PDA

View Full Version : New Animal seminar idea...

Universal Rep
01-17-14, 10:30 am
The fellas at Corporate wanted me to pass this idea along... If its possible and based on logistics, anyone interested in having the seminars moved outside the CAGE and to a different, more quiet room? This seminar would feature some of Animal's bodybuilders and powerlifters. Mebbe like a Q/A type seminar or sumthin. Chime in fellas if ur goin and interested...

Firefist
01-17-14, 10:43 am
Its a cool idea, but i think with the masses rolling around the arnold, its gonna tough. Not really a hassle per say, but its gonna be really weird hearing NG or vinny saying that everyone who wants to go to _____'s seminar has to leave the cage and go elsewhere, potentially missing some other cool shit.

Just my 2 cents.

Universal Rep
01-17-14, 10:46 am
Its a cool idea, but i think with the masses rolling around the arnold, its gonna tough. Not really a hassle per say, but its gonna be really weird hearing NG or vinny saying that everyone who wants to go to _____'s seminar has to leave the cage and go elsewhere, potentially missing some other cool shit.

Just my 2 cents.

No, it would be in the AM I believe and before the CAGE gets rollin. Certainly wouldnt conflict with a liftin exhibition. Sunday makes the most sense I think. Plus, the seminar would be close by but in a private room, a large private room...

Kowboy
01-17-14, 10:49 am
I would attend regardless, would be cool to see.

Firefist
01-17-14, 10:51 am
No, it would be in the AM I believe and before the CAGE gets rollin. Certainly wouldnt conflict with a liftin exhibition. Sunday makes the most sense I think. Plus, the seminar would be close by but in a private room, a large private room...

well why didn't you say so?! that's the best of both worlds. that would be so dope.

Universal Rep
01-17-14, 10:53 am
well why didn't you say so?! that's the best of both worlds. that would be so dope.

My sole goal is to make sure I provide ya, FF, with the best of both worlds scenarios. It pleases me... Hahahahaha.

Universal Rep
01-17-14, 10:54 am
I would attend regardless, would be cool to see.

Ill tell ya, Ive watched the livestream over the years and when they get to the seminars, I can barely hear a word. I can only imagine its worse there with all the crowd noise. So I know folks want to listen to and ask the athletes questions. So why not move it and make it an official seminar?

smoothballer
01-17-14, 10:54 am
I am assuming that with all the new powerlifters added to the family the company is trying to find a way to put on the best show possible but trying to keep the bodybuilding seminars as part of the Arnold. I know people really do love picking the bodybulders minds about diet and exercises. While the company has moved more towards powerlifting, the likes of Ox, Wrath, and House are always fan favorites. It would have to really be communicated well in order to pull off something before the Cage starts and you will lose people that just showed up that day and are not part of the FORVM that knows the schedule.

Maybe you can have 1 or 2 sessions in the Cage. They are sometimes a nice break from the action as well as allowing time for the powerlifters to warm up. I know you would get a big draw of you were to have a combined Ox and Wrath seminar. And a Blue Collar one with House and maybe Seath with his huge transformation to bodybuilding while working. Just some ideas.

Firefist
01-17-14, 11:20 am
Seath with his huge transformation to bodybuilding while working.

Now theres an idea.....

Universal Rep
01-17-14, 12:11 pm
I am assuming that with all the new powerlifters added to the family the company is trying to find a way to put on the best show possible but trying to keep the bodybuilding seminars as part of the Arnold. I know people really do love picking the bodybulders minds about diet and exercises. While the company has moved more towards powerlifting, the likes of Ox, Wrath, and House are always fan favorites. It would have to really be communicated well in order to pull off something before the Cage starts and you will lose people that just showed up that day and are not part of the FORVM that knows the schedule.

Maybe you can have 1 or 2 sessions in the Cage. They are sometimes a nice break from the action as well as allowing time for the powerlifters to warm up. I know you would get a big draw of you were to have a combined Ox and Wrath seminar. And a Blue Collar one with House and maybe Seath with his huge transformation to bodybuilding while working. Just some ideas.

I think this seminar would include both powerlifters and bodybuilders at the same time... And I think the point is to move the seminars out of the CAGE but move it where people can really relax, ask, listen and learn...

