56 am

Great news.

This is good news, every year seems to double in size from the last. Don't get me wrong, new faces are always a good but it seems to be more of a hangout for most. It'll be nice to be able to get a solid session in.

Agreed.

Besides what has been said, I think in the long run it's better to disappoint some people by their not being able to get in than to disappoint a lot of people by setting up an environment that isn't conducive to training and potentially dangerous.

Universal Rep
01-31-14, 10:12 am
Great news.

Agreed.

Besides what has been said, I think in the long run it's better to disappoint some people by their not being able to get in than to disappoint a lot of people by setting up an environment that isn't conducive to training and potentially dangerous.

If the National ABC Event stays where it is, any ideas for cappin the max participation? Should there be a signup sheet? Etc.

GUNS
01-31-14, 10:18 am
If the National ABC Event stays where it is, any ideas for cappin the max participation? Should there be a signup sheet? Etc.

I would look to some of the veterans for this, it was my first National ABC, but if we were at 250+, I think around 200 would be good. Thinking back, if we dropped 50 or so, I don't think it would be that bad, and would still have a great workout with all the family!

RedlegDbell
01-31-14, 11:28 am
I would look to some of the veterans for this, it was my first National ABC, but if we were at 250+, I think around 200 would be good. Thinking back, if we dropped 50 or so, I don't think it would be that bad, and would still have a great workout with all the family!

150-200 would be okay I think but we need Madcat or Domichi to check in on this. Madcat said they remodeled Metro and it's very different. He may be able to give us a better recommendation on the number.

Razor
01-31-14, 11:33 am
If we keep it there definitely a signup. But the question is where? At the Cage itself? MIght be a madhouse haha.

smoothballer
01-31-14, 12:12 pm
If we keep it there definitely a signup. But the question is where? At the Cage itself? MIght be a madhouse haha.

Yeah i worry about this too. Plus you will have people just signing up to sign up then never show and keep others out that didn't get to the signup fast enough

connorfelton
01-31-14, 12:33 pm
I think a sign up sheet is the way to go. If you make people list who is a member and who isn't then that would help corp. get an idea for the member only perks. a cap around 200 I think would be good, just my opinion though

Razor
01-31-14, 1:04 pm
I think a sign up sheet is the way to go. If you make people list who is a member and who isn't then that would help corp. get an idea for the member only perks. a cap around 200 I think would be good, just my opinion though

I don't think you want to go by member status because there may be fellas new to the Animal lifestyle or friends of members who are getting to know what Animal is about that might not be on the board.

twoheadedboy
01-31-14, 1:18 pm
If you're not even registered on the forum, I think you shouldn't have first crack at getting into the ABC. In fact, I would go as far to say that it should be open to people who registered at least 90 days out. Your chance to learn about Animal and get free stuff is at the Cage itself, the National ABC is just a subset of that, and allowing people to swoop in last minute doesn't get you a good ROI in growing the brand frankly (where are all those new forum members now?) In an ideal world I would say the National ABC should be comprised of people who attended at least one local event in the past 12 months, but I'm guessing that's probably going a little too far (at least at the moment). I understand why the barrier to entry was so low in the beginning; that photo of all the attendees is great marketing material after the fact. But Animal is past the point of having to bribe people off the street with free stuff and dinner for a chance to lift and chat with some of the people on staff, IMO.

Animal is popular enough, the National ABC is a special event that should be for the biggest fans, not people who heard there would be free stuff and food, signed up the day before, showed up, got the schwag and left.

As for the number...whatever the count was in 2012 was perfect I think. 2013 was too high.

D-NUTZ
01-31-14, 1:24 pm
If you're not even registered on the forum, I think you shouldn't have first crack at getting into the ABC. In fact, I would go as far to say that it should be open to people who registered at least 90 days out. Your chance to learn about Animal and get free stuff is at the Cage itself, the National ABC is just a subset of that, and allowing people to swoop in last minute doesn't get you a good ROI in growing the brand frankly (where are all those new forum members now?) In an ideal world I would say the National ABC should be comprised of people who attended at least one local event in the past 12 months, but I'm guessing that's probably going a little too far (at least at the moment). I understand why the barrier to entry was so low in the beginning; that photo of all the attendees is great marketing material after the fact. But Animal is past the point of having to bribe people off the street with free stuff and dinner for a chance to lift and chat with some of the people on staff, IMO.

