PDA

View Full Version : using roc tape

skibasgym
01-15-14, 8:08 pm
hurt my rib last week and usually takes a long time to heal so I can deadlift or squat.
I had my Roc certified practitioner do his magic and voila!!I deadlifted light with no pain..I realize I didn't go heavy yet,but got blood into the area and started to accelerate the healing process.
Henri..
any comments

Rex
01-16-14, 6:51 pm
hurt my rib last week and usually takes a long time to heal so I can deadlift or squat.
I had my Roc certified practitioner do his magic and voila!!I deadlifted light with no pain..I realize I didn't go heavy yet,but got blood into the area and started to accelerate the healing process.
Henri..
any comments

I have never heard of "roc tape"...
Do you know how that stuff works? Transdermal pain killers? Magnetes?
What´s the deal?

PapaCobra
01-17-14, 7:31 am
What´s the deal?

From what I understand its just another form of myofascial release to allow more blood into the area. I've used it on my shoulder when my tendonitis (at least I think that's what it is) flares up badly along with light, rehab type isolation movements. I'm glad it helped skibasgym so rapidly, but I never saw such quick effects.

naturalguy
01-17-14, 8:12 am
What´s the deal?

It's also called "Kinesiology tape" or K tape:

https://www.kttape.com/

Kowboy
01-17-14, 11:05 am
I worked the crossfit regionals last year and the Rock Tape guys kept me going the whole weekend. My shoulders, traps etc would get super tight from all the standing and once they hooked me up I was good to go. I used a lot of the 4" tape and it just helped me keep the muscles loose adn maintain a good posture.