Razor
01-17-14, 12:57 pm
Love the idea. A short get away from the madness in the Cage to interact and really listen.

Kowboy
01-17-14, 1:36 pm
Ill tell ya, Ive watched the livestream over the years and when they get to the seminars, I can barely hear a word. I can only imagine its worse there with all the crowd noise. So I know folks want to listen to and ask the athletes questions. So why not move it and make it an official seminar?

That is really a great idea. I know on several that I have seen I end up spending the entire time really trying to listen and unless you are right up on top of everyone there is no way it will happen. The Arnold just gets bigger and bigger so I can only assume it is just going to get louder as well.

smoothballer
01-17-14, 2:28 pm
I think this seminar would include both powerlifters and bodybuilders at the same time... And I think the point is to move the seminars out of the CAGE but move it where people can really relax, ask, listen and learn...

That works then

knotahumanbeing
01-17-14, 2:43 pm
I think it would be great a opportunity for people who are either new to the sport and/or have an interest in competing/training and would like to learn directly from the pros. The private seminar would provide a more personal experience where people would not feel as timid or reserved as they would at a large setting like the cage.

GUNS
01-17-14, 4:08 pm
Ill tell ya, Ive watched the livestream over the years and when they get to the seminars, I can barely hear a word. I can only imagine its worse there with all the crowd noise. So I know folks want to listen to and ask the athletes questions. So why not move it and make it an official seminar?So what your really saying here, is that the live feed will be back up for those that cant attend, and they will have a better listen to the seminars!

Love the idea. A short get away from the madness in the Cage to interact and really listen.
Agree!

Appollonian
01-17-14, 4:13 pm
I like this idea, the only downside is I gotta leave somewhat early on Sunday...

GUNS
01-17-14, 6:37 pm
I like this idea, the only downside is I gotta leave somewhat early on Sunday...

So what your saying is youll be there! Yes!

J Wong
01-17-14, 9:50 pm
I think it is a great idea.

Phil800101
01-17-14, 10:02 pm
Sounds good to me.

ghost
01-19-14, 9:29 am
That's a solid idea, and have it so those who attended were able to walk in with the crew? Make it a small, private thing?

Universal Rep
01-21-14, 10:16 am
That's a solid idea, and have it so those who attended were able to walk in with the crew? Make it a small, private thing?

I think itd need to be open to the "public" and set it up as a "first come, first serve" kinda deal like the special coupons for the free CAGE tee... No matter wut, my guess is the seminar would fill up pretty quick. Like the National ABC event...

ghost
01-21-14, 9:08 pm
I think itd need to be open to the "public" and set it up as a "first come, first serve" kinda deal like the special coupons for the free CAGE tee... No matter wut, my guess is the seminar would fill up pretty quick. Like the National ABC event...

I think the problem you will find is that all those people then have to wait in the back end of the line to get in to the expo..

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 1:27 pm
I think the problem you will find is that all those people then have to wait in the back end of the line to get in to the expo..

This would not be in the expo hall.. So you wouldnt have to pay to get into the hall first or wait in that long line...

ghost
01-22-14, 2:13 pm
This would not be in the expo hall.. So you wouldnt have to pay to get into the hall first or wait in that long line...

I know, what I am saying, is that if the seminar is at the arnold, during the weekend, and it isnt in the expo itself, people are going to have to...after the seminar....head back to the expo and get back in the line to get in.

unless this is being held before the weekend on a thursday or something.

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 3:45 pm
I know, what I am saying, is that if the seminar is at the arnold, during the weekend, and it isnt in the expo itself, people are going to have to...after the seminar....head back to the expo and get back in the line to get in.

unless this is being held before the weekend on a thursday or something.

It would be early Sun... I believe the expo opens wut, 10am? So if the seminar is 9-11am, youd miss an hour of the expo on Sun. But many are also gonna have been there Sat. Also the CAGE events would be shifted around to accommodate this too. Ya wouldnt want Malanichev lift in on Sun at 10am. So mebbe just fill 10-11am with bench ur bodyweight contests, etc.

ghost
01-22-14, 3:56 pm
It would be early Sun... I believe the expo opens wut, 10am? So if the seminar is 9-11am, youd miss an hour of the expo on Sun. But many are also gonna have been there Sat. Also the CAGE events would be shifted around to accommodate this too. Ya wouldnt want Malanichev lift in on Sun at 10am. So mebbe just fill 10-11am with bench ur bodyweight contests, etc.

understandable. sorry for any confusion :)

Brandon Lilly
01-22-14, 3:59 pm
Danny Dague owner of Lexen Xtreme would open his gym up for it. It's not a huge place but its hardcore.

