PDA

View Full Version : Customized Limited Edition ANIMAL GEAR for 2014?

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 1:31 pm
Last year, the good folks at Animal offered customizable t-shirs where u could get ur name put on the back of a shirt. Wuz that cool? Did folks like that?

For 2014, should Animal do customizable tees again, but mebbe a little different this year?

Brandon Lilly
01-22-14, 3:57 pm
I thought it was awesome...

knotahumanbeing
01-22-14, 4:51 pm
I didn't get to it last year, but I still thought it to be pretty awesome, especially the black jersey style shirt with the white trim. I'd love to hop on that this year, or anything similar.

Maybe a customized printed out poster of yourself if you lifted in the cage? Or if you participated in the bench your bodyweight?

Razor
01-22-14, 4:56 pm
A lot of folks were excited and happy we did it. Was definitely a hit. Hell for those fellas there, look at the lines!!

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 5:00 pm
Instead of names, which as I understand it took a long, long time... How about set designs? And ya get to choose? Want a big A logo on a yellow shirt? Boom, done. Want a unique Iconic on a grey shirt? Yup, done and done. So mebbe only a few choices in color tees plus just a few diff Iconic designs and logos and ya get to mix and match. Etc.

GUNZ
01-22-14, 5:06 pm
Last year, the good folks at Animal offered customizable t-shirs where u could get ur name put on the back of a shirt. Wuz that cool? Did folks like that?

For 2014, should Animal do customizable tees again, but mebbe a little different this year?

Custom T last year was bad ass!!

knotahumanbeing
01-22-14, 5:10 pm
Instead of names, which as I understand it took a long, long time... How about set designs? And ya get to choose? Want a big A logo on a yellow shirt? Boom, done. Want a unique Iconic on a grey shirt? Yup, done and done. So mebbe only a few choices in color tees plus just a few diff Iconic designs and logos and ya get to mix and match. Etc.

Fuck yeah! Now that would be awesome. My own unique LE Animal shirt? You best believe I'm buying 2.

Razor
01-22-14, 5:11 pm

Now we're talking!! I love this idea.

Universal Rep
01-22-14, 5:27 pm
Custom T last year was bad ass!!

Its wut makes Animal, Animal... The personal touch.

Now we're talking!! I love this idea.

I am THE Universal Rep after all, haha.

Fuck yeah! Now that would be awesome. My own unique LE Animal shirt? You best believe I'm buying 2.

Just 2????

haha, j/k

Razor
I think NFL.com does something similar to this? Can't wait to see this.

Universal Rep
I think NFL.com does something similar to this? Can't wait to see this.

Not a new idea, but one I think the expo goers would luv, eh? Only a handful of folks at the Arnold would sport ur exact tee... Makes for a very, very rare LE Animal tee. Plus, for the tee shirt people, only takes a fraction of the time to make Id be guessin...

Razor
01-22-14, 5:36 pm
Not a new idea, but one I think the expo goers would luv, eh? Only a handful of folks at the Arnold would sport ur exact tee... Makes for a very, very rare LE Animal tee. Plus, for the tee shirt people, only takes a fraction of the time to make Id be guessin...

Win win win in my opinion.

deanna7272
01-22-14, 7:01 pm
I LOVE the idea if the customizable shirts... They were kick ass last year...

I'm just wondering if offering TOO many options will dilute the mystique of the Animal gear... I know that I have seen knock offs in different colors, and while I do like some of the "options" I just think it takes away from the impact that the iconics make in a crowd.

Just my .02 ...

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-14, 7:06 pm
A lot of folks were excited and happy we did it. Was definitely a hit. Hell for those fellas there, look at the lines!!
You guys busted your ass Cuz...I tip my hat to you all that worked those Custom Shirts last year.
That was not a easy task...

HIGA MONSTER

Razor
01-23-14, 9:10 am
You guys busted your ass Cuz...I tip my hat to you all that worked those Custom Shirts last year.

HIGA MONSTER

haha thanks homie the hard part was when ppl asked for super long names!! We had to cut some ppl off after a certain number of letters haha.

