PDA

View Full Version : Trend of the supplement market

Angst
01-22-14, 11:11 pm
Flipping through any bodybuilding magazine, it seems like all the ads are about pre workouts, test boosters, and fat burners. I think this is an indication of what the consumers want, they want something that will give them a buzz, something that they can feel it during the workout. And if they can't feel it working, they won't buy it. There is no doubt that they are missing out, because we all know that in order to make gains, we gotta make sure our bodies has all the nutrients it needs to function at the highest level. I looked my best so far at my last show thanks to some of the "basic" supplement I took throughout contest prep, which were EAA stack, PM, Omega, and Pak. People may not think these supps are "flashy" and they don't give you a buzz or get you amped, but they flat out works. You may not notice anything right away like with taking a pre workout, but over time the benefits of EAAs, EFAs, and vitamins will be evident. The pre work supps help you train hard in the gym, the foundational supplement make sure all that effort is not wasted.

I normally buy my supplements online and I noticed many retailers has stopped carrying EAA Nitro and the EAA Stack, both really solid supplements. I think what supplements a company makes ultimately depend on what consumers wants to buy, and if there aren't enough people buying EAA Stack, Omega, PM, etc, then there is no point to keep making them, even though they are great products. People need to realize supplementation isn't all about the pre workouts, there are other supplements that may not have the hype and ridiculous claims and fancy packaging, but are more important in nourishing the body.

Bottom line, don't ignore the basics.

Swolepez
01-23-14, 12:48 am
I think this true.... I know MANY people who take a pre-workout but don't take a solid multi-vitamin like the Pak...even worse, I know MANY people who take a pre-workout or a fat burner but then don't even have their diet/nutrition set up...
That being said; I too take a pre-workout: Animal Pump. But I take it Bc it contains creatine, nitric oxide and provides caffeine that is more for focus and clean energy rather then a buzz... Along with Pump, I take Pak and Nitro. Basic but powerful. Those are the three main supps I try to have most of the time...with Christmas I get to experience with fat burners and such but Pak, Pump, Nitro is my basic stack.

G Diesel
01-23-14, 9:30 am
I love my preworkout supps... I've been using Rage, now Rage XL or Shock Therapy religiously for a long time.

But the idea of only caring about that "buzz" and casting aside protein, vitamins and minerals, aminos and EFAs is very short-sighted. Only someone with a nearly perfect bodybuilding diet could get away with that and still grow maximally, and there are very few people I know that are on such a regimen (Ox, Roman... That's about it).

Peace, G

J-Dawg
01-23-14, 11:26 am
Bottom line, don't ignore the basics.

Agreed! The basics are the supplements (after the diet is set) that should be considered first and foremost.

smoothballer
01-23-14, 11:28 am
Agreed! The basics are the supplements (after the diet is set) that should be considered first and foremost.

Diet > Exercise > Supplements

Angst
01-24-14, 12:11 am
I love my preworkout supps... I've been using Rage, now Rage XL or Shock Therapy religiously for a long time.

But the idea of only caring about that "buzz" and casting aside protein, vitamins and minerals, aminos and EFAs is very short-sighted. Only someone with a nearly perfect bodybuilding diet could get away with that and still grow maximally, and there are very few people I know that are on such a regimen (Ox, Roman... That's about it).

Peace, G

I love the preworkout supps too, that's why I have five different kinds sitting on my table right now lol. I like to go three weeks with a caffeinated preworkout supp followed by a week with non caffeinated preworkout supp. I feel like any kind of performance booster would work best if people don't use it all the time.

My worry is that if the majority of consumers only buys preworkout/test booster/fat burners, companies will be forced to stop making EEAs, EFAs, multi vitamins because not enough people are buying them.

Swolepez
01-24-14, 12:19 am
Diet > Exercise > Supplements

Diet>Exercise>Rest/Recovery>Supps

Swolepez
01-24-14, 12:21 am
I love the preworkout supps too, that's why I have five different kinds sitting on my table right now lol. I like to go three weeks with a caffeinated preworkout supp followed by a week with non caffeinated preworkout supp. I feel like any kind of performance booster would work best if people don't use it all the time.

My worry is that if the majority of consumers only buys preworkout/test booster/fat burners, companies will be forced to stop making EEAs, EFAs, multi vitamins because not enough people are buying them.

I follow the same protocol, 3 wks on 1 wk off when it comes to stimulants, caffeine.