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 4:23 pm
Danny Dague owner of Lexen Xtreme would open his gym up for it. It's not a huge place but its hardcore.

Prob is the place has got to be close to the expo... Otherwise, it would have to be Fri or Sun nite.

@lukkov
02-04-14, 4:34 pm
I would listen to them talk regardless of the location.
Can't wait to hear, see, and be a part of it again.

skibasgym
02-04-14, 9:27 pm
I've done the cage 3 times and it was an awesome experience.
Many people love the atmosphere and excitement
It is sometimes hard to hear the questions but we managed.
I do think a separate room with technology advantages can make a new mark
in better and trend setting seminars..
Henri
skibasgym carteret

conjugalburns
02-09-14, 11:42 am
yes please. I have a feeling sunday may be the only day I can make it. one of the down sides of being the only employee where I work

Aggression
02-09-14, 1:43 pm
I'm going to think outside the box here.

I've been to the Arnold under Animal's employment for a handful of years. I loved the whole weekend. The ABC itself is great in theory, but it never seems to run very smooth. Why? Simply because there are too many people. And because the majority of the 250+ that show up are just there b/c they heard it in passing that day and just want free shit. I've never been able to get a real, quality workout in that gym during the big ABC event. And I know corporate is trying to figure out a solution to that situation. So what about this; we have something similar to a UBC Event during the time that the ABC event usually takes place. We have a few pro PL'ers and BB'ers under the Animal brand do a ~30min seminar on something specific and rotate to the next guy. Have a few stations, run it about 2-2.5hrs, finish with a collective meal and some giveaways, and call it a night?

This is just based on my personal experience. I'd rather get some solid advice from many of the greats in a semi-private setting rather than try to synchronize my reps of barbell curls in between two separate bench press stations so that we don't all bang barbells together.

MAB
02-09-14, 3:35 pm
I think it sounds like an awesome idea. Especially if it's done in the morning before the Cage gets started. Who knows what loud mouthed cardio bunny will be beside the Cage this year.

LayzieBone085
02-10-14, 8:05 am
Personally I feel this would be a great idea. For one you are getting out of the masses of the Arnold, and we know how that goes on Saturday where they are boatloads of people like its a nightclub gone bad since you are shoulder to shoulder. Second this gives more time from a unviersal pro to give his outlook on the seminar.

Personally If i had the chance i would love to listen to ---> Vinny G, OX, Christian C, Ant V, Josh Landry, J Hallady, Roman Fritz etc just on their personal outlook on Dieting, Training, and Nutrition. I can say this for everyone that we learn from everyone, and everyone responds differently. I think they could preach for hours (literally) on this aspect, things they have found to work for them (Carb loading, contest prep, peak week, carb cycling, offseason and pre-contest diets, cardio) and I am not even touching training. Not to mention we could get Tom Fuller up there doing a seminar on the same thing with all the people he has prepped in his time with universal and how they have been successful and his approach to his diet and training/cardio protocol.

Other things they could cover would be:
- Cardio Pre-Contest/OffSeason
- Changes in diet/macros Pre-contest/offseason
- Training for Pre-contest/offseason
- General Training for the average gym goer
- Most common Mistakes seen in the gym and outside of the gym (mostly diet related here)
- Contest Prep Mistakes
- Peak week adjustments and mistakes

Now i know i am just getting the ball rolling, but for the amount of knowledge and information you could get from these guys and their topics on this. It is DAMN well worth our time, and money.

just throwing my 2 cents out there..

Wrath
02-10-14, 11:49 am
I think it's a great idea people would be more comfortable and speak up. I think some people get intimidated by the huge crowd and don't wanna talk on a mic

Alpha Bench
02-10-14, 12:09 pm
Man this is a great idea.