PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning

cbbordin
02-07-14, 8:02 pm
Here is a quick bio of myself. My name is Chris and I have been competitively powerlifting for the last 4 years. My best lifts are a 325 bench, a 405 squat, and a 525 deadlift raw all at 220. I haven't competed in about two years simply because of outside obligations and life simply getting in the way. I have not gained a significant amount of strength in the last two years either and admittedly have become sort of a program hopper (hopping from one program to the other trying to find what works.) I work two jobs and allot of hours per week which can sometimes make it difficult to go to the gym. Lately I have found that training a minimum of two days per week is optimal for my goals and seems to prevent burnout or overtraining and I have slowly began to make small gains again. As far as programming is considered, I have become a big fan of simple linear progression, much like Dan Green does. I bench once every week and squat or deadlift every other week. Outside of that I go to the gym whenever I can and try to get in solid workouts but if and when my life starts to get in the way, I simply cut back and focus on my primary 2 workout per week. I started this thread to simply post my workouts and make myself accountable for what I do in the gym. Any advice or suggestions that anyone may have is greatly appreciated as I am very open minded and open to new ideas. I am extremely excited to be part of this forum and hope to make good contributions when and where I can.

cbbordin
02-07-14, 8:07 pm
2/7/2014
I didn't work today due to the cold weather. I work outside doing construction and currently it is around -15 in montana right now. With that being said, I opted to train.

Front Squat - 115 x 6 for 4 sets

Bench Press - 205 x 6 for 3 sets

Pullups - bw 5 sets of 5

I work a second job as a bouncer as well and have to get ready to go to work in a few hours. My next workout will be Sunday morning and will be my main bench workout.

cbbordin
02-09-14, 10:37 pm
2/9/14

Bench Press - 215 x 6 paused (4 sets)
205 x 4 touch and go (4 sets)

Dumbbell Flies - 35 x 12 (3 sets)
Pullups bw - 7/6/5/5/5
Lateral Raises - 30 x 8 (3 sets)

cbbordin
02-11-14, 11:50 pm
2/11/14

Squat - 225 x 4 for 4 sets