Animal is popular enough, the National ABC is a special event that should be for the biggest fans, not people who heard there would be free stuff and food, signed up the day before, showed up, got the schwag and left.

As for the number...whatever the count was in 2012 was perfect I think. 2013 was too high.

Very good post brother and I agree with most of it.

I like the 90 days out thing. Over the years I've seen so many people sign up in time for promos/freebies, never to be seen again (or until the next round of freebies come along).

I hate to leave people out, but its something that has to be done IMO to control the crowd and make/keep the ABC an enjoyable experience.

G Diesel
01-31-14, 2:27 pm
No matter where the hell it ends up being, I'm very much looking forward to it.

For the record, trying to nail down details and provide insight to my peeps ASAP.

Peace, G

Phil800101
01-31-14, 4:35 pm

I think a great way to do it would be an entry pass, like the form for the box or t-shirts. No pass, no ABC.

Have pre-registration on the Forvm, with a set cap. Once it's closed, PM those who signed up with a link to a .pdf file. If possible make it so it couldn't be shared.

Leave spots open for people who come to The Cage, and have passes there. Athletes and Staff could hand them out an a case-by-case basis to the people who are genuinely interested. You don't want to exclude people, but you don't want jamokes who are showing up to grab free shit and bolt either.

If we were capped at 200 total (not counting staff and athletes), I'd say go with 150 Forvm, 50 hand-out passes...or 140/60...base it on sign-ups from last year.

Maybe make up a poster about the National ABC and explain what it is, and how to get in. Play up pre-registration on the Forvm.

When in doubt, blame the fire code. Make it clear that there is a limit to how many can attend and that it's out of your hands. People will be upset, and invisible scapegoats are always a great thing.

Phil800101
01-31-14, 4:36 pm

For the record, trying to nail down details and provide insight to my peeps ASAP.

Peace, G

Good to know G, thanks as always for your efforts in this regard!

HIGA MONSTER
01-31-14, 6:52 pm
Great point here...

HIGA

Nattypower
01-31-14, 7:36 pm
Cant wait to see what you guys decide, I was at 2012 ABC squatting with the Ant and deadlifting with Ed Coan was the greatest day ever I'll never forget it and hope to be lucky enough to take part this year.

How does one become a volunteer at the cage?

Kowboy
02-03-14, 8:33 am
Cant wait to see what you guys decide, I was at 2012 ABC squatting with the Ant and deadlifting with Ed Coan was the greatest day ever I'll never forget it and hope to be lucky enough to take part this year.

How does one become a volunteer at the cage?

They usually post up a thread about interning once the cage gets closer.

Kowboy
02-03-14, 8:35 am

Peace, G

hell yeah, I will be there regardless. Not sure what I should lift this year...I have always done squats and deads. Maybe I should change it up.

J-Dawg
02-03-14, 9:48 am

It doesn't get much better than that!

connorfelton
02-03-14, 11:28 am
hey, curious about music at the abc…will it be blasting throughout the gym or do we need to bring our own if we want it. I know you guys rock the cage like crazy so i was curious if its the same way for the abc

freighttraindane
02-03-14, 11:30 am
hey, curious about music at the abc…will it be blasting throughout the gym or do we need to bring our own if we want it. I know you guys rock the cage like crazy so i was curious if its the same way for the abc

There isn't music blasting like at the Cage, so if you need music to lift, bring ur head phones. But honestly with all the coaching and tips from the Pro's i find i don't end up using my head phones at all. I try to soak in all the knowledge I can get

Universal Rep
02-03-14, 12:11 pm
Looks like it'll be Metro again this year... And the admission will unfortunately be limited to first come first serve... Stay sharp.

connorfelton
02-03-14, 12:30 pm
ok i totally forgot that all of the pros will be there. so no sign up sheet? just show up and get in before they cap it? is there gonna be a # where they stop taking people in.

Universal Rep
02-03-14, 12:33 pm
ok i totally forgot that all of the pros will be there. so no sign up sheet? just show up and get in before they cap it? is there gonna be a # where they stop taking people in.

