PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting seminar with Malanichev in Jersey?

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 10:19 am
Just feelin out the interest if Corporate were to put on a free seminar featuring powerlifting legend Malanichev the week of Feb 17th...

J Wong
02-06-14, 10:37 am
That would be awesome. Is there going to be an ABC as well?

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 10:53 am
That would be awesome. Is there going to be an ABC as well?

Yup, of course. Just like BOSS's seminar back in the summer... Free powerlifting seminar and then an ABC event to follow. Good news is, Jerseys got a ton of great powerlifting gyms.

J Wong
02-06-14, 12:53 pm
hmmm...I might have to check my schedule

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 12:57 pm
hmmm...I might have to check my schedule

If ya head on up to Jersey from FL, get in touch with G Diesel brotha. There might be sum vid projects for ya while ur up there.

Big Wides
02-06-14, 1:00 pm
Has a time been set?

J Wong
02-06-14, 1:23 pm
If ya head on up to Jersey from FL, get in touch with G Diesel brotha. There might be sum vid projects for ya while ur up there.

Will do. I just have to wait for the dates to see what's up.

P Diesel
02-06-14, 1:41 pm
i'll be there

P

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 2:51 pm
Has a time been set?

Will do. I just have to wait for the dates to see what's up.

i'll be there

P

No time has been set. Just Corporate gaugin interest. Takes time and resources to get Malanichev to a seminar and if theres only 5 guys interested, may not make sense. So if ya know fellas who would go, thats wut we need to see.

N. Motta
02-06-14, 2:57 pm
It's a shame such events are only/will only be on the East Coast. I'd pay good money to attend something like this if it were not 2,000 miles away.

J Wong
02-06-14, 3:08 pm
I'd recommend posting a thread over on bb.com about it? More members over there so there might be quite a few up in that area. Just a thought!

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 3:14 pm
It's a shame such events are only/will only be on the East Coast. I'd pay good money to attend something like this if it were not 2,000 miles away.

Come to the Arnold. Malanichev will be part of the weight trainin seminar that Animal is planning...

I'd recommend posting a thread over on bb.com about it? More members over there so there might be quite a few up in that area. Just a thought!

Excellent idea. Put on that superhero outfit and change from J Wong to BSJ...

N. Motta
02-06-14, 3:24 pm
Come to the Arnold. Malanichev will be part of the weight trainin seminar that Animal is planning...

I actually did make it out to Columbus in 2011. The Cage and the National ABC were unforgettable. Unfortunately, such a trip is out of budget.

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 3:30 pm
Lookin at possible dates of 2/15 or 2/16 in Jersey of course... Mebbe in the eve during the week of 17th...

J Wong
02-06-14, 3:47 pm
U-Rep, check the forum!

freighttraindane
02-06-14, 3:47 pm
This would be great to have in cbus...

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 3:48 pm
This would be great to have in cbus...

Its happenin in C Bus too around the Arnold...

freighttraindane
02-06-14, 3:58 pm
Its happenin in C Bus too around the Arnold...

Urep always gets to deliver the good news. Oh and stir the pot too

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 4:02 pm
Urep always gets to deliver the good news. Oh and stir the pot too

First, stir pot, second, deliver good news...

That seminar bein planned at the Arnold will have folks like Malanichev and BOSS as well as BBers like Wrath..

U-Rep, check the forum!

Just got word from Corporate, could be week of the 17th, but in the eve...

Robbatista
02-06-14, 4:44 pm
First, stir pot, second, deliver good news...

That seminar bein planned at the Arnold will have folks like Malanichev and BOSS as well as BBers like Wrath..

Just got word from Corporate, could be week of the 17th, but in the eve...

I'd definitely be in...as long as not all the way down in South Jersey.

Universal Rep
02-06-14, 4:48 pm
I'd definitely be in...as long as not all the way down in South Jersey.

No, Skiba's Barbell. Carteret so more like northern Jersey. The tentative plan would be 6 or 6:30pm on Wed 2/19/14... Figure a 3-4 hour event total, with the seminar, lifitin exhibition and then an ABC event.

Did I mention all this is free?

Universal Rep
02-07-14, 9:30 am
Ok, so its lookin pretty def.

Andrey Malanichev will talk about his trainin and then do a Q/A. That will be followed by a squat exhibition. I hear sumthin on the order of 900+ squats for reps. After the exhibition, the Animal Barbell Club event where everyone trains...

