PDA

View Full Version : Periodization

LCC444
02-17-14, 1:32 pm
Hey guys I just signed up here a couple days ago and have used the search bar for periodization and nothing came up, so I guess its safe to start a thread about it. I was wondering what periodization methods you guys use, and why you use it? I know the tried and true is linear, I read in an interview Dan Green uses it. I was also wondering how you implement it in your routine for the basic coumpound lifts. For example do you use 75% of your 1rm for the first set( which would be around 10 reps), then 80% for the second, 85% for the third, then drop it down to 70% and try to get as many reps over 10 as possible. Then for every rep over ten you add 5lbs for next time. Or am I over complicating things. Thanks for any info !

KettleBellFreak
02-20-14, 12:49 pm
This forum isn't the finite place for information. People will discuss information here, but aren't going to teach you what to do. Nobody knows your body. You'll have to figure that out on your own. Plenty of articles have been written on block periodization.

Jay Nera
02-21-14, 12:18 am
This forum isn't the finite place for information. People will discuss information here, but aren't going to teach you what to do. Nobody knows your body. You'll have to figure that out on your own. Plenty of articles have been written on block periodization.

Agree. You have to learn what works for you.

But as long as you seek to understand the concepts as opposed to just mimicking methods you'll be on the right track.

for example, building volume with moderate intensity ….and then tapering down volume as you build intensity towards the competition. Bill Kaz did this in the simplest form. 10 reps, next week add weight 9 reps, next week add weight 8 reps……next week add weight 3….2…1=competition….. and something as simple as that worked for him.