My guess is itll be an "item" in Animals Shop. The "purchase" will be free, but this will give Corporate a way to keep track.

connorfelton
02-03-14, 3:45 pm
is that a way to make it members only….or will spots be left for people at the cage. I agree that it should be guys that really are into it and not just a bunch of wanna be lifter moochers who just want some free stuff. Kinda like high school jersey snatchers…the guys that join the team and don't hit a freakin lick in practice but they are the loudest guy on the sidelines and the proudest one wearing the jersey on friday because they have one….i hate that….it should be guys(and girls) that really have a passion for the sport and have bought into the animal way of life

Nattypower
02-03-14, 5:07 pm
Here's a little video from 2012 ABC on my youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AnohkIfl50

So much awesome in that gym it was crazy

freighttraindane
02-03-14, 5:19 pm
My guess is itll be an "item" in Animals Shop. The "purchase" will be free, but this will give Corporate a way to keep track.

Damn shits gonna get crazy now, mad rushing when the doors open over to the cage for the LE gear and now form to get into the ABC. I better start working on my speed and agility to make it over there in time.

brunos400ex
02-03-14, 7:27 pm
Went last year for my first ABC, definitely an awesome experience and looking forward to it again.

deanna7272
02-03-14, 8:29 pm
Damn shits gonna get crazy now, mad rushing when the doors open over to the cage for the LE gear and now form to get into the ABC. I better start working on my speed and agility to make it over there in time.

Duck and weave brother, duck and weave!!!!

connorfelton
02-03-14, 8:56 pm
so wait there is LE stuff for the first people to get to the cage…ill be punchin shoven and kicken to get there in that case. Is it each day or only one

RedlegDbell
02-03-14, 9:24 pm
so wait there is LE stuff for the first people to get to the cage…ill be punchin shoven and kicken to get there in that case. Is it each day or only one

No punching! Lol. Last couple of years they have split up the goods. Half for Friday morning and the other half Saturday morning.

flex-em
02-03-14, 10:19 pm

We've got this D!!

connorfelton
02-03-14, 10:27 pm
ha ya might not be good around a bunch of meatheads roid ragin…jk…should be a good time

freighttraindane
02-03-14, 10:42 pm

Not my first rodeo Dee, u know that!

deanna7272
02-04-14, 12:15 am
We've got this D!!

You know it...

Not my first rodeo Dee, u know that!

Yes sir, I do... Lead the way!!!

Universal Rep
02-04-14, 3:17 pm

My bad... When I said "Shop" I meant the web version... http://www.animalpak.com/store/

So in other words, the "item" goes live in the Shop and people can "purchase" it online, first come, first serve... No pushing, no shovin, haha.

freighttraindane
02-04-14, 3:36 pm
My bad... When I said "Shop" I meant the web version... http://www.animalpak.com/store/

So in other words, the "item" goes live in the Shop and people can "purchase" it online, first come, first serve... No pushing, no shovin, haha.

You know it...

Yes sir, I do... Lead the way!!!

Dee, I still be the fullback for ya, even though not for this reason, haha

@lukkov
02-04-14, 4:39 pm
That seems about right. It was packed, but still great to meet and talk to everyone. You have to go into it knowing you're probably not going to get everything you would normally get done during your workout done, and just treat it as an extra session.

flex-em
02-04-14, 5:17 pm

Stalking for the drop! 4 years in, it'd be a bummer to miss out.. Like the idea tho

Phil800101
02-04-14, 5:40 pm

Awesome, this is a great idea!

skibasgym
02-04-14, 9:49 pm
The national Abc day is an awesome event...Yeah the place is always packed,but theres strength in numbers.
Just a great exchange of ideas and camaraderie.
Henri skibasgym

Dman
02-04-14, 10:12 pm
Went last year for my first ABC, definitely an awesome experience and looking forward to it again.

Yeah same here was my first one as well and was a blast gettin to meet and see everyone from the bodybuilders to the Powerlifters!

brownbear
02-05-14, 12:11 am
I'll be waiting!

