PDA

View Full Version : hyper extentions, decline sit up bench combo.

DEADn
01-22-14, 2:33 pm
I am looking to invest some money into the above item but not $500+. Some people have told me that I can do sit ups with a hyper extension machine but how effect is that?

I have a home gym and really need to work on my abs as well as my back and even glutes but I don't want something that takes up alot of space. I have long legs and am 6'1" tall about 220lbs. Been doing powerlifting with a dash of bodybuilding in there.

Any suggestions?

Also want to get that hanging apparatus that a lifter puts the arms in and can do leg raises.

DoubleTapJak
02-12-14, 10:29 am
I know if I have good form and work to just use my abs, I get more out of hanging leg raises than just about any other ab exercise. I do mine at the gym but before that I had just one of the doorway pullup bars from walmart and it came with arm straps for leg raises. I believe it was a Perfect Pullup bar. Hell of a lot cheaper than a hyper extension machine.

Swolepez
02-12-14, 12:18 pm
Honestly, you don't need a machine for abs or glutes. I prefer free range of motion for abs over a restrictive ab-machine. Plus it will save you money.

For abs: crunches, reverse crunches, bicycle crunch, planks, etc.

For glutes: the bridge, leg lifts, glute kick backs, and flutter kicks.

KettleBellFreak
02-13-14, 1:19 pm
Are you thinking of an old dip set up with a back rest and upright handles?
And I have an ibex of imex roman chair I found on the internet for like 65$ and i love doing extensions (hyperextwnsions hurt me), my dip chair was 20$ from this old lady on Craigslist who wanted it out of her house. Browse around man, local listings and thrift shops have furnished my weight room. Always some old dumbbells or plates lying around you can get for super cheap.

BaconGrease
02-14-14, 7:31 am
Watch this for abs, this guy (Chris Duffin) is a pretty decent powerlifter that knows what he's talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODLuCEp3qs&list=PLb-4Y0uOHcQdpJo1fMf4fO_xusGZBUsNu&feature=share&index=6

Basically, you don't need a decline bench to train abs.