PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain in lower back @ top of a deadlift

fattmatt
01-17-14, 11:19 pm
Im on my third week of Sheiko 37 and I'm starting to feel a short sharp pain about two inches above my ass crack when i lock out a deadlift. Feels like if I hyper-extended the lockout I would break my spine. Also feeling it when I unrack a squat. I know it's hard to diagnose these things over the internet, and I will probably end up visiting a chiro. Just curious if anyone has experienced a similar pain.

TLDR: Short sharp pain in lower back just above glutes when i lockout a deadlift (feel it especially with lighter weight during speed pulls).

fattmatt
01-17-14, 11:20 pm
To further what I've said it isn't affecting my strength. Just annoying really and I don't feel it on rest days.

PapaCobra
01-18-14, 8:53 am
If i were you, I'd definitely see a chiropractor with experience in sports medicine. Mine is a lifter as well and when i have a problem, he usually knows exectly what needs to be done, which half the time isn't even an adjustment. When a new pain pops up (no pun intended) in your back, its much better to be safe than sorry.

Rex
01-20-14, 6:58 pm
If i were you, I'd definitely see a chiropractor with experience in sports medicine. Mine is a lifter as well and when i have a problem, he usually knows exectly what needs to be done, which half the time isn't even an adjustment. When a new pain pops up (no pun intended) in your back, its much better to be safe than sorry.

Bro, that doesn´t sound too good.

If I were you, I´d definitely take PapaCobra´s advice and get checked out.
You might think you´re hardcore and be able to push through the pain, but imagine what could happen if you seriously damage something in your lower back. You might never deadlift and squat heavy again...

fattmatt
01-21-14, 9:55 am
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to make an appointment for later this week. Yesterday's squat session felt great and I handled a 415 double pain free, but I was also paying more attention to not "winking" at the bottom.

PapaCobra
01-21-14, 11:30 am
Anytime, brother. Let us know what happens.

Brandon Lilly
01-22-14, 3:44 pm
Soreness, and achy/annoying pain is one thing, shooting pain in specific positions is entirely another. I encourage you to see a good massage therapist to loosen any tightness, then find a reputable sports chiro.

fattmatt
01-23-14, 5:18 pm
Soreness, and achy/annoying pain is one thing, shooting pain in specific positions is entirely another. I encourage you to see a good massage therapist to loosen any tightness, then find a reputable sports chiro.

Thanks Brandon. Yesterday I was able to go heavy doubles on deadlift with no problems really. I really feel it warming up for example speed pulls with 135 right when I get locked out. Made an appointment with a chiro today though anyways. I think it hurts worst when I'm sitting down for a long period of time which makes me think a pinched nerve.