RedlegDbell
02-05-14, 2:01 pm

U Rep just started this thread. Wanted to link it here too since it's related to some degree.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42244-CAGE-Events

Universal Rep
02-05-14, 3:17 pm
U Rep just started this thread. Wanted to link it here too since it's related to some degree.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42244-CAGE-Events

So to pre-register for the National ABC Event this year, ur gonna have to be registered in the store here... http://www.animalpak.com/store/

IMPORTANT: Bein registered in the FORVM is not the same thing as registerin in the shop. These are two wholly separate things.

Corporate will announce when the event is open for registration ("purchase") and itll be first come, first serve until all the spots fill up.

GUNS
02-05-14, 4:09 pm
U Rep, will we be able to add names for our families, or will they all need to register in the shop? Im assuming the later?

smoothballer
02-06-14, 7:48 am
U Rep, will we be able to add names for our families, or will they all need to register in the shop? Im assuming the later?

Had the same question. Didn't know if there was a quantity selection in The Shop for this item

Appollonian
02-06-14, 9:15 am
Had the same question. Didn't know if there was a quantity selection in The Shop for this item

Either way I guess I'll be signing some folks up for The Shop shortly...

Wrath
02-10-14, 11:43 am
Last year it was packed. Hard to train but still great to have so many people show up that wanted to be a part of the ABC.

connorfelton
02-10-14, 5:39 pm
when is this item going to " be available " in the shop…I don't want to miss this for the world

RedlegDbell
02-10-14, 9:29 pm
when is this item going to " be available " in the shop…I don't want to miss this for the world

Trouble is I know I'm registered in the shop but can't remember my login info lol

smoothballer
02-11-14, 7:54 am
Trouble is I know I'm registered in the shop but can't remember my login info lol

There is a send information to your email option.

Razor
02-11-14, 8:57 am
So to pre-register for the National ABC Event this year, ur gonna have to be registered in the store here... http://www.animalpak.com/store/

IMPORTANT: Bein registered in the FORVM is not the same thing as registerin in the shop. These are two wholly separate things.

Corporate will announce when the event is open for registration ("purchase") and itll be first come, first serve until all the spots fill up.

I like this!

connorfelton
02-12-14, 8:46 pm
any clue when this will be posted in the store

Hortybob
02-14-14, 12:52 pm
I'm guessing it sold out? I can't find it in the store. Fml.

freighttraindane
02-14-14, 1:03 pm
I'm guessing it sold out? I can't find it in the store. Fml.

it hasn't been posted yet

connorfelton
02-14-14, 1:09 pm
will there be a notification or do we just have to keep watching

freighttraindane
02-14-14, 1:21 pm
will there be a notification or do we just have to keep watching

Haha, if I know URep, NG and the team up there, you are just going ot have to keep watching.

You will see posts like "coming soon....." or "I hear annoucements are coming"

Always stirring the pot

Vinny G
02-17-14, 5:19 am

Vinny won't be there…No MC Vinny G in the CAGE!

No shout outs, no announcements, no ball breaking…

I made a suggestion to corporate last year that the ABC should be in one of the huge conference rooms in the hotel, bring in equipment and the room will hold over 400 people. I hope this happens for you guys….take pics for me and tags me on IG @vinny_galanti

freighttraindane
02-17-14, 8:46 am
Vinny won't be there…No MC Vinny G in the CAGE!

No shout outs, no announcements, no ball breaking…

I made a suggestion to corporate last year that the ABC should be in one of the huge conference rooms in the hotel, bring in equipment and the room will hold over 400 people. I hope this happens for you guys….take pics for me and tags me on IG @vinny_galanti

Damn Vinny, you will be missed brother, not sure the Cage will be the same without the Lip on the mic

Kowboy
02-17-14, 9:53 am
That is a shame and a bad move. It won't be the same. You will def be missed.

Vinny G
02-17-14, 11:06 am
Damn Vinny, you will be missed brother, not sure the Cage will be the same without the Lip on the mic

not my choice, i'm sure who ever replaces me will do a fine job...

freighttraindane
02-17-14, 11:27 am
not my choice, i'm sure who ever replaces me will do a fine job...

I kinda figured that it wasn't your choice, but the thing is that "fine" is not what the Cage is about.

Phil800101
02-17-14, 1:24 pm
You will definitely be missed Vinny, it won't be the same without you.

J-Dawg
02-17-14, 1:41 pm
FYI... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42299-IMPORTANT-National-ABC-Event-Ticket-Info