Appollonian
01-23-14, 9:13 am
I LOVE the idea if the customizable shirts... They were kick ass last year...

I'm just wondering if offering TOO many options will dilute the mystique of the Animal gear... I know that I have seen knock offs in different colors, and while I do like some of the "options" I just think it takes away from the impact that the iconics make in a crowd.

Just my .02 ...

I think it's a pretty solid idea, too. I would keep the options low in line with what deanna7272 is saying, maybe have like 3-4 different color shirts, 3-4 different designs.

Universal Rep
01-23-14, 9:24 am
So mebbe only a few choices in color tees plus just a few diff Iconic designs and logos and ya get to mix and match. Etc.

I think it's a pretty solid idea, too. I would keep the options low in line with what deanna7272 is saying, maybe have like 3-4 different color shirts, 3-4 different designs.

Thats the plan... So these bad boys would cost more cuz of the custom, but youd also be able to pickup a standard LE shirt or two as well. Stock and custom...

Nix0r
01-23-14, 10:33 am
Great idea, especially if it is able to cut down the amount of time it takes to turn these bad boys out.

I almost punched someone last year who wanted "Altered Beast" on his shirt...

Razor
01-23-14, 10:41 am
Great idea, especially if it is able to cut down the amount of time it takes to turn these bad boys out.

HAHAHAH post of the day

P Diesel
01-23-14, 10:42 am

HIGA MONSTER

i made u one, im sure u wear it everywhere!

P

HIGA MONSTER
01-25-14, 11:10 pm

HAHAHAH post of the day
So fuckin awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

Big Al
01-27-14, 8:57 pm
This was awesome...we need some tanks also. Not string or beaters just a nice tank with some kinda crazy A on it.

N. Motta
01-27-14, 9:19 pm

HAHAHAH post of the day

Post of 2014 so far.

deanna7272
01-27-14, 11:08 pm
This was awesome...we need some tanks also. Not string or beaters just a nice tank with some kinda crazy A on it.

I agree...

twoheadedboy
01-28-14, 6:54 pm

I'm getting in your line and getting "The Mississippi State University of Agriculture and Applied Science Bulldogs Supporter - The Cage by Animal, Arnold Sports Festival February 27th - March 2nd 2014 In The Year Of Our Lord" on mine.

LayzieBone085
01-28-14, 7:40 pm
Whatever it is. I am buying it
Period.

DanoC
01-28-14, 8:56 pm
I was too broke last year to get the ragland tee.... I'm still too broke this year, but I'm not letting that stop me haha.

whatever it is, make it specific to the Arnold. for me, the Cage IS the Arnold

Universal Rep
01-29-14, 1:35 pm
I was too broke last year to get the ragland tee.... I'm still too broke this year, but I'm not letting that stop me haha.

whatever it is, make it specific to the Arnold. for me, the Cage IS the Arnold

They always have at least one "concert" style tee in the CAGE...

Flash419
01-29-14, 2:39 pm

Amen! I got 30+ t shirts.. need some tanks!

Merc_enary
01-29-14, 3:02 pm
last year, the good folks at animal offered customizable t-shirs where u could get ur name put on the back of a shirt. Wuz that cool? Did folks like that?

For 2014, should animal do customizable tees again, but mebbe a little different this year?

take maaah moneeey!

Shukin
01-29-14, 6:49 pm
I like the idea, I agree with Big Al on the Tanks too. Would be cool if the limited edition logos had guys like Higa in the Animal Icon, Big Al for the tank etc. Possibly not the best idea for mainstream public, but having the cage pillars reped in a T would bid bad ass in my opinion.

Zonly1
01-29-14, 8:59 pm
yea please....

RGonzo
01-30-14, 4:26 am
Last year's shirts were awesome. Do it again...or good luck makin em better

Universal Rep
01-30-14, 10:19 am
Last year's shirts were awesome. Do it again...or good luck makin em better

Every year, its sumthin new... sumthin limited edition.

ghost
01-30-14, 3:55 pm

you only want a tank because you dont want me to have to cut the fucking sleeves off again for you.