Skiba's Barbell
652 Roosevelt Ave
Carteret, New Jersey 07008

2/19/14 6pm-10pm

J-Dawg
02-07-14, 9:39 am

Andrey Malanichev will talk about his trainin and then do a Q/A. That will be followed by a squat exhibition. I hear sumthin on the order of 900+ squats for reps. After the exhibition, the Animal Barbell Club event where everyone trains...

Skiba's Barbell
652 Roosevelt Ave

2/19/14 6pm-10pm

Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Universal Rep
02-07-14, 9:43 am
Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Know u, NG and G aint gonna miss it for the world, eh? Now that u three are doin PL meets and all...

Universal Rep
02-11-14, 2:07 pm
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679/UniversalUSA/MalanichevFlyer_zps755b0925.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/UniversalUSA/media/MalanichevFlyer_zps755b0925.jpg.html)

Kowboy
02-11-14, 2:35 pm
I am waiting to see if corporate wants to fly me out to watch this. Shoot me a PM guys....gonna hold my breath until I get the call.

PapaCobra
02-11-14, 7:53 pm
How do these ABC events work? This'll be my first one and I'm just curious if you guys decide who is benching, who is is squatting, etc? Or is it more like a social event where people are lifting, so one would just go wherever on wanted? Probably a dumb question, I know.

Firefist
02-11-14, 9:41 pm
How do these ABC events work? This'll be my first one and I'm just curious if you guys decide who is benching, who is is squatting, etc? Or is it more like a social event where people are lifting, so one would just go wherever on wanted? Probably a dumb question, I know.

It's a free for all brother, completely your call. Work in, meet some new brothers and get your scheduled workout in. Or, work on a single lift with any of the given big names in the house and train technique. Its all up to you. Its everything you make it out to be. We're definitely social, theres definitely hard training going on, and theres usually always the breaking of bread afterwards. Enjoy man, its gonna be one to remember.

No question is dumb man. We're all here to help out.

PapaCobra
02-11-14, 10:25 pm
It's a free for all brother, completely your call. Work in, meet some new brothers and get your scheduled workout in. Or, work on a single lift with any of the given big names in the house and train technique. Its all up to you. Its everything you make it out to be. We're definitely social, theres definitely hard training going on, and theres usually always the breaking of bread afterwards. Enjoy man, its gonna be one to remember.

No question is dumb man. We're all here to help out.

That all sounds pretty sweet to me! Yeah, this is definitely gonna be cool. I'm still getting used to everyone being so helpful on this board. Sure is refreshing!

Thanks for your response, brother. Perhaps I'll see you in Carteret?

Firefist
02-11-14, 10:38 pm
That all sounds pretty sweet to me! Yeah, this is definitely gonna be cool. I'm still getting used to everyone being so helpful on this board. Sure is refreshing!

Thanks for your response, brother. Perhaps I'll see you in Carteret?

Haha I wish homie. I'll be stuck in Ohio. However, that means I'll be that much closer to The Cage in a few weeks. You should definitely make it.

That being said, the fellas up in jersey are all class acts and you're gonna have a great time. I came up for a weekend over the summer and it was an awesome trip on the URT.

PapaCobra
02-11-14, 11:10 pm
Haha I wish homie. I'll be stuck in Ohio. However, that means I'll be that much closer to The Cage in a few weeks. You should definitely make it.

That being said, the fellas up in jersey are all class acts and you're gonna have a great time. I came up for a weekend over the summer and it was an awesome trip on the URT.

Yeah, man, I'll be driving from Connecticut for it. I'm pretty stoked. Maybe one of these years I'll finally make it to The Cage!

1morerep
02-13-14, 11:26 am
Great event but on Wednesday!!! Any chance to have a small clinic on the weekend???

Skiba's Barbell
652 Roosevelt Ave

2/19/14 6pm-10pm

Enforcer
02-13-14, 1:26 pm
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679/UniversalUSA/MalanichevFlyer_zps755b0925.jpg (http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/UniversalUSA/media/MalanichevFlyer_zps755b0925.jpg.html)

Truly a great opportunity for any powerlifter, young or old, to come check out one of the biggest freaks walking planet earth. If you live on the East Coast and can make it to this event, then I would def. do so