GUNS
01-30-14, 9:21 pm
you only want a tank because you dont want me to have to cut the fucking sleeves off again for you.

There was a ton of folks asking for tanks last year! Al just likes showing of those little P-Shooters of his!

P Diesel
02-03-14, 10:36 am

haha ghost is available for customizing any and all clothing, he made shorts out of my cargos at the olympia 2011. just watch ur tendons as he alters them while they are on u

There was a ton of folks asking for tanks last year! Al just likes showing of those little P-Shooters of his!

Al only breaks out his little p-shooter in private.

P

GUNS
02-03-14, 4:52 pm
haha ghost is available for customizing any and all clothing, he made shorts out of my cargos at the olympia 2011. just watch ur tendons as he alters them while they are on u

Al only breaks out his little p-shooter in private.

PI can not confirm or deny!

ghost
02-04-14, 10:08 am

P

hey! the bleeding stopped after a while.. the leg was saved...what are you complaining about?!?!?! ;)

Kowboy
02-04-14, 10:16 am
I may be too skinny for a tank this year...I guess i will just get a medium

smoothballer
02-04-14, 1:09 pm
I may be too skinny for a tank this year...I guess i will just get a medium

I think you mean smedium

Universal Rep
02-04-14, 3:15 pm
See this important post... http://instagram.com/p/kAcwbZASlK/

Shukin
02-04-14, 3:30 pm

Why not do one's of the guys who have been with you for ever?

freighttraindane
02-04-14, 3:39 pm

I'd buy a Shukin LE T-shirt, oh who the hell am I kidding, the shirts barely fit me and I buy the LE one every year

GUNS
02-04-14, 4:03 pm

BigAl shirts would sell like blueberry hotcakes! Haha! Id like to see a G Diesel one as well! P Diesel, Higa, Seath, GUNZ, The Ant! They would all be crazy sellers!

@lukkov
02-04-14, 4:32 pm
I thought it was legit, still wearing my T with LuKKoV on the back!

mrdamo
02-04-14, 6:23 pm

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

I know someone said on the instagram page that the arnold is main priority but I do hope these get sold on the site for those who are in other countries. I know that there would be quite a few Aussies who would buy these.

flex-em
02-04-14, 8:29 pm

BigAl shirts would sell like blueberry hotcakes! Haha! Id like to see a G Diesel one as well! P Diesel, Higa, Seath, GUNZ, The Ant! They would all be crazy sellers!

I was thinkin' the same Shunkin..

I'd take a few of each..

Kowboy
02-04-14, 9:45 pm
I agree, let's do some of the old school guys. Get one of Seath, higa or P

Brasil
02-05-14, 11:04 am
I envy you all. I had everything planned but last week when I went to talk to my Sargent he hands me the drill schedules and that weekend.. argg
Gotta ask my buddy mritter again if he be nice enough to pick me up something if i pay him.

smoothballer
02-05-14, 11:13 am
I agree, let's do some of the old school guys. Get one of Seath, higa or P

Old School Fat Seath would be money

Shukin
02-05-14, 1:29 pm
I'd buy a Shukin LE T-shirt, oh who the hell am I kidding, the shirts barely fit me and I buy the LE one every year

Are you a 3xl yet?

Shukin
02-05-14, 1:31 pm

Or a group photo one….

I want a Higa, Seath, Big Al one for sure!!! All three in all colors. As for P, I just want his beard, LE P Diesel Beards.

GUNS
02-05-14, 4:11 pm
Or a group photo one….

I want a Higa, Seath, Big Al one for sure!!! All three in all colors. As for P, I just want his beard, LE P Diesel Beards.

The beards will have a LE shirt tucked inside!

freighttraindane
02-06-14, 3:00 pm
Is there going to be new lids again this year?

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 3:16 pm
Is there going to be new lids again this year?

Need news ones?

freighttraindane
02-06-14, 3:17 pm
Need news ones?

Does a bear shit in the woods...

Of course we do!

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 3:18 pm
Does a bear shit in the woods...

Of course we do!

Ur gettin all philosophical like. Im in over my head.

freighttraindane
02-06-14, 3:27 pm
Ur gettin all philosophical like. Im in over my head.

Oh I'm in the elementary philosophy area. G is the great philosopher around these parts

Appollonian
02-06-14, 3:47 pm
Need news ones?

I've been collecting and wearing all the Animal and Universal hats I can. More the better...

knotahumanbeing
02-06-14, 3:57 pm
Need news ones?

I need one, don't imagine I should wear my Animal beanie throughout the summer months

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 4:05 pm
I need one, don't imagine I should wear my Animal beanie throughout the summer months

Ill see if Corporate can give me any sketches of the stuff theyll have on hand in the CAGE...

Razor
02-07-14, 10:42 am
Might have to pick up 3 hats this time. haha

Firefist
02-07-14, 11:15 am
Might have to pick up 3 hats this time. haha

was thinking the same thing brother.

LayzieBone085
02-07-14, 8:17 pm
Every year, its sumthin new... sumthin limited edition.

So .. only 50 limited Edition T-shirts again this year U?
You guys doing VIP passes this year?

Look forward to the Cage, its coming soon.. 21 days but who is counting?

conjugalburns
02-09-14, 11:37 am
I have never gotten one of the limited edition shirts. I have to say though, last years black customizable shirt is my favorite shirt ever

Segansational
02-19-14, 7:24 am
Yeah, the shirts last year looked great. I should've pulled the trigger - regretting ever since. This year for sure.

H.Redman
02-19-14, 9:14 am
I picked one of the black and white custom shirts last year. Definitely my favorite of the animal shirts I own.

I think anything you are able to customize will do really well. All the animal gear is badass, so I don't think it really matters.

Are there going to be any of the flex fit mesh hats for sale at the cage, or should I just order them online?

Heath

Firefist
02-19-14, 9:18 am
Are there going to be any of the flex fit mesh hats for sale at the cage, or should I just order them online?

They usually have 2 styles of flex fits in different color schemes. However in the past, I do not believe they were mesh, but woven through and through.

H.Redman
02-19-14, 9:25 am
They usually have 2 styles of flex fits in different color schemes. However in the past, I do not believe they were mesh, but woven through and through.

Thanks man. I have a few of the reg flex fits. Just was lookin for one of the mesh ones; something a little different than what I have. Ill probably just order a couple online to be safe.

Heath

Razor
02-19-14, 9:37 am

Must. Buy. 800000. haha

Firefist
02-19-14, 10:02 am
Thanks man. I have a few of the reg flex fits. Just was lookin for one of the mesh ones; something a little different than what I have. Ill probably just order a couple online to be safe.

Heath

No doubt. Both are nice. I am partial to the all black though.

You should check out our brothers at universalusa.com as well, they got some dope snapbacks.

Must. Buy. 800000. haha

I need a a shitton cause after training in one for a year, the thing shrinks from all the sweat buildup.

Thats actually kinda gross.

GUNS
02-19-14, 10:37 am
No doubt. Both are nice. I am partial to the all black though.

You should check out our brothers at universalusa.com as well, they got some dope snapbacks.

I need a a shitton cause after training in one for a year, the thing shrinks from all the sweat buildup.

Thats actually kinda gross.
I usually buy a couple each year due to training in them! I now keep one for training, and one for wearing other times!

Firefist
02-19-14, 11:05 am
I usually buy a couple each year due to training in them! I now keep one for training, and one for wearing other times!

Thats the way to do it. I think I'll get two for training and one for wearing haha.

Appollonian
02-19-14, 11:14 am
Thats the way to do it. I think I'll get two for training and one for wearing haha.

Need more hats for sure. I usually take my hat off before I start sweating, otherwise they would be junked out in 3-4 months.

Please, please consider the big headed folks in the area. "One sized fits all" is more like "one size fits most but not this guy". The black flex-fit with yellow lettering from last year's Cage that is sized L-XL fits PERFECTLY, I wear it all the time. I love the yellow hat with the black logo, but for some reason it is shaped ever so differently and fits more snug.

deanna7272
02-19-14, 1:17 pm
Need more hats for sure. I usually take my hat off before I start sweating, otherwise they would be junked out in 3-4 months.

Please, please consider the big headed folks in the area. "One sized fits all" is more like "one size fits most but not this guy". The black flex-fit with yellow lettering from last year's Cage that is sized L-XL fits PERFECTLY, I wear it all the time. I love the yellow hat with the black logo, but for some reason it is shaped ever so differently and fits more snug.

So it's.... S/M... L/XL and newly added size for Appollloian P/M (Pumpkin/Melon)...

Appollonian
02-19-14, 2:40 pm
So it's.... S/M... L/XL and newly added size for Appollloian P/M (Pumpkin/Melon)...

Hahaha you're not the first to call me pumpkin headed. Thanks for making me laugh.

freighttraindane
02-19-14, 2:46 pm

Love when Dee jumps in with a burn, haha

DoubleTapJak
02-19-14, 3:08 pm
Can we get some estimated prices so I know how much to allot for my Arnold budget? I don't mind taking out a short term loan but I need a head's up.

Universal Rep
02-19-14, 3:13 pm
Can we get some estimated prices so I know how much to allot for my Arnold budget? I don't mind taking out a short term loan but I need a head's up.

And... it begins.

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?179-The-CAGE-Gear-2014

DoubleTapJak
02-19-14, 3:40 pm
And... it begins.

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?179-The-CAGE-Gear-2014

Oh you're beautiful.

Appollonian
02-19-14, 3:41 pm

I fully admit my head size is ridiculous, but at 6'4" I'm OK with that.

Universal Rep
02-19-14, 3:41 pm
Oh you're beautiful.

Bring plenty of cash... ATMs are outside the expo halls from wut I understand but those machines often run out of money.

deanna7272
02-20-14, 9:25 am
Hahaha you're not the first to call me pumpkin headed. Thanks for making me laugh.

Geeezzz Dane...lol

I fully admit my head size is ridiculous, but at 6'4" I'm OK with that.

Awwww... All in jest guys... I was going to end that with "nothing but love" but I figured you'd know... If it makes it any better, I call my Howie a "melon head" and he's a 10# Yorkie... ;-)

((I am a little nicer than Bruiser, he's the jerkface....lol (NBL Bruiser...lol))

Appollonian
02-20-14, 9:57 am
Geeezzz Dane...lol

Awwww... All in jest guys... I was going to end that with "nothing but love" but I figured you'd know... If it makes it any better, I call my Howie a "melon head" and he's a 10# Yorkie... ;-)

((I am a little nicer than Bruiser, he's the jerkface....lol (NBL Bruiser...lol))

Haha zero offense taken. When reason I like lifting so much is I'm just trying to build my body up big enough to make my head look normal.

freighttraindane
02-20-14, 10:04 am
Geeezzz Dane...lol

We all know you are just joking around, but I just find it hilarious. If you didn't poke fun, then we would think something was wrong.

deanna7272
02-20-14, 12:51 pm
Haha zero offense taken. When reason I like lifting so much is I'm just trying to build my body up big enough to make my head look normal.

Lol!!! When I was in high school, my principal's son had a melon...lol. He is now my insurance agent and he finally grew into it!!!

We all know you are just joking around, but I just find it hilarious. If you didn't poke fun, then we would think something was wrong.

Lol... I've taken enough to be able to give it back... That's true... If I don't say anything (or talk to you) is when you should worry... ;-)

Big Al
02-20-14, 6:54 pm
Lol!!! When I was in high school, my principal's son had a melon...lol. He is now my insurance agent and he finally grew into it!!!

Lol... I've taken enough to be able to give it back... That's true... If I don't say anything (or talk to you) is when you should worry... ;-)

OH SHIT!! I havent talked to you in a long time....should I be worried???LOL

deanna7272
02-20-14, 7:20 pm
OH SHIT!! I havent talked to you in a long time....should I be worried???LOL

Be afraid.... Be